F'q the NFL - Sherman Fined 9K

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

F'q the NFL - Sherman Fined 9K

Postby makena » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:22 am

I rarely post but I'm F'n pissed off to no end.
Sherman was fined for 9K for hitting the bills kicker.

After listening to talk radio, watching countless sports shows and reading a myriad of online articles about the topic, it appears that Sherman went for the ball (touched it first) to stop the play knowing he was already offside (Refs were giving the Bills a free play). He was not intentionally trying to hurt Carpenter he just wanted to stop the play.

Then, the refs F'ed the ensuing play(s) on the field. Were does the NFL get off by fining Sherman 9K!!!??????????????????

THIS IS F'n BS!!!

I have no words for this crap... !!!
A player hardly ever gets fined if there was no call for unnecessary roughness on the field. I expect Sherman to be absolutely outraged by this and I look forward hearing his response. The NFL is trying to save face because F'q face Blandino tweeted out during the game Sherman should have been penalized. I think he should be fined along with Carpenters wife... They are slandering Sherman's name because he knows the rules better than they do...? and Sherman made this decision in a split second on the field...! These steaming pile of crap bags can't even figure out a couple days after the fact with the F'n rule book in front of them!!!

I WASN'T BORN WITH ENOUGH MIDDLE FINGERS TO LET THEM KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THEIR SAVING FACE BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F%$#$%$@#$^&*CK!!!!

I'm so pissed off here. I also can't believe how pissed off I'm getting for something so trivial but that said... F'q the NFL!!!

...and they wonder why ratings are down...

Mak
makena
Legacy

Re: F'q the NFL - Sherman Fined 9K

Postby makena » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:36 am

Here is some more crap..
I'm cruzing around the net to find more information and I'm only finding articles inferring Sherman made a dirty play and was fined for it... Where authors are forgetting the fact that he touched the ball first; making it legal to have contact with the kicker. Everyone seems to be regressing back to their initial comments about this topic just to get more clicks on their websites.... CRAP!

Mak
makena
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:50 am

Someone has to wear the black hat in sports.
We just have to get used to it and embrace it as our identity.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby yoder » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:05 pm

U mad, bro?
yoder
Site Admin

Postby Uppercut » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:13 pm

I guess the game against the Pats will be between the two most hated teams in America!

Then there is the angelic team America the Dallas Cowboys

9k what a sham surprised they did not suspend him given the NFL
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:52 pm

Pereira just stated on Clayton podcast that he doesn't think Sherm hitting the kicker should have been called a penalty.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:01 pm

burrrton wrote:Pereira just stated on Clayton podcast that he doesn't think Sherm hitting the kicker should have been called a penalty.

I remember you mentioning Carpenter grabbing his other leg after he hit the ground. I didn't believe it at first; went back and watch and saw the ridiculous acting job. No sympathy for him or Rex or the Bills.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:52 pm

It really doesn't matter what leg was hit. He could have torqued his other knee after contact.
I'm not defending him as much as I'm pointing out the variables involved in an injury.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:44 pm

NorthHawk wrote:It really doesn't matter what leg was hit. He could have torqued his other knee after contact.

Oh for pete's sake- he got hit in the left knee, grabbed the right knee writhing in pain, then walked back out healthy as ever 30 seconds later.

He faked it. You don't have to pretend he didn't.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:45 pm

Sherman touched the ball. Legal play. The whistle did not blow. Its BS of course. Hes being punished for correctly ripping the refs after the Saints debacle.
As for the rigged NFL officiating system it is so rife with opportunities for abuse it is amazing.

Now that Blandino sits in the mother ship in NY controlling replay for every game we were supposed to get replay right.
Yet we still see the same curious calls all the time that appear to conflict with what our eyes told us happened. It is so easily manipulated for gambling purposes or whatever, more than ever before.

Ratings are down and it will keep happening unless the NFL cleans house with these personalities that are bigger than their role in the game.It needs to start with that oily used car salesman Blandino.
And the league needs to get an attitude adjustment to try and keep the hanky in the pocket unless absolutely necessary, but not eat it when there is a blatant foul.

That's called "good officiating". Right now its either not competent or flat out slanted to affect outcomes.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:47 pm

The NFL's explanation for the fine is particularly galling- they say he's being fined for hitting the kicker after the whistle blew, but that you just can't hear the whistle.

As if we're all fcking deaf.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby makena » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:21 pm

burrrton wrote:The NFL's explanation for the fine is particularly galling- they say he's being fined for hitting the kicker after the whistle blew, but that you just can't hear the whistle.

As if we're all fcking deaf.

WOW!! I did not hear that... So, the NFL says the whistle blew after Sherman touch the ball and before he hit the kicker?
WOW

mak
makena
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:51 pm

Good news is these guys weren't though....

http://dailysnark.com/video-emerges-bil ... -mnf-game/
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby obiken » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:15 pm

Sorry, I love Sherm but he deserved it. Kickers are not real players, they of them, but not really one of them. They don't pump iron, or work out, all they do is kick. Sorry I don't want SH to take that hit.
obiken
Legacy

Postby makena » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:02 pm

obiken wrote:Sorry, I love Sherm but he deserved it. Kickers are not real players, they of them, but not really one of them. They don't pump iron, or work out, all they do is kick. Sorry I don't want SH to take that hit.

I hear you about kickers an I too don't want SH to get hammered. However, I disagree with you regarding if Sherman deserved it or not. It was a legal play and by rule, contact can occur if Sherman contacted the football first; which he did. I feel like the NFL took this opportunity to slam him with a fine base on all the comments he's been baking the last couple of weeks.

Mak
makena
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:04 pm

Deserves it? In cool sticking with the officials, or the last head of officials(Pierera) or even multiple coaches and players, over media driven Crapola, and certainly not the spin doctor Blandino.

There are literally only two questions that need answers. Did the whistle blow before contact? ( It didn't) and did Sherman touch the ball? ( he most emphatically did) if that is what occurred, there is NO penalty on the books that circumvents that to make it a penalty, much less a fineable offense.

This isn't "call your own fouls" pick up basketball in the driveway, it's professional football, and has an extensive rulebook, which Sherman adhered to every step of the way.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:55 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Good news is these guys weren't though....

http://dailysnark.com/video-emerges-bil ... -mnf-game/

Holy sh*t.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:57 pm

obiken wrote:Sorry, I love Sherm but he deserved it.

What did you want Sherm to do differently and why?
burrrton
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:58 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:There are literally only two questions that need answers. Did the whistle blow before contact? ( It didn't) and did Sherman touch the ball? ( he most emphatically did) if that is what occurred, there is NO penalty on the books that circumvents that to make it a penalty, much less a fineable offense.

This isn't "call your own fouls" pick up basketball in the driveway, it's professional football, and has an extensive rulebook, which Sherman adhered to every step of the way.

What HC said.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:23 am

HumanCockroach wrote:There are literally only two questions that need answers. Did the whistle blow before contact? ( It didn't) and did Sherman touch the ball? ( he most emphatically did) if that is what occurred, there is NO penalty on the books that circumvents that to make it a penalty, much less a fineable offense.

That's why in another thread I wanted to know if the whistle blew or not.

Total BS for Sherman to get a fine.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:28 am

the powers at the NFL had no choice, but Sherman will be able to appeal. We'll see how it goes. The NFL doesn't use logic, truth or anything except a "public opinion" meter.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:40 am

He won't appeal, because their wording about just nobody being able to hear the whistle that blew made it impossible to do so. It'd simply be a 'he said she said', as Sherm described it.

It's such an appallingly ridiculous argument for the NFL to make, I wonder if they didn't do themselves more damage with their explanation than if they had just not given Sherm this token fine.

I wonder how they think everyone can hear the whistle when it *is* audible, but couldn't when they say it was simply drowned out by crowd noise (or whatever reason they made up).
burrrton
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:11 pm

jshawaii22 wrote:the powers at the NFL had no choice, but Sherman will be able to appeal. We'll see how it goes. The NFL doesn't use logic, truth or anything except a "public opinion" meter.

Actually if you click the link I provided, Sherman has said he won't appeal. The explanation given to him was "they couldn't hear the whistle on the video" hence fine.

As he explained it, it becomes a he said/she said argument at that point, which no player has ever won against the league....

In essence, their excuse for it , removed an appeal opportunity before it was even broached.

Personally, I find it offensive that Blandino, Pierera, the officials, even the media force-feeding a fine, ALL admitted a whistle hadn't blown, and then the reasoning for a fine, was they couldn't tell if it had or not.

Every player CONTINUED the play, both sides, every single one, and the league is going with "we couldn't tell, you should have stopped on your own, while the rest of the players played on"? Horse sh#t

Edit: sorry didn't see Burton's response
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:47 pm

mak - Hope tonight's win chills you out a lil:)

Love the passion, brother, keep it comin'!!

Go Hawks!!!
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:45 am

Personally, I find it offensive that Blandino, Pierera, the officials, even the media force-feeding a fine, ALL admitted a whistle hadn't blown, and then the reasoning for a fine, was they couldn't tell if it had or not.

Water under the bridge now, but for the record, Periera said he didn't think Sherm should have been flagged or fined (heard it on the Clayton show, I think).
burrrton
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum