T-Jack will never be a Seahawk again ...

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

T-Jack will never be a Seahawk again ...

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:09 pm

Tarvaris Jackson arrested after allegedly pointing gun at wife http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... n-at-wife/

And if you'll excuse the pun his wife's a pistol under duress:

Per the report, Jackson’s wife replied that he “better be accurate because you ain’t accurate on the field.”

Score one for the wife.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Re: T-Jack will never be a Seahawk again ...

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:57 pm

I just saw that. Hopefully the charges are false. Besides the fact that TJack wasn't a very good QB, I really liked the guy.

Aren't you glad that Pete didn't follow through with his pledge to "build around Tavaris!"?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:50 pm

Three of his kids asleep in the Condo. How the hell do you claim their was a shouting match... yet no one wakes up anyone? The gun and the pot and going to be the issue, if it moves forward.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:32 pm

Well Jackson denied none of it except pointing the gun at her. So I'm guessing the rest of its accurate ( drunk, kicked down door, threatening to kill her, being restrained by friend etc).
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:33 pm

I thought that in Tjack Seattle had one of the more capable backups in the league. This seems to really have come out of left field or maybe it was just hidden from public view.
In the era of Ray Rice and Johnny Manziel my guess is TJack is finished in the NFL unless its all made up. It doesn't sound like it is....

Hopefully backup QB in Seattle is just someone to take reps in the preseason and mop up blowouts.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:42 pm

Oh no that's too bad. I been a gun guy all my life, but these pro athletes need to get rid of the fire arms.
obiken
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:33 pm

RiverDog wrote:I just saw that. Hopefully the charges are false. Besides the fact that TJack wasn't a very good QB, I really liked the guy.

Aren't you glad that Pete didn't follow through with his pledge to "build around Tavaris!"?

You just creeped me out with that memory!
I've all but forgotten why I was so pessimistic about Pete Carroll when he first came here, but living in Vikings territory, and therefore, knowing more than I like to about the Vikings, it really put a sour taste in my mouth when two of the early BIG decisions Pete made were to bring Darryl Bevell in as O Coordinator (a move I still am not quite at complete peace with) and brought in Tarvaris to QB the team.
I was so ticked off at us starting Tarvaris, that guy had exactly zero chance of EVER becoming more than a serviceable backup, at very best.
So many fans told me to relax, that I needed to "give him a chance".
Trouble is, I'd watched WAY too many Vikings games with Tarvaris under center, I KNEW who he was as a QB, and whatever potential people claimed to be seeing, was nothing more than an illusion made by his athleticism.
Putting back together the two people who I made the most fun of Vikings fans for believing in, (Bevell and Jackson. I mean I RIPPED Vikings fans mercilessly for having those two clowns in such prominent roles) made it nearly impossible to even try to defend the direction the Seahawks were heading in, other than to say, "We have a good defense!"
Offensively, we were going nowhere. Later, picking up Whitehurst, and then Flynn, did nothing to change my mind on that. I never bought into Flynn, (again, I saw too much of him, because of the NFC North connection) and even after squinting really hard and TRYING to see what the coach was seeing in Charlie, I called that trade one of the worst of all time.

Maybe that's why I defend Russell Wilson so much now. I can so easily remember all the craptacular QB's the Seahawks have trotted out there.
I remember like it was yesterday, the back to back years of drafting QB's #1. Dan McQuire, (Mark's little brother) who was the only human being alive to have the distinction of being the all time tallest NFL QB, while leading the NFL in passes batted down at the LOS because the moron couldn't throw over his offensive line. Jeff Kemp, Kelly Stoufer, Stan Gelbaugh, Rick Mirer, John Friez (not the worst, but still...), Brock Huard, Glen Foley. The list goes on and on of absolute crap QB's we've trotted out there over the years.
When I hear fans get irritated with Wilson, and try to blame him for what's wrong with our team when they lose, all I can think is that, anyone complaining about our QB situation, has clearly forgotten how bad it can get.

It started OK with Zorn scrambling around and making something out of nothing, then later some very good seasons from Krieg, (despite all the fumbles). We had one season of a 40 year old Warren Moon, and about four, truly good seasons of QB play from Hasselbeck (once he finally beat out Dilfer).
Otherwise, the Seahawks QB situation has historically been erratic at best.

BY comparison, Wilson is one of the leagues best QB's, and when people whine about Wilson, I feel like a dog who is contentedly chewing on a bone that I've been waiting for my whole life, and someone is trying to take it away from me.

He's not perfect (though the tail end of last season, he took a step closer to that, when he started trusting his reads better, and getting rid of the ball more quickly!!) but he's a damned sight better than ANYONE we've ever had here.
The simply fact of the matter is, we have never had it so good in Seattle. This is our golden era, and might not ever be this good again.

So, color me disinterested in the whole Tarvaris gun thing*, not because I think it's OK to pull a gun on someone, but frankly, I just am glad he's no longer on this team! I've never been a fan, never seen what others liked about him, never thought he was anything more than an anchor, and an excuse to not draft a young QB to groom behind Wilson. I'm much more interested in seeing what Boykin can do, and at least giving him a shot to be the teams backup, and someone we can grow into a serviceable QB, now that Tarvaris is out of the way.

*For the record, I think it's pretty clear that their domestic situation has been very bad for quite some time, if she's saying things like what she was quoted as saying to him. I find that sad. Marriage is a gift.
monkey
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:27 pm

monkey wrote:You just creeped me out with that memory!
I've all but forgotten why I was so pessimistic about Pete Carroll when he first came here, but living in Vikings territory, and therefore, knowing more than I like to about the Vikings, it really put a sour taste in my mouth when two of the early BIG decisions Pete made were to bring Darryl Bevell in as O Coordinator (a move I still am not quite at complete peace with) and brought in Tarvaris to QB the team.
I was so ticked off at us starting Tarvaris, that guy had exactly zero chance of EVER becoming more than a serviceable backup, at very best.
So many fans told me to relax, that I needed to "give him a chance".
Trouble is, I'd watched WAY too many Vikings games with Tarvaris under center, I KNEW who he was as a QB, and whatever potential people claimed to be seeing, was nothing more than an illusion made by his athleticism.
Putting back together the two people who I made the most fun of Vikings fans for believing in, (Bevell and Jackson. I mean I RIPPED Vikings fans mercilessly for having those two clowns in such prominent roles) made it nearly impossible to even try to defend the direction the Seahawks were heading in, other than to say, "We have a good defense!"
Offensively, we were going nowhere. Later, picking up Whitehurst, and then Flynn, did nothing to change my mind on that. I never bought into Flynn, (again, I saw too much of him, because of the NFC North connection) and even after squinting really hard and TRYING to see what the coach was seeing in Charlie, I called that trade one of the worst of all time.

Maybe that's why I defend Russell Wilson so much now. I can so easily remember all the craptacular QB's the Seahawks have trotted out there.
I remember like it was yesterday, the back to back years of drafting QB's #1. Dan McQuire, (Mark's little brother) who was the only human being alive to have the distinction of being the all time tallest NFL QB, while leading the NFL in passes batted down at the LOS because the moron couldn't throw over his offensive line. Jeff Kemp, Kelly Stoufer, Stan Gelbaugh, Rick Mirer, John Friez (not the worst, but still...), Brock Huard, Glen Foley. The list goes on and on of absolute crap QB's we've trotted out there over the years.
When I hear fans get irritated with Wilson, and try to blame him for what's wrong with our team when they lose, all I can think is that, anyone complaining about our QB situation, has clearly forgotten how bad it can get.

It started OK with Zorn scrambling around and making something out of nothing, then later some very good seasons from Krieg, (despite all the fumbles). We had one season of a 40 year old Warren Moon, and about four, truly good seasons of QB play from Hasselbeck (once he finally beat out Dilfer).
Otherwise, the Seahawks QB situation has historically been erratic at best.

BY comparison, Wilson is one of the leagues best QB's, and when people whine about Wilson, I feel like a dog who is contentedly chewing on a bone that I've been waiting for my whole life, and someone is trying to take it away from me.

He's not perfect (though the tail end of last season, he took a step closer to that, when he started trusting his reads better, and getting rid of the ball more quickly!!) but he's a damned sight better than ANYONE we've ever had here.
The simply fact of the matter is, we have never had it so good in Seattle. This is our golden era, and might not ever be this good again.

So, color me disinterested in the whole Tarvaris gun thing*, not because I think it's OK to pull a gun on someone, but frankly, I just am glad he's no longer on this team! I've never been a fan, never seen what others liked about him, never thought he was anything more than an anchor, and an excuse to not draft a young QB to groom behind Wilson. I'm much more interested in seeing what Boykin can do, and at least giving him a shot to be the teams backup, and someone we can grow into a serviceable QB, now that Tarvaris is out of the way.

*For the record, I think it's pretty clear that their domestic situation has been very bad for quite some time, if she's saying things like what she was quoted as saying to him. I find that sad. Marriage is a gift.

Nice post, monkey!

I agree with most everything you said and share many of the same sentiments. I liked the fact that he really busted his tail for us and was OK with him being on our team as a backup, but with this latest incident, he's not worth the liability. Besides, if Russell gets hurt, we're screwed with or without TJack.

However, I'm not quite ready to conclude that he pulled a gun on his wife. Like someone else said, unless she was armed, why would a professional football player feel like he needed a gun to threaten a woman with? It doesn't make sense.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:11 pm

However, I'm not quite ready to conclude that he pulled a gun on his wife.

hmmmmm...let's see. He was drunk, he admitted to kicking the door down and threatening to kill her, but said there was no gun...and then BANG - there is a loaded a loaded gun and bag o' weed on the counter and his story changed to I was holding the bag with the gun......... but you are inclined to believe she made up the part about him pointing it at her? WHY, may I ask? Is she just being mean to her attacker? Who knows how it will end up or what actually happened? I know I surely don't as I was not there. Things are changing and most people are getting smarter about DV, its negative impacts to society and more and more people are understanding that DV at this level is not just a personal problem. It isn't just Ray Rice's personal business, it isn't just Greg Hardy's business, (or she's just trying to embarrass him or get his money)..........it is a societal issue that needs to be addressed. I just don't get how you can come to the conclusion that she lied...maybe she did, but it surely doesn't look good for him, IMHO.

And, BTW, I agree with this "Besides, if Russell gets hurt, we're screwed with or without TJack." 100%
Last edited by Hawk Sista on Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:23 pm

Nice post, Monkey. RW is special and I would pick him over any other QB right now to run OUR offense. I personally feel the same way about Pete in the coaching role. There's no arguing the success the Hawks have had since his arrival. Winning is expected...'twas never that way before. There were only a handful of double digit win seasons (actually 5) in the franchise's entire history prior to his arrival and we have enjoyed 4 in a row (he has a 10 game per year average after starting with a bare cupboard) + back to back super bowl appearances. I know this is a conversation about QBs....just pointing out that I feel like the same dog with a juicy bone being tugged on when people get all critical of Pete and/or John.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:32 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:Nice post, Monkey. RW is special and I would pick him over any other QB right now to run OUR offense. I personally feel the same way about Pete in the coaching role. There's no arguing the success the Hawks have had since his arrival. Winning is expected...'twas never that way before. There were only a handful of double digit win seasons (actually 5) in the franchise's entire history prior to his arrival and we have enjoyed 4 in a row (he has a 10 game per year average after starting with a bare cupboard) + back to back super bowl appearances. I know this is a conversation about QBs....just pointing out that I feel like the same dog with a juicy bone being tugged on when people get all critical of Pete and/or John.

These are the good old days.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:00 pm

;)
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:34 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:hmmmmm...let's see. He was drunk, he admitted to kicking the door down and threatening to kill her, but said there was no gun...and then BANG - there is a loaded a loaded gun and bag o' weed on the counter and his story changed to I was holding the bag with the gun......... but you are inclined to believe she made up the part about him pointing it at her? WHY, may I ask? Is she just being mean to her attacker? Who knows how it will end up or what actually happened? I know I surely don't as I was not there. Things are changing and most people are getting smarter about DV, its negative impacts to society and more and more people are understanding that DV at this level is not just a personal problem. It isn't just Ray Rice's personal business, it isn't just Greg Hardy's business, (or she's just trying to embarrass him or get his money)..........it is a societal issue that needs to be addressed. I just don't get how you can come to the conclusion that she lied...maybe she did, but it surely doesn't look good for him, IMHO.

And, BTW, I agree with this "Besides, if Russell gets hurt, we're screwed with or without TJack." 100%

I didn't say she made up anything or that I believed or didn't believe either version. All I said was I wasn't ready to conclude that he actually pulled a gun on her. I'm basing my opinion on a gut feel, ie that if I had an obviously physical superiority over an adversary, the last thing I'd think about is pulling a gun, which to me is a last resort, self defense move. But he was drunk, so who knows what he was thinking.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:39 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:Nice post, Monkey. RW is special and I would pick him over any other QB right now to run OUR offense. I personally feel the same way about Pete in the coaching role. There's no arguing the success the Hawks have had since his arrival. Winning is expected...'twas never that way before. There were only a handful of double digit win seasons (actually 5) in the franchise's entire history prior to his arrival and we have enjoyed 4 in a row (he has a 10 game per year average after starting with a bare cupboard) + back to back super bowl appearances. I know this is a conversation about QBs....just pointing out that I feel like the same dog with a juicy bone being tugged on when people get all critical of Pete and/or John.

Jesus, I hadn't realized that. 5 double digit win seasons prior to Pete's arrival and now we're at 4 in a row. That's amazing.

But I'll still be severely pissed off if we get 5 in a row but don't bring home a Lombardi this season.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:35 pm

Ha! Me too River. It's sooooo easy to be steady in June. Come sit on the couch w/ me in September :o :twisted: :D :oops: :shock: :evil: :D. I'm like Sybil. I go from: "They are gonna blow it" & "I knew we would lose" to "RW is the MAN!", "Sea-HAWKS" & "I love these guys...best EVERRRR!!"

My favorite professional mentor once told me: "who you are when the ish hits the fan tells me more about you than the sum total of all the great ish you do." Which brings me to this:

"I didn't say she made up anything or that I believed or didn't believe either version. All I said was I wasn't ready to conclude that he actually pulled a gun on her. I'm basing my opinion on a gut feel, ie that if I had an obviously physical superiority over an adversary, the last thing I'd think about is pulling a gun, which to me is a last resort, self defense move. But he was drunk, so who knows what he was thinking."

Fair enough, RD. You know me, I'm often not my best when the ish hits the fan (50 and still working on that). I overreact to things. Perhaps I should have let myself think before letting my fingers fly?? I know you are a good guy, really. You are logical and have a big heart. I do believe, however, that we have all been conditioned to dismiss a woman's plea for help where DV is concerned. While this is largely changing, it is a real part of our learned DNA to dismiss such claims.....being tired of this trend, I pounced on you and your inconclusive stance. In fairness, neither of us knows what happened, but TJack admitted to enough, IMHO, to make him guilty of much more than a slap on the wrist.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:04 am

Hawk Sista wrote:Ha! Me too River. It's sooooo easy to be steady in June. Come sit on the couch w/ me in September :o :twisted: :D :oops: :shock: :evil: :D. I'm like Sybil. I go from: "They are gonna blow it" & "I knew we would lose" to "RW is the MAN!", "Sea-HAWKS" & "I love these guys...best EVERRRR!!"

My favorite professional mentor once told me: "who you are when the ish hits the fan tells me more about you than the sum total of all the great ish you do." Which brings me to this:

"I didn't say she made up anything or that I believed or didn't believe either version. All I said was I wasn't ready to conclude that he actually pulled a gun on her. I'm basing my opinion on a gut feel, ie that if I had an obviously physical superiority over an adversary, the last thing I'd think about is pulling a gun, which to me is a last resort, self defense move. But he was drunk, so who knows what he was thinking."

Fair enough, RD. You know me, I'm often not my best when the ish hits the fan (50 and still working on that). I overreact to things. Perhaps I should have let myself think before letting my fingers fly?? I know you are a good guy, really. You are logical and have a big heart. I do believe, however, that we have all been conditioned to dismiss a woman's plea for help where DV is concerned. While this is largely changing, it is a real part of our learned DNA to dismiss such claims.....being tired of this trend, I pounced on you and your inconclusive stance. In fairness, neither of us knows what happened, but TJack admitted to enough, IMHO, to make him guilty of much more than a slap on the wrist.

Thanks for the kudos, Sis. Coming from you, that means a lot.

Believe me, I do not dismiss or trivialize DV claims. If you will remember, I took a very staunch, unpopular stand during the debate about Frank Clark last year around this time because there was what I considered to be an overwhelming mound of physical and eyewitness evidence against him. In that case, I thought it was our beloved Seahawks that were the ones that were guilty of ignoring or trivializing DV claims.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:46 am

I honestly don't remember who said what back then. I know I was typing in all caps for awhile as I was so bummed about the pick. I hope the team continues to work w/ players on this issue. Not just staying out of police reports, but shifting their thinking. It's creepy to think When RW wrote that article re: DV, sounds like TJack was making it a habit.

We are all products of our upbringing & old ways of thinking and being die hard. Plus, these guys are mostly gigantic trained warriors. I hope positive shifts come from public, NFL and team reactions (as in they are both unemployed) to Rice and Hardy's actions. Add TJack to the heap.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:21 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:I honestly don't remember who said what back then. I know I was typing in all caps for awhile as I was so bummed about the pick. I hope the team continues to work w/ players on this issue. Not just staying out of police reports, but shifting their thinking. It's creepy to think When RW wrote that article re: DV, sounds like TJack was making it a habit.

We are all products of our upbringing & old ways of thinking and being die hard. Plus, these guys are mostly gigantic trained warriors. I hope positive shifts come from public, NFL and team reactions (as in they are both unemployed) to Rice and Hardy's actions. Add TJack to the heap.

I remember my sentiments about the situation. The pick didn't bother me as much as the way they justified it did. They didn't talk to the arresting officer, the DA, or any of the witnesses, then tried to tell us how exhaustive their investigation was. One person told them what they wanted to hear and that was good enough for them.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:48 pm

It looks like TJack is now claiming that he's broke, has requested a public defender.

Apparently, the 33 year-old quarterback has burned through the $12.139 million he has been paid by the NFL since his career began in 2006.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/tar ... ar-AAhRVvN

Wow. $12M in 10 years.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:22 am

Sad story made sadder still. This is the story that every rookie should see. I wonder how players are doing w/ their money now since the league and teams have been coaching them about investing, saving etc.... A large percent are broke after they retire. At least they were.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:57 am

Hawk Sista wrote:Sad story made sadder still. This is the story that every rookie should see. I wonder how players are doing w/ their money now since the league and teams have been coaching them about investing, saving etc.... A large percent are broke after they retire. At least they were.

Yea, and it's caused me to re-think my objectivity. Anyone that is stupid enough or that lacking in personal discipline to blow through $12M in 10 years is stupid enough and undisciplined enough to pull a gun on a woman.

But he's still driving around in a $100K car, so until he starts driving around in a $5,000 used car, he'd better not be given a public defender.

As far as the meat of your statement, it's not a problem limited to professional athletes. This younger generation, "Millennial's", have a problem when it comes to their financial savvy. I had working for m a very smart, college graduate in his 20's, married with no kids so they had lots of income, that when I asked how much he was contributing to his 401K told me 2%. We have a 2-1 company match up to 4%, so he was only getting a 1% company match and forgoing 3%. Those two should have been packing away a whole stash of money into their retirement. My daughter, also very educated and who will turn 30 later this week, isn't much smarter about financial stuff.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:30 am

Better get them to read about the ant and the grasshopper, River. My Pawpaw would say a few things related to finance:

"Make hay while the sun is shining."
"If you ain't making money, you're spending money."
"Don't bet on the come."
"It doesn't take any smarts to spend money."

I have no doubt he's not the only one who's ever said such things, but they are certainly true.

That is definitely a real shame about Tarvaris Jackson. Poor financial decisions on top of domestic violence issues; what a way to ruin the fruits of a career that should have set him for life. HawkSis mentioned upbringing playing a part in this behavior (and everybody's, for that matter), and I won't disagree, but individual personalities have to play some part in this. I have a father is much more inclined to save and mother who is inclined to spend; they split when I was 4. I'm one of four siblings that actually saves money and doesn't get my hind parts caught in a crack financially. My dad once claimed that my siblings learned it from my mother, but I reminded him that I lived in that same household under the same influence for just as long as they did, so why is it that I don't subscribe to that way of doing things? Tjack is aware of what constitutes DV and poor finances, but the one-two punch of his upbringing and personality are working against him.

And, no, he's not the victim in this case; far from it. I'm just not sure what it would take for him to overcome such a mindset.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:21 pm

I have found in life that a lot of people are not saving as much as they could for retirement because........................ they are counting on inheriting a good amount of money when their parents pass away. So why should they struggle and save when they see a big windfall in the future? These assholes love to lecture others and to quote "you only live once" & "money isn't everything" as they spend every dime they have and then more. But they will never admit to others and themselves that their superior approach to living life is only possible because mommy & daddy are going to leave them a big chunk of change one day.

I have spoken with many older people who are watching every dime so that they can leave behind as much as they can to their off-spring. I think these people are sick. Many times on inquiry I have found they are doing this because they feel their kids are not that responsible. So why should these kids act responsibly if mom and dad will sacrifice a better lifestyle to enable their kids UN-sustainble reckless consumer lifestyle? I find these parents are dumb enablers of the worst kind.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:50 pm

savvyman wrote:I have found in life that a lot of people are not saving as much as they could for retirement because........................ they are counting on inheriting a good amount of money when their parents pass away. So why should they struggle and save when they see a big windfall in the future? These assholes love to lecture others and to quote "you only live once" & "money isn't everything" as they spend every dime they have and then more. But they will never admit to others and themselves that their superior approach to living life is only possible because mommy & daddy are going to leave them a big chunk of change one day.

I have spoken with many older people who are watching every dime so that they can leave behind as much as they can to their off-spring. I think these people are sick. Many times on inquiry I have found they are doing this because they feel their kids are not that responsible. So why should these kids act responsibly if mom and dad will sacrifice a better lifestyle to enable their kids UN-sustainble reckless consumer lifestyle? I find these parents are dumb enablers of the worst kind.

I've seen those types, too, offspring that are in line to inherit the family business. They're usually the first ones to treat their employees like crap.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby hoxgmp » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:22 pm

monkey wrote:I remember like it was yesterday, the back to back years of drafting QB's #1. Dan McQuire, (Mark's little brother) who was the only human being alive to have the distinction of being the all time tallest NFL QB, while leading the NFL in passes batted down at the LOS because the moron couldn't throw over his offensive line. Jeff Kemp, Kelly Stoufer, Stan Gelbaugh, Rick Mirer, John Friez (not the worst, but still...), Brock Huard, Glen Foley. The list goes on and on of absolute crap QB's we've trotted out there over the years.

Stan Gelbaugh was the reason we got Mirer not Bledsoe. We are in a much better place now in all three phases. Even Bevell might sense a little freedom in playcalling. Schneider may have pulled it off again with some of the talent he acquired in this year's draft. Cable has more talent to work with and so does Kris Richard. The depth has improved significantly. Training camp should provide competition at multiple positions. Glad to see Baldwin get rewarded. Hopefully, there are no holdouts.
hoxgmp
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum