"No E" may have a torn PCL

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

"No E" may have a torn PCL

Postby burrrton » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:35 pm

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/footba ... -torn-pcl/

For the record, this is a trickier injury than RW's MCL- cruciate ligaments are a bit trickier to brace (I think), and they're required to take pressure on them in the normal range of movement (if my A&P isn't failing me, which is entirely possible).

He's got two weeks to heal, but this is much more one of the types of injuries that is more at risk of being further injured if he plays on it (which, along with it possibly being a more serious sprain, would explain why he's played virtually not at all on the injury).
burrrton
Legacy

Re: "No E" may have a torn PCL

Postby Zorn76 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:09 pm

They can't risk it - the kid is way too important long term to be putting him out on the field now. His absence will sting, but you absolutely sit him and allow the PCL to fully heal before allowing him to play again.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:29 pm

It would depend on the severity of the tear, wouldn't it?
Some players play all season long with similar injuries and considering he made some big plays on it, the injury might not be that great.
But what do I know...
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby PTHawker » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:23 pm

I don't know, if it was that serious, I doubt he's returning (punts?).
Hard to speculate since there hasn't really been any mention of it.

OK I saw where Baldwin said something.. Not sure what to make of it though.
PTHawker
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:10 pm

Another viable reason for the Spiller signing... Though I know I saw him returning punts last week. They haven't targeted him in the passing game ( 0 in SF game and I can't recall much if any in the Jets game) I promise they WOULD have if he was fully healthy. The most explosive player on offense.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:07 pm

I don't know, if it was that serious, I doubt he's returning (punts?).

To be clear, I'm not saying it's a more severe injury (I have no idea- the team hasn't announced anything that I'm aware of)- just that if what ADB said is true and it's a PCL sprain of some degree, that's a riskier injury to play with (bracing necessarily restricts movement iirc, and so on).

In other words, all my admonitions to relax about RW's Grade 1 MCL don't apply to Lockett's PCL sprain of undetermined severity.

That's all.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:29 pm

My experience with how the Seahawks treat injured players is generally "very carefully. I don't have a lot of experience with pcls but years ago I was dealing with a lot of knee swelling. I couldn't think of any specific injury so of course I put off going to the dr. By the time I did go there was no apparent injury. The dr speculated pcl and he told me at that time it's one of those injuries people often don't even know they have. Obviously Lockett is treated with much more care, but it seems to me if he is playing on it it is probably very low grade. He may be dealing with swelling or some other issues.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:43 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Another viable reason for the Spiller signing... Though I know I saw him returning punts last week. They haven't targeted him in the passing game ( 0 in SF game and I can't recall much if any in the Jets game) I promise they WOULD have if he was fully healthy. The most explosive player on offense.

I saw that. I thought that Paul Richardson was our other PR/KR. Is Spiller the better returner or are they being cautious with Richardson?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:44 pm

Spiller returns Kickoffs ( he can return punts but has for the most parts pretty much been used in kick returns).. I think Richardson has had a few returns on both punts and Kicks, though there's questions about his ball security ( or at least I believe that was the question a few years ago, not sure if those questions still linger).

Either way, they have been extremely careful with Lockett since the injury against the Rams, a limited amount of PR, no kickoff returns, no targets to speak of.... I do wonder if they actually let it come out after the bye, giving him time to heal, and hoping defenses will pay less attention after the break when he's closer to healthy.

I have little doubt his role in this offense was going to be HUGE before the injury, not sure how long it will take before they take the reins off with the injury..
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum