Would Marcell Reese be worth looking at?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Would Marcell Reese be worth looking at?

Postby Jjones84 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:09 pm

I am new to the site, but was wondering what you all might think. Pete mentioned it was a problem they didn't have a fullback after they released tukuafu. I know he is coming off a ped suspension, but how often does a top 5 or 10 player all time at a position become available on the open market? He would instantly add pass protection and run support.
Last edited by Jjones84 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jjones84
Legacy

Re: Would Marcell Reese be worth looking at?

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:13 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Do you think Reese still has some gas in the tank? Can he contribute more than Tukuafu could?
I don't know the answer to the questions, but I would think if they really wanted a FB, they would be scouring the Practice Squads and cuts for someone who might fit.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Jjones84 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:17 pm

Very valid concern you have brought up. Definately some risk there. He is only 31 though. I could see him still having something left. Strong played for 15 years, and only retired due to a risk of paralysis. It seems that he got cut due to the suspension coupled with the play of his replacement, not so much his play. He is good enough at blocking that he could help russ as early as this weekend. Bowles is going to bring the house all game long, it might be nice to have a vet back there on passing downs to help a limited wilson. But, on the other hand, maybe vanett could help a little. An article said they brought two fbs in today, but didn't say who. I think I like the idea of having a fb on the roster though.
Jjones84
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:40 pm

Welcome to the forum. I have been a fan of M.R. and I thought we should have signed him a few years ago, but, that was a few years ago and I too wonder if he has any gas left in the tank. What would be the harm bringing him in and finding out??
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum