Seahawks in China?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Seahawks in China?

Postby RiverDog » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:41 am

It looks like the Rams will be the host team for the game that the league has committed to playing in China in 2018. It would make sense from a logistical standpoint and that they'd want to try to get a decent matchup rather than something like Titans vs. Browns.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... a-in-2018/

It's only a matter of time before we play a game overseas as there's not too many teams left that haven't taken a trip across one of the ponds and the league has made it clear that this international series is here to stay. The article states that they're looking at playing a game in Germany, too.

Unless something unexpected happens between now and then, I should be retired, and China, Germany, and Great Britain are all on the bucket list.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Seahawks in China?

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:23 pm

Frankly, I don't like the "new' NFL, the international NFL. I am glad that the spectators in the UK finally got a competitive game to watch but playing games on other continents is terrible. I am glad I got to witness the Seahawks win a Super Bowl I doubt I will EVER get to see it happen again. Now, I would love to see the Mariners actually play in the World Series let alone win it.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:59 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:Frankly, I don't like the "new' NFL, the international NFL. I am glad that the spectators in the UK finally got a competitive game to watch but playing games on other continents is terrible. I am glad I got to witness the Seahawks win a Super Bowl I doubt I will EVER get to see it happen again. Now, I would love to see the Mariners actually play in the World Series let alone win it.

I don't like the international series, either. It's a classic example of the league dissing their fans in lieu of the Almighty dollar.

But it is what it is. I'm at the age where I want to do some traveling overseas, so when the Hawks eventually play a game or two on the other side of the pond, I'm going to try to follow them...providing the timing is right.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:07 pm

Its tough on a team to play oversea's.

What really can suck is if the team is considered the "Home Team"
savvyman
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:22 pm

Maybe THIS is why people are not watching as much football. China, Mexico, London?? I'd be pissed to give up a home game to play in China...let alone the drag of international travel (11 hour flight) whether it's home or away. Stop it, NFL.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:33 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:Maybe THIS is why people are not watching as much football. China, Mexico, London?? I'd be pissed to give up a home game to play in China...let alone the drag of international travel (11 hour flight) whether it's home or away. Stop it, NFL.

What Sis said.

Cut out the cute bullshit trying to play 'league' games at various locations around the planet. Sheesh.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:15 pm

As I say to my colleagues, if we are doing everything...we aren't doing anything.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum