Official Seahawks vs Rams GAME Thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Official Seahawks vs Rams GAME Thread

Postby Hawkstar » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:03 pm

A big play! No Flags! Things are looking up!

Let's go boys!
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:04 pm

Nice play.

Some of these penalties are silly
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:07 pm

Looked like a fumble...
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:08 pm

Definitely a fumble
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:08 pm

Game
savvyman
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Bummer. 1 & 1 - it's not the end of the world.

Let's go hawks!
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby DallasHawk » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:10 pm

absolutely gross
DallasHawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:11 pm

Perfect way for this game to end...

Couldn't get out of our own way offensively all day, and then a final mistake to seal the deal.

Very tiresome.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:14 pm

One TD after 2 games.

One.

Lots of new faces up front, but still should be good enough overall to win a game like this.

Luckily, we get to return home for next week. But right now, we can't take ANYBODY lightly, including the 49ers.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:15 pm

So incredibly disappointed in Wilson, Bevell ( is it some sort of written law that says Seattle's offense is run, run have Wilson hold the ball for 30 seconds before running around and getting sacked or that that particular brand of offense must be run until the final 2 minutes?) and the officials. I honestly have never seen 3 offensive PI calls in a game between two teams, much less 3 on the SAME team derailing drive after drive in my life. Never.

Kudos to Lockett, that defense, and Micheal.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:17 pm

this is so 2015.....
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:25 pm

Being disappointed in Wilson is the dumbest thing I've heard in a decade. Playing w/ a new OL, playing on a bum wheel, playing against one of the best d-lines in their home opener in their new (old) town w/ 90k fans and its 105 degrees on the field and YOU are disappointed in Wilson. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

63%, 254 yards.... Who knows how many if the BS OPIs weren't called. I get it that it's disappointing. I thought we might lose today under the circumstances. Being disappointed in Wilson. WTF?
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:33 pm

But right now, we can't take ANYBODY lightly, including the 49ers.

You can say this again.

However, I can't wait to hear about the team deliberations for pre-game 'protests'. Very, very interesting stuff for a team averaging 7.5pts/game...
burrrton
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:33 pm

You have time. Throw the ball. If that's "the dumbest thing you've ever heard" then so be it.

I'm not into excuses. Wilson held the ball to long ( as he did last week for the majority of the game), underthrew open downfield receivers multiple times, threw the ball high to underneath receivers ( as he did last week before he was injured) and ultimately, I'm not going to make an excuse for that ( just like I didn't for Earl last week, nor will I for Lockett last week, the officiating this week, or Rawls this week, or Bevell ever).

You're welcome to do so Sis. I don't.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:34 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:Being disappointed in Wilson is the dumbest thing I've heard in a decade. Playing w/ a new OL, playing on a bum wheel, playing against one of the best d-lines in their home opener in their new (old) town w/ 90k fans and its 105 degrees on the field and YOU are disappointed in Wilson. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

63%, 254 yards.... Who knows how many if the BS OPIs weren't called. I get it that it's disappointing. I thought we might lose today under the circumstances. Being disappointed in Wilson. WTF?

100% this. Wilson was the only thing we had going for us on offense.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:39 pm

There's a huge difference between making excuses and being realistic. And there's a big difference between being a blamer and understanding the game. It's week 2. I think we will be 2 & 2 at the bye and then let it rip. We are fine.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:41 pm

Micheal - 6 yards a carry

Lockett - 25 yards a catch ( despite having to fight through DBs to get to underthrown balls)

Wilson was outplayed by Kase Keenum ( KASE KENNUM)...

Sorry if I don't get impressed by Kase Keenum or below performance.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:49 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:There's a huge difference between making excuses and being realistic. And there's a big difference between being a blamer and understanding the game. It's week 2. I think we will be 2 & 2 at the bye and then let it rip. We are fine.

Perhaps we will be. I don't know ( and neither do you) regardless, I "understand" the game perfectly well, something you should know, if you choose to call me a "blamer" or claim I'm not "realistic" or don't "understand" the game, I honestly don't care.

Wilson had time, injury or not, and he didn't pull the trigger. He underthrew multiple receivers, or air mailed medium range throws. You can point at his injury if you want. Truth is, the man was on the field, which means the expectation of play doesn't get washed simply because he was dinged up.

I'm not going to turn a blind eye to those plays ( Shead also played like poop) regardless of how much I care about them.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:04 pm

burrrton wrote:However, I can't wait to hear about the team deliberations for pre-game 'protests'. Very, very interesting stuff for a team averaging 7.5pts/game...

Yup, it's especially fun when players like Earl Thomas actually essentially admit they are distracted by it.
:roll:
monkey
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:20 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Micheal - 6 yards a carry

Lockett - 25 yards a catch ( despite having to fight through DBs to get to underthrown balls)

Wilson was outplayed by Kase Keenum ( KASE KENNUM)...

Sorry if I don't get impressed by Kase Keenum or below performance.

Michael also fumbled on our last offensive drive which ended the game for us and who do you think threw Lockett those balls?? Uhhh, that would be one injured R Wilson under heavy duress. Being a QB in the NFL is more difficult than any of us can imagine. Maybe the Ram QB will be a winner someday. That he won today is not a knock on RW. Wouldn't that be a knock on the D?
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:24 pm

The Offense is built on a mobile QB and a strong run game.
Take the mobile QB away, and it becomes a whole lot easier for the Defense.
Add in a team that plays us tough when we are healthy and it will be a struggle to get points on the board.

It was a bit of a gamble to remake the OL and at this point the gamble isn't paying off, but they did pass block OK considering they only gave up 2 sacks with a hobbled QB. Their run blocking was a disappointment so I hope that part gets better.

With all that said, if one play broke our way like the long pass to Lockett resulting in a TD instead of him being tackled, we would have a different outlook now.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:17 pm

All great points, North. But the who do we pitchfork after a week two loss? Who??? ;)
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:23 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:All great points, North. But the who do we pitchfork after a week two loss? Who??? ;)

The franchise. 1 and 1 is a DISASTER.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:31 pm

The franchise. 1 and 1 is a DISASTER.

Of course it isn't but we lose to the niners, yeah then we are in trouble.
obiken
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:58 am

Done with this game already bring on the ,9,,ers.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:41 am

1 & 1 is a disaster! LOL
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:47 am

I didn;t think we would win this game going in, but I do wish our play had been quite a bit better on the offensive side of the ball.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby DallasHawk » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:18 am

That's the thing, we know 1-1 isn't the end of the world, but our offense is in serious trouble, if they don't figure something out soon we could be looking at 1-3 going into the bye week. I have serious doubts and always have in Bevel's ability to run a offense at this level, he's so predictable. why do you think the Vikings let him go?
DallasHawk
Legacy

Postby DallasHawk » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:19 am

In Russ we trust.... :D
DallasHawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:32 am

I hope Russ's ankle improves as much this week as it did last week.

We got hit with the injury bug, too.
Guys who got dinged by varying degrees:
Lockett
Rawls
Baldwin

I also saw Graham hobble a little, but it could just be a bump on on play.
Willson left looking a little uncomfortable
Russ's ankle, of course.

Add them to who we already miss
Ifedi
Vannett
Prosise

Hopefully they can all be back to 100% or close by next game.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:44 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:1 & 1 is a disaster! LOL

:)
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:52 pm

Never gets old, Burrrton. NEVER. :lol:

Human Cockroach - no disrespect intended, my brother. Just a little peeved after the game. It is a long stated pet peeve of mine to hear everyone's blame after a loss. "Bevel is a loser," (though he is the winningest OC in franchise history). "Very disappointed in Russell" (who was playing on a high ankle sprain and somehow doesn't have the same "stuff"). I am not saying you personally don't understand the game. I do, however, think that MMQBing is a pretty damned easy thing to do. But... be that guy in the moment, with the pressure, with the millions watching, with the time running down, with the D-line licking their chops while navigating all of the other challenges he had to battle and ask yourself what would you really do? Physically, emotionally, mentally???? Who would you be in those moments? RW is that rare guy (one of only 32 in the world - but more special, because he is a guy that led us to a W on one leg last week and nearly did it again this week). I take him every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:04 am

DallasHawk wrote:In Russ we trust.... :D

THERE IS NOONE BETTER THEN WILSON HE IS THE BEST :D
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:36 am

I've intentionally stayed away to avoid expressing or reading a bunch of knee jerk reactions. But Ive been at peace even though my 19-0 prediction is out the window.

The loss to me felt a lot like the loss to the Skins in week 4 of the 2005 season, the "2 and 2 is a disaster"game. I just didn't feel that upset. Same for the AZ home game in 2013. I didn't take them as hard. It was just one of those days.And Seattle was in the Super bowl each time at season end.
Wilson is tough as a 2 dollar steak. The guy got hammered all day long and didn't even flinch. Did someone really blame him for that loss, even a little? 250 yds passing on a bum wheel, actually willing to run or to scramble to help his team on a high ankle sprain.
WTF do you want? And over another 100 yds passing and likely a couple of scores taken off the board by boring Boger. Complete flag infested screwed up game.Jesus bring back the replacements if this is the best we can do.

The line got killed. Bevell was not good most of the game. Our top 2 wideouts were out for much of the game along with our starting guard and RB.
And still where where was Russ and the Hawks with 2 minutes to play??????? Coming to rip the guts out of the Rams, that's where.
If Micheal holds on to the ball we're going to be in the end zone just like week one.

I like this team better than last year for sure. We're Super Bowl bound
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:39 pm

[quote="politicalfootball"][quote="DallasHawk"]In Russ we trust.... :D

THERE IS NOONE BETTER THEN WILSON HE IS THE BEST :D

Then let's sign this Noone guy if he's better than Russ!
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:37 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:Never gets old, Burrrton. NEVER. :lol:

Human Cockroach - no disrespect intended, my brother. Just a little peeved after the game. It is a long stated pet peeve of mine to hear everyone's blame after a loss. "Bevel is a loser," (though he is the winningest OC in franchise history). "Very disappointed in Russell" (who was playing on a high ankle sprain and somehow doesn't have the same "stuff"). I am not saying you personally don't understand the game. I do, however, think that MMQBing is a pretty damned easy thing to do. But... be that guy in the moment, with the pressure, with the millions watching, with the time running down, with the D-line licking their chops while navigating all of the other challenges he had to battle and ask yourself what would you really do? Physically, emotionally, mentally???? Who would you be in those moments? RW is that rare guy (one of only 32 in the world - but more special, because he is a guy that led us to a W on one leg last week and nearly did it again this week). I take him every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I absolutely never once said Wilson wasn't that rare guy nor blamed Bevell for everything, I said I was so disappointed in them Sis. Because of their success my bar is raised, I EXPECT better, and am never going to be afraid to voice my underwhelmed-ness with things they do.

Believe it or not, it IS possible to love, support, and admire a player and STILL be able to say you were disappointed in their play or playcalling or even like last week say they played their worst game of their career ( as I did with Thomas). It doesn't change that I appreciate their talent, or support.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:02 pm

savvyman wrote:Nice half by the Seahawks Defense.

Lousy one by the Seahawks Offense.

Pretty much sums up things.

This team is boring. It used to be that the defense got turnovers and the offense was opportunistic. We don't get quarterback sacks, no tackles for loss, and the offense is even worse. The entire team is as stale as 2 week bread.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:24 pm

Believe it or not, it IS possible to love, support, and admire a player and STILL be able to say you were disappointed in their play or playcalling or even like last week say they played their worst game of their career ( as I did with Thomas). It doesn't change that I appreciate their talent, or support.

Good point, and I agree. Cept not on RW this last weekend. Dude was scrapping and balling on one leg w/ no help. Agree to disagree on this one.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:33 pm

We don't get quarterback sacks, no tackles for loss

Say what now? Who have you been watching RD? Seattle is number two in the league in sacks, number one in tackles for loss..... If you meant "timely" sacks or something I could almost, sort of see your point ( though to be fair they had several huge sacks against Miami, and an enormous one that was wiped out because Marsh caught Keenums face when he ducked)...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:17 pm

Hawktawk wrote:I
And still where where was Russ and the Hawks with 2 minutes to play??????? Coming to rip the guts out of the Rams, that's where.

The only reason that Russ and the team was in a position to "rip the guts out" with two minutes to play was the because of a stellar game played and effort given by the Seahawk's Defense.

It certainly wasn't the offense that had the Seahawk's in a position to win the game on the final drive.
savvyman
Legacy

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks Forum