Bridgewater Injury - Looks serious.

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Bridgewater Injury - Looks serious.

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:03 pm

I have a supporter. Welcome aboard my crazy train Hawkandballs :D :D :D
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:58 pm

burrrton wrote:Honest question: is the MIN defense considered soooo good based only on their #5 scoring D rank last year, and if not just that, on what else is it based?

I don't mean this directed at you necessarily, Sis- your assessment seems to be widely accepted as conventional wisdom.

I've thought they were good, not great, for the last couple years, but found their scoring D rank kind of an outlier, but maybe there's something about them I missed.

Still think Minny is over-rated?
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:02 pm

http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl-16/2016- ... hedule.php

Yes.

1 quality win against a contender at home by 3 points, does not a champion make.

Unfortunately, Minnesota doesn't play anyone until the second to last weekend ( some of you can force in Arizona if you like)... Same hula Balloo about the Panthers last season, Except they actually beat some quality opponents here and there ( GB, Seattle, Arizona etc).

Carolina won the same way, turnovers, fortuitous bounces and not turning the ball over... Eventually, the turnovers leave you. Only a matter of time.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:27 pm

I hope you are right, HC. If the bounces keep going their way, the Seahawks may end up in their house for a road playoff game. That hasn't worked out so well.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:28 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:Still think Minny is over-rated?

I don't. Although I don't like to see anyone get hurt, Bridgewater going down looks to have been a blessing in disguise for the Vikings. Bradford hasn't thrown an interception all season, just the type of performance you want out of a quarterback of a primarily defensive team. He's playing the best football of his career. IMO they are the biggest threat to our quest of going back to the Super Bowl.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:27 pm

MackStrongIsMyHero wrote:I hope you are right, HC. If the bounces keep going their way, the Seahawks may end up in their house for a road playoff game. That hasn't worked out so well.

It hasn't?

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/boxscore?id=7632&type=3

Seemed to work out just fine, I promise, that without a negative 19 windchill and AP Seattle can go into Minnesota and win.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:58 am

Minnesota is off to a nice, unexpected start...and that's it.

Long way to go, and they are unproven - regardless of what happened last year - in the playoffs.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:48 am

Zorn76 wrote:Minnesota is off to a nice, unexpected start...and that's it.

Long way to go, and they are unproven - regardless of what happened last year - in the playoffs.

I don't think it was completely unexpected. A lot of people rated Minnesota as one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the conference prior to the season, some picking them to go to the SB. They won 11 games and came within a chip shot FG of advancing in the playoffs last year so that alone should qualify them as a serious contender. Now if they run of another 5...
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:57 pm

Honestly, Minnesota "should" win the next five games based on who they play, and those teams performances to date... That said, Seattle "should" be capable of beating the Rams every time they step on the field opposite each other, things don't always play out the way they should. Nature of the beast.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:21 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:
It hasn't?

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/boxscore?id=7632&type=3

Seemed to work out just fine, I promise, that without a negative 19 windchill and AP Seattle can go into Minnesota and win.

I can't argue with that, but I'm referring to how things turned out in Atlanta 2010 and Carolina 2015, mainly Carolina. That team seemed to have all the breaks go their way, including the first half of the divisional playoff round. Another road playoff game against team with everything going their way all season would worry me.

It is still very early, and, yes, I absolutely agree Seattle can go into Minnesota and win.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:41 pm

MackStrongIsMyHero wrote:Seemed to work out just fine, I promise, that without a negative 19 windchill and AP Seattle can go into Minnesota and win.

I can't argue with that, but I'm referring to how things turned out in Atlanta 2010 and Carolina 2015, mainly Carolina. That team seemed to have all the breaks go their way, including the first half of the divisional playoff round. Another road playoff game against team with everything going their way all season would worry me.

It is still very early, and, yes, I absolutely agree Seattle can go into Minnesota and win.[/quote]

Remember the Dennis Green meltdown "they are who we thought they are" in 2006 after the Bears had jumped out to a 5-0 start and the lowly Cards "let'em off the hook"? Almost by definition, any team that comes close to an undefeated season has to get some major breaks along the way, and Minnesota will need some even if they hope to stretch their undefeated record to 10-0.

I don't think anyone in the forum doubts that we can't go into Minnesota or anywhere else and win. What was that stat I saw a few days ago? We've played 77 straight games without losing by more than 10 points. That right there tell you that we have the capability of beating any team, any where, any time.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:15 pm

Point I'm making is that it's unexpected considering it's Bradford, not Bridgewater/Pererson. When both of them went down, Nobody expected them to have much of a season. Kudos to them. They are on a nice roll, but haven't been tested enough to see where they're really at. Solid D, Bradford resurrected. They do have a Cush schedule, but you still have to play the games. We've seen plenty of weir stuff this season already.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:45 pm

Zorn76 wrote:Point I'm making is that it's unexpected considering it's Bradford, not Bridgewater/Pererson. When both of them went down, Nobody expected them to have much of a season. Kudos to them. They are on a nice roll, but haven't been tested enough to see where they're really at. Solid D, Bradford resurrected. They do have a Cush schedule, but you still have to play the games. We've seen plenty of weir stuff this season already.

I disagree. This isn't like the Patriots losing Tom Brady. There were a number of people that thought Bradford was an upgrade over Bridgewater. Although he's showed some promise, Bridgewater's performance last season when the Vikings won 11 games can be described as nothing more than average play. Bradford didn't have very big shoes to fill, and indeed, hasn't exactly lit up the scoreboard so far this season. Last season, Bridgewater was ranked 22nd in passing yards, Bradford is currently 26th. Bridgewater threw 14 TD's in 16 games, Bradford's thrown 6 in 5 games. Bridgewater threw just 9 picks last year, Bradford has yet to throw one. I'm not shocked to see them at 5-0, although I didn't see them knocking off the Panthers, a feat that's looking less impressive every week.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby monkey » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:13 pm

RiverDog wrote: There were a number of people that thought Bradford was an upgrade over Bridgewater.

Well, I am one of those. I predicted before the season started that the Vikings would win their division, and I'm more convinced now than I was before. The Peterson injury hurts them, though it also makes their offense less predictable, ad right now they are having a difficult time running the ball, BUT the injury to Bridgewater and subsequent trade for Bradford, was the best thing that could have happened to them. Truth is, Bridgewater sucks out loud, and Bradford fits Norv Turner's offense PERFECTLY.
The day that trade went down I told everyone who would listen that it improved their chances. At the time of course, I didn't know that Peterson would go down with an injury.
Still, even without Peterson, I fully expect them to win that division, beating Green Bay (OVERRATED!!!) yet again in the process, because they are simply a much better team than Green Bay is, and I expect them to have a scary run deep into the playoffs.
(I have the NFC Championship as Seattle vs Minnesota.)

The Vikings defense is the real deal! Discount it at your peril folks, it has literally ZERO weakness. None. The secondary is outstanding, right up there with our own LOB. Their line is unbelievable at run stopping, and good at pass pressure as well (though not as good at that as at run stopping), their front seven as a whole is very stout.
Seattle, Denver and Minnesota are the three best defenses in football, and I would take on anyone who wants to argue otherwise.
monkey
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:10 am

Upgrade is one thing...5-0 quite another.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:04 am

monkey wrote:Well, I am one of those (that thought Bradford was an upgrade over Bridgewater). I predicted before the season started that the Vikings would win their division, and I'm more convinced now than I was before. The Peterson injury hurts them, though it also makes their offense less predictable, ad right now they are having a difficult time running the ball, BUT the injury to Bridgewater and subsequent trade for Bradford, was the best thing that could have happened to them. Truth is, Bridgewater sucks out loud, and Bradford fits Norv Turner's offense PERFECTLY.
The day that trade went down I told everyone who would listen that it improved their chances. At the time of course, I didn't know that Peterson would go down with an injury.
Still, even without Peterson, I fully expect them to win that division, beating Green Bay (OVERRATED!!!) yet again in the process, because they are simply a much better team than Green Bay is, and I expect them to have a scary run deep into the playoffs.
(I have the NFC Championship as Seattle vs Minnesota.)

The Vikings defense is the real deal! Discount it at your peril folks, it has literally ZERO weakness. None. The secondary is outstanding, right up there with our own LOB. Their line is unbelievable at run stopping, and good at pass pressure as well (though not as good at that as at run stopping), their front seven as a whole is very stout.
Seattle, Denver and Minnesota are the three best defenses in football, and I would take on anyone who wants to argue otherwise.

Nice post, monkey. Agreed about the best 3 defensive teams.

IMO the Vikings losing Peterson and still running out to a 5-0 start is reflective of the diminished importance of a great running back. Take a look at us: The best RB in the history of our franchise retires, his heir apparent has been fighting injuries, and we've still had an excellent first 1/4 of the season.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:51 pm

Pretty big difference between McKinnon and Asiata and a second round draft pick with all the talent in the world, but immaturity issues. As well as a fragile, immobile QB and one that perhaps is the best in the league, as well as a vastly superior receiver core.

I have little doubt that had Seattle been without Wilson, and plugging in Collins that they would have been nearly as successful as they have been.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum