The rest of the season

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: The rest of the season

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:32 am

Hey Riverdog! Not only do I remember that poster but I used to see it nearly every day since my late brother (God rest his soul) had it hanging on his bedroom wall!

Also in the picture was the miner crossing the desert looking about ready to collapse, hence the two vultures eyeing him LOL I just love that line, "Patience my ASS! I am going to KILL something" He also had a poster listing in descending order all of the things a man needs to do "in case of a nuclear war". It started (if I remember correctly) with Loosening your tie and ended with kissing your ass goodbye LOL.

Thanks RD for bringing back a real fond memory of my late brother. He died in the fall the season after XL so he never got to see their resurgence under the Pete Carroll regime.

He was at different times a coach, trainer, scout, score keeper what ever or where ever he was needed. He worked on the staffs of both Jim Price at WSU and for Don James and Jim Lambright at the U-Dub from major college football to girls basketball. One of the items of his I have that I cherish is a letter from Vince Lombardi (yeah, that Vince) telling him that being a coach is a very rewarding fulfilling life goal. He must have wrote a letter to the coach when he was in Junior High School for the great coach to have responded before he passed. Ironically, while he never reached the heights of his hero he loved working with the kids, one of those kids was a young Nate Burleson whom my brother worked with as a basketball player. He also has a note from Nate's father thanking him for helping keeping his son's head on straight.

Like I said RD, thanx again for stoking my memories, it is really hard this time of year, ever though I have since passed him in age(he was 49) he will always be my "big brother".
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:55 am

I had to replace a coffee table for my friend's apartment complex (we watched a playoff game in their common room or whatever you call it). Also down a couple $150 remotes. Probably more, but those are what hurt most.

During the Testeverde helmet game, I kicked a brass potted fern, breaking three bones in my foot, and putting the pot and fern through my roommates TV set..... Total cost was in the thousands ( doctors, missed work, replacement TV) right about there is when I taught myself how to calm down, and that it was only a game... Lol.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:14 pm

I applaud you both, RD & Burrton for diverting this thread. I laughed out loud when Burrton asked the money question. The TV brick raffle had me rolling as well, but HC deserves some sort of trophy for the brass pot story.
ps I remember the coyote poster too.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:09 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:During the Testeverde helmet game, I kicked a brass potted fern, breaking three bones in my foot, and putting the pot and fern through my roommates TV set..... Total cost was in the thousands ( doctors, missed work, replacement TV) right about there is when I taught myself how to calm down, and that it was only a game... Lol.

LOL. Not bad...
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:19 pm

I cried when we lost 40 and 49, I yelled at my partner for standing up behind the loveseat prematurely cheering during the last 31 seconds of the 2012 Atlanta loss, I threw a pen across the room when the Panthers beat us at home last year.... the end of the pen stuck in the wall... and I routinely scare the s*** out of the dog. Sounds pretty minor, really. But you bet your ass my partner was not standing behind the loveseat prematurely cheering in either of the next two NFCCGs. I even refused to celebrate 48 until we had 40 + points.

We are all fans, indeed. While we do it differently, we all just love our Hawks - as much as the next person. Sorry I went on a rail about the henny penny bunch....sometimes I think I am working hard at talking myself out of the same doubts. Cheers to one and all - GO Hawks!!
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Jjones84 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:45 am

I think the Hawks will beat the peckers. They can beat every team remaining on the schedule. They won't, but when playing well, they can beat any team. Even bellycheats patriots. This defense matches up well against Brady. He only had success in the Superbowl after Avril went out, and because Julian took advantage of lanes replacement, tharold Simon.

The offense will turn this season around, starting with a win tonight against Buffalo. Wilson being way more injured than he let on has been the biggest problem this season. He is supposed to take the brace off of his knee tonight. He must be finally be getting healthy. Promise is emerging, and rawls will be back soon. Who knows, maybe they will activate Pope. I am excited about the upcoming remainder of the season. We will make the playoffs, and have a chance to do well. Any haters and doubters can eat a dick for all I'm concerned. Myself and the other hawk faithful will love it.
Jjones84
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:20 am

Seahawks4Ever wrote:Hey Riverdog! Not only do I remember that poster but I used to see it nearly every day since my late brother (God rest his soul) had it hanging on his bedroom wall!

Also in the picture was the miner crossing the desert looking about ready to collapse, hence the two vultures eyeing him LOL I just love that line, "Patience my ASS! I am going to KILL something" He also had a poster listing in descending order all of the things a man needs to do "in case of a nuclear war". It started (if I remember correctly) with Loosening your tie and ended with kissing your ass goodbye LOL.

Thanks RD for bringing back a real fond memory of my late brother. He died in the fall the season after XL so he never got to see their resurgence under the Pete Carroll regime.

He was at different times a coach, trainer, scout, score keeper what ever or where ever he was needed. He worked on the staffs of both Jim Price at WSU and for Don James and Jim Lambright at the U-Dub from major college football to girls basketball. One of the items of his I have that I cherish is a letter from Vince Lombardi (yeah, that Vince) telling him that being a coach is a very rewarding fulfilling life goal. He must have wrote a letter to the coach when he was in Junior High School for the great coach to have responded before he passed. Ironically, while he never reached the heights of his hero he loved working with the kids, one of those kids was a young Nate Burleson whom my brother worked with as a basketball player. He also has a note from Nate's father thanking him for helping keeping his son's head on straight.

Like I said RD, thanx again for stoking my memories, it is really hard this time of year, ever though I have since passed him in age(he was 49) he will always be my "big brother".

Glad I could be of service there, S4E.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:22 am

Hawk Sista wrote:Sorry I went on a rail about the henny penny bunch....sometimes I think I am working , hard at talking myself out of the same doubts. Cheers to one and all - GO Hawks!!

No need to apologize, Sis. All is fair in love, war, and being a Seahawk fan!
RiverDog
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum