Emulating CK, Not just Lane

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Emulating CK, Not just Lane

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:58 pm

OK, I read in the Sea. Times today that the ENTIRE (or most) team is thing about not standing for the National Anthem. I agree that people have a right to protest, but the team needs to be smart about it. This could tear the team apart between those that decide to sit and those who decide to stand. "What ever we do, it is gpoing to be big" said Doug Baldwin. Really, they do know that they are setting themselves up for the officials, many of whom may not agree with them, to call penalties on the Seahawk players in retaliation. Then there could be the non calls as officials let opposing teams maul our players. Sure, we could whine about it to the league but you know it would fall on deaf ears.

Pete said he was OK with what Lane was doing, as long as he was "smart" about it. Well, taking this protest team wide is NOT being smart about it. I mean, CK said that there is no difference between the Stars and Stripes and the Stars and Bars. That is pure and undiluted B.S.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Re: Emulating CK, Not just Lane

Postby burrrton » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:15 pm

Yeah, wouldn't be smart, for a million different reasons.

I've been seeing rumors, though, that it may not be some national anthem 'protest' that they're considering.

I'd just wait and see.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:25 pm

I don't believe all, or even most. Not on 9/11.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:30 pm

This would be disgusting to me!

Hey millionaires on the team so oppressed you have the right to protest I have the right to disagree.

What exactly are you protesting. It seems its like 1962 in Mississippi!

Maybe make yourselves useful and protest womens and gay rights in the middle east!

Maybe donate 10% of your season salary to inner city youth programs and inner city police!

Football was a sanctuary from all the politics now its not.

I hope the stands empty after the stunt is complete. If the Dolphins stand I will be rooting for them!
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:45 pm

I think you can untie your knotted panties.

From PFT:

"Nate Boyer, a onetime Seahawks long snapper and former United States Army Green Beret, tweeted Thursday afternoon that the Seahawks will deliver a “powerful” demonstration before Sunday’s season opener that shows “respect for the [national] anthem and those that fight for our freedom.”"

I doubt Boyer would be on board for what you guys are imagining.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:52 pm

LOL maybe the whole team will sing it
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:43 pm

NH; That sounds a whole lot better than what I had read in the Sea-Times. I that article they had only quoted Doug Baldwin who I understand has been talking to CK. I guess Ricardo Lockette is a mutual friend. It was Nate Boyer who talked CK into taking a knee instead of sitting on the bench. So, it could be every (or most everybody) taking a knee during the N.A..

Yeah, if they do a mass "protest" on 9-11 I will be extremely disappointed so I hope it is an homage to our military and all who serve and have served and not a protest.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:05 pm

I have read the new updated story about how this demonstration is supposed to be about unity and honoring both the flag and our National Anthem. Unfortunately there are some "12's" that don't seem to want to wait and see what the players have planned and are already trashing both the players and Seahawks organization.

I myself will wait and see and give them the benefit of doubt.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:59 pm

Damn employees not doing what people want.... The nerve!

:lol: :lol:
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:58 pm

It will be a charged moment no matter what happens. I am glad that they are choosing to do 'something' in unity, though I have no clue what it is. Doing something divisive before the game cannot help your chances of winning . I am really curious to see what they have planned up. I don't want to raise expectations, but if they find a way to celebrate the flag in unity, on sept 11, and at the same time allow for real expression of the players and how they feel at the same time, this could be something really special! No clue how they would actually accomplish that though, just hoping...
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:16 am

I actually thought the Hawk's demonstration was a very appropriate and respectful as it involved everyone on the team and I'm grateful for Doug Baldwin making sure that it was inclusive of all team members, not just blacks. Heck, I wasn't even that bothered by one of the Miami players kneeling yet placing his hand over his heart. At least he showed some respect, and that's all I ask.

But it doesn't change my opinion of Kaepernick's sitting on his arse.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum