We got us another CJ!

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

We got us another CJ!

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:38 pm

We've added Spiller to our stable of CJ's!

Loved him coming out of college, and even though he hasn't torn the league up, this is an outstanding signing: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... e-seahawks
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Re: We got us another CJ!

Postby depaashaas » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:43 pm

did they cut anyone to make spot available?
depaashaas
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:53 pm

Good pick up - makes sense with Rawls being hit with the injury stick lately.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:14 pm

We're a running team, we can't have our stable of horses getting thin.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Jjones84 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:04 pm

depaashaas wrote:did they cut anyone to make spot available?

Yes, they cut Terrance mcgee. Major upgrade I think. I actually was hoping they would sign him when NO released him, never thought they would.
Jjones84
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:14 pm

LOL you guys have to reach far back in the basket of dreams and wishes to plug one of your many holes!!!
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:33 pm

Get a load of this guy ^^^^^^^^^^....

At least Seattle is filling depth holes due to injury.... The Rams are just full of holes... That's the difference between championship contenders, and 2-14 to 7-9 also Rams... Err... Rans.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:11 am

Sorry in advance for my Debbie Downer attitude, but this signing doesn't excite me in the least. Spiller had a disappointing stint with the Bills, was a huge disappointment with the Saints who after plopping a big chunk of change in him eventually ended up cutting him, and in the two weeks since he was cut, not one of the other 30 teams expressed any interest in him until Rawls got hurt and we were forced to find someone, anyone, that has some experience carrying a football. He's 29 years old at a position that has a very definite shelf life, so I'm not expecting any kind of contribution.

A lot of us got excited when we signed Jahri Evans, also cut by the Saints, and he didn't even make the team. This is nothing more than being late to a yard sale and rummaging through the left overs that a whole bunch of people didn't want after all the good stuff was already taken.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:04 am

I believe Evans was a system fit issue. The Saints picked him back up and he started the last game I saw the Saints play, so he's still a viable player in someone's Offense.

Regarding Spiller, some people said some of the same things about Lynch (except the age) and look how that turned out.
Like said above, we are a running team, so why not sign a RB who has played a lot of football and can still hit the home run if given a chance? The rest of our RBs are relatively inexperienced so maybe he has something extra to offer. Replacing McGee with Spiller probably is an upgrade.
Maybe he will wash out here, too but we'll see how it goes.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:04 am

RiverDog wrote:Sorry in advance for my Debbie Downer attitude

No one expected anything else.

I don't expect the guy to be some sort of savior, but then I don't think we need saving, He's a quality short term pickup to keep our RB position robust while we have some guys hurt at the very least.

At best he'll displace an underperforming member of our stable and be a real contributor for us the whole year or more.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:13 am

I see him as the answer to all of the plays put in for Prosise who has been unavailable...

Spiller can fill a Sproles role, which is why I think the signing is a decent one... Whether he contributes a lot or a little, the guy can still catch the ball and run. I would prefer him over dance, dance tackled Collins ( at least in the short term).
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Jjones84 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:36 pm

Rambo2014 wrote:LOL you guys have to reach far back in the basket of dreams and wishes to plug one of your many holes!!!

Please elaborate. What are the "many" holes you speak of?
Jjones84
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:10 am

Well I like CJ he is good and maybe even more than good enough to play for the Seahawks

What are your plans to be at the Seahawks game and root.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:32 am

Go hawks I LIKE THEM SEAHAWKS. 8-) 8-) 8-) :lol:
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:24 pm

Jjones84 wrote:Please elaborate. What are the "many" holes you speak of?

Don't expect this troll (Rambo) to speak intelligently about anything football-related. He's a circus act, here for our entertainment.
Last edited by RiverDog on Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:36 pm

Jjones84 wrote:Please elaborate. What are the "many" holes you speak of?

RiverDog wrote:
Don't expect this troll to speak intelligently about anything football-related. He's a circus act, here for our entertainment.

That was harsh ... did I miss somethng?

* Edit, oh nevermind, you were talking about Lambo, not the new kid ... carry on.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:37 am

c_hawkbob wrote:That was harsh ... did I miss somethng?

* Edit, oh nevermind, you were talking about Lambo, not the new kid ... carry on.

I'm glad you said something. I went back and edited my remarks to indicate who I was talking about. I really like our newbie, he seems to have a good football mind.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:15 am

c_hawkbob wrote:That was harsh ... did I miss somethng?

RiverDog wrote:
I'm glad you said something. I went back and edited my remarks to indicate who I was talking about. I really like our newbie, he seems to have a good football mind.

Agreed, and if I haven't said it already, welcome aboard jj!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:11 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Agreed, and if I haven't said it already, welcome aboard jj!

Ditto!!!
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:25 pm

RiverDog wrote:Sorry in advance for my Debbie Downer attitude, but this signing doesn't excite me in the least. Spiller had a disappointing stint with the Bills, was a huge disappointment with the Saints who after plopping a big chunk of change in him eventually ended up cutting him, and in the two weeks since he was cut, not one of the other 30 teams expressed any interest in him until Rawls got hurt and we were forced to find someone, anyone, that has some experience carrying a football. He's 29 years old at a position that has a very definite shelf life, so I'm not expecting any kind of contribution.

A lot of us got excited when we signed Jahri Evans, also cut by the Saints, and he didn't even make the team. This is nothing more than being late to a yard sale and rummaging through the left overs that a whole bunch of people didn't want after all the good stuff was already taken.

Well river so far after the game CJ is proving you wrong. He seems to have enough left in the tank to score on a pass play and run for some significant yardage. I said I like him and this pick up and I stand by that.

River I'm sure you want to be proved wrong on this and have CJ produce, so whatever is good for the Seahawks and helps them win is worth it , right ?

How is everything River are you planning to go to a game this season ?
politicalfootball
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum