I used to love Draft Day!

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

I used to love Draft Day!

Postby obiken » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:23 am

Remember when the draft was on Saturday and Sunday. It was fun. Now it just sucks. Of course Its not the only thing Goodell has ruined, in fact I am surprised he hasn't stretched it to 4 Days! Give the little mutt time.
But it used to be so fun to get up, and spend the day watching the draft on Sat. Now, I will watch the 1st couple of picks, Seattle's first rounder and the rest I will get off the Internet.
obiken
Legacy

Re: I used to love Draft Day!

Postby Seahawkfan80 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:50 am

We used to golf in the morning and then come in on draft day Saturday just to see who was being picked, too. I liked it that way as well. Now I have to wait for the long drawn out process. And you think it will only be 4 days...there are 7 rounds after all. He he he :twisted:
Seahawkfan80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:52 pm

Goodell is just a puppet of the owners. He gets paid handsomely to take the heat from the fans while he does the dirty work.
They are able to make more money with the prime time 1st 3 rounds, so they go with it and to hell with tradition or family and friend get togethers.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:03 pm

I'm with you guys - I loved Draft Day. We were glued to it.

I have a wager with a friend from Boston. I'm saying the Thursday Draft coverage will have higher TV ratings the NBA Playoff game(s) playing in the same time slot. Last year, the Draft murdered the NBA ratings wise.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:39 pm

I actually like it better where it is now. I work odd shifts with days off that often times fall in the middle of the week such as I have now. After working graveyard tonight, I'll have tomorrow off so I'll don the headphones and listen to the draft on radio.

The only downer in recent years is that we trade the first pick so often that I have to wait to see who our first selection is. It looks like that trend might change this season.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:20 pm

Old but Slow wrote:Actually, Dog, it seems likely that they will trade out of the first round again. There seems to be a pocket of players between the middle twenties to about 40 that seem to grade about the same. The obstacle may be finding a trading partner, as other teams at the end of the first will probably have the same idea.

Need to find a team that is desperate for a QB or for the RB Henry or something, maybe a WR.

Who knows. There are some rumors flying around that Kam Chancellor is on the trading block and that the Redskins want him. Interesting since the Skins just got through spending a boat load of money on Josh Norman.

It should be an interesting day. I've set aside the 5-8pm time slot tomorrow.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:29 pm

Yeah, anti-climactic is a good description of how it is today.
But I still watch just to see how the teams value talent and fill needs. Seeing Gruden and Kiper argue can be entertaining, too.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:15 pm

Seahawkfan80 wrote:We used to golf in the morning and then come in on draft day Saturday just to see who was being picked, too. I liked it that way as well. Now I have to wait for the long drawn out process. And you think it will only be 4 days...there are 7 rounds after all. He he he :twisted:

Great point guy, we hate him like hating the assistant FB coach, who when he became the head coach, I loved the guy!

Yeah 7 day draft man I hope not!
obiken
Legacy

Postby monkey » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:19 pm

I still love draft day, but I no longer love to sit and just watch like I used to. It's a weekday and I am FAR too busy with life and kids.
Saturday and Sunday draft day was awesome, this new arrangement sucks by comparison.
monkey
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:36 am

I loved the old marathon Sat and Sun draft as well.
Completely get why they switched from a business standpoint, but the original setup was a lot more fun, IMO.

Working nights kills any chance of seeing Thurs & Friday this year, too. Saturday I might catch some of it.

No matter - here's to having a solid draft!

Go Hawks!
Zorn76
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum