Mr. Rawls OFF of PUP

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Mr. Rawls OFF of PUP

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:19 pm

Go Hawks!!
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Re: Mr. Rawls OFF of PUP

Postby burrrton » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:46 pm

Good news. As expected. Now just have to watch to see how he handles practicing on it (not that he's had his legs propped up on an ottoman for the last 6 mos, but still).
burrrton
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:23 pm

On Schedule!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:38 pm

I could not be more excited. Getting Graham back will be great but getting Rawls back was absolutely vital to getting to where this team wants to go. We can win without some guys, but Rawls is not one of them.
monkey
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:51 pm

monkey wrote:I could not be more excited. Getting Graham back will be great but getting Rawls back was absolutely vital to getting to where this team wants to go. We can win without some guys, but Rawls is not one of them.

Agreed.

A Healthy Rawls is a game changer, obviously, and will go a long way towards opposing D's not being able to pin their ears back and come after RW behind a new OL. I like how things are coming together up front, but we need a solid run game no matter what the status is there.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:50 pm

They want to ease him into it according to Pete.
We don't want a setback in pre season.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:55 pm

monkey wrote:I could not be more excited. Getting Graham back will be great but getting Rawls back was absolutely vital to getting to where this team wants to go. We can win without some guys, but Rawls is not one of them.

I can think of a lot more things to get excited about than Rawls coming off the PUP. I'll withhold my excitement until next month.

But I sorta agree with your 2nd and 3rd sentence. If given the choice as to which player I want in the lineup, Rawls or Graham, I'd take Rawls against every conceivable opponent.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:45 am

Good news!
http://www.espn.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/123268/seahawks-rb-thomas-rawls-full-go-and-could-see-preseason-action
In the argument between whether or not it's important for players to get pre season snaps, I am one of those people that falls squarely in the middle. I do think it is somewhat important, because it's extremely helpful to get a player used to game speed and game hitting again, though I don't think it's absolutely vital, because a player can be just fine without any pre season action.
Still, I personally want to see him play, if for no other reason, than to reconfirm what my eyes told me last year.

The way the line is run blocking right now, I expect Rawls to be a top five rusher this year.
Man this is gonna be sweet!
monkey
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:48 am

My new Pastor has his last name Rawls
Hows that for Providence ?

Thanks Sista for this thread.

How about a thread on our run stopping LB and there ability.....................

How about rawls ability to catch the ball out of the backfield RW is going to have Tyler Lockett and TE Jimmy Grame. We are going to have so much fun this year So glad he is off PUP. Thanks Sista.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:14 pm

If Rawls is Rawls and CMike keeps doing his thing is going to be tough on opponents. I see play action opportunities. I wonder how much they will use the read offense this year.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:26 pm

You betcha - Political... nice to see you in here from time to time. I hope you are well.

HawkTalk - I totally agree. If this C-Mike thing is not a mirage and Rawls is as good as he was last year (as beastly as Cable said he was on the air yesterday), we've got a really good one two punch. I have not seen enough of Prosise to know much about him at the NFL level, but rumblings are that he is pretty special. I like that he has played defensive back, WR, and RB and suspect his athleticism and speed to come in handy out of the backfield.

I suspect we will keep 5 RB/FBs in Rawls, C-Mike, Prosise, Collins (although he had a weird off-season) and Tukuafu. Anyone see it differently?
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:54 pm

I don't see the RB/FB situation differently, Hawk Sista. Sheil Kapadia wrote an article about how the Seahawks used the empty set in the 2nd half of last season. They seem to be pretty excited about throwing C.J. Prosise into that formation. Collins didn't exactly wow, but he's got a good resume coming out of college, and I figure he doesn't make it through waivers. I like his potential and sticking on the final roster means he'll have a year to develop in the Seahawks system. Zac Brooks is out with today's cuts, so I don't know who you'd keep over him. Farmer and Pope don't seem to fit the mold they are looking for.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:52 pm

Prosise has good hands (being a former WR, he should) and might take the role Fred Jackson played last year.
I wonder about his pass blocking, though.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:27 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:You betcha - Political... nice to see you in here from time to time. I hope you are well.

HawkTalk - I totally agree. If this C-Mike thing is not a mirage and Rawls is as good as he was last year (as beastly as Cable said he was on the air yesterday), we've got a really good one two punch. I have not seen enough of Prosise to know much about him at the NFL level, but rumblings are that he is pretty special. I like that he has played defensive back, WR, and RB and suspect his athleticism and speed to come in handy out of the backfield.

I suspect we will keep 5 RB/FBs in Rawls, C-Mike, Prosise, Collins (although he had a weird off-season) and Tukuafu. Anyone see it differently?

Yes I am well and I thank you for such a nice thread as this one is. I know Rawls is going to be great this year and I can't wait to see him play.

Off the topic Sista what type of music do you like to listen to. I like Rock and Classical
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:42 pm

that is just what I like. Classic Rock. I listen to a lot of stuff from the 60's, 70's and 80's but open to new stuff too.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:34 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:that is just what I like. Classic Rock. I listen to a lot of stuff from the 60's, 70's and 80's but open to new stuff too.

Me, too, although I like a lot of stuff, like modern country, lite jazz, depends on my mood. But the 70's-80's rock seems to be my favorite.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum