In a nutshell

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

In a nutshell

Postby pthawk » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:14 am

Over stating the obvious, but with previous games, Sowell and now Britt, down this article sums it up.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/it-mi ... 07190.html
pthawk
Legacy

Re: In a nutshell

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:01 am

Britt isn't out.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:24 am

That article is spot-on. The chickens have come home to roost with regard to the haphazardly thrown together patchwork OL. This offense, with Russell lame and a putrid running attack, doesn't scare anybody. We're the easiest team in the league to game plan against. Just be alert for trick plays.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby pthawk » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:34 am

Sorry, could of sworn Britt went out and the rookie went in. Still doesn't change the fact that the o line is not working. Britt, Ifedi are the only bright spots on this line. The front office in my opinion need to re-vamp their approach.
pthawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:40 am

pthawk wrote:Sorry, could of sworn Britt went out and the rookie went in. Still doesn't change the fact that the o line is not working. Britt, Ifedi are the only bright spots on this line. The front office in my opinion need to re-vamp their approach.

There was a point where Britt went out for a few plays. I remember them talking about the QB exchange.

Fant actually held up OK, except for two very costly penalties in the first half. But that was a really poor defense we were going up against.

I'm right there with you about the OL and have been complaining for years about the lack of commitment in fixing it. We're really out of balance now, with studs on the defensive side of the ball and rejects and experiments on the offensive side.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:49 am

I've been one of the biggest critics of the OL, but this year for the first time in a while, I see some progress. OLs don't just magically work, they take lots of reps, and with the limits the CBA puts on practice time, it will be a while before they are working in perfect unison. From my perspective, the interior is set for the next couple of years, but the edges need work.

Fant really surprised me. He played pretty well against the Cards and now against the Saints he wasn't an obvious problem. Maybe there is hope there, too.
But it takes time, which is unfortunate.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:04 pm

RiverDog wrote:That article is spot-on. The chickens have come home to roost with regard to the haphazardly thrown together patchwork OL. This offense, with Russell lame and a putrid running attack, doesn't scare anybody. We're the easiest team in the league to game plan against. Just be alert for trick plays.

I agree River, and PC keeps pushing the return of Rawls back farther and farther. Yeah they have our number now.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:27 pm

Stick a fork in our Seahawks, they are done for this season. Now, what we have to pray for is that Russell Wilson doesn't get hurt so bad that it affects his play next season as well.

We have to hope that the O-Line improves next season, but I don't hold out much hope under this regime. Everyone gushes how "great" the O-Line was the second half of last season. If that was so, why did they blow it up and start over at so many positions?????

What about Bevell?? That man is a complete idiot and that means that on the offensive side of the ball so is Pete Carroll. Everybody cries how John Schneider hasn't won the "Executive of the year" award. Well, maybe he deserved one 5 years ago but he has thrown away too many high draft picks since and that has adversely affected the team and Pete seems to be utter oblivious.

Face it, when it comes to offense Pete is severely handicapped and must trust in morons like Darrell Bevel. Oh, and whoever has been responsible for selecting which O-Lineman to draft or not draft is yet another moron that Pete has to depend on since he himself cannot be trusted to make the decision.

I know, we have witnessed success never before attained and change seems to be the last thing Paul Allen should do. But, how far do the hawks have3 to fall before the Pollyanna's have their eyes opened and realize that the Pete & John show has hit a wall and will never ever reach the heights it once attained.

Talk about under achieving, we SHOULD have played in and won 3 Super Bowls in a row, instead we played in 2 in a row and won only 1.

I still read how we are supposed to be some sort of DYNASTY. DYNASTY??? Are some of you kidding??? Dynasties win multiple championships. After their mega fail season this year they will have gone 3 seasons (count 'em) since they last won a championship, that is hardly a dynasty! Mean while our "core" players are getting older and are starting to miss games more and more do to injury. Look at Kam Chancellor, he has not been the same since they lost the Super Bowl to the Patriots and not surprisingly Kam's hold out. Since his hold out Kam has been a shell of his former self. I read where he was considered the most "over rated" Safety in the NFL. When I first read that my first reaction was "no way", But now, I believe they were 100% correct.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:52 pm

So says...Charles Robinson?
This is a yahoo hack who is simply parroting everything that's been said about the Seahawks for the last 2 season.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:44 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:Stick a fork in our Seahawks, they are done for this season. Now, what we have to pray for is that Russell Wilson doesn't get hurt so bad that it affects his play next season as well.

We have to hope that the O-Line improves next season, but I don't hold out much hope under this regime. Everyone gushes how "great" the O-Line was the second half of last season. If that was so, why did they blow it up and start over at so many positions?????

What about Bevell?? That man is a complete idiot and that means that on the offensive side of the ball so is Pete Carroll. Everybody cries how John Schneider hasn't won the "Executive of the year" award. Well, maybe he deserved one 5 years ago but he has thrown away too many high draft picks since and that has adversely affected the team and Pete seems to be utter oblivious.

Face it, when it comes to offense Pete is severely handicapped and must trust in morons like Darrell Bevel. Oh, and whoever has been responsible for selecting which O-Lineman to draft or not draft is yet another moron that Pete has to depend on since he himself cannot be trusted to make the decision.

I know, we have witnessed success never before attained and change seems to be the last thing Paul Allen should do. But, how far do the hawks have3 to fall before the Pollyanna's have their eyes opened and realize that the Pete & John show has hit a wall and will never ever reach the heights it once attained.

Talk about under achieving, we SHOULD have played in and won 3 Super Bowls in a row, instead we played in 2 in a row and won only 1.

I still read how we are supposed to be some sort of DYNASTY. DYNASTY??? Are some of you kidding??? Dynasties win multiple championships. After their mega fail season this year they will have gone 3 seasons (count 'em) since they last won a championship, that is hardly a dynasty! Mean while our "core" players are getting older and are starting to miss games more and more do to injury. Look at Kam Chancellor, he has not been the same since they lost the Super Bowl to the Patriots and not surprisingly Kam's hold out. Since his hold out Kam has been a shell of his former self. I read where he was considered the most "over rated" Safety in the NFL. When I first read that my first reaction was "no way", But now, I believe they were 100% correct.

Now stomp your foot, throw your toy, pout out your lower lip, and stomp out of the room..... That'll show em'!
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:29 pm

I always thought it was "in a nut sack." No? Hmmmm, maybe that's why I've been getting strange looks at board meetings. Thanks for the tip. ;)
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:47 pm

Great line, Sis!
NorthHawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum