Michael's Brain Farts

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Michael's Brain Farts

Postby RiverDog » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:15 am

I absolutely love the way Michael runs the ball. He fights for extra yardage just like Beast used to and overall has done great job in his second stint with us. But the guy has absolutely no situational awareness. There was a play yesterday where he could have gotten an easy first down by lowering his head like he's done on many occasions but on this one, he pulls up and goes out of bounds a yard or so short. Then on the flea flicker, he stands around with his thumb up his ass watching Russell scramble around instead of looking for someone to block. On another play, he dances around looking for a big play when all he needed was a yard or two.

I used to think that his brain farts were due to an arrogance or sense of entitlement, but I've become convinced that the guy is just plain stupid, at least as far as a football IQ is concerned. Had I not known better, I would have thought that he'd changed uniforms and was the returner for Atlanta that fair caught a punt on his own 2.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Michael's Brain Farts

Postby Agent 86 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:57 pm

Lol, a little harsh RD, but I do agree about the couple plays you mentioned as I remember seeing them and thinking "why did he do that FFS??"

He needs to be more aware for sure, and I am sure he will be coached up on it. I still shudder a bit at his aggressiveness at times when an extra yard will mean nothing and he risks fumbling (it's gonna happen), while other times when he needs that yard he goes laterally or misses the hole.

And yeah, who fair catches a ball at their own 2 yard line? That is stupid!
Agent 86
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:20 pm

There were a couple times I noticed the same thing...the 1st down (or at a minimum...more yardage) was there for the taking, but he just dove early or didn't' make that extra little effort. Easy for me to say on my comfy couch, but there were at least 5 times I was left wondering WTF he was doing (or not doing). I think he gets over-amped; I also think he is working very hard to learn and grow, which he has ... but damn.

One slight disagreement, RD... While he does a lot of spinning, has a lot of speed and hits the hole quickly, he doesn't fight for every inch the way Beast Mode did. In fact, I've never personally watched anyone get 5+ yards after contact with the sheer strength and determination the way Lynch did. This is more about giving the proper respect to #24 rather than diminishing the accomplishments of CM.

As an aside, the running game was a bit of disappointment yesterday. Spiller wasn't nearly as good as he was against the JETS...I'm thinking the running game will improve when: RW improves and Rawls gets back. My .02
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:16 pm

I'll be ecstatic when Rawls comes back, so long as it's the Rawls we watched last season, and not the one averaging 1 yard a carry this year. I'm hoping it's just knocking off the rust, but some times players just are never the same after getting hurt a couple of times....

Really, I just want the best back on the field, those first two games that was clearly Micheal. Be nice to have an actual 1 /2 punch that's viable ( to be fair Collins dance, dance tackled had a very nice goal line run. First nice run I've seen out of him) Spiller could be a very nice addition if he starts catching the Damn ball!... Three drops CJ? Really?
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:43 am

Agent 86 wrote:Lol, a little harsh RD, but I do agree about the couple plays you mentioned as I remember seeing them and thinking "why did he do that FFS??"

He needs to be more aware for sure, and I am sure he will be coached up on it. I still shudder a bit at his aggressiveness at times when an extra yard will mean nothing and he risks fumbling (it's gonna happen), while other times when he needs that yard he goes laterally or misses the hole.

And yeah, who fair catches a ball at their own 2 yard line? That is stupid!

I'm not sure Michael's problem is coachable. You either have it (situational awareness) or not. Even in Pee Wee football, players are aware of basic things like down and distance. You learn it at an early age, and this isn't like it's Michael's first rodeo. It's like coaching someone on how to ride a bicycle. It comes naturally after a very basic understanding of the game. Some people's minds just have this propensity to go into vapor lock.

The fair catch on the 2 by the Falcon's punt returner is another example. You stand on the 10 yard line and if it's over your head, you let it go. Pretty basic, we got taught that in jr. high. If a guy has to be told not to make that catch, I don't know what the hell they're doing playing NFL football.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:46 am

As a huge CMike fan, I gotta agree with part of your criticism, Riv. He defintely needs to keep improving his awareness and smarts, and TOUGHNESS. My own criticism of CM is that he starts going horizontal as soon as he gets hit, when he could learn how to stay vertical longer the way Marshawn was so excellent at.

I didn't see the missed block, but will take your word for it. He needs to keep learning. I still think he can and will be a top 5 back in the league.
Last edited by I-5 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I-5
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:57 am

After his fumble in LA trying to get more yardage, I would suggest that part of what you are seeing is his commitment to taking care of the ball first and foremost.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:13 pm

NorthHawk wrote:After his fumble in LA trying to get more yardage, I would suggest that part of what you are seeing is his commitment to taking care of the ball first and foremost.

Disagree. When he came up 1 yard short on a play to the sidelines, he had to know that even if he did fumble, his momentum would carry it out of bounds. Plus it doesn't explain why on the flea flicker play, he was standing around like a spectator instead of looking for someone to block. He had another short yardage situation where he could have lowered his head and hit a crease and gotten the first down (I think it was the play prior to Pete's 4th and one decision to punt). All he had to do was to put his head down and dive for the daylight.

Michael has a difficult time multi tasking, which is the politically correct way of saying that he can't walk and chew gum at the same time.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby SalmonBB » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:22 pm

River,

With you all the way on this. I was screaming at the TV every time he did something that seemed boneheaded. The worst was the 3rd down and 3 - I believe in the 3rd Qtr when our defense was starting to struggle - and he moves forward for 2, could easily fall forward for the extra yard and the first down, but instead elects to do his East-West-East "juke" as if he's searching for the bigger play. And, as happens most of the time with the horizontal jukes, "East" is closely followed by "tackle."

I don't want to call him "stupid." If he is "stupid," then that isn't his fault. But I believe that no matter what his football IQ is, he should be able to be coached on what he needs to be aware of when its 3rd and short - what his role is.

I did notice that after that play, he did some more N-S running ... possibly after being coached to do so ... even though one of those was way south.

I will add, he wasn't the only one doing boneheaded things. I was yelling at RW when he had nothing but green for what seemed 20 yards either direction, could have run 5 yards for the first down - even with his injuries - and instead he tries to thread the ball downfield into coverage. I got it, he's injured ... but if he's mobile into the flats, I think he could have moved forward for 5. I wouldn't normally mention this, and I chalk this one up as just a bad call by RW (everyone makes 'em). But I felt I had to add it to be fair in my criticism of C-Mike. Thinking back ... maybe C-Mike just had a few bad decisions, as well ... and its nothing more than that.

Now I feel a little dirty. C-Mike, RW ... I'm with you guys now. Just had to get that off my chest.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
Last edited by SalmonBB on Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SalmonBB
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:43 pm

4 and 1 Baby! Go Hawks!!!!
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:31 pm

From Pro Football Focus:

>>>>>RB Christine Michael did his best with the little running room his offensive line gave him on Sunday. The former Texas A&M Aggie compiled 58 of his 64 yards on the ground after contact, while also recording 3 missed tackles. The elusive Michael ranks 8th among all running backs with 2.93 yards after contact per attempt.<<<<<<<
savvyman
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:22 pm

savvyman wrote:From Pro Football Focus:

>>>>>RB Christine Michael did his best with the little running room his offensive line gave him on Sunday. The former Texas A&M Aggie compiled 58 of his 64 yards on the ground after contact, while also recording 3 missed tackles. The elusive Michael ranks 8th among all running backs with 2.93 yards after contact per attempt.<<<<<<<

His stat line isn't the point. The point is that he's not playing smart football, and that's something that can't be quantified.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:25 am

Uh Oh.
You mean the "Eye Test"?
:shock:
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:05 am

NorthHawk wrote:Uh Oh.
You mean the "Eye Test"?
:shock:

LOL! Do you think I'm a closet 49'ers fan?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:32 pm

Eh, to date he is the best back Seattle can run out there this year... I'll take production with an occasional moment of lost football awareness, over mentally being aware every play without production every day, and twice on gameday.

Carroll addressed it and talked some about it today, they talked to him and "coached him up on it" , we'll see if it sticks or not.

Either way, do you see a better option on this team right now? I sure don't ( and that includes a healthy Rawls, at least if it's the version we watched produce zilch the first few games). Ultimately, you play the "best" most productive player, which so far is Micheal, by a mile.... Not bad for a guy who some claimed was not making the team and was merely a camp body.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:16 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Eh, to date he is the best back Seattle can run out there this year... I'll take production with an occasional moment of lost football awareness, over mentally being aware every play without production every day, and twice on gameday.

Carroll addressed it and talked some about it today, they talked to him and "coached him up on it" , we'll see if it sticks or not.

Either way, do you see a better option on this team right now? I sure don't ( and that includes a healthy Rawls, at least if it's the version we watched produce zilch the first few games). Ultimately, you play the "best" most productive player, which so far is Micheal, by a mile.... Not bad for a guy who some claimed was not making the team and was merely a camp body.

I'm glad to hear that Pete and the brain trust saw what we saw and have taken steps to coach him up, if that's even possible. Some of this stuff is so basic that I have to believe that either you're born with it or you're not.

I was never suggesting that we bench him in favor of an available player, quite the contrary, I started out the discussion by complementing his play. Having said that, I'll take what a healthy Rawls gave us last year vs. what Michael is giving us this year. Whether or not Rawls can return to his 2015 form is an open question.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:32 pm

I was screaming at the TV when Micheal did that. With the dropped balls and Russ missing a wide open Lockett I was screaming a lot.
I like Mike. He still learning. This is what? His 7th career start? I love his explosive speed and power. He lacks vision and patience but it will come.

He reminds me of a poor mans Hershel Walker. Not the most fluid runner but a big powerful extremely fast man.
He is capable of housing it every time he touches it and I think we will see more of those as he settles in.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:16 am

It's funny but, I read RDs comments the agent's and had a very different reaction.
I didn't think RD went nearly far enough!
Unlike Rd, I don't love the way he runs, I don't think he does nearly enough to get extra yardage, he often goes out of bounds when a little effort would have gotten the needed yard or two for the first, and his boneheaded okay really hasn't changed at all. He still does the same dumb things he always has.
Rawls is simply a much better back. Period.
I don't get what people are seeing with him honestly, our run game stinks right now and while it's not all his fault, a big part of it is. He's quick to the hole (so is Rawls), and he cuts well, his athleticism is obvious, but that's about all he's got going for him.
monkey
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:00 am

Not exactly sure what you're seeing then.... Sounds a lot like you're channeling your inner Prisco or something. Micheal averages 4.4 yards a carry, has 6 TDs, is 8th in the league in yards after contact and routinely "succeeds" behind a line that Rawls "failed" behind ( 1 yard per carry this season).

It doesn't mean that Rawls can't return to last year's form, but there certainly isn't any evidence this year to claim that ( FYI ALL backs average less than 3 yards per carry behind this line EXCEPT Micheal).

This reads more like Prisco's "Wilson isn't elite, because he's to short" and less like paying attention to what is actually occurring, to defend the whole Michael is camp fodder and will be cut mantra you had after the draft statements than any type of realistic evaluation.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:01 pm

monkey wrote:It's funny but, I read RDs comments the agent's and had a very different reaction.
I didn't think RD went nearly far enough!
Unlike Rd, I don't love the way he runs, I don't think he does nearly enough to get extra yardage, he often goes out of bounds when a little effort would have gotten the needed yard or two for the first, and his boneheaded okay really hasn't changed at all. He still does the same dumb things he always has.
Rawls is simply a much better back. Period.
I don't get what people are seeing with him honestly, our run game stinks right now and while it's not all his fault, a big part of it is. He's quick to the hole (so is Rawls), and he cuts well, his athleticism is obvious, but that's about all he's got going for him.

We've all seen Michael put his head down and plow for extra yardage. He ain't no Beast, but without seeing the stats, I get the feeling that he has a pretty decent YAC number. That's not the problem. The problem is that he doesn't run smart, doesn't know when to put his head down and go north, and that goes back to what I was saying about his not having the situational awareness that comes naturally to even the youngest and most inexperienced players (except for Atlanta's punt returner).

There has to be several reasons why he was rejected by 3 teams in one season, and has to be for more than just this entitlement attitude he supposedly had. He's not playing with a full deck of cards.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:08 am

HumanCockroach wrote:Not exactly sure what you're seeing then.... Sounds a lot like you're channeling your inner Prisco or something. Micheal averages 4.4 yards a carry, has 6 TDs, is 8th in the league in yards after contact and routinely "succeeds" behind a line that Rawls "failed" behind ( 1 yard per carry this season).

It doesn't mean that Rawls can't return to last year's form, but there certainly isn't any evidence this year to claim that ( FYI ALL backs average less than 3 yards per carry behind this line EXCEPT Micheal).

This reads more like Prisco's "Wilson isn't elite, because he's to short" and less like paying attention to what is actually occurring, to defend the whole Michael is camp fodder and will be cut mantra you had after the draft statements than any type of realistic evaluation.

I just told you what I'm seeing.
To clarify, I see some improvement, but I also see way too many of the exact same things I've always seen with him.
He still refuses to switch hands with the ball, he still out-runs his blocking, rather than being patient, and too often, he still runs out of bounds when he ought to get the first down, etc...
That's what I'm seeing. Rawls is simply, a better running back.
Truthfully, I'm not sure what you're seeing... But I'd guess that you've got your seahawks colored glasses on when watching him.
monkey
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:42 pm

Anyone still think I'm just channeling my inner Prisco?
Face it, all the reasons the Seahawks traded and cut him are still right there for all the world to see.
He misses his assignments, he STILL hasn't learned how to carry the ball, he goes down with the slightest contact, he stinks as a blocker, he misreads his holes, he outruns his blocking, he has average at best hands, and runs poor routes.
I can't wait for him to be replaced next year by a competent running back.
More, I cannot wait for the return of Rawls, who a far, FAR, superior back in every possible way.
At least this week or looks like Procise will start ahead of Michael, thankfully.
monkey
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:28 pm

Interestingly enough, absolutely, waiting 4 weeks and the worst performance on the ground of the year, isn't strengthening your case either, regardless camp body Micheal currently top five rushing TDs, still on the team, and I might add, to date, the best RB on the roster ( and yep that includes Rawls, despite your inability to accept it. Outperformed Rawls when playing, and actually PLAYING which is kind of a BIG deal. That's not to say I don't want Rawls to outperform Micheal, I certainly DO. He just hasn't).
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:36 pm

I'm not sure I'd agree that Michael goes down at the very first contact. After watching Beast for the past 5 years, I suppose just about anyone would appear to be going down at the first hint of contact. But I agree with monkey's basic premise, that is that Michael is a stand in at best, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Procise gets more touches and once Rawls comes back strong that we send Michael packing. Rawls of 2015 is heads and shoulders above Michael, but that's not the same Rawls we saw earlier in the season.

One of my buddies and former PI poster has a theory about our RB situation. He claims that if Rawls turns out to be a one year wonder that Beast might un-retire next season.

You heard it here first.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:45 pm

monkey wrote:Anyone still think I'm just channeling my inner Prisco?
Face it, all the reasons the Seahawks traded and cut him are still right there for all the world to see.
He misses his assignments, he STILL hasn't learned how to carry the ball, he goes down with the slightest contact, he stinks as a blocker, he misreads his holes, he outruns his blocking, he has average at best hands, and runs poor routes.
I can't wait for him to be replaced next year by a competent running back.
More, I cannot wait for the return of Rawls, who a far, FAR, superior back in every possible way.
At least this week or looks like Procise will start ahead of Michael, thankfully.

Considering we got him off the street after being cut by three teams - I am thrilled with the production he has given the team since he returned - starting with the Minnesota playoff game. It looks like Michael's is injured and this is why he is not starting?

Good News is that Kam Chancellor will be back for the Patriot game tommorow.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article114341113.html
savvyman
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:21 am

HumanCockroach wrote:Interestingly enough, absolutely, waiting 4 weeks and the worst performance on the ground of the year, isn't strengthening your case either, regardless camp body Micheal currently top five rushing TDs, still on the team, and I might add, to date, the best RB on the roster ( and yep that includes Rawls, despite your inability to accept it. Outperformed Rawls when playing, and actually PLAYING which is kind of a BIG deal. That's not to say I don't want Rawls to outperform Micheal, I certainly DO. He just hasn't).

You mean this year?
He has been hurt.... So yeah he hasn't outperformed this year. But if you're actually trying to say that Rawls isn't the better back, then clearly, you've lost your mind.
Rawls is far better. It's not close.
The coaches think he's better as well, saying several times that when he gets back the job is his.
monkey
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:26 am

savvyman wrote:
Considering we got him off the street after being cut by three teams - I am thrilled with the production he has given the team since he returned - starting with the Minnesota playoff game. It looks like Michael's is injured and this is why he is not starting?

Good News is that Kam Chancellor will be back for the Patriot game tommorow.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article114341113.html

You're thrilled with the production because we "got him off the street"?
No, we didn't.
We drafted him in the second round, and he's been a giant disappointment.
We didn't just get him off the street, he played most of four very disappointing seasons here, and all the preseason training camps as well.
He's not new or just learning the system.
He's a vet with four years to prove he belongs... He hasn't.
monkey
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:03 pm

Of course I mean this year. This is a yearly league, with yearly performances. It's not complicated to grasp is it? Micheal has outperformed every back on the roster this year, is clearly the best back on the roster this year. Is to give in the NFL in rushing TDs, this year. Not bad for camp fodder that wasn't going to make the team.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:22 pm

HumanCockroach wrote: Micheal has outperformed every back on the roster this year, is clearly the best back on the roster this year.

Kinda like our OL being "drastically" better than last year's unit. Boy, you sure like busting your buttons over mediocre or even sub par players and performances.

About all the kudos I can muster for Michael is that he's a barely adequate stand in running back, a position that is one of the main reasons why our running game this season has taken such a drastic decline from what it's been the past 5 years. If Rawls is able to return to something close to the form he was in 2015, I wouldn't be surprised to see Michael gone by the end of the season.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:09 pm

Sure, 17 sacks, 1/2 the pressures isn't drastically better.... OK.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby monkey » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:14 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Sure, 17 sacks, 1/2 the pressures isn't drastically better.... OK.

You're right about the line HC, it absolutely is better, dramatically.
Having said that I just don't understand what you see in Michael.
Prosise was clearly a giant upgrade, even just as a life runner, and Prosise nowhere near Rawls as a runner.
Once again last night I watched Michael misread blocks, outrun his blocks, and at least twice get the play completely WRONG! Wilson had to find him to give him the ball once because he wasn't where he was supposed to be... Honestly he stinks.
You saw what a real running back looks like last night zone and Prosise is still a very awkward runner, it's obvious that he recently converted to his position.
I'm not trying to pick a fight I just honestly don't get what you are seeing.
It's clear the coaches are sick of Michael as well.
monkey
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:32 pm

I see the best option available on the roster who has outperformed every back that has played this season for the Seahawks. Is that really so complicated to understand? I'm honestly not sure why that's the case. Ultimately he isn't the starter for the future, but I've never once said that was the case. Prosise played great last night, beyond that, no back had been successful this season, Micheal has clearly been the best of the lot, and it isn't even remotely close. That's the difference between living in the now, and living in the what if reality.

I've NO problems with Prosise or Rawls or even dance, dance tackle outperforming and taking carries from Micheal, first though I need to see them DO IT, Prosise took a step forward, Dance, Dance fumble took a step back, and Rawls is MIA as of now ( and downright bad when on the field this season)..

Ultimately, I want the BEST player on the field, if it's Prosise, Rawls or even the wasted pick Collins ( at least this season), Micheal or anyone else. I don't hold grudges, not for a week, month or years as many on here are exceedingly prone to do, I want what's best for the team, not what's best for a player.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:17 pm

The OL looked a lot better last night, much better than last Monday, so if they continue to improve, I'll eat my share of crow. But they need to sustain their play if we are go anywhere in the playoffs. They can't perform like they did against Buffalo, Arizona, Miami, et al.

And along with the Michael's Brain Farts theme, who went the wrong way on that busted play handoff, him or Russell?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby monkey » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:19 pm

HC, again I'm not trying to pick a fight, but you said that Michael has been the best this year, and that's factually incorrect.
Prosise total yards last game were easily the best performance this year.
Michael has come nowhere near that production.
He's not the best option available anymore thankfully, but I will agree with you that while Rawls and Prosise were both hurt, he was.
monkey
Legacy

Postby monkey » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:25 pm

RiverDog wrote:The OL looked a lot better last night, much better than last Monday, so if they continue to improve, I'll eat my share of crow. But they need to sustain their play if we are go anywhere in the playoffs. They can't perform like they did against Buffalo, Arizona, Miami, et al.

And along with the Michael's Brain Farts theme, who went the wrong way on that busted play handoff, him or Russell?

The o line looked better because the opponent has a poor defensive line, and because Prosise is just way better than Michael and because Wilson is finally getting healthy, and because they are finally gelling as a unit, just like they did at this time last year.
They will continue to improve, just they did last year.
Now with Rawls back and Wilson's health returning, the line will contribute to look better and better, though the Eagle's front seven is very stout, and will be a much tougher test for them than the Patriots were.
monkey
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:30 pm

monkey wrote:The o line looked better because the opponent has a poor defensive line, and because Prosise is just way better than Michael and because Wilson is finally getting healthy, and because they are finally gelling as a unit, just like they did at this time last year.
They will continue to improve, just they did last year.
Now with Rawls back and Wilson's health returning, the line will contribute to look better and better, though the Eagle's front seven is very stout, and will be a much tougher test for them than the Patriots were.

Agreed. Russell looks like his old self and Prosise is heads and shoulders better than Michael. Philly has a good D and will be a big challenge for us. It's the type of D we can expect to see in the playoffs.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:16 pm

Prosise did exactly what he was brought in to do, which was catch the ball out of the backfield... Being that, he showed flashes of running success, but I might one again point out that it was an injured Micheal, NOT Prosise that gained more yards per carry... As hard as that is to grasp, it's true ( 3.9 per carry for Prosise, 4.4 for Micheal). He is certainly a weapon in the passing game, and an excellent change of pace / third down back at least if you are comfortable with a game and a half to judge it, but still lacked in actual yards per tote to Micheal with a pulled hamstring....

Doesn't mean I wouldn't take what he gave for the game over what Micheal did against say Buffalo. But as far as running the ball? Micheal still was more productive. That's just the truth guys. It isn't made up, or even what I prefer happens, it is simply what occurred.

I'm cool with 2015 Rawls and Prosise taking over the lead in snaps, but if it's 2016 Rawls ( he of the 1.5 yards per carry) or Prosise being the lead carry back with his three and a half yard average, I would still prefer the back that averages more yards. I have this weird thing about more is better, and this season, that continues ( even in this game) to unfortunately be Micheal..... Doesn't mean Prosise shouldn't be given, ( or Rawls for that matter) ever single opportunity to supplant him, just that at this point, they haven't.

Edit: and don't worry fellas, their WILL be a future bad game so you can go back to calling the line garbage, so there's that to look forward to as well.... Kind of how it works in the NFL, even in places like Dallas, SF etc... :lol:
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby monkey » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:35 am

Michael would have been even more productive if he hadn't, once again, completely blown his assignment at least three times out of the few times he touched the ball.
He went to the wrong hole once, (fortunately he was able to at least get back to the line), Wilson has to turn and run to him to hand him the ball another time, because he wasn't where he was supposed to be (he got lucky that time because the screwup fooled the defense too), then another time he once again ran the wrong way completely.
My favorite though, was when he ran full speed, right into the back of his blocker (so did Collins though on his stupid fumble).
I hate to say it but I'm beginning to think that he's just uncoachable, because he's a moron.
monkey
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:51 am

monkey wrote:Michael would have been even more productive if he hadn't, once again, completely blown his assignment at least three times out of the few times he touched the ball.
He went to the wrong hole once, (fortunately he was able to at least get back to the line), Wilson has to turn and run to him to hand him the ball another time, because he wasn't where he was supposed to be (he got lucky that time because the screwup fooled the defense too), then another time he once again ran the wrong way completely.
My favorite though, was when he ran full speed, right into the back of his blocker (so did Collins though on his stupid fumble).
I hate to say it but I'm beginning to think that he's just uncoachable, because he's a moron.

He is running hard but his not a star back, certainly not a superstar back. However, he is doing the best he can. He is out next year, this year he will be the 3rd man in once TR gets back.
obiken
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:01 am

Moron is a strong word, but, is the game above CM's head? It appears so. HC is right, he's been productive and more so than Rawls at the beginning of the season. I'm keeping fingers crossed that Rawls early season struggles were an aberation and he returns to form.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum