Where's the J-e-t-s, game thread?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Where's the J-e-t-s, game thread?

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:40 am

We went to the "prevent" defense and all we did is let the Jets march down the field and get a TD. Kris Richard needs to emulate our previous DC's. I want pressure on the QB!!!
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:44 am

RW running the ball, STUPID play call. Now we have to punt. Darrell Bevell can be so good yet so BAD.

Time for our defense to STEP UP!!!
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Jjones84 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:47 am

Loving our o line so far. That sack was kinda on russ. They aren't running well, but no one does against the jets. They rank 3rd against the rush.
Jjones84
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:57 am

REFS??!! Missed facemask..keepin it tight....
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:14 pm

Joe Thomas.....
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:25 pm

Its stupid to keep going to him, Sherm is loving the attention!
obiken
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:29 pm

TD CM is mr. backup!!
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:30 pm

I'm totally surprised the obvious catch was ruled a catch. Lots of very strange officiating.

#GoHawks TD
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby nlbmsportin » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:36 pm

So I think Wilson's injuries may "help" him going forward. Not only does he get a better feel for his body, but he's consistently climbing the pocket against a great Jets front and helping his O-Line. If teams know he can't run, they rush him like a pocket QB, which means he has room to step up almost every time. Oh and C-Mike is doing exactly what he needs to. Hope Spiller can get even more acclimated and give the offense another dimension.
nlbmsportin
Legacy

Postby Jjones84 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:21 pm

Well, if cards win we have sole possession of first place. So against everything I stand for, go cards I guess. Man, what a game. I think our o line answered some questons today. Go Hawks.
Jjones84
Legacy

Postby Jjones84 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:23 pm

nlbmsportin wrote:So I think Wilson's injuries may "help" him going forward. Not only does he get a better feel for his body, but he's consistently climbing the pocket against a great Jets front and helping his O-Line. If teams know he can't run, they rush him like a pocket QB, which means he has room to step up almost every time. Oh and C-Mike is doing exactly what he needs to. Hope Spiller can get even more acclimated and give the offense another dimension.

Spiller looked great. He looked insanely fast on that run, and great job on td. I am excited about him, plus I bet the jets asses are chapped even more because we stole him from em.
Jjones84
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:35 pm

Well said
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:39 pm

Line looked solid and good against yet another excellent front. Solid, solid, solid play overall.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:44 pm

Great road win.
That strip-sack-turned-fumble-recovery-for-a-TD by the Jets reminded me of the weird crap that would occur in Seahawk games years ago, lol, but the outcome was determined at that point.

We kept momentum going throughout the game. That was key. Jets were moving the ball, but could not keep up.

It's amazing how early points really energize our guys - that's how it works for everybody, I know, but especially us.

CJ Spiller - Wow! Did not think he would be contributing this much right away.

C-Mike - No layoff, hard nose running today and a nice reception for TD.

Defense - really only gave up 10 legit points, with that fumble making this game look more competitive than it was.

Overall - A Big road win, as they all are. I was concerned - and really in favor of - sitting RW to let him recover more. Of course, he has his best game so far this young season. Too bad I benched him this week in fantasy ( in favor of Dalton Thursday night, ha).
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:08 pm

I did the same for Brees in my league. Just how it goes ( had Wilson starting against Rams, while Brees dropped 40 points).
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:09 pm

Jjones84 wrote:Well, if cards win we have sole possession of first place. So against everything I stand for, go cards I guess. Man, what a game. I think our o line answered some questons today. Go Hawks.

Doubtful, the Cards aren't who many thought they were...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:39 pm

Here's all we need to concentrate on for the next 2 weeks:

28 - 37 / 503 yards and 4 TD's for Matt Ryan

12 receptions for 300 yards and a TD for Julio Jones --

The "D" better be on top of their game and that means the way you played in the 2nd half today, Mr. Richard Sherman...

\
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Jjones84 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:25 pm

They are playing great. But they also have played some of the worst defenses in the league. The Raiders gave up over 1000 yds their first game and second against the falcons combined. Saints d is ranked 29th and Carolina is 19th in pts allowed.

I'm not saying they aren't for real, I know Julio is for real, but he was going against rookie corners and just not a very good secondary in carolina. We saw this story last year, went 5 and 0 against inferior d, then imploded because of a bad o line the rest of the way. I'm not too sure they are for real yet as a team. I don't think they did much to fix that o line. And their defense is not that good at all. They are ranked 22 against the rush, 29 against the pass and 28 in poimts allowed. They are benefiting from the offense controlling the game. This will be a good game for our o line to get back going after the bye. It will build confidence as well.
Jjones84
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:13 pm

Jjones84 wrote:They are playing great. But they also have played some of the worst defenses in the league. The Raiders gave up over 1000 yds their first game and second against the falcons combined. Saints d is ranked 29th and Carolina is 19th in pts allowed.

I'm not saying they aren't for real, I know Julio is for real, but he was going against rookie corners and just not a very good secondary in carolina. We saw this story last year, went 5 and 0 against inferior d, then imploded because of a bad o line the rest of the way. I'm not too sure they are for real yet as a team. I don't think they did much to fix that o line. And their defense is not that good at all. They are ranked 22 against the rush, 29 against the pass and 28 in poimts allowed. They are benefiting from the offense controlling the game. This will be a good game for our o line to get back going after the bye. It will build confidence as well.

These guys know I am the gloomer on this site, but I really think we have turned the corner. With JG at TE to split coverage and open up the running game, I think we are home. We have to beat the Rams at home, we should lose to the Pats there, but the rest of the games are winnable with our offense and defense.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:38 pm

Jimmy G is a monster...in the best of ways. RW is who Bears fans wished Cutler was....we look good. It's early yet, but damn...the Hawks look good.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:02 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:Jimmy G is a monster...in the best of ways. RW is who Bears fans wished Cutler was....we look good. It's early yet, but damn...the Hawks look good.

This^^^^
They look scary good. Graham is playing amazing especially considering the type of injury he suffered.He looks as good as ever and the best ever as a seahawk.
I blew my left patella 17 years ago and its never been the same. Victor Cruz missed almost 2 seasons with a patella.
They look championship caliber without a doubt. They get a week of then the matchup with the surprising south leaders Atlanta. Welcome to the legion of Boom and the Clink Matty Ice and Julio Jones. Welcome back to the opposing sidelines Mr Quinn.
I like our chances.
One minor quibble and I don't know if its been discussed. What the hell was PC and Bevell doing throwing the ball around stopping the clock and getting more hits on Russ when ET got the pick with under 5 minutes and NY with only one TO? I guess it gave Hauschka a chance at a 50+ kick and Sherm another pick but I was a little worked up over that couple of late series.

Minor details. GO HAWKS!!!!!!
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Jjones84 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:04 am

[/quote]
Thanks, I am negative at times, but never Fairweather.[/quote]
I can be negative as well. The problem there is that there is soooooo many people that the negative people are the ones with the voice. You will literally have to read 20 or 30 negative comments to get to 1 positive. And that wouldn't be a problem so much, but it is the most irrational, knee jerk stuff you would ever imagine. Just chicken little bs as I like to call it. We are talking, wanting to fire all the coaches. They were calling for the defense to broken up, because they are "too old." Those are just two examples of many. It felt like half of them wanted us to do poorly, so they could wag their finger and say "I told you so." I could type all day and not capture accurately the ridiculousness of it all. And a lot of it started after week one, when we were 1 and 0. They were just ready to throw in the towel. Even suggesting we flop to get good draft picks. I went back and was reading their forums yesterday. Surprise, surprise, all is good. They are proclaiming their loyalty, and it makes me water to puke. Not all of them are this way, but the ones that aren't seem to not have a voice.

I love it here. It is a completely different atmosphere. It just sux to have to start over as a rookie poster, lol. But, there always has to be a voice of reason, and I'm sure that is your position, not so much as a negative person. Even if, it isn't the same, I assure you. You are a true fan. Not a bandwagoneer. Go Hawks
Jjones84
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:15 pm

Welcome, Jjones84 - it is always nice to have another opinion.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Jjones84 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:27 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:Welcome, Jjones84 - it is always nice to have another opinion.

Right on sista, have plenty of those, lol.
Jjones84
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:02 pm

GOOD! :D
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum