New crew on Sunday Countdown

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

New crew on Sunday Countdown

Postby Agent 86 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:35 am

Tom Jackson, Ditka, CC, and Key are gone.

Hass, Dilfer, C. Woodson, and R. Moss are in.....Berman still the host.

NFL Network is led by Eisen, with Mooch, Irvin, Warner, and Faulk.

I am giving Countdown a go just to watch Hass this week. But wondering which show you all will be going with? Is there anyone who is a NFL Network Gameday morning vet that can give me some info on how they like their crew?
Agent 86
Legacy

Re: New crew on Sunday Countdown

Postby burrrton » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:16 am

I think they all do it to a certain degree, but I have trouble watching NFL Network due to all the talking over each other, or BSing while someone else is talking, and so on.

It seems to be the Hot New Thing to make it more informal, lighthearted, etc, to sound more like a conversation among friends, but something about that group on NFLN doesn't work for me.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:58 am

I was excited to see Hass on Countdown - but I tuned in just in time to listen to Moss, then Woodson, then Difler go on and on about Keap. After 10 minutes, I turned it off. I get the point, but I was tuning in for football.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:57 pm

I'll have to pass on that one. It starts at like 4am out here in the islands. But, if I had a choice, I'd watch Hass, just to see that shiny head of his in the lights.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:24 pm

I didn't see it, but I will tune in the following weeks just to see/listen to Hass. His brother is a pretty good analyst and Dilfer has been doing this stuff for years the NFL Channel. The other guys are ok but the team will have to work together for a while until they mesh.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:38 pm

Chris Berman looked way out of place sittin' next to all the new kids, but espn's show really needed new blood anyway.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:40 pm

Sorry but who cares. Most people watch the post game show on ESPN not the pre-game.
obiken
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:44 pm

I just turn one on, but I don't really watch it much. I always cook a bit for the game so I am usually either prepping things or finishing up when its on.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby Agent 86 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:36 pm

obiken wrote:Sorry but who cares. Most people watch the post game show on ESPN not the pre-game.

I'm the complete opposite. I get a pot of coffee on and sitting on my couch with my IPad at 8:00am every Sunday morning. Watch all the previews for each game and make my picks for the 3 pick em pools I am in and the 1 fantasy pool.

Never watch post game shows, why watch a bunch of highlights I have already seen throughout the day?

Would you believe I care Obi?
How about give at least 1 poop rather than none?
Er, would you go for I can have at least 2 hours Sunday morning not talking to the wife using Countdown/Gameday Morning as a distraction?

Sorry bout that Chief.
Agent 86
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum