Official Seahawks vs Rams POST Game Thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Official Seahawks vs Rams POST Game Thread

Postby savvyman » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:12 pm

Rams played their usual nothing to lose style against the Hawks and came out successful. Defense played very well today and gave us a chance for victory. Our offense scheme, Play design, Formations used and Play Calling completely sucks. For F sake you got the best receiving 6 foot 7 tight end in football and not one time do you target him on a seam route?
savvyman
Legacy

Re: Official Seahawks vs Rams POST Game Thread

Postby obiken » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:18 pm

You have one of the best DL's in the league against the worst its predictable. 1 TD in 2 games??? This was a win on my calendar, where to we make this up to be a good FB team? Our Run game sucks.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:24 pm

Absolutely pathetic! If u are not planning to use some of theses high paid player trade em for o line.
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:29 pm

Wilson was on his way to another come from behind win but for the fumble.

that's the problem with having to come from behind; it means you're behind and all it takes is one thing to go wrong and tou lose the game.

Probably as frustrated as I've ever been with how Pete & John view and deal with the O-line. I seriously hope these first couple games create a bit of a shift in that paradigm.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:57 pm

Timing is everything offensively, especially on the road.

But even with a new OL and a gimpy QB, there is absolutely No Excuse for only 3 pts in four quarters.

None.

Right from the start, the play calling was vanilla and played right into the Rams hands. You have to take your shots, but also be mindful of down and distance. Keep the opposing D off balance, and come up with passing plays that allow for a quicker release. Didn't see nearly enough of the latter this afternoon.

And way too stubborn with the run game on early downs. Too predictable, and ill advised when facing a DL like LA's.

When you have a poor recent history like we do with Fisher's group, you need to Really Focus on having an imaginative game plan. Instead, we slept walked through 4 quarters with no discernible passion.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:02 pm

I dont blame Cable he just gets dumped on with a new Pile of S---t each year and is expected to work miracles. It just does not look good at this point. The play calling is soooo predictable also.....but maybe thats all they can do with the O - Line of amateurs and clowns.
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:14 pm

I have been harping on this all year, the great experiment is faltering. Cable I think loves the challenge of taking a POS and turning him into a serviceable Olineman, but no, this all Pete and John.
After the Duck loss yesterday I got drunk and slept in till 3. Didn't miss much did I?
9ers beat the Rams 28-0, Rams beat us 9-3, Niners beat us 37-3??

River, Cbob, does comparative scoring work??
obiken
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:17 pm

The OL isn't issue with me, because it is new, and there was no way that Okung and Sweezy were going to stay anyhow. I haven't wavered on them being elsewhere one bit.

The problem really occurs when you don't adjust the game plan enough to match where you're at personnel/experience wise. That's why I would have like to have seen many more quick hitting pass plays, since it would've gone a long way in offsetting the Rams formidable pass rush.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:34 pm

obiken wrote:9ers beat the Rams 28-0, Rams beat us 9-3, Niners beat us 37-3??

River, Cbob, does comparative scoring work??

Inversely. It means we'll beat the Niners 37-3.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:15 pm

I like your thinking Bob. That is the way the NFL works too, any given Sunday.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:17 pm

Inversely. It means we'll beat the Niners 37-3.

Right now CB I would 1/2 of 37! We are looking like the Hawks of the 90's when we had Tez, Brown, and Sinclair, but no offense!
obiken
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:10 pm

I am not worried. Neither is this guy:
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/9/18/12963480/seahawks-recap-rams-reasons-not-worried-tyler-lockett-russell-wilson-la

I was at the game. It was hot! Drank 5 bottles of water at $5 a pop. I also made money as I took the rams & under in the 1st half.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:25 pm

Bellotti used the rain as an excuse the last time the Huskies beat us in Eugene, it hit like a thud on both fan bases.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:02 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Wilson was on his way to another come from behind win but for the fumble.

that's the problem with having to come from behind; it means you're behind and all it takes is one thing to go wrong and tou lose the game.

Probably as frustrated as I've ever been with how Pete & John view and deal with the O-line. I seriously hope these first couple games create a bit of a shift in that paradigm.

We needed a touchdown, something that we've done just once in 8 quarters of football, so even without the fumble, the odds were against Russell pulling a rabbit out of his hat. But who knows.

I'm right there with you in regards to PC and JS's negligence in managing our OL. We were promised that it would be addressed in the offseason and instead, it's gotten worse instead of better. They've ignored it for years, and now the chickens are coming home to roost.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:22 am

River, spot on! It's easier, to send an average back through a great hole, than a great back through no hole, you know that as well as I do. However Savvy has a point, where do cut to make up the difference. It's high noon for the great experiment.
obiken
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:00 am

We needed a touchdown, something that we've done just once in 8 quarters of football, so even without the fumble, the odds were against Russell pulling a rabbit out of his hat. But who knows.

That's only true if you live in the vacuum of "statistically most likely". For me, knowing Russ and his propensity for late game heroics and feeling the momentum for just such an ending building in that game I believe the likelihood was in our favor.

BTW, and I'm not trying to be offensive here, but for someone who doesn't like stats you seem to have no problem using them to support your own contentions. Same as all of us. That's not intended as a shot, just saying maybe temper your shots at us next time for doing the same thing.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:09 am

That's only true if you live in the vacuum of "statistically most likely". For me, knowing Russ and his propensity for late game heroics and feeling the momentum for just such an ending building in that game I believe the likelihood was in our favor.

BTW, and I'm not trying to be offensive here, but for someone who doesn't like stats you seem to have no problem using them to support your own contentions. Same as all of us. That's not intended as a shot, just saying maybe temper your shots at us next time for doing the same thing.

But CB, there is a difference between pointing out stats like QB ratings, and the fact of not putting the ball in the EZ one time in 8 quarters.
obiken
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:20 am

obiken wrote:But CB, there is a difference between pointing out stats like QB ratings, and the fact of not putting the ball in the EZ one time in 8 quarters.

Really? How so? Each is just a statistical representation of what has taken place in a given period of time.

Stats are facts. they are the truth but not the whole truth and need to be viewed in their proper context to be useful. I believe Russell's propensity for late game heroics and game momentum to be the proper context in which to view that last drive and to counterbalance the stat regarding the prior lack of TD's this year.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Oly » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:51 am

c_hawkbob wrote:I believe Russell's propensity for late game heroics and game momentum to be the proper context in which to view that last drive and to counterbalance the stat regarding the prior lack of TD's this year.

I guess I just wasn't feeling that game momentum was on the Hawks' side. Yeah, they got fortunate with the penalty just before the 2:00 warning and then forced the punt, but I didn't feel that the Hawks had any momentum on offense. For me, Russ' historical heroics were less relevant than the game context in which Donald and Quinn were stuffed to the gills after eating the Hawks' lunch all day. I normally have faith in Russ to pull out the game winner, but I really wasn't feeling it on Sunday.

But just like that Field Gulls writer linked above, I'm not worried yet. The OL isn't good, but no other DL can abuse them like the Rams'. Now, if they can't get things going against that bad 49ers defense, then I'll get really worried, really quickly.
Oly
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:38 am

I was there w/ you, Bob. A lot of 12s were believing when he was at their own 12, much less the Ram's 30. It's super fun to have a QB like that.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:09 pm

One thing I couldn't determine was how many hawks fans were at that game. It was a sea of blue, but blue is also the rams color. Did anyone hear the hawks fans getting loud during that last drive & the long pass in particular? As I walked around, I estimated about 30% Seahawks, 60% rams, & 10% neutral based on clothing.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:00 pm

savvyman wrote:Rams played their usual nothing to lose style against the Hawks and came out successful. Defense played very well today and gave us a chance for victory. Our offense scheme, Play design, Formations used and Play Calling completely sucks. For F sake you got the best receiving 6 foot 7 tight end in football and not one time do you target him on a seam route?

Bump.

Nice to see that the Offensive Coordinator finally got the message - that was in my opinion - quite obvious for anyone to see.

Also - without any doubt the offensive line is significantly improved over last years offensive line. And considering the Seahawk's are doing this for the cost of a Happy meal shows just what a great Front Office and coaching staff they have.
savvyman
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum