Don't You Just Love That Richard Sherman is a Seahawk?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Don't You Just Love That Richard Sherman is a Seahawk?

Postby savvyman » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:00 pm

I have been saying for three years that Sherman will be a great NFL coach one day - more than likely for the Seahawks.

>>>>>Sherman said his initial issue – which he was still expressing forcefully in the locker room after the game — was over a miscommunication of the coverage on the Jones’ play. It was nearly a year ago to the day that miscommunication on coverages led to a late touchdown pass by Carolina’s Cam Newton that beat the Seahawks at CenturyLink Field.

“We should have never gave them points,” Sherman said. “We could have stopped them. We could have held them to nothing. They scored on blown coverages. It’s frustrating.”<<<<<<<<<

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/richard-sherman-meltdown-seahawks-say-theyll-push-through-it-and-stay-on-course/
savvyman
Legacy

Re: Don't You Just Love That Richard Sherman is a Seahawk?

Postby obiken » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:24 am

Savvy my Brother said that KC is the glue that holds this defense together. JJ getting wide open if his plays? Maybe. A TE getting wide open if KC plays? Not a chance.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:01 am

I'm glad Sherman's pissed. He should be. Our defense sucked like never before in that 3rd quarter. Matt Ryan is a solid QB and Julio Jones one of if not the best WR in the game, and you don't give those guys one opportunity let alone two due to busted coverages. It was a wake up call that eventually didn't cost us a thing.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:40 am

obiken wrote:Savvy my Brother said that KC is the glue that holds this defense together. JJ getting wide open if his plays? Maybe. A TE getting wide open if KC plays? Not a chance.

Our D definitely (at least in the backfield) doesn't communicate as well when Kam is not in there ... for whatever ever reason, it's a fact.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:01 am

c_hawkbob wrote:Our D definitely (at least in the backfield) doesn't communicate as well when Kam is not in there ... for whatever ever reason, it's a fact.

Honest question/statement: Wasn't Kam in there last year in our regular season game with the Panthers when we had that breakdown vs. Carolina that left Greg Olsen wide open and allowed to go untouched into the end zone?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:27 pm

Yes..... Kam was back by the Panther game last year, RD, but his protracted absence had a lingering impact on the team. It lost us the Ram game (IMHO) and the D did not gel until the mid-point of the year. We did, however, have continued issues with the underneath stuff and TEs going off on us all year. That was not unique to Greg Olsen or that loss. Kam was there for all but the first two games.

While I appreciate Sherm's frustration, I really think he is too caught up in stats and being the best D corner on the best D...that shows in stat lines. We were still ahead when he lost his marbles and IMHO, that was a two-TD meltdown. I also did NOT like him calling out Kelcie McCray in the post game presser. I would have been more impressed (and frankly, more confident going forward) had Sherm say "we had several miscommunications that cost us in that game. Thankfully, we rose above that, got a pick and stopped them in the final two minutes to get a needed win. I'm looking forward to working with my teammates to correct the mistakes we made today in the 3rd Q. We are a better team than that and it eventually showed..." Or some such thing. blaming coverages and teammates and not being able to get re-routed more quickly worries me. Love Our Brothers....that means you stand with them and not blame them at the mic. IMHO

Sherm is still one of my faves. I love his game and think he is a great guy - on and off the field. His words disappointed me more so than his play did yesterday. #25 #goHawks
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:37 pm

Yep, the most disappointing thing to me was naming McCray... I was honestly shocked he did that.... Where did the "we are the LOB" thing go? Leave that crap to guys like Newton and ODB Sherm, you're better than that....

To be honest, he didn't need to say it, most figured that out pretty quickly ( Lynch's insistance of something else not with standing)... Truth is it didn't need to be done. It isn't like people in Seattle, or even media talking heads are all of a sudden going to start calling him trash if he made a mistake on a play ( or even two). No reason to even address who's mistake it was.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:10 pm

I was also surprised he called Kelcie by name. It does sound like throwing him under the bus, but I'll give Sherman the benefit of the doubt in that he meant that the group needs to take responsibility to make sure everyone is communicating properly. That goes on Sherm, Earl, and Kam. I hope that's what he meant!
I-5
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:29 pm

Good point, I-5. I had the same thought about communication in general vs. pushing McCray in front of a bus. Irrespective of his intentions, it "sounded" like the latter to most people and it just wasn't necessary.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:14 pm

His outburst was well timed and served good purpose. I think it did help shape everybody up, and in the long run will not affect his relationship with DC Rich.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:05 pm

What I was loving about Richard Sherman is that his competitiveness, championship mindset and intensity is as bright & hot as it ever was.

These kind of players are rare and will lead other players to championships.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:11 pm

I thought Shead put it very well. "The guys on this team have very high standards."

Kelcie didn't just get off the bus. He knows what is expected and he knows that the starters work very hard with him to make sure he is prepared. He had starter reps all week. To his credit, I think he handled the situation very well. I think many would have understood if he had lashed out as well, and to his credit he didn't.

As far as Richard, we have all seen the passion he plays with. Yes, I would have taken a different approach but Richard is Richard and he has to do it the way he does it. No one else was going to be on Sportcenter all week if they got lit up by their guy.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:39 am

blaming coverages and teammates and not being able to get re-routed more quickly worries me.

This. It doesn't feel like something I'd expect to see from a team with strong leadership. It feels too much like a mini meltdown. Or something.

Not saying I've lost all confidence in this D, or that I think there *isn't* strong leadership- this just seems uncharacteristic.

I guess we'll see on Sunday.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:12 am

Richard is fantastic and a fave, as I've said. It "felt" like he has gotten into the stat-line and being statistically the best D ever. Allowing more points/yards to the Niners and Falcons pissed him off. If he is fueled by this passion, great. If he gets distracted by stat lines over wins, that's a problem. Players seem to believe it's a good thing; I hope they are right as they
Don't need to manufacture distractions. One. Game. At. A. Time.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:44 am

I'd be worried if this was the first time we've seen them like this, but they've been like that since the nucleus was formed - a bunch of no-name, junkyard dogs, as Sherman once described their unit. We've seen Bennett and Kam jawing on the sidelines just as much as Sherman, but bottom line is, they all back up their talk on the field, so everyone respects them. They always seem able to pull it together when it counts. That's leadership to me,
I-5
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:35 pm

No real disagreement, I-5, but for me, it wasn't the jawing on the sideline that jarred me, but rather that it didn't seem to get left there.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:43 pm

Here's a little "Don't you just love the Michael Bennett is a Seahawk" link that I didn't think was worth its own thread, too:

http://www.seahawks.com/video/2016/10/1 ... tuce-wraps

Love it (and love lettuce wraps!).
burrrton
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:30 pm

I-5 wrote:I'd be worried if this was the first time we've seen them like this, but they've been like that since the nucleus was formed - a bunch of no-name, junkyard dogs, as Sherman once described their unit. We've seen Bennett and Kam jawing on the sidelines just as much as Sherman, but bottom line is, they all back up their talk on the field, so everyone respects them. They always seem able to pull it together when it counts. That's leadership to me,

This could turn out to be a better defense then the 2013 team.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:31 pm

My friend who is a Fins fan hates Sherman, but he added with a smile, I would love him if he were on my team.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Jjones84 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:03 am

I know I love the guy, but admit I probably would hate him if he wasn't a hawk. I hope he, and all of the other chore players will be hawks for life. I don't know if I fully appreciate how many future H.O.F players may actually be on this roster. I know this d gets a lot of love, but not nearly as much as is deserved. 15 to 20 years from now, this d will be legendary. 85 bears, 02 ravens, they did it for one season. The steel curtain had sustained success, but didn't have fee agency to contend with. These guys are going for 5 in a row, in the free agency era. What we are witnessing right now, with our team, may never be accomplished again. Man, I love this team. I love every seahawk team to ever step on the field. Some were pretty bad too. But as a lifelong hawks fanatic, I have been waiting my whole life for this team. When we were watching some of the 80's and 90s teams, did you ever think we would say that along with the pats, we would dominate the league for an entire decade, and counting. Excluding those couple of years between the holmgren and pc years that is.
Jjones84
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum