Not sure if this belongs here or in OT Thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Not sure if this belongs here or in OT Thread

Postby savvyman » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:15 pm

But here is what the Seahawks players are going to do for the National Anthem tomorrow:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000697965/article/seahawks-to-stand-interlock-arms-during-anthem

>>>>>>>>>Seahawks to stand, interlock arms during anthem

Doug Baldwin promised the Seattle Seahawks would plan a demonstration of "unity" during the national anthem before Sunday's season opener against the Miami Dolphins on Sept. 11.

On Saturday, Baldwin revealed the team's plan to stand and interlock arms.

"We are a team comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds," Baldwin said in the video. "And as a team, we have chosen to stand and interlock arms in unity. We honor those who have fought for the freedom we cherish. And we stand to ensure that the riches of freedom, and the security of justice for all people. Progress can and will be made only if we stand together."

Colin Kaepernick's decision to sit during the national anthem to protest social injustice against African-Americans and other minorities in the United States has found support among NFL players.

Seahawks cornerback Jeremy Lane sat during the national anthem prior to Seattle's final preseason contest against the Raiders. Lane told reporters he wanted to show support for Kaepernick's protest and several of his Seahawks teammates publicly supported his decision.

On Sunday, the entire Seattle team will show their support in unity on the 15th anniversary of 9/11. The Seahawks kick off against the Dolphins at 4:05 p.m. ET.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
savvyman
Legacy

Re: Not sure if this belongs here or in OT Thread

Postby Hawkstar » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:19 pm

This sounds like a pretty classy act to show solidarity and unity. I have to admit, I was a little nervous of the whole team taking a knee or another act that could be viewed as disrespectful to the Anthem and Flag. Sounds like the Hawks will continue to make us proud, vs a potential embarrassing demonstration.

I sincerely hope this is it - a team STANDING in unity for the Anthem. I'd love to see it.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby SalmonBB » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:59 pm

Agree, Hawkstar. I was feeling - and do feel - the same way. Glad they found a way to stand in unity, rather than have some sit and divide.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
SalmonBB
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:25 pm

At least on the surface, that sounds very appropriate and would make me feel really good about my team. Hopefully it comes off as it's depicted in the article.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum