We have lost our Window of Opprotunity

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

We have lost our Window of Opprotunity

Postby obiken » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:40 am

Shannon Sharp on FSN was talking about how due to the lack of an OL we have lost our chance to win a 2nd SB, and only teams that have won 2 are remembered. I tend to agree.
obiken
Legacy

Re: We have lost our Window of Opprotunity

Postby Agent 86 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:59 am

A little Thursday mornin pot stirring eh Obi...lol....let it pile on.... :roll:
Agent 86
Legacy

Postby obiken » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:05 am

Agent 86 wrote:A little Thursday mornin pot stirring eh Obi...lol....let it pile on.... :roll:

No, I just saw Skip and Sharp so I threw it out there.
obiken
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:08 am

Whatever an Opprotunity is...

I think the window hasn't closed yet and we still have a couple of years before the core of the Defense has to be replaced.
The question is whether the Offense can get it going well enough to contribute to wins.
We've never been especially strong on Offense during Pete's tenure, but it has to get better than it has been this year.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:11 am

NorthHawk wrote:Whatever an Opprotunity is...

I think the window hasn't closed yet and we still have a couple of years before the core of the Defense has to be replaced.
The question is whether the Offense can get it going well enough to contribute to wins.
We've never been especially strong on Offense during Pete's tenure, but it has to get better than it has been this year.

Hope your right!! I think this season comes down to Rawls, and IF we can keep RW upright.
Last edited by obiken on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
obiken
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:12 am

:lol:
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby obiken » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:45 am

HumanCockroach wrote::lol:

Kiss off Human, my name isnt Shannon Sharp. I don't make this stuff up.
obiken
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:42 pm

Obviously, with this front office, the Seahawks will never see another Super Bowl until Paul Allen gets these guys out of there and brings in some coaches and management that value the o-line properly. I'm glad Shannon Sharpe has this figured out; in fact, they should probably hire Shannon Sharpe as the new GM. He knows what to do.

#getrealpeople
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:26 pm

I don't know what's worse............that it is all over for us when we are leading the division by more than a game, or that there is a show with Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe screaming at each other that people actually watch. As if this country weren't divided enough - now we have these two in one show. SMH

:roll: :roll:
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:43 pm

obiken wrote:Shannon Sharp on FSN was talking about how due to the lack of an OL we have lost our chance to win a 2nd SB, and only teams that have won 2 are remembered. I tend to agree.

I disagree. Our defense is still solid and we still have one of the game's best young quarterbacks. But the stars have to line up in order for us to win another one, and so far this season, we are about two bubbles off a true plumb.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:49 pm

WTF you talking about Obi? I don't know how I can put a less inflammatory response.... I laughed at Sharpe... Now I'm just laughing at you... Continue to regurgitate what the shock jocks say, I'll continue to laugh at them.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:35 pm

Pete needs to dump Bevell that's all there is to it, at least a first step any how. The philosophy that a team can get by with short changing the O-Line on draft day. Pete has to know he needs to make changes or we will slide to being a 7-9 team or 8-8 or 9-7 stuck in the middle and never going far in the play offs if we make them at all.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:18 pm

What are you talking about? Seattle drafts more offensive lineman than almost every team in the league. You want to claim they don't pay to re sign guys, fine, but it's absolutely false that they don't invest in the line via the draft.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby obiken » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:34 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:WTF you talking about Obi? I don't know how I can put a less inflammatory response.... I laughed at Sharpe... Now I'm just laughing at you... Continue to regurgitate what the shock jocks say, I'll continue to laugh at them.

OK SORRY, I misunderstood!!
obiken
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:44 am

Seahawks4Ever wrote:Pete needs to dump Bevell that's all there is to it, at least a first step any how. The philosophy that a team can get by with short changing the O-Line on draft day. Pete has to know he needs to make changes or we will slide to being a 7-9 team or 8-8 or 9-7 stuck in the middle and never going far in the play offs if we make them at all.

Is it him or is he just doing the best he can trying to make Lemonade out of lemons.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:55 am

Seahawks are 12 and 4 in Nov in the RW era. The defense has been the best ever although the loss of Bennet is huge.Rawls will likely be back for NE and I'm positively fascinated by that matchup.
Either way these next two are Non conference without Benett and the boys get an extra day and a half to rest up.

Nobody is going to want to see Seattle in january this year either.

Reports of their demise are greatly exaggerated.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:09 am

Obviously the O has to fire at some point for us to have a serious shot at the SB, but just think about this. Frank Clark gets several games of starting work in Bennett's role. So far he looks very good. Avril is on like a 16 - 17 sack pace. Marsh has had some terrific plays (also some heart breaking penalties) and looks to be greatly improved. Combine this with a healthy Bennett towards the end of the season. It could be one of the most destructive pass rushes we have ever had.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:55 am

As soon as you said Skip & Sharpe, I quit reading this thread.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:37 am

obiken wrote:Shannon Sharp on FSN was talking about how due to the lack of an OL we have lost our chance to win a 2nd SB, and only teams that have won 2 are remembered. I tend to agree.

That's idiotic. Both those two in that show are idiotic and to me, unwatchable.
monkey
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:52 am

That's idiotic. Both those two in that show are idiotic and to me, unwatchable

All Righty then!
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:31 am

FolkCrusader wrote:Obviously the O has to fire at some point for us to have a serious shot at the SB, but just think about this. Frank Clark gets several games of starting work in Bennett's role. So far he looks very good. Avril is on like a 16 - 17 sack pace. Marsh has had some terrific plays (also some heart breaking penalties) and looks to be greatly improved. Combine this with a healthy Bennett towards the end of the season. It could be one of the most destructive pass rushes we have ever had.

The problem isn't the defense. We could get everybody back on D and then some and it won't make a great deal of difference if we don't start moving the ball and scoring points on offense. With any offense at all, we'd be undefeated or once beaten, and in the driver's seat for HFA. If a team like the Saints can shut us down, anybody can.

Our offense has scored just one TD in the last 9 quarters of football, and even that one was set up with an unconventional gadget play. Russell Wilson has gone 3 straight games without throwing a touchdown pass. Those are Cleveland Browns type stats, not stats from a SB quality team like we're supposed to be.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Jjones84 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:29 am

Go ahead and write them off for this year and beyond. I bet the same things were being said last year too. Last time I checked, they hold a draft every year. This notion that the window closes when these defensive players are done is just ridiculous. And I agree with some of the people above, skip and Shannon are "great" sources of info to even partially base an assumption on. 4-2-1, with all of the stars on this team 30 and younger, definitely zero chance of winning a Superbowl this year, and beyond. Better just stop watching football now. Gonna go throw all of my Hawks s*** away.
Jjones84
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:44 am

The problem isn't the defense. We could get everybody back on D and then some and it won't make a great deal of difference if we don't start moving the ball and scoring points on offense. With any offense at all, we'd be undefeated or once beaten, and in the driver's seat for HFA. If a team like the Saints can shut us down, anybody can.

Our offense has scored just one TD in the last 9 quarters of football, and even that one was set up with an unconventional gadget play. Russell Wilson has gone 3 straight games without throwing a touchdown pass. Those are Cleveland Browns type stats, not stats from a SB quality team like we're supposed to be.

I've seen this before, in fact I've said this before.... Didn't play out that way though... This team for whatever reason is just bad on offense the first half of the year ( and yes that includes both SB years).
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:01 pm

And I've said this before as well: Past performance is no guarantee of future success.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:56 pm

That offense has looked pretty damn good the last two weeks, not sure if it will continue down the stretch, but it certainly feels like it will, and with no other data to go on except recent history, I like it, I like it a lot.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:24 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:That offense has looked pretty damn good the last two weeks, not sure if it will continue down the stretch, but it certainly feels like it will, and with no other data to go on except recent history, I like it, I like it a lot.

The offense looked great last night, but only parts of it (Graham, Baldwin, Russell) looked good vs. the Bills. The running game was horrid. We're not going to win a Lombardi with a one dimensional offense.

But as the saying goes, you're only as good as your last game, and on a short week, we traveled across the country and without our best defensive player, beat what was arguably the hottest team in the league on their turf. That's the first truly complete game we've played against a SB quality team in a long time, going back to Arizona last year IMO, so I'm happy as a clam!
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Jjones84 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:18 am

I am curious, does the win against the Pat's change anything? Window still lost? It shouldn't change a thing, but I have a feeling it probably did, even if people won't admit it. Have faith in this team, you can't win them all.
Jjones84
Legacy

Postby ACES 13 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:31 pm

I'd say after a great effort against a very good Eagles team, our window has slammed OPEN! There's plenty of concern re: injuries, but I've got a feeling our best is yet to come this year!

Go Hawks!
ACES 13
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:51 pm

7-2-1 is a disaster!!!
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:16 pm

We're gonna be fine...as long as Rawls stays healthy:)
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:42 pm

Jjones84 wrote:I am curious, does the win against the Pat's change anything? Window still lost? It shouldn't change a thing, but I have a feeling it probably did, even if people won't admit it. Have faith in this team, you can't win them all.

Confidence. It's the single biggest factor in winning football games in a league where top end talent is so balanced, so yes, the win against the Patriots was huge.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:07 pm

Zorn76 wrote:We're gonna be fine...as long as Rawls stays healthy:)

Apparently Pete said today Rawls is banged up and will be limited in practice.
Pope has a legitimate high ankle sprain.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:21 pm

How does every running back on your roster and half your starting D-backfield get hurt in the same dmn game?
burrrton
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum