Jimmy Graham??

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Jimmy Graham??

Postby Uppercut » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:45 am

Does anyone know where he was on the last play? Throwing to Kearse was low percentage IMO!
Uppercut
Legacy

Re: Jimmy Graham??

Postby RiverDog » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:58 am

Uppercut wrote:Does anyone know where he was on the last play? Throwing to Kearse was low percentage IMO!

I haven't looked to see where Graham was on the last play. Everybody in the stadium would have been looking for him to be involved. I don't think we ever did target Graham in the red zone yesterday.

They obviously saw something that they liked in the matchup Kearse had as the play was going to him all the way, and indeed Kearse did catch the ball. But Russell threw the ball too deep, led him out of the end zone.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:09 am

Why don't they put him out wide in the Red Zone where he might be able to take advantage of his catch radius against smaller DB's?
Isn't that why we traded for him, for Red Zone plays?
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:17 am

Graham released straight down field and goes out of the frame double covered. Kearse was single covered by a backup CB. Russ was looking at him all the way. Webb played it well and Russ threw it a bit deep but it was easy a 50/50 ball, probably much better. Honestly, I'd take that play again if they could do it over.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:17 am

Russell threw it like it was mid game trying to avoid an int.....
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:29 am

Uppercut wrote:Russell threw it like it was mid game trying to avoid an int.....

I wouldn't go that far. It would have been perfect if he left it just a foot or so shorter.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:09 pm

NorthHawk wrote:Why don't they put him out wide in the Red Zone where he might be able to take advantage of his catch radius against smaller DB's?
Isn't that why we traded for him, for Red Zone plays?

I agree, moreover, why not use him more the rest of the game. I am forced to agree with all those that want Bevell gone that he needs go, He is not the problem right now but he is not the solution.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:32 pm

We've done it before, so we know it works, but I still can't stand any kind of fade play in that situation.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:28 pm

Zorn76 wrote:We've done it before, so we know it works, but I still can't stand any kind of fade play in that situation.

YES!! I have never liked the fade play either, because VERY few QB's can execute it, and a our little fellow at QB isn't one of them. A roll right or left is a much better play. That's what I had a problem with the SB slant pass, it's not that it was a pass, it's your using a slant pass with a guy that's 5ft 11. Peyton Manning to Reggie Wayne could make it happen, but that combo is rare.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:07 am

The problem is that Wilson doesn't believe that he has any limitations because of his height. He also believes that he can make any throw. Really at this point in his career Wilson should have worked out any kinks he has had in his game, but clearly he hasn't. I believe he really needs the point of view of a new OC. An OC that knows what a TE is for other than blocking. Vince Lombardi once said that a TE properly used is like having an extra player on the field, Darrell Bevell believes a TE is another offensive lineman who occasionally gets a pass thrown his way, usually as a 3rd. or 4th. option. In the N.O. game JG was used as a decoy most of the game, probably because he drew double coverage. But, if JG is double teamed why can't Bevell have plays drawn up to take advantage of it????

Oh, and can someone explain to me why Tyler Locket isn't targeted more often?

While I despise our OC I blame Pete Carroll for keeping him. But, if he did let him go Pete would probably hire an even bigger idiot like Sark the drunk king of the bubble screen.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:11 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:The problem is that Wilson doesn't believe that he has any limitations because of his height. He also believes that he can make any throw. Really at this point in his career Wilson should have worked out any kinks he has had in his game, but clearly he hasn't. I believe he really needs the point of view of a new OC. An OC that knows what a TE is for other than blocking. Vince Lombardi once said that a TE properly used is like having an extra player on the field, Darrell Bevell believes a TE is another offensive lineman who occasionally gets a pass thrown his way, usually as a 3rd. or 4th. option. In the N.O. game JG was used as a decoy most of the game, probably because he drew double coverage. But, if JG is double teamed why can't Bevell have plays drawn up to take advantage of it????

Oh, and can someone explain to me why Tyler Locket isn't targeted more often?

While I despise our OC I blame Pete Carroll for keeping him. But, if he did let him go Pete would probably hire an even bigger idiot like Sark the drunk king of the bubble screen.

I don't harbor near the angst for Bevell that some of my fellow 12's do, but I do think that it's probably time for a change. Bevell seems to have been a good fit for the type of quarterback Russell was for the first 4 years of his career but I'm not sure if he's the right man for him as his game matures. And I'm with you, if we do let Bevell go, I hope to hell that we don't hire Sark. He sure as hell didn't do much for Jake Locker.

Lockett hasn't been himself this season and was listed as questionable for the game vs. the Saints due to a thigh injury. It hasn't been a good season for him, so it's not surprising that we haven't thrown the ball his way very much.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:41 pm

Enough of the height crapola with Wilson.
A fade is a touch pass and Russ can throw it as well as anyone and he's thrown slants before, so that's not an issue.
They just don't call them very often.

Lockett, by the way has a quad injury he's working through.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum