You Should Worry

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

You Should Worry

Postby Rambo2014 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:39 am

I saw parts of the Sea games played and the O Line is a real weak link IMO. But I have to compare it to the Rams O-Line which is top notch! Sea line is journeymen and rookies and I am afraid for RW when we play in the hot Colosseum for the 2nd game. It will be 110 on the field and probably smoky and RW should have n time to work. The O-Line will poop out in Q-1 and then the rout will be on. Sorry but that is just the way it goes! watch for Miami also they may surprise you at home. I will now more when I see you play the Boys next week. They will be a handful.
Rambo2014
Legacy

Re: You Should Worry

Postby Rambo2014 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:30 pm

LOL Good luck with them Boys next week! They are doing a number tonite
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:50 pm

LMFAO... When your team does something, anything really, of note in the last decade, get back to us. Until then, you're the 8o pound weakling talking tough.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:02 am

Jeff Fisher has six winning seasons in 21 years, and the Rams are trying to give him a long term extension.
Who should be worried? :lol:
monkey
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:09 am

Past records mean nothing. LA is Fisher country and a whole new game.
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:20 pm

Rambo2014 wrote:LA is Fisher country and a whole new game.

You need a whole new *team*, bruh, not just a new game.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:02 pm

Niners looking good playing the champs tonite. They may make a move this season also.
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:43 pm

Empathy

To

Stupidity

http://sea.247sports.com/Bolt/Los-Angel ... d-46892272

Rams fans keeping it classy..
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby monkey » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:15 am

Rambo2014 wrote:Past records mean nothing. LA is Fisher country and a whole new game.

So moving to LA means that suddenly Fisher will be a good coach? Is it the water there, the atmosphere, what?
Past records are the best and only real indication of future performance.
A whole new game? You, think they're moving to LA to play soccer? Because I promise you that they still stink at football!
Last edited by monkey on Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
monkey
Legacy

Postby monkey » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:16 am

Rambo2014 wrote:Niners looking good playing the champs tonite. They may make a move this season also.

From the cellar?
monkey
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:24 am

monkey wrote:So moving to LA means that suddenly Fisher will be a good coach? Is it the water there, the atmosphere, what?
Past records are the best and only real indication of future performance.
A whole new game? You, think they're moving to LA to play soccer? Because I promise you that they still stink at football!

I think Fisher is a good coach, he has never been the Rams problem imo. It's been a perennial lack of talent combined with a culture of mediocrity and a fan base that didn't care all that much about the team.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:48 am

I think Fisher is a good coach, he has never been the Rams problem imo. It's been a perennial lack of talent combined with a culture of mediocrity

How do you square the first part with the second part?
burrrton
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:05 am

I'm not sure what the problem is with the Rams. Fisher is a talented coach but can't but it all together. Something has to be wrong when you draft in the top half of each round every year for the last few years and scored the RGIII trade and still can't develop that talent into a team with a winning record.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:01 pm

Jeff Fisher is a good coach. We say that a lot. Is he?? I have always thought so, but has be been good in his tenure with the Rams? All of the access in the world to the best talent available, yet they continue to be a 5 & 11 to 9 & 7 team. Outside of having one of the best D-lines (which is important, for sure).... WTF have they gotten in the last decade but mediocrity? Yeah, Rambo...your Rams have beaten our Hawks from time to time during this run of being kings of the middle of the pack, but never when it mattered for 10 or 12 years.

I read an article somewhere this week where Bennett was comparing Fisher to Carroll. It was a good read and worth a google...sorry - I'm too busy to do it for ya.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:49 pm

Fisher is a coach. He doesn't make the draft selections, he doesn't sign the FAs, and he doesn't play any of the major 22 starting positions. He has made the most of what the GM has given him, in a very tough division.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:27 am

I highly doubt Fisher is absent from the draft/FA process, but, even if he was, he's had a lot of talent come in and hasn't made them into a winning team.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:51 am

EmeraldBullet wrote:Fisher is a coach. He doesn't make the draft selections, he doesn't sign the FAs, and he doesn't play any of the major 22 starting positions. He has made the most of what the GM has given him, in a very tough division.

In a very tough division? Fisher's held his own within our division. Last year, for example, he was 4-2, sweeping us including a victory in our house when we were at our peak, splitting with the Cards and nearly sweeping the Niners, losing their last game of the season in OT. Indeed, in his 4 years as the Ram's head coach, he's 11-12-1 in the NFC West, or .478, which is a better winning percentage than his overall record of 27-36-1, which works out to .429. Plus you have to consider the fact that he's always had an easy schedule outside the division as the Rams have finished either 3rd or last in the division every year since 2011, the year before Fisher took over.

So much for his handicap of having to play in a tough division.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:29 am

He doesn't make the draft selections, he doesn't sign the FAs, and he doesn't play any of the major 22 starting positions. He has made the most of what the GM has given him, in a very tough division.

I don't know this for sure, maybe Fisher is unique in the NFL, but I suspect he has a *lot* of input on the talent they bring in, and there is no person more highly responsible for the "culture" surrounding a team than a head coach with tenure.

I've always considered him a decent coach, too, but I think it's pretty tough to level those criticisms on the team (which I largely agree with) without placing a large part of the blame at his feet.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:29 pm

His issue with the RAMS and his record or lack of it... two words: Sam Bradford . Note that calling him out as a coach. Be careful. His record against the Seahawks is pretty damn good.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:09 am

That's definitely part of the conundrum with Fisher, and River already pointed this out. He's got a very respectable division record and has been the bane of the Seahawks, yet he can't muster up that same magic when it comes to a 3rd or 4th place out-of-division schedule. It isn't wise to underestimate him, but there's something missing.

Perhaps a good question is: What would his track record be if he had been in Carroll's place over the last 5 years? This assumes Schneider is here and the roster developed the same way.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:46 am

Sam Bradford's health has definetly played a major role in Fisher's record. It's pretty hard to have sustained success in the NFL when your quarterback position is a revolving door.

As far as his seemingly contradictory division record vs. his overall record, it's difficult to say. I suppose the best explanation would be that he is better at game planning against an opponent he sees twice a season than are his adversaries. As far as our own team's lack of success, IMO we just don't match up well against his teams, especially in the trenches. Even the games that we've won have been a struggle.

How would Fisher do with the Hawks? I would think that he'd do pretty well simply because his QB position would be stable. But who knows.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:27 pm

jshawaii22 wrote:His issue with the RAMS and his record or lack of it... two words: Sam Bradford . Note that calling him out as a coach. Be careful. His record against the Seahawks is pretty damn good.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... lly-wonka/
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:51 pm

And here I thought the HC and GM work together to decide who the starting QB is, and for how long.... Must have missed the memo on when they can change QBs, or that they can't evaluate them and their injury issues..
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:56 pm

RiverDog wrote:Sam Bradford's health has definetly played a major role in Fisher's record. It's pretty hard to have sustained success in the NFL when your quarterback position is a revolving door.

As far as his seemingly contradictory division record vs. his overall record, it's difficult to say. I suppose the best explanation would be that he is better at game planning against an opponent he sees twice a season than are his adversaries. As far as our own team's lack of success, IMO we just don't match up well against his teams, especially in the trenches. Even the games that we've won have been a struggle.

How would Fisher do with the Hawks? I would think that he'd do pretty well simply because his QB position would be stable. But who knows.

Then you trade for, draft another, or sign a QB to replace him. It isn't rocket science ( hell Seattle did two of the three to replace Jackson). Coaches and GMs job to upgrade positions that aren't cutting it. That IMHO is another knock, not a valid excuse for repeated failures.

Truth be told, I don't believe Fischer has EVER developed a QB in his coaching career. It's just not his forte. His bag is trick plays and defense, beyond that it's keep drafting, and hope he gets lucky with a player that he doesn't need to groom ( McNair and Young)...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:58 pm

EmeraldBullet wrote:Fisher is a coach. He doesn't make the draft selections, he doesn't sign the FAs, and he doesn't play any of the major 22 starting positions. He has made the most of what the GM has given him, in a very tough division.

Do you honestly believe Fischer has had zero say in draft choices or FA signings? Really?
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:12 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Then you trade for, draft another, or sign a QB to replace him. It isn't rocket science ( hell Seattle did two of the three to replace Jackson). Coaches and GMs job to upgrade positions that aren't cutting it. That IMHO is another knock, not a valid excuse for repeated failures.

Truth be told, I don't believe Fischer has EVER developed a QB in his coaching career. It's just not his forte. His bag is trick plays and defense, beyond that it's keep drafting, and hope he gets lucky with a player that he doesn't need to groom ( McNair and Young)...

Easier said than done. He did trade for Foles, although that one didn't have a real good chance of working out.

I'm not making excuses for Fisher. To the contrary, he's had an extraordinary opportunity considering other dead-from-the-neck-up franchises like Cleveland, Oakland, or Jacksonville. My point was that his failure, for one reason or another, to identify/acquire/develop a bona fide starting, durable quarterback has been the root cause of his woes.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:17 am

That's a great link. Coach Pete the "Pied Piper" of calm.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... lly-wonka/[/quote]
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:06 pm

HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:37 pm

I'm not making excuses for Fisher. To the contrary, he's had an extraordinary opportunity considering other dead-from-the-neck-up franchises like Cleveland, Oakland, or Jacksonville. My point was that his failure, for one reason or another, to identify/acquire/develop a bona fide starting, durable quarterback has been the root cause of his woes.

I agree River, ALL great coaches has some luck with QB's, the exception to the rule was Shula and Marino. That's why I have always said that Shula is the greatest coach of all time due to wins, titles, and qB's. Starr was there when Lombardi came.. Bellacheat got lucky, PC got lucky. Most get lucky.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:40 am

NIce draft pick Rambutt. You are correct. You should worry :shock: :shock: :shock:
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:49 am

Hawktawk wrote:NIce draft pick Rambutt. You are correct. You should worry :shock: :shock: :shock:

I don't think that Goff was a good pick. A much better calculated risk was Prescott. Look at the numbers he put up at Miss St against some really great defenses.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:01 pm

I'll be fascinated to see what Wendz does in Philly. Him leaping over a very serviceable and high priced Chase Daniel tells me one of two things. Either this kid is the real deal or Pederson is drinking the kool aid.

Either way Goff inactive is basically admitting you traded up for a guy who is absolutely unready for NFL action.

Currently it is a disaster for the St Lois Rams. Oh well they haven't had stability at the position since Bulger started breaking down. That's a long time ago.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:32 pm

Wow. Hadn't thought about Marc Bulger in a long time, but that dude gave the Seahawks fits. That comeback win where Terreal Bierra got beat like he stole something repeatedly back in 2003 or 2004 comes to mind. You are absolutely right; that was the last time they had year-to-year stability at the QB spot.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:40 pm

What Me Worry???? LOL

Its not the players on week 2 its the heat that will wilt the hawks..Rams win

U fellas better pick up Kline who was just dumped by the Pats
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:58 pm

Yep, because nothing says HF advantage like a DOME team at home in excessive heat....

LMFAO....
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:55 pm

Er, it's going to be something like 80 degrees, Rambo, or in other words, roughly what it was a week or two ago (and likely will be close to next week) in Seattle.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:54 pm

MackStrongIsMyHero wrote:Wow. Hadn't thought about Marc Bulger in a long time, but that dude gave the Seahawks fits. That comeback win where Terreal Bierra got beat like he stole something repeatedly back in 2003 or 2004 comes to mind. You are absolutely right; that was the last time they had year-to-year stability at the QB spot.

The Rams shocking comeback at the Clink in 2004 deep sixed what might well have been a Super bowl run a year early for Seattle.
Seattle came in 3-0 having shut out Dennis Ericson's 9ers for the first time since 1977 the week before and led by 17 points with 6 minutes to play.
A couple of 3rd down Koren Robinson drops(when the clock was our friend) and SA tripping over the 40 yard line on 3rd and short gave Bulger the opening.
The Rams tied the game with a FG in the final seconds of regulation and Bulger beat Bierra with a deep throw on a 9 route for an eviscerating gutting of a collapse.
I was on the PI forum for that week 4 debacle. I will never forget it.

The teams fragile psyche was shot The 3-0 hawks staggered home at 9-7 to eke out the division only to be beaten for the 3rd consecutive time in the season by the 8-8 Rams at C link as Hass's 4th down rocket ball slipped through Engrams hands in the end zone at the buzzer.

There were a couple of similar games last year unfortunately.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:43 am

SF 28 Rams 0 .......

LMFAO...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:09 am

HumanCockroach wrote:SF 28 Rams 0 .......

LMFAO...

That was embarrassing. I have no idea how Fisher keeps a job. Perhaps beating the Seahawks is enough for Rams ownership.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:05 am

Jeff Fisher is the best, Man! :-/
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum