Could this years Seahawks passing game, be fantasy legends?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Could this years Seahawks passing game, be fantasy legends?

Postby monkey » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:10 pm

Since I don't give a crap about Manziel's father thinking he should go to jail, or whether or not there will be an investigation into the players named by an Al Jazeera report, or Tarvaris being a moron, or who is going to replace Tarvaris as the designated coin flip representative...and I would imagine there are others like me who just don't give a crap; I thought I would throw out a link to something that does interest me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwlgvKrDogk

I have to say, I agree with nearly everything he said. The only things I didn't agree with are, Wilson is not the best running QB for touchdowns, that would be Cam Newton. I also don't agree that Kearse will be draftable...well, at least not with anything more than a last round pick.
Baldwin could end up being over-drafted, if his numbers come back down a bit. That could happen. I expect it will a little actually, because Graham will eat into some of his touches, and even more, I think Lockett will. I am convinced that Lockett is soon to be this teams best WR, and that he will push Doug for that unofficial title this year.
Also, his whole prediction (which again I agree with) could fall apart completely, if the Seahawks don't increase the number of throws by 3%. It all hinges on that.
For the record, I think they will, but, if it doesn't happen then it won't pan out.
Still, I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it, Russell Wilson is going to win the MVP this year. I'd bet the farm on it!
I'd also bet the farm that he ends up fantasy football's #1 QB this year.
monkey
Legacy

Re: Could this years Seahawks passing game, be fantasy legen

Postby Hawk Sista » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:13 am

I think RW's efficiency stays where it is if not better, though I think we drafted 3 RBs for a reason. I don't think it's wise to bank on a 3% increase over last year. If Rawls can stay healthy or if any in the stable are effective, we could see that passing # decrease, though I agree RW will have an MVP like season again.

A. I think the o-line will take some time to congeal, but I also think Russ was getting the ball out more quickly last year and I expect that to continue if not improve. It was almost mid season before the Hawks started ripping off wins. They'll start slowly again in 2016; just not as slowly.

B. The advancement of T-Lock and return of Graham will result in fewer TDs to Baldwin (whose TD & proficiency #s led all wideouts last year) though I think he will have a very good year. As for drafting Baldwin early, I might not. In addition to the possibility of reductions in touches to Jimmy and Lockett, P-rich deep and Procise out of the backfield may take some plays away too.

C. Someone (coworker...not a hawk fan) said our offense is limited. He likes our D, but thinks losing Beast Mode will really hurt us. Honestly, I'm not feeling that sentiment at all, as much as I will miss Marshawn....I'd draft RW early and feel damned happy about it.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum