Whacky First 3 Weeks

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Whacky First 3 Weeks

Postby RiverDog » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:29 am

Panthers and Cards are both 1-2 and both looked horrible yesterday. Vikings lose both their starting quarterback and their HOF running back yet they're 3-0. Philly's rookie quarterback is 3-0. New England is 3-0 without a suspended Tom Brady.

Very unpredictable first part of the season, my excuse for my horrible performance in our Pickem league. Oh, and who are my Fantasy players? Carson Palmer, Rob Gronkowski, Adrian Peterson, Doug Martin, to name a few.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Whacky First 3 Weeks

Postby Jjones84 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:44 pm

The only thing I have to say about the vikes is, you can't always rely on defense to score you pts. They are an incredible team with a great coach, but that offense is going to struggle to score pts. That could be a back breaker on any given sunday.
Jjones84
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:17 pm

Yeah, look at us when the Offense doesn't show up.
Our Defense might be great, but it can't consistently put points on the board. It's not really their job.

It's a bad year for injuries to key players. I wonder if the lack of contact in TC is now showing the results of not being really ready for contact.
It might be a factor, and I wouldn't be surprised if it would get worse if the league cut 2 preseason games as some talk of.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:51 pm

It is Wide open - in both conferences, really - but especially ours.

AZ 1-2. (Palmer played way over his head last season).
Rams 2-1 (on their way to 7-9 or 8-8)
GB 2-1
Carolina 1-2
Saints reminded me they are officially really heading down hill for good, unless they get a D overnight.

Eagles and Vikes are a surprise, but can they sustain it?

Meanwhile, if we can give RW just 1.99 seconds to get rid of ball, we'll be fine:)
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:24 pm

Jjones84 wrote:The only thing I have to say about the vikes is, you can't always rely on defense to score you pts. They are an incredible team with a great coach, but that offense is going to struggle to score pts. That could be a back breaker on any given sunday.

Welcome to the Shack, Jones!

I agree with you about strong defensive teams. They aren't going to be able to shut down each and every offense on every Sunday. There are going to be times when no matter how good you are, your defense just doesn't match up well with another team's offense on a given day. Our game at home last season against the Cards is a great example when they lit us up for 39 points. You have to have a balanced team, and I don't think the Vikings are quite there yet.

But like Zorny said, the NFC is wide open. There does not appear to be a dominant team. 11 wins might be good enough for HFA in a season like this one.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:33 pm

RiverDog wrote:Panthers and Cards are both 1-2 and both looked horrible yesterday. Vikings lose both their starting quarterback and their HOF running back yet they're 3-0. Philly's rookie quarterback is 3-0. New England is 3-0 without a suspended Tom Brady.

Very unpredictable first part of the season, my excuse for my horrible performance in our Pickem league. Oh, and who are my Fantasy players? Carson Palmer, Rob Gronkowski, Adrian Peterson, Doug Martin, to name a few.

I remain unsold on Arizona or Carolina....

Cam and Carson will return to their "normal" ( something that has already occurred over the three week period) one of ghost teams will right the ship and find the playoffs. The only w question in my mind is which one pulls out of the nose dive and which one spirals out of control....

My guess is Arizona finds a way to win 10 games. Carolina doesn't ( though in that shite division 7 wins might be enough).
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:34 pm

I felt like Az was headed for a fall after the way they finished up last year, especally Palmer.Without a superhuman effort by Fitzgerald they would have been one and done in the playoffs and that was bookended by thrashings from Seattle and carolina.
I think Palmer is shot.They could slide to 3rd or even 4th in the division.4th would be tough the 9ers are that bad.

Dont sleep on the Rams. The D is there along with the feature back. Keenum is getting his feet under him and they have become the first team in NFL history to win 2 in a row after being shut out in their opener.
If Fisher is ever going to have his year its this one or never.

Wentz is absolutely the real deal as is the coach. Philly is formidable based on their utter dismantling of the Steelers who had looked like the class of the AFC.

Dittos for the Vikes. I said it was a stroke of genius when they signed Bradford, an upgrade at the position on a team that about took us out last year.All Bradford has done is drop dimes.
I even think losing AP will help the offense open up even more. They are a top team in the conference.

Carolina is a question mark. its a lot about Cam. I think Denver exposed him much as Seattle when their defense is on their game. He is not really elusive or a deadly passer on the run but prefers to sit in the pocket. His runs are generally designed and when he breaks the pocket hes looking to run, not throw.A fierce rush messes him up and makes him far worse than average.
Then seeing the ridiculous idiotic costume he wore to the postgame press conference after playing like crap says its still about the bling, about Cam. Even Deion Sanders and LT said it was not acceptable to dress like that for a losing press conference.

Its about Cam. They go as he goes.Right now that is backwards
Tampa.PFFFTTTT

Skins?Cowboys?Pack?Giants?
Can the Pats really win their first 4 with their 2nd and 3rd string QB. How Brady responds in week 5 and beyond is as interesting as any other storyline in NE.

Its early but fun to speculate.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum