OT: Go Dawgs!

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

OT: Go Dawgs!

Postby jshawaii22 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:32 pm

Wow, I haven't seen a Husky team dominate a 1/2 like that in a long, long time. 23-Zippo against one of the traditionally top 10 teams the last decade.

Looks like hiring Boise's coach actually is working out. And Jake Browning is 10x the passer that Jake Locker was... Tell me again why Locker was drafted in the top 10 of the NFL? This kid's headed there if he's progressed this much from last year.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Re: OT: Go Dawgs!

Postby Jjones84 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:45 pm

Yeah. Go dawgs. Hope they can make it to the playoffs. Big bsu fan, we miss him. I'm not surprised at all Peterson is doing great, I expected it. He is 111 and 24, for a win pct of .882. Only urban Meyer at .853 and Lance leipold at .885 have better in the 11 years Peterson has been in the league. He turned Lil ol bsu into a national powerhouse. Glad he went to the Huskies. Would have been a shame to see him leave the GREAT PNW.
Jjones84
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:44 pm

Beatdown! Hope Sherm and Dougie aren't pouting over this.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:13 pm

Yay, DAWGS! #whupdacardinal
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:33 am

jshawaii22 wrote:Wow, I haven't seen a Husky team dominate a 1/2 like that in a long, long time. 23-Zippo against one of the traditionally top 10 teams the last decade.

Looks like hiring Boise's coach actually is working out. And Jake Browning is 10x the passer that Jake Locker was... Tell me again why Locker was drafted in the top 10 of the NFL? This kid's headed there if he's progressed this much from last year.

Yea, Obi can tell you about the debates I got into with the purple bloods over Jake Locker. I simply didn't see in him what they did. That's one of the great blessings we've had as a franchise is Tennessee trading up to get Locker as there was a lot of speculation that we'd be taking him if he slid to our spot in the first round or had we decided to trade up for him. Had we drafted Locker in 2011, we probably don't draft Russell Wilson the following year.

I didn't get a chance to watch yesterday's game, but the final score was impressive, particularly defensively as they shut down a Heisman Trophy hopeful. This is the first time in a long time that Udub has started out 5-0. It's nice to see one of our in state schools get back to the national stage. They travel to Oregon next week, so if they beat the Ducks, they stand a good chance of breaking into the top 5 and put themselves in the running for a playoff spot.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:21 am

Yea, Obi can tell you about the debates I got into with the purple bloods over Jake Locker. I simply didn't see in him what they did. That's one of the great blessings we've had as a franchise is Tennessee trading up to get Locker as there was a lot of speculation that we'd be taking him if he slid to our spot in the first round or had we decided to trade up for him. Had we drafted Locker in 2011, we probably don't draft Russell Wilson the following year.

I didn't get a chance to watch yesterday's game, but the final score was impressive, particularly defensively as they shut down a Heisman Trophy hopeful. This is the first time in a long time that Udub has started out 5-0. It's nice to see one of our in state schools get back to the national stage. They travel to Oregon next week, so if they beat the Ducks, they stand a good chance of breaking into the top 5 and put themselves in the running for a playoff spot.

River, 12 years straight, its been a run on WA that I cannot believe; way beyond beyond, but it ends with a thud next week. CP is the coach we alum wanted. We are going to be like the 140 lbs Child molester, up against BUBBA! 42-21 would be a really good score, I think if they could hang 70 on us they would.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:02 pm

obiken wrote:River, 12 years straight, its been a run on WA that I cannot believe; way beyond beyond, but it ends with a thud next week. CP is the coach we alum wanted. We are going to be like the 140 lbs Child molester, up against BUBBA! 42-21 would be a really good score, I think if they could hang 70 on us they would.

I wouldn't be so sure. With this win yesterday, the Huskies won't be sneaking up on anybody for the rest of the season, and Oregon has history, or at least recent history, on their side. I'm sure that WA will be favored, but I wouldn't want to lay down a whole pile of money on it. But if Washington does win, it would signal a changing of the guard in NW college football.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:25 pm

12 years since they beat "O" -- on the road. Not going to be easy. Not going to be a blowout, like yesterday.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:44 pm

jshawaii22 wrote:12 years since they beat "O" -- on the road. Not going to be easy. Not going to be a blowout, like yesterday.

Really?? Did you guys see us against the Cougs tonight? Were are talking the Cougs!
obiken
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:45 pm

obiken wrote:Really?? Did you guys see us against the Cougs tonight? Were are talking the Cougs!

Yeah, the Cougs' O can hang 60 on anybody, but only scoring 30-something on them is a bad sign. Their D is almost literally high-school level...
burrrton
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:15 pm

There is no D in O....

If the Cougs can run for 300 with a passing offense, what do people think the Huskies with a powerful line and 3 really good backs can do?
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:32 pm

The only issue is it's at their stadium. We don't play well at their stadium and haven't in a long, long time.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:58 am

obiken wrote:"12 years since they beat "O" -- on the road. Not going to be easy. Not going to be a blowout, like yesterday."

Really?? Did you guys see us against the Cougs tonight? Were are talking the Cougs!

Some teams just don't match up well, like us and the Rams. The Cougs beat Oregon last year while it's been a score of years since the Huskies have solved the riddle. If I'm a Husky, I wouldn't be reassured in the slightest over the WSU-Oregon result. They're gonna have to bring their 'A' game.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:26 am

It was a darn good weekend all around the northwest. Im nonpartisan and always root for both teams. Apple cup I pull for whoever can do the most damage in the bowls. Its good to see the teams both up. Crazy genius Leach will likely lose to an FCS team, go 1-2 and challenge for the Pac 12 like last year. WHHOOOEEE!! should be fun :D :D
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:49 am

Its good to see the teams both up. Crazy genius Leach will likely lose to an FCS team, go 1-2 and challenge for the Pac 12 like last year.

I'm a Coug, but expectations should be tempered this early- yeah, this seems to be Leach's pattern, but this was one good win. Let's wait for a run before we start talking about them as a contender.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:24 am

I'm a Coug, but expectations should be tempered this early- yeah, this seems to be Leach's pattern, but this was one good win. Let's wait for a run before we start talking about them as a contender.

Burry congrats but I don't see the Cougs beating tough teams like Utah, Wa, Stanford, or Colo. I hope I am wrong. WA looks awesome.
obiken
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:53 am

obiken wrote:Burry congrats but I don't see the Cougs beating tough teams like Utah, Wa, Stanford, or Colo. I hope I am wrong. WA looks awesome.

Well, I can see them winning or losing to virtually *anyone*.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:51 am

burrrton wrote:[

Well, I can see them winning or losing to virtually *anyone*.

^^^^^^^^THIS
If the Cougs bring their A game they can beat anyone. If they bring their C game they can get beat by FCS schools in back to back years.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:29 pm

Yea, the Cougs are a Jeykl and Hyde team, have been for decades, more so than any college or pro football team I've followed. They can go on the road and hang with a Notre Dame or Ohio State on one weekend then "Coug-it" at home to a middle of the road Big Sky team like Portland State the next. No matter what the point spread, you never want to bet for or against them.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:09 pm

70! Damn. Chris Peterson doesn't really have that level of history against the Ducks. Do you think he'll take crap for running up the score in the 2nd half?
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:35 pm

Pete and Peterson. PNW football gods. WOW!
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Jjones84 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:08 am

Hawk Sista wrote:Pete and Peterson. PNW football gods. WOW!

Great couple of weeks, to get to see two teams from the GREAT PNW stomp stanford, wow. I also have to bring up my broncos. With Houston losing, might get to one of the new years bowl games. Proud of petersen too, dropping 70 is a huge statement. Let's go dawgs!
Jjones84
Legacy

Postby Jjones84 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:16 am

jshawaii22 wrote:70! Damn. Chris Peterson doesn't really have that level of history against the Ducks. Do you think he'll take crap for running up the score in the 2nd half?

I hate when teams throw a fit about running the score up. Stop them if you don't like it. How many times do we have to see a team lose because they "turn it off." As we all know, football is as much a game of emotion and momentum, as anything. We have watched our hawks come back on 19 teams in the fourth since 2012. Can happen to any team, even a 35 point lead going into the second half isn't safe.
Jjones84
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:35 am

The Huskies are officially back. That drubbing officially announced a changing of the guard in northwest college football. Along with their recent improvements to their stadium, the Dogs have put themselves ahead of the Ducks in terms of the most desirable college football program in the region.

It should also be noted that the Cougs drilled Stanford yesterday, too, solidifying themselves as the 3rd best college football team in the state.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:26 pm

RD, that's classic... Cougs are the third best team in the State...
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:09 pm

jshawaii22 wrote:RD, that's classic... Cougs are the third best team in the State...

Yea, I have some good Coug friends that I've been teasing unmercifully ever since my alma mater EWU beat them on their home turf. No matter how good they play the rest of the season, any chance I get they'll be getting an ear full from me about losing to my Eagles, who BTW also won yesterday.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:15 pm

RiverDog wrote:Yea, I have some good Coug friends that I've been teasing unmercifully ever since my alma mater EWU beat them on their home turf. No matter how good they play the rest of the season, any chance I get they'll be getting an ear full from me about losing to my Eagles, who BTW also won yesterday.

Didn't you say they were kinda dicks about the Cougs? Seems almost better WSU keeps winning if so- makes it harder for them to just resign themselves to a bad season, making your needling more effective. :)
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:42 pm

burrrton wrote:Didn't you say they were kinda dicks about the Cougs? Seems almost better WSU keeps winning if so- makes it harder for them to just resign themselves to a bad season, making your needling more effective. :)

LOL! You have a good memory, burr. The real dick head Coug that once organized a golf outing years ago and managed to insult several of us doesn't work with me anymore, he's at another facility. Those Cougs I currently work with, including my manager, are good guys but nevertheless are targets of my trash talking.

BTW, we have a Packer's fan at work, too, and he thought he had me last year when the Packers beat us early in the regular season. With a number of my fellow 12's around me on the Monday morning after the game, he asked if I watched SNF the night before (which we lost to the Pack) and without missing a beat, I said "No, I watched the replay of last year's NFC Championship game. Wanna know how that one came out?"
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:48 pm

Can we drop all the Doggie poo poo, I am getting tired of hearing it.
obiken
Legacy

Postby ACES 13 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:55 pm

obiken wrote:Can we drop all the Doggie poo poo, I am getting tired of hearing it.
Suck it up Obi. Dawgs have suffered long enough! Bow Down!!! :)
ACES 13
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:31 pm

Huskies are #4 nationally and they deserve it now if Ohio st. and Alabama would lose then we could taste the #1 seed

GO HUSKIES !!!!!!
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:24 pm

On "College Football Today" they showed a chart that history says after 6 weeks (1/2of the college season) 3 of the top 4 will lose at least one game between now and the end of the year....

And another chart showed only Clemson with a better computer 'prediction' on the odds of being the ONE undefeated team at the end of the year. Clemson 37% and the Dawgs at 35! Alabama, due to there SEC schedule has the worst odds at 7%.

So... that means the Pac12 must really suck this year. Maybe the Cougs can get a decent bowl game. They could end the year with only 3 losses.
Has that happened in a couple of decades?
Last edited by jshawaii22 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:08 am

I'm not sure which game the computer model has them losing to, but they have a really weak remaining schedule. The only ranked team they have left is #21 Utah, who hasn't played a ranked opponent this season, and of course, they have the Apple Cup in Pullman, but they should be favored to win that one, and they'd have the Pac 12 Championship game, of which they would host. I'm not saying that it's going to happen, but they're well set to have a perfect season at least up until the playoffs.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:49 am

Huskies barely beat Arizona on the road, so as with any college game, any of the road games could be a stumbling block. But, if the play like the last 2 games, should be a breeze to the end.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:13 pm

jshawaii22 wrote:Huskies barely beat Arizona on the road, so as with any college game, any of the road games could be a stumbling block. But, if the play like the last 2 games, should be a breeze to the end.

They have Utah, the only ranked team left on their schedule, and WSU in the Apple Cup as their two toughest road games left. Any other loss, say Oregon State, would be a huge upset.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:46 pm

So does Clemson drop? Squeak out a win ( at home, in OT, in a game that they shouldn't have even gotten to OT) against an unranked 4-2 team...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:35 pm

No team on the East Coast will lose votes to a team on a "bye" -- no matter how they won or lost, and they should of lost.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:58 pm

I know... It was just a little snark.. Two top four teams had to go to OT to win their games, neither will drop, though IMHO it has zero to do with the bye, and everything to do with what coast the Huskies call home.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:21 pm

Marshawn on the Golf Cart. Huskies demolishing Cal... what a night. UDub vs. the Cougs is going to be the toughest ticket to get in a long, long, time over in Pullman.

js
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:31 am

jshawaii22 wrote:Marshawn on the Golf Cart. Huskies demolishing Cal... what a night. UDub vs. the Cougs is going to be the toughest ticket to get in a long, long, time over in Pullman.

It's shaping up that way, but both teams have tough games left before Apple Cup (UW vs USC at home, WSU at Colorado).

I have a lot of well-connected friends here in town, though, that think it's almost a sure-thing that Gameday will be in Pullman (finally) unless they both collapse. Would be a cool thing for WSU, considering the deal with the flag and all (which, if you haven't read about it, you should- it's pretty impressive).
burrrton
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum