Saw this poll, thought it would be a fun topic here.

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Saw this poll, thought it would be a fun topic here.

Postby monkey » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:31 am

What do you want the Seahawks to do with the 26th pick in the draft?

Draft OL
    Draft WR/RB
    Draft DL
    Draft LB
    Draft DB
    Trade Back
    Trade Up
    other
monkey
Legacy

Re: Saw this poll, thought it would be a fun topic here.

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:02 am

Trade back. this is a draft that's as good in the 3rd as it is at 26, I say we add a couple in that range.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:15 am

Trade back.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:12 am

Trade back. (Please...)
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:22 am

If someone like Rankins unexpectedly falls, select him otherwise trade down a few spots.
I think the tiers are the first 15 -20 then the same until about 35-40 so not a big trade down.
They should still be able to get a solid DL prospect or maybe a good OT/G as well as get another couple of guys on their 'must have' list by the end of the 3rd.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Oly » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:33 am

Saw that post on Field Gulls, too. I voted Trade Back.
Oly
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:50 am

This really feels like a trade back year. Earlier I was thinking best case scenario would be if Lynch somehow falls to us, then a QB needy team would be more than willing to move up and get him. Now there is absolutely no chance of that happening but recently Gruden said he wouldn't be surprised if 5 or 6 QB's were drafted in the first round this year. If Cook and/or Hackenburg is still sitting there at 26 some QB needy team might start to get a little trigger happy and move into the first.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:46 am

mykc14 wrote:This really feels like a trade back year. Earlier I was thinking best case scenario would be if Lynch somehow falls to us, then a QB needy team would be more than willing to move up and get him. Now there is absolutely no chance of that happening but recently Gruden said he wouldn't be surprised if 5 or 6 QB's were drafted in the first round this year. If Cook and/or Hackenburg is still sitting there at 26 some QB needy team might start to get a little trigger happy and move into the first.

If 4 or 5 QBs have been taken by 26, it would increase the possibility of an unexpected fall of a quality player. I guess it would also increase the possibility of a team wanting to trade up to get someone as well.
Last edited by NorthHawk on Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:48 am

NorthHawk wrote:
If 4 or 5 QBs have been taken by 26, it would increase the possibility of an unexpected fall of a quality player. I guess it would also increase the possibility of a team wanted to trade up to get someone as well.

Yep, either way it puts us in a pretty good position!
mykc14
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:50 am

It could make the decision harder, too I suspect.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:52 am

Kind of counting on trading back, not just once either... The only thing I see changing that is some sort of epic fall of a "generational" player ( at least in Seattle's eyes) could even see them moving up for a change If a player like that fell into the twenty range...( give that about a .01% chance of being the case though)..
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:28 pm

I vote that we trade up in the draft and then trade back down for a profit : D
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby monkey » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:08 pm

Yeah most of you guys are thinking there same as I am, trade back.
In an especially deep draft, I'll take more lottery tickets.
monkey
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:22 pm

Who might be possible trade partners for pick# 26? We can't trade down too far without falling to the next tier of talent.
Perhaps Jacksonville might be the limit at 38.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:38 pm

Cleveland looks like a pretty suitable trade partner moving up from early second, they have like five picks in the first 100, maybe if a guy like Paxton Lynch fell they could be persuaded to part with an early 2, a 3 and maybe a fifth or sixth. IMO the Seahawks should be looking at teams with LOTS of ammo in the draft, wouldn't be shocked to see yet another trade to get up to number 3 with SD either.

This draft seems to be actually working in Seattle's favor. Honestly believe they will be able to choose to do whatever they want. Deep draft, 9 picks, and plenty of movement already. They can either garner more picks or take an excellent prospect at 26 ( which certainly is usually kind of a crap shoot, hell half the time number 6 is a crap shoot...).

Feel really good about this upcoming draft, like 2012 good...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:14 pm

It depends - if a special player is available that they really covet then they will draft the player - if not then they will trade back.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:04 am

If this is a poll about what I wish they would do, it would be to trade UP to grab one of the top 3 - 4 Left Tackles in the draft. If it takes our 2nd and one of the 3rd to get that 5 year OT, i'm in. Trading back is more probable with the history of the FO.

js
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:56 am

I am going to be lone beacon of rebellion and say OL; but I would be shocked if JS did not trade back. I don't agree with trading back, I think you miss a chance on a franchise player at OT. JS thinks that this draft is the deepest in years and I see him trading back. So who does Human and Monkey trust more, ME or John Schneider? hee hee hee :lol:
obiken
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:09 am

NorthHawk wrote:Who might be possible trade partners for pick# 26? We can't trade down too far without falling to the next tier of talent.
Perhaps Jacksonville might be the limit at 38.

I posted this in another thread, but I'll repost here as it answers your question directly.
https://twitter.com/DraftCampbell/status/723927450766446592
Browns and Broncos already looking to get up into late round one for a QB.
That's just two possibilities, wait until the draft actually gets going and suddenly some players start to slide. The heat of the draft can make all kinds of strange things happen.
monkey
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:16 am

obiken wrote:I am going to be lone beacon of rebellion and say OL; but I would be shocked if JS did not trade back. I don't agree with trading back, I think you miss a chance on a franchise player at OT. JS thinks that this draft is the deepest in years and I see him trading back. So who does Human and Monkey trust more, ME or John Schneider? hee hee hee :lol:

Well...how about this Obiken?
Trade back, adding an early second and early fourth, and then use those picks to take O-Line?
:D
monkey
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:56 am

Are you thinking trading down with a team like Tennessee?
An early 4th would be nice to get.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:00 am

NorthHawk wrote:Are you thinking trading down with a team like Tennessee?
An early 4th would be nice to get.

I was thinking the Browns, but yeah, whoever.
Broncos and Browns are already looking for trade partners according to sources.
monkey
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:17 am

Oh, yah. The Browns have the first 2 picks in the 4th.
Maybe if we were lucky, get the first pick and swap our 4th for their 2nd pick (edit in the 4th round).
Maybe just dreaming...
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:56 pm

I agree that this draft is setting up nicely for us.
And with our overall history of non 1st round picks, I think the trend of trading back continues.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:12 pm

Derrick Henry, if available, should be taken. 6-2 247 and runs a 4.5. He is a Lynch clone.
obiken
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:39 am

obiken wrote:Derrick Henry, if available, should be taken. 6-2 247 and runs a 4.5. He is a Lynch clone.

Henry needs to get up a head of speed and seemed to me that he got going sideways when hit early in the backfield. Lynch had a better side slip and early power to break tackles and often make positive yardage when hit in the backfield.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:42 pm

You could be right, but I think he would transition in. I think it comes down to how much the Duo think we need a new back.
obiken
Legacy

Postby monkey » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:28 pm

obiken wrote:Derrick Henry, if available, should be taken. 6-2 247 and runs a 4.5. He is a Lynch clone.

Believe me, he's definitely not.
I think he's going to be a bust, a big, big bust.
Marshawn had the ability to stop on a dime and let would be tacklers fly right by, or give them a stiff arm and send them flying by, then cut and go.
Henry has the ability to get brought down behind the line of scrimmage, by his ankles, by literally EVERYONE who gets into the backfield.
I really hope the Seahawks don't take him. He and Nkemdiche would be the two guys in the whole draft who "experts" have the Seahawks taking, who I would really be disappointed in.
monkey
Legacy

Postby monkey » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:30 pm

NorthHawk wrote:
Henry needs to get up a head of speed and seemed to me that he got going sideways when hit early in the backfield. Lynch had a better side slip and early power to break tackles and often make positive yardage when hit in the backfield.

A much nicer way of saying what I said. :lol:
monkey
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:10 pm

Tyler Ervin is a local kid down here (San Jose St.) who, while being more slender than desired (5'10"/192), I think has some considerable upside as a RB. He has that chip on the shoulder mentality, and a willingness to do whatever is asked of him with enthusiasm. He could easily bulk up a bit without sacrificing his style. I'm really curious where he ends up going in the draft, with the forecast being as high as a 3rd rounder in some mocks, with others having him go much later.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:39 am

Zorn76 wrote:Tyler Ervin is a local kid down here (San Jose St.) who, while being more slender than desired (5'10"/192), I think has some considerable upside as a RB. He has that chip on the shoulder mentality, and a willingness to do whatever is asked of him with enthusiasm. He could easily bulk up a bit without sacrificing his style. I'm really curious where he ends up going in the draft, with the forecast being as high as a 3rd rounder in some mocks, with others having him go much later.

192 is a poor mans LeMichael James, how did he do. Finding average backs is easy, finding good to great ones that are durable is the hard part. Ok, how about a different one, Booker out of Utah. 5-11 218, tough, compact and good runner. Except for the Knee injury all upside. Almost 3000 yards in 2 years. You never really know. No doubt fellas, Bama rb's have flooded the market and been bust, ask Cleveland. However, who thought Rawls would be as good as he was.
Well see.
Almost everyone has the Hawks taking a DT anyway!
obiken
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:50 am

If we are talking about RB's, how about Keith Marshall from Georgia?
He was a 5 star recruit out of high school, got hurt (ACL) his first year and then had to contend with Gurley.
He isn't at Gurley's level, but few are so maybe he will turn out to be similar to Thurman Thomas (played with Barry Sanders) and be a real good pro.
He's more of a body type Pete likes at 5-11, 219 and ran a 4.31 at the combine. Pete also likes players that were highly recruited and might have a chip on his shoulder.
Most mocks have him as a late round pick so he could be there in the 6th or 7th.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:35 pm

Yep, I think there's any number of options when it comes to viable RB's.
Ervin has returner capabilities as well, but we already have one the best in the business there with Lockett.

We'll see how we play it. Rawls may return to his former self, but that injury is no joke, even if rehab is going well to this point. RW confirmed, too, that he's more than capable of taking his game to the next level, which we all thought he could do anyway. But I still believe a RB is key for our offense. And until the OL gets more on track, we're gonna need to run the ball plenty. Either way, I don't think the plan is to have Wilson dropping back 30+ times a week as a game plan.

Looking forward to the draft kicking off Thursday, but most interested in what we do in the last few rounds on Saturday. Our F.O. is pretty savvy with the late rounds.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:54 pm

You know this will be the year they trade up LOL. We all have them pegged, time to completely turn people on their ears... ( again)...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:42 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:You know this will be the year they trade up LOL. We all have them pegged, time to completely turn people on their ears... ( again)...

That WOULD be a twist. I wonder if there is anyone on their board that if they fell a number of spots would temp them.
I really doubt it, but I dont really know what excites our FO enough to want to trade up.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum