A ridiculous article about wilson from NY media.

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

A ridiculous article about wilson from NY media.

Postby Jjones84 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:38 am

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-advantage-hobbled-russell-wilson-article-1.2810804
This is a ridiculous article by Manish meta of ny post. Must read in my opinion. Infuriates me, but this is a common misconception still.
Jjones84
Legacy

Re: A ridiculous article about wilson from NY media.

Postby burrrton » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:50 am

Wish-casting clickbait. Just some kid fresh out of J-school trying to get views.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Jjones84 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:59 am

burrrton wrote:Wish-casting clickbait. Just some kid fresh out of J-school trying to get views.

I most definitely agree. The problem in my mind is that I think this is still a very popular opinion about russ. I don't know if he will ever get his due. Maybe when brady and them boys retire, but they will probably still find reasons to doubt. I shouldn't care, but I do, lol.
Jjones84
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:37 am

Jjones84 wrote:I most definitely agree. The problem in my mind is that I think this is still a very popular opinion about russ. I don't know if he will ever get his due. Maybe when brady and them boys retire, but they will probably still find reasons to doubt. I shouldn't care, but I do, lol.

I hear ya, but it's just reality that many/most "sports writers" know very little about non-local teams except what they read in short-attention-span ESPN articles.

Look at the bright side- it's a dead giveaway that the writer doesn't know the team very well, so makes it easier to avoid meaningless articles. :)
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:08 pm

Jjones84 wrote:http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-advantage-hobbled-russell-wilson-article-1.2810804
This is a ridiculous article by Manish meta of ny post. Must read in my opinion. Infuriates me, but this is a common misconception still.

I don't let articles like that one bother me. He's entitled to his opinion, as wrong as it may be. But I do agree with him that we're really screwed if Russell can't move around, but that's not because he can't throw from the pocket, it's because we provide him with such inferior pass protection.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:02 pm

Some of the things he says is true, our Offense is in part based on a mobile QB and some teams do spy on Russ so a less mobile QB could mean a less effective QB.
On the other hand, how do they know how much mobility is lost, and how do they prepare for him?
On the whole, it's an opinion without a lot of depth, but it may turn out to be true this Sunday.
It's why the games are played.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:48 pm

He will learn. They always do.

I found it comical the lengths at which he went to profess his "batman" to "superman" status and the proceeded to give information about superman's stats....
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby obiken » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:01 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:He will learn. They always do.

I found it comical the lengths at which he went to profess his "batman" to "superman" status and the proceeded to give information about superman's stats....

Its kinda True Human, he is 2nd tier with a really good coach and team. He has only won one SB and taken his team to the playoffs every year he has been in the league. ;)

Seriously, the only knock on him that is even legit, is he doesn't put up massive passing yardage on a regular basis. They don't get it, HE DOESN'T HAVE TOO!! Game manager?? YEAH, so was Griese, Starr, and Unitas!! When will they learn??
obiken
Legacy

Postby obiken » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:03 pm

Serious question folks, can you remember a game where HE lost it, where it was on him and not a team break down?? Darned if I can. Maybe the Ram game 2 weeks ago.
obiken
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:46 pm

His first game against the Rams was HORRID. There's been others, where his play hasn't been that bad, but nothing close to good either ( mediocre in other words).

That said anyone who thinks any QB is always great every game shouldn't be aloud to discuss the sport. Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Favre, Manning, Montana etc ALL had clunkers. That's part of football.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:57 pm

Favre threw 6 ints in a playoff game vs the Rams.

I saw where Pete Prissyco said much the same, russ is a 2nd tier guy. He bagged on him for a couple of the plays in the 9ers game including saying the TD pass to Graham could have been thrown without the rollout and he also showed a still photo of an open receiver on a play where Russ took a sack.
Every QB misses open guys, not to mention a still photo does nothing unless its from the QBs vantage point. Was there a throwing lane? Was his vision blocked by a defender.

The criticism of a guy who threw for over 4000 yards, 30 + TD's. a league high QBR of 110 and added on over 500 yards rushing without even trying very hard is laughable at this point but it does hack me off.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:43 pm

Every QB misses open guys, not to mention a still photo does nothing unless its from the QBs vantage point. Was there a throwing lane? Was his vision blocked by a defender.

Saw that, and thought the same thing.

Throwing lane, vision blocked, pressure coming, and so on, etc, and yeah, I'd be willing to bet there is almost literally not a single passing play in any NFL game in which a receiver is open at some point in their route without the pass coming.

It's like he was tight on a deadline so had his 8th-grade son that just started watching NFL football last year put together the article.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:03 pm

obiken wrote:Serious question folks, can you remember a game where HE lost it, where it was on him and not a team break down?? Darned if I can. Maybe the Ram game 2 weeks ago.

Not really. There's been several games where he didn't play well or where he made a momentous mistake, such as those games last year where we blew 4th quarter leads (Cincy, Carolina) and we all remember that fateful play in SB 49, but it's hard to put the blame entirely on his shoulders. But then again, we've seldom been a team that has asked our quarterback to go out and win games in the same fashion as the Packers have done with Bret Favre and Aaron Rodgers.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:43 pm

You can't put the blame on any one player or group, try as people might week in and week out.

No sport epitomizes the statement of "win as a team, lose as a team" more completely than football.

Russ has had ( and will continue to have) clunkers. Every player no matter how great does. Sometimes a person is just off.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:17 pm

Russell Wilson is a 2nd tier QB?? 23/32 309 yards 3 TD passes and 0 Picks Eat this jerk. They pay NY sports reporters!!!
obiken
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:19 pm

BUT... we all thought he shouldn't even play this week. Sit him!!! Right....
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:28 pm

Wonder if this clown's gonna man up and give Russ his due now ...
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:10 pm

Prisco hasn't, why would he?
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:59 pm

jshawaii22 wrote:BUT... we all thought he shouldn't even play this week. Sit him!!! Right....

Ok I was WRONG, OK!!
obiken
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:42 pm

Jjones84 wrote:http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-advantage-hobbled-russell-wilson-article-1.2810804

My favorite line int he whole thing was where he said that Wilson is more Batman than Superman.
Anyone who is a comic book fan knows that Batman > Superman every time. Oh sure, Superman has all the powers of a god, and Batman has no powers whatsoever, but Batman has an indomitable will, and a mind that is second to none. He ALWAYS is the guy who figures out how to defeat the big bad, and ALWAYS finds a way to win, even when it's against Superman himself!
Any smart comic book fan would bet on Batman against Superman every time.
So basically, not only does this guy know nothing about football, nothing about Russell Wilson (MVP!) he also knows nothing about Superman and Batman. Because calling Wilson Batman, really couldn't be closer to the truth, and a bigger compliment!
monkey
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:14 pm

Batman and Zorro are the only real heroes, because they do not have super powers!!
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:48 pm

I think author jr. may be rethinking his stance. If he isn't, he's dumber than he reads. LOL

That's like the fantasy dweeb saying Fortè was a "must start" today since the Hawks D gave up 104 yards and 2 TDs to Carlos last week. Context much??? 3.5 quarters of nada, ahead by 30 and Kris/Pete expected the other team to pass. Yeah, the Hawks D is suspect...queue the rushers. That's what happens when one reads the box scores and not the GAMES!
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Jjones84 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:02 pm

[/quote]Saw that, and thought the same thing.

Throwing lane, vision blocked, pressure coming, and so on, etc, and yeah, I'd be willing to bet there is almost literally not a single passing play in any NFL game in which a receiver is open at some point in their route without the pass coming.

It's like he was tight on a deadline so had his 8th-grade son that just started watching NFL football last year put together the article.[/quote]

Yeah, and also sounds like he had no idea about what he was writing. So he Googled russell wilson, read an earlier article that was slamming wilson, and then wrote his article based upon what he read. I trolled the hell out of him on twitter, haha, and implore you all to do the same. Let him know exactlywhy he is a dumbass. @MMehtaNYDN if it sounds like fun to you.
Jjones84
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:50 pm

That's what happens when one reads the box scores and not the GAMES!

Precisely.

Same with this game, to be honest- 17 points isn't an accurate representation of the dominance of the D today.

Did I read it right- they gave up TWENTY-EIGHT YARDS of total freaking offense in the 2nd half?? Holy smokes.
burrrton
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum