Official Seahawks vs Cardinals POST Game Thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Official Seahawks vs Cardinals POST Game Thread

Postby RiverDog » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:23 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Please enlighten me as to what injury Wilson is enduring because of the lines play? The answer is none ( other than the regular bumps and bruises ALL QB deal with)...

None of Wilson's major lingering issues are the lines fault.. None. Pectoral = kept ball got tackled Knee= kept ball got tackled ankle= pressured dropped down accidentally got stepped on. Zero big hits, zero nasty shots, nothing in any of those instances was the injuries anything to do with some sort of catastrophic line mistake.

It's certainly not the best line Seattle has every rolled out, but it's a FAR cry from the worst.

The ankle injury that occurred as Wilson was getting sacked by Suh wasn't due to OL play? Got it!

Besides, exactly how Russell got hurt, OL play or of his own doing, isn't the point. The point is that we are subjecting him to more risk of injury by not providing him with adequate protection. He's been swimming with the sharks.

And the problem now is that because his mobility is restricted, he needs pass protection now more than ever. It was inevitable that sooner or later Russell's ability to scramble out of trouble was going to diminish, and so here we are a year or two earlier than we had hoped. We've been living on borrowed time.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:48 pm

No, the ankle injury was Wilson falling to the ground and getting stepped on. Got it?

If you're expecting zero sacks, zero pressures and zero hits, you're expecting a fantasy.

Who has the best offensive line in the league? Dallas ( at least that's the go to answer) yet Dallas allows sacks, pressures, hits , INJURIES to their QB, but somehow Seattle's line isn't supposed to.... Ever? What kind of ridiculous thinking is that?

Seattle's line has played average to dominant in 4 of 6 games, and after a poor game people act as though they grabbed 5 fatties from the local burger joint and lined them up. There's over HALF the league who's QBs would HAPPILY trade spots with Wilson, who have been hit, sacked and pressured MORE than Wilson, against LESS talented lines, many of which have that 10m dollar a year tackle ( Cleveland ring a bell?).

Not sure when people will clue into the fact that having an expensive line does NOT equate to better success, hell often it doesn't equate to better protection.

You all want the 05' line, yet somehow forgot that 3 of the 5 starters earned jack sh#t and Jack left town. Jones made his 10m and Hutch made 3.5 beyond them, Seattle did NOT spend on their line ( and certainly weren't willing to spend on Hutch when the time came). Tobeck and Gray were castoffs and cheap, Locklear was pretty bad and on a rookie deal.... The line didn't have an "investment" dollar wise other than Jones... And maybe I'm misrembering something, but I'm not aware of a Walter Jones caliber player wandering the streets, being available in FA or the draft, or being jettisoned from another team.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:04 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:No, the ankle injury was Wilson falling to the ground and getting stepped on. Got it?

I got it, but apparently you don't. Wilson was injured on a quarterback sack, and it wasn't some fluke sack. He was under duress all game long.

After a two quarters and a drive of constant pressure, the Dolphins third sack of the day on Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson may have just done damage to their season or at the very least their first game.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/watch ... fter-sack/

So if you want to continue to argue that the OL was not responsible for all of that pressure Russell had to deal with that day, go right ahead.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:07 am

Watch the play again and get back to me. ( you might want to actually pull up the WHOLE PLAY as opposed to this little clip. This clips shows Wilson falling to the ground, and getting stepped on. By the by, Wilson tripped while trying his patented retreat , and turn your back to the defender move that he has used to great success in the past, after he trips Suh who is beat steps on his foot. Even in this clip you can see the RT maintaining his block, Wilson could indeed have thrown the ball away, and decides not to. While the initial block on the ALL PRO Suh is poor, Wilson ultimately makes the decision to attempt to scramble, trips while doing so and gets injured.)

I'm not interested in explaining football. Sacks occur, pressure occurs, getting stepped on after falling to the ground has zero to do with the line, and everything to do with getting stepped on after falling to the ground. I could give two turtle farts whether people want to make believe that every other line doesn't allow pressure or hits. It's fantasy. I haven't seen Wilson annihilated behind this line once. Yet I've seen multiple QBs get annihilated behind the Joe Thomas led Browns, I've watched Romo get crushed multiple times behind the "wall of Dallas" everyone professes is great. Getting hit is part of a QBs job description. I'm done pretending like only Seattle's line gets beat, or that Wilson gets hit more than other QBs, he doesn't, in fact he sits right there in the middle of the league in both pressures, time to throw, and sacks.

Edit:

Here's the entirety of the play. Play action pass with more than enough time to either deliver the ball, or get rid of it.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... lay-sunday
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:19 am

I was at the Dolphins game. Russ was under almost constant duress or dealing with O line penalties. I'm not blaming him for his sprained ankle. Its amazing how Suh always manages to step on some QBs leg or another, kick them in the balls etc.

I said before the game Suh is the kind of guy who can change the trajectory of the season if he gets a shot on Wilson...............................

Russ has made us a million more plays than he has cost us with a very poorly regarded line throughout his pro career. This isn't on him.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:22 am

HUH?????
obiken
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:05 am

Seahawks4Ever wrote:Institutional mediocrity starts at the top with Pete Carroll and John Schneider.
1. Pete and John have penny-pinched on the O-Line and let very good O-Lineman to leave.
A. Our former starting LT is in Denver.
B. Our former starting LG is in N.Y. playing for the Jets.
C. Our former All-Pro Center is playing for New Orleans.

2.The play calling by Darrell Bevell is very inconsistent and usually gets better AFTER they are no longer using his scripted plays. Pete seems to not want to even entertain to possibility of canning Bevell, that is pathetic. I remember when the Baltimore Ravens offense was sputtering and they had no problem firing their OC and the Flacco led Raven offense went on to win the Super Bowl. I know it is a drastic move, to fire a OC or a DC but I am so sick and tired of watching the incompetence of Darrell Bevell.

3.Russell Wilson has NOT been the same since Suh stomped on his ankle in the first game. Wilson had NO business trying to run a Read-Option play, he couldn't execute the play and he was really gimpy. He also read the DE wrong and shouldn't have kept the ball, he should have handed the ball off.

Wow.. Where to start?
Mediocrity? Since when? When a post opens with a line that far off, it's tough to force myself to read the rest.
Penny pinched? You are aware there is a salary cap right? Have you seen the list of incredible players we've kept, retained, resigned etc...? We have the league's best defense because of how this team has handled the cap.
Our former LT is in Denver, AND HE IS HURT AGAIN!!! Our former LG was one of the most complained about player to every wear the uniform, and is getting grossly over paid. Our former center has turned into Jimmy Graham, and our current center has been very good this year! He's anything but the problem!
You're upset at Wilson for trying to run the offense the way that it was called?!?
Dude...
monkey
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:18 am

HumanCockroach wrote:How does the worst offensive line in 40 years not equate to institutional mediocrity??? Sorry, you aren't the best, second best or 32nd best organization without a functioning NFL calibre line... Simply doesn't work that way... That's like saying Alaska is the second warmest place on earth.

So, using your logic, the Michael Jordan led Bulls had institutional mediocrity because they could never find a great center to play with him....
His line made no sense whatsoever, this team is anything but mediocre now, since Pete and John took over. Prior to that, yes we were a mediocre team. The most mediocre team of Ali time in fact, which is why calling what have now mediocre is so ridiculous.
monkey
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:11 pm

I'm aware Monkey, that was my point.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:54 pm

I'm lost, HC. Was your original rambling satire?
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:38 pm

Maybe you both missed who actually claimed institutional mediocrity? Possibly the claims of worst offensive line in 40 years?

Not sure how, but feel free to peruse the thread for answers.

Not in the habit of completely exaggerating what I witness ( ie 3 good to great performances followed by an awful one and claim worst offensive line in 40 years, nor claim institutional mediocrity because my personal opinion on how the franchise is run differs from the actual running of it).

I apologize if you both missed the statement I was referencing. My bad.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum