HAWKS Vs. COWBOYS Pre-Season Game#3

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

HAWKS Vs. COWBOYS Pre-Season Game#3

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:26 pm

Well. first series and Romo has hurt his back, again. Stick a fork in him JJ, he is done!

Our thought our defense was going to give up yet another EZ 1st. down. we didn't 'cause their receiver dropped and one handed catch.

Wilson is starting out slow, yet again. If RW plays another whole 1st half and plays badly should PC start thing about preparing TB at maybe starting the season opener???

CP looked good, though it was 3rd. and 20...
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Re: HAWKS Vs. COWBOYS Pre-Season Game#3

Postby SalmonBB » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:32 pm

anyone want free tix to game? I know its late, but I'll send 'em on e-mail if someone close to the stadium wants em.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
SalmonBB
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:41 pm

IMPOTENT.....
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:48 pm

So, yet another first quarter and no score, no TD. We know SH can kick a FG, what we need to know is can RW direct a TD scoring drive this season???

Just as T-Jack lost his job to Russell Wilson, we could be watching RW lose his starting job to TB. Don't laugh, PC will bench Wilson if he refuses to pull his head out from between his cheeks. I used to think it was silly when people blamed Ciara for RW playing erratic, but now I am not so sure they were not right.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:49 pm

Pretty pathetic call on Kam, a maybe Offensive PI and that's it. Offenses second series looked solid, though Bevells love with the bubble screen reared its hideous head again. :evil:
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:52 pm

Undisciplined....
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:52 pm

Getting sick of these chickensh#t " you're playing football" penalties....

Last week the phantom facemask, this week the bunk unnecessary roughness Kam call...

Stupid.
Last edited by HumanCockroach on Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:53 pm

Limp....
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:54 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:So, yet another first quarter and no score, no TD. We know SH can kick a FG, what we need to know is can RW direct a TD scoring drive this season???

Just as T-Jack lost his job to Russell Wilson, we could be watching RW lose his starting job to TB. Don't laugh, PC will bench Wilson if he refuses to pull his head out from between his cheeks. I used to think it was silly when people blamed Ciara for RW playing erratic, but now I am not so sure they were not right.

Sorry, but ROTFLMFAO
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:02 pm

LOL.... Bench RW for Boykin? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:06 pm

Pheeeeeewwwww Wilson "saved" his job... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:06 pm

Bench Russell? I got stoned once and climbed a cell tower in a wind storm. Benching Russell would be dumber than that.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:14 pm

well, maybe not benching Russell, but this kid Prescott just maybe taking one Romo's QB job in the near future. This kid is good, composed, solid in the pocket and they whooped our first string D.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:30 pm

ALL RIGHT!!! Now THAT is what I am talking about! I especially am glad that it was Paul Richardson who made the TD catch. I am really really glad that Wilson looked as sharp as did in directing that TD drive!

I always want to see Wilson do good, but a couple of minutes left in the 2nd. qtr of the 3rd. pre-season game is a long long wait for our starting QB to finally direct a TD drive?? Yeah, if RW can't get the job done and we got a young QB who is a whole lot more hungry, give the hungry player a chance. You remember when it was Russell who was the hungry player?? Now, his belly is full, he has loosed his belt and put his feet up and zzzzzzz.

Now, me, I think Pete needs to put Wilson back out there until he can string a few scoring drives together.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:32 pm

I had Dak in my mock draft for us. I realize he's playing in the preseason in an ideal situation, but I'd kinda like to have him as our backup.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:51 pm

Last week Pete calls out Russell for that exact type of play... last week he took 4 sacks... this week he looks like a whirling dervish for about 10 seconds then BAM, TD to Lockett. We love ya Russell. O is finally playing some football.
js
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:13 pm

The "O" is hardly "ballin out". They are playing like an 8 cyl. engine running on only 7.

The defense is another matter. All pre-season we have heard how this is pour best defense since we won the Super Bowl. That MUST be a joke because I see opposing offenses betting first downs just about any time they needed one playing against our starters. 3rd & 2? third and 8? it don't matter, our defenders allow opposing receivers the yards they need to get the 1st. down.

Where is our pass rush?? After Clark it seems we got nobody.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:21 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:The "O" is hardly "ballin out". They are playing like an 8 cyl. engine running on only 7.

The defense is another matter. All pre-season we have heard how this is pour best defense since we won the Super Bowl. That MUST be a joke because I see opposing offenses betting first downs just about any time they needed one playing against our starters. 3rd & 2? third and 8? it don't matter, our defenders allow opposing receivers the yards they need to get the 1st. down.

Where is our pass rush?? After Clark it seems we got nobody.

That's a true observation for the first quarter, which I agree most resembles a 'real' game. But both teams have been playing starters for most of the first 2 1/2 qtrs and we're ahead 27-10... so from giving up a TD to Dallas on the first drive, we've outplayed and outscored them 27-3. Call it what you want, but that's OK for game 3 of the preseason.

As for our 'pass rush' it was Avril that put Romo out in the backfield on the third play. That was a sack. We've had a couple more. Dak resembles Russell, too, and can move around.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:46 pm

Boykin is farther ahead at this stage of his young career than Wilson was when he was a rookie. If Boykin was battling T-Jack or a Flynn he would beat them out just like RW did 5 years ago. the thing is, Wilson has hit a plateau of sorts where Boykin just might more of an "up side" over Wilson. Wilson IS the starter, but Pete showed "grit" when he went with Wilson 5 years ago maybe he might have to show grit again either later this year or next. It will be interesting when Wilson's contract is up again.

Then, you have Pete's contract being up before John Schneider's and you never know if PC wants to coach a team in California and maybe he finds a way to get himself a starting QB in either Boykin or Wilson as he makes his move. You never know. I don't know about you but I was shocked when Pete's contract was a few years shorter than John's.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:14 pm

Wow. That's a little premature, don't you think?

Edit:
Regarding this year, the OL is surprising me at how much better they are at this point than last year.
I fully expect them to have some problems during the season, but they have a chance to be pretty good in time.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:27 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:Boykin is farther ahead at this stage of his young career than Wilson was when he was a rookie. If Boykin was battling T-Jack or a Flynn he would beat them out just like RW did 5 years ago. the thing is, Wilson has hit a plateau of sorts where Boykin just might more of an "up side" over Wilson. Wilson IS the starter, but Pete showed "grit" when he went with Wilson 5 years ago maybe he might have to show grit again either later this year or next. It will be interesting when Wilson's contract is up again.

Then, you have Pete's contract being up before John Schneider's and you never know if PC wants to coach a team in California and maybe he finds a way to get himself a starting QB in either Boykin or Wilson as he makes his move. You never know. I don't know about you but I was shocked when Pete's contract was a few years shorter than John's.

Is this a serious post? I don't know where to start. RW 'plateaued,' come on. He was the best QB in the NFL over the past 7 games of the season and you want to replace him because he somehow has leveled out. RW was way ahead of where boykin is right now. Pete is the OLDEST coach in the league, he is like 30 years older than Schnieder. Not surprised at all his contract runs out before John. Come on!?!??
mykc14
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:39 pm

I would take any QB that leads the league in passing rating even if he has plateaued.
As a matter of fact, it would be a great thing to plateau at that level of play, but I think he might be able to get even better.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:54 pm

*sigh*

It must be hard to grasp the whole "lead the league in passer rating" maybe the five whole drives we had to wait before seeing that first TD drive in the pre season isn't enough to replace a four time pro bowl, super bowl winning, record smashing QB ..

Just sayin'...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:51 am

I can't believe this is an actual discussion/idea/thought.... but since its been brought up in several posts , I'll chime in w/ some obvious commentary. Boykin is a solid, but very young and mistake prone kid. He is nowhere near RW now or then! NOWHERE!! As a matter of fact, there's still talk about the Hawks going with a vet still (albeit mostly from outside media) because he's an erratic, an un drafted rookie w/ ZERO starts. Not exactly a recipe for success were RW to go down.

I like his upside. He seems like a baller. Let's all remember, however, back to the pre-season wonders who never worked out. There's a reason the name Mr. August is used.

This was a preseason games where we played like a team in the preseason. Great job, fellars!
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:59 am

Seahawks4Ever wrote:we could be watching RW lose his starting job to TB. Don't laugh

Too late...
burrrton
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:07 am

That MUST be a joke because I see opposing offenses betting first downs just about any time they needed one playing against our starters. 3rd & 2? third and 8? it don't matter, our defenders allow opposing receivers the yards they need to get the 1st. down.

Our defense's strategy the last 4-5 years is to stop the run, rush the QB, and not give up *anything* over the top, but give teams the 'dink and dunk' stuff and checkdowns, then punish the receiver with extreme prejudice.

Their theory is that it works early, but over the course of the game, those checkdowns get harder and harder.

We've all seen the results. You want to tell them you know a better way?
burrrton
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:11 am

But both teams have been playing starters for most of the first 2 1/2 qtrs and we're ahead 27-10... so from giving up a TD to Dallas on the first drive, we've outplayed and outscored them 27-3.

And let's be clear: if that play happens 99 more times, that TD pass is going to be picked off or broken up 99 of them. KJ is a great defender, was in perfect position, but just allowed Witten, no slouch, to jump over the top of him.

A great play by Witten, but not an indication of a breakdown in our D. They played very well against what is supposed to be a pretty good offense, backup QB or not.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:42 am

burrrton wrote:
And let's be clear: if that play happens 99 more times, that TD pass is going to be picked off or broken up 99 of them. KJ is a great defender, was in perfect position, but just allowed Witten, no slouch, to jump over the top of him.

A great play by Witten, but not an indication of a breakdown in our D. They played very well against what is supposed to be a pretty good offense, backup QB or not.

I agree, but maybe not 99% of the time. Witten is a HOF player and he caught KJ making just a slight mistake and took the ball away. I agree that was outstanding coverage on KJs part, he just needed to catch the ball in front of his body instead of waiting for it to come in. Its the same reason receivers are taught to high point the ball. If you wait, someone might be just a bit craftier than you think.

I was disappointed for him, but at the same times glad to see him covering a tough receiver so well.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:55 am

I agree, but maybe not 99% of the time.

Fair. I was exaggerating a little for effect. :)
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:46 am

That was a lot better.
My observations of the game early on were that Ezekiel Elliot is going to be a load if he stays healthy.Not too many people do that to Kam. The D got rocked, Kj got beat with perfect coverage, Dak Prescott is a stud.
All that said the offense came alive and lit up a team that made Miami look silly last week.The defense settled down and played well. I feel a lot better about 911 and beyond.

And Seahawks 4 ever I know its legal now but put down the pipe,honestly. RW losing his job to TB. LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: not unless he god forbid has a career ending injury.

Plateau? He breaks NFL all time records dude and there have been some good QBs over the decades you know? The way he prepares and conditions himself there is no ceiling.

You are a maroon. But we still love you.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:26 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:So, yet another first quarter and no score, no TD. We know SH can kick a FG, what we need to know is can RW direct a TD scoring drive this season???

Please forgive me, but this is takes the cake as far as the stupidest post of the calendar year.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:31 pm

Please forgive me, but this is takes the cake as far as the stupidest post of the calendar year.

River, you have known me through cyberspace for over 18 years, I have made some whopper statements, but that has to take the cake for all time in the Hawk forums.
obiken
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum