Best Defense in history. Period. The end.

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Best Defense in history. Period. The end.

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:18 pm

http://www.footballnation.com/articles/ ... s-historic

Simply put, this IS the best defense in history, and I honestly don't understand anyone even half heartedly claiming otherwise. NO team in history has come close to replicating this type of success or dominance over this amount of time. Not the killer B's, not the Steel Curtain, not the Fearsome Foursome Rams, or the Purple People Eaters in Minnesota, no defense, pre merger, post merger, SB era, certainly not even close during the free agency offense friendly era.

You've got 1 yr teams that dominated ( 85' Bears, the Bucs and Ravens etc) but there's a REASON that that single year sits in front of their names... They couldn't sustain it, because they simply lost drive, aged, lost players, were figured out... Name something, Seattle however, HAS done so, WITH replacing players year in and year out....

It is WELL past time to give them their due, recognize their greatness, and stop attempting to place some other team ( current or past) above them. No team has been better, more consistently, longer than Seattle has. Enjoy it, relish it, acknowledge it, none of us will ever see it again in our lifetimes.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Re: Best Defense in history. Period. The end.

Postby burrrton » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:25 pm

Love it.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:44 pm

Ummmmm

Did I miss a year or something?

Your so-called #1 D gave up over 400 yards to the Cards, guess that is good when you live on mediocrity
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:51 pm

Your timing's impeccable, Rambo.

Reading is fundamental, kids.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:36 pm

Looks to me like you missed four consecutive years Ramblo.... Can't say I blame you, your pathetic excuse of a team would certainly make me want to slip into a vomit induced coma as well....
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:16 pm

And it is in this that we sacrifice some talent on the O side of the ball (Yeah, I'm talking about the o-line). I am very happy about these stats and you get no argument from me on the truth of them and what they mean, particularly over time. The Hawk's D is the best for the longest - ever! I'm merely offering a chill pill to those about to fire Pete/JS/Bevel etc. for not having stellar O-linemen. Something's gotta give, and when RW was healthy, we could get away with this formula for success. They are all working day and night to figure out how to win enough games to get into the tourney, if not HFA, and do some big things this year. As Pete says, it is all right there in front of us. Enjoy this era, friends (you too, Rambo)...nothing lasts forever.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:35 pm

You have any answers for Brees in his house? They are itchin for a win
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:49 pm

I did it last year Sis, and I reckon I could do it again if people need a reminder, but last year the top ten most expensive lines had a combined winning percentage around 49% the lowest ten had approximately a 61% winning percentage, that isn't an anomaly.

If you would like me to do so, I would be happy to help those that question that strategy once again. ( there are 6 playoff teams from the latter and one from the former group as well). Truth is for all the clamoring for spending on the line, doing so isn't always ( and quite often the worst possible idea) the best way of building winners in today's NFL.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:35 am

Rambo2014 wrote:You have any answers for Brees in his house? They are itchin for a win

Since we've won the past 3 games vs. the Saints, the more fitting question would be do the Saints have any answers for Russell Wilson.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:51 am

It's been a great defense for awhile now, yes.
And it had a lot to do with us winning a SB.
That's all that matters.
Where they rank historically...
Zorn76
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum