TJack won't be prosecuted

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

TJack won't be prosecuted

Postby RiverDog » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:33 am

Back to a football topic...

I doubt that it changes anything regarding his status with us, but it would appear that TJack won't have to worry about going to court over his highly publicized domestic dispute.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/162166/re ... d-assault/
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: TJack won't be prosecuted

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:53 am

They know more about it than I do ...
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:35 am

I know almost nothing about the story, either, but it seems to me if his story to JS/PC is "Nothing really happened it got all blown out of proportion blah blah", that that, with the decision not to prosecute, should be enough to put him back in consideration for us.

Unless Boykin is a preseason phenom, I think I'd feel more comfortable knowing TJack was backing up RW than anyone else, right?
burrrton
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:32 am

Even if the Seahawks feel comfortable with the situation, unless the NFL does, Jackson still has a ways to go. The NFL isn't shackled by the refusal to prosecute a player, and has suspended players without any prosecution outside of the league.

Jackson certainly shot himself in the foot here. He already wasn't a desired commodity, and this whether punished by the law or even the NFL, this makes him less of one than he already was.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:45 am

I'd be surprised if we brought him back. It really doesn't matter that much who we have as the backup quarterback. If Russell goes down, we're screwed anyway.

We'll see what happens with Boykin in the preseason. And oh, by the way, I'm going to the Hawks/Chiefs preseason game back in KC a week from this Saturday, so I'll get a first hand look at our new backup QB.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:43 pm

I wonder if the Seahawks can find out from NFL HQ, in advance of signing him, whether or not the NFL will be investigating and what the potential would be to lose him for (4)? games. As a long time vet, I'm sure we're stuck paying him, once we sign him.

The Gun, the public comments from his GF/Wife (can't remember which) and the accusations of other abuse. Seems a lot of potential to fine/suspend, but he WAS a FA at the time. Not really an "NFL" employee. Can they do anything?
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:08 pm

jshawaii22 wrote:I wonder if the Seahawks can find out from NFL HQ, in advance of signing him, whether or not the NFL will be investigating and what the potential would be to lose him for (4)? games. As a long time vet, I'm sure we're stuck paying him, once we sign him.

The Gun, the public comments from his GF/Wife (can't remember which) and the accusations of other abuse. Seems a lot of potential to fine/suspend, but he WAS a FA at the time. Not really an "NFL" employee. Can they do anything?

Not that it would make a difference in my advocating whether or not we resign him, but his plea for a public defender because he was broke after he'd earned several millions in under 10 years lessened my respect for him.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:45 am

We'll see how this shakes out, league wise.
If he satisfies inquiries that he didn't do anything wrong, then I'd have no problem bringing him back.

He knows the system, has been in the league for years now, and is a better option than the rookie Boykin, IMO.
Zorn76
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum