C-Mike released

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

C-Mike released

Postby burrrton » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:02 pm

Just saw it posted...

http://nfltraderumors.co/breaking-seaha ... e-michael/

That was quick.
burrrton
Legacy

Re: C-Mike released

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:14 pm

Sorry Burr, didn't see this before I posted in the other thread (and I did look ...)
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:24 pm

So much for the Brain Fart thread.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:33 pm

I wondered last week if his mysterious "injury" wasn't between the ears. With things looking good for him early in the season, maybe he lost his way. He always seemed like a bit of a head case to me. I hope he lands on his feet in life.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:52 pm

Yep was coming to post that. Good luck to him whatever his next stop is... Hopefully, it doesn't turn out to be a mistake, and Rawls somehow finds some semblance of a successful form.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Clem7 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:09 pm

I think they like what they are seeing in Pope as well. With Pro, Rawls, and Collins; not surprised.

Besides CMike's farts, he seemed to be getting worse tripping over his own feet and/or falling down on his own. His mind was not in sync with his body.
Clem7
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:14 pm

Seems a bit premature to me..... He must have pissed the staff off somehow and I bet the story will be told sometime down the road. Here's to hoping Rawls is really ready to roll.

Go Hawks!
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby monkey » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:15 pm

Like I've been saying, he stinks, and he's probably a moron to boot, considering he has never overcome his deficiencies since college, and all of his deficiencies are mental.
When you never ever learn from your mistakes and you never ever get any better at the things you do poorly, in spite of having all the ability in the world, you are a moron.
It was obvious the coaches were tired of his act, and now he's gone. The team is just better off giving Pope a shot at the backup role.
monkey
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:34 pm

I'm surprised. I thought CM was performing better than Collins. Collins hasn't done anything that I can remember aside from fumbling on his only touch in NE. If PC and JS have seen enough of CM, I trust them. I assume this means Rawls will see some game action this week and maybe Pope is activated. I'm excited for the prospect of a healthy Rawls and Prosise down the stretch.

Best of luck to CM going forward, I hope he lands on his feet.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:27 pm

Pretty much my thoughts as well. I always want better, and don't hold personal grudges against players, hell even the steaming pile of manure Webb can redeem himself in my eyes. Micheal filled a need, at a time that no one else was capable of doing so. Personally not in the habit of second guessing the FO choices as so many are infatuated with. I do find it interesting that so many couldn't recognize that Micheal for all his warts, was still the best available back on the roster for over half a season, and to boot the same FO they are now lauding for releasing him, are the same FO putting him on the field.....

I hope nothing but the best for Rawls and Prosise, maybe Pope as well, even Collins ( who to date has been an absolutely horrible selection) have zero issues with them cutting him, but people better pray we get 5YPC Rawls and not 1YPC Rawls moving forward, at least if they truly want that second Lombardi sitting in the trophy case...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Jjones84 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:38 pm

They showed a shot of him on the sideline during the game where he was pouting about not being in on a third down play. I kind of have had a feeling that he was making poor decisions on the field, causing the o line a lot of grief. He deserves at least a little blame for the run game woes. With all of that said, I was shocked when I read he was released. He just isn't made to be a feature back in the league.

I am excited that they signed Pope though. This weekend will be a good test to see if this all works. Rawls, prosise and Pope, pretty intriguing line up. I bet they top 100 in rushing against the eagles.
Jjones84
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:16 pm

The eagles are tougher than the Pats up front. Not sure how quickly we can expect the run game to improve. As goes the health of RW, goes the gellin' line, goes the rush.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:06 pm

I would have liked us to keep CM as an insurance policy. Rawls has had 2 major injuries in under two years, can we trust him to stay healthy? Prosise looked great last week, but he was largely being covered by a back up linebacker. Prosise hasn't preformed like that all season till last week. I trust Pete and the staff to make the right call but this one does have me wondering a little bit. There has to be more to the story right?
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:11 am

EmeraldBullet wrote:I would have liked us to keep CM as an insurance policy. Rawls has had 2 major injuries in under two years, can we trust him to stay healthy? Prosise looked great last week, but he was largely being covered by a back up linebacker. Prosise hasn't preformed like that all season till last week. I trust Pete and the staff to make the right call but this one does have me wondering a little bit. There has to be more to the story right?

This^^^...along with some other solid thoughts on the topic in this thread.

There's Got to be something behind the scenes here. CM had, overall, done an Excellent job, IMO, subbing for Rawls. I also believe that had Pete/John felt had Prosise been ready mush earlier, that they would have played him then. I guess they perhaps knew all along that CJ starting meant that they could do without Miachael? I dunno. On a surface level, this doesn't make much sense, hence, the possible issue(s) not yet revealed.

And I echo the thoughts on Collins. He should not be on the field unless we have the luxury of victory formation.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:58 am

HumanCockroach wrote:Yep was coming to post that. Good luck to him whatever his next stop is... Hopefully, it doesn't turn out to be a mistake, and Rawls somehow finds some semblance of a successful form.

Still think he's the best RB on our roster?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:42 am

So called "brain farts" aside, CMike is a far better RB then Collins, at least from what I've seen of him this year.

It really must be something else. Blew up against a coach...missed a meeting.. had to be something.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby monkey » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:01 am

Wow..
No one is listening I swear.
The"something else" you're all looking for is what this thread was about. His bonehead mistakes, which held him back in college, and throughout his pro career, which caused the Seahawks to trade him, cut him, and only pick him up again because of the retirement of Lynch, and injuries to Rawls and Prosise.
The coaches preferred keeping Collins who has done less than nothing in games (though he may be fine in practice) which really ought to tell you something. They're tired of watching film and seeing the same stupid mistakes every week.
There is no head scratcher here, no unknown reason behind this, I saw this coming from a mile away and was trying to tell you all.
C Mike makes bad mental mistakes far too often to justify keeping him, in spite of his athleticism.
monkey
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:25 am

monkey wrote:Wow..
No one is listening I swear.
The"something else" you're all looking for is what this thread was about. His bonehead mistakes, which held him back in college, and throughout his pro career, which caused the Seahawks to trade him, cut him, and only pick him up again because of the retirement of Lynch, and injuries to Rawls and Prosise.
The coaches preferred keeping Collins who has done less than nothing in games (though he may be fine in practice) which really ought to tell you something. They're tired of watching film and seeing the same stupid mistakes every week.
There is no head scratcher here, no unknown reason behind this, I saw this coming from a mile away and was trying to tell you all.
C Mike makes bad mental mistakes far too often to justify keeping him, in spite of his athleticism.

What do you mean, no one is listening? Who started the Brain Farts thread? I stated in that thread that it wouldn't surprise me if he was gone by the end of the year and guess what? You're not the only one that saw this coming.

IMO the combination of his brain farts, his horrible blocking, that he's a one dimensional running back that doesn't play on special teams, the emergence of Prosise, and the return of Rawls cost him a roster spot. I don't think he blew up at a coach or missed a meeting, that he was nothing more than a temporary fix at best and our coaching staff planned on letting him go just as soon as Rawls showed he was healthy.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:07 am

Pretty much my thoughts as well. I always want better, and don't hold personal grudges against players, hell even the steaming pile of manure Webb can redeem himself in my eyes. Micheal filled a need, at a time that no one else was capable of doing so. Personally not in the habit of second guessing the FO choices as so many are infatuated with. I do find it interesting that so many couldn't recognize that Micheal for all his warts, was still the best available back on the roster for over half a season, and to boot the same FO they are now lauding for releasing him, are the same FO putting him on the field.....

I hope nothing but the best for Rawls and Prosise, maybe Pope as well, even Collins ( who to date has been an absolutely horrible selection) have zero issues with them cutting him, but people better pray we get 5YPC Rawls and not 1YPC Rawls moving forward, at least if they truly want that second Lombardi sitting in the trophy case

There you go. Answers RD and Monkey questions before they were asked. Yes indeed he was the best RB available on the team, doesn't mean he was moving forward. Hence, starting, leading the team in YPC, rushes, TDs etc.

I don't play favorites. I want the best player available on the field, and trust the front office to get it done. I don't profess to know better than they, nor do I develop personal grudges against players that I hold when they're on the field, I'll leave that to others. I support my team, win or lose, and support the players regardless of whether I personally prefer them or not. I'm realistic about faults, but I'm also not prone to expecting perfection, again something I leave to others. I don't write a unit or player off depending on a single game, or even a couple games.... That is simply how I roll. No knee jerk reactions, calling for people's jobs based on frustration, bias out lack of understanding of the game, no defending at all costs when the play poorly, no personal attachments to players to the point of blindness. Doesn't matter if the last name is Thomas, Micheal, Irvin, Carpenter, Lynch or Wilson. I care about the teams success, and grasp opponents, situations, talent etc as a whole.
Last edited by HumanCockroach on Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby monkey » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:23 pm

RiverDog wrote:
What do you mean, no one is listening? Who started the Brain Farts thread? I stated in that thread that it wouldn't surprise me if he was gone by the end of the year and guess what? You're not the only one that saw this coming.

I assumed you would know I wasn't referring to you, seeing as how you started that thread.
:D
monkey
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:26 pm

Does anyone even know why Collins is on the roster at this point?
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:44 pm

Potential. Same reason Micheal lasted two seasons before being traded to Dallas. He certainly hasn't provided much in the way of positives to date.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:48 pm

I guess I don't see the practices and such, but I would've cut Collins after the preseason. I hope whatever the coaches see in him presents itself. I would much prefer Michael on my roster to Collins, but that's just my non-professional opinion.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:02 pm

I was surprised when they originally cut Pope and kept Collins as I thought Pope showed more in the pre-season. Like you said, without seeing practices there's not a lot to judge, but game play does or should count.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:30 pm

monkey wrote:I assumed you would know I wasn't referring to you, seeing as how you started that thread.
:D

Yea, I suppose I should have deduced that.

HC, if he was the best RB available on our team he'd still be on the team. All he was doing was keeping the chair warm for when Rawls got healthy again. It's not a sin to admit when you made a misjudgment.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:46 pm

I'm sorry, was Rawls available? Prosise? No, so best RB available on the team? Yep. Or are you going to claim Spiller and Collins were better and the coaches just didn't like them ...

Truth is, even WHEN Prosise AND Rawls WERE available early in the season, Micheal was still the best back available on the team... It's simply the truth, regardless of what your personal opinion of the man were or are, he outperformed them, and every single statistic backs it up. Obviously, the coaches feel Prosise has drastically improved, and Rawls is healthy and will return to the pre 2016 running back form ( as he's been downright bad and unproductive the two games he played in). I trust them to make that call, and have trusted them all along. Not really my problem if you can't, and won't.

Edit: I agree it isn't a sin to admit when you're wrong. Still waiting for you to do it though.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:19 pm

Landed with the Packers:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ff-waivers

Good for him even if the Seahawks end up playing him in the next few weeks, assuming he sticks.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:43 pm

Unfortunate Seattle needed him through the trade deadline, otherwise could have gotten another draft pick out of him.... Just the way it goes, there was zero other viable options available. Obviously Prosise wasn't ready to take on more, Rawls was still injured, and Collins hurt the team more than helped them in his limited chances...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:52 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Unfortunate Seattle needed him through the trade deadline, otherwise could have gotten another draft pick out of him.... Just the way it goes, there was zero other viable options available. Obviously Prosise wasn't ready to take on more, Rawls was still injured, and Collins hurt the team more than helped them in his limited chances...

Now that's a way to make a point, right up there!^^^^^^ :D
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:08 pm

Unfortunate Seattle needed him through the trade deadline, otherwise could have gotten another draft pick out of him.... Just the way it goes, there was zero other viable options available. Obviously Prosise wasn't ready to take on more, Rawls was still injured, and Collins hurt the team more than helped them in his limited chances...

I am just surprised that PC released him now, instead of waiting till the end of the year. I knew he was gone, just not this soon.
obiken
Legacy

Postby monkey » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:50 pm

EmeraldBullet wrote:Does anyone even know why Collins is on the roster at this point?

Yes, upside and less cost.
He's a rookie for crying out loud, whereas Michael has been for years with the team.
monkey
Legacy

Postby HawkDawg » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:13 pm

I was excited for a CM resurgence during the preseason, he seemed to be scared, hungry and willing to change/improve. It seemed work in the first few games, he needed a job and was "All In". Then it felt like he went back to his old ways, doing things his way, which reminded of the reason why we dropped him in the first place. The team mentality aspect is an obvious part of Carroll's success with the Hawks. I wish him the best with GB, perhaps he'll be a better fit over there. We gave him two shots and it didn't work.
HawkDawg
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:42 pm

Never was excited for a Michael resurgence, just was realistic about what he was, the best back on the roster, when we needed him.... Truth be told, he is a viable running back, but not a franchise one, at least a Seattle franchise one. I'm not nearly as sold as many on Rawls either to be honest, part of being that back is availability, and consistent success. Last year he had the latter, but unfortunately not the former, this season he's had neither. I'm certainly hoping it was just a truncated start, but at this point I'm not sure.

Prosise certainly excites, but it far to early ( at least from an outside perspective) to know for sure. I really honestly don't see him as a feature back, more of an explosive Sproles type guy( which would make sense as that was the role they envisioned for him when he was drafted), but again it's far to early to really tell.... Hopefully they both live up to the expectations and quickly.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:43 am

Michaels potential made me drool. sub 4.5 speed and a 230 lb frame. The few times he got to the second level his speed was obvious and he had a good nose for the endzone. But he lacked patience and vision which led to poor balance and tackling himself. He was who he was. He got us through some tough times and I wish him well. Carroll had nothing but praise for him and GB snatched him off the waiver wire. I hope he doesn't go off for a buck fifty on us :lol:
Baldwin is comparing Prosise to Forte or Foster. Ill say that over the shoulder rainbow he caught from Russ is a catch some receivers cant handle.
I think we know Rawls is ready.
It will be OK.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:47 pm

So..... Would you guys rather have Collins or Michael backing up Rawls as Seattle pushes for a championship?
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:51 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:So..... Would you guys rather have Collins or Michael backing up Rawls as Seattle pushes for a championship?

How long is Prosise out? Actually, what happened to him?

Looks like Pope is out for 4-6 - IR for him?
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:05 pm

Pete didn't say how long Pope would be out. He said an ankle. He said CJ would be out awhile and has a "chance" to make it back.

Hindsight is 20-20. It's tough to have Rawls, Prosise & Pope and keep a head case. Knowing 2/3rds of them are out, who knows what would change if PC and JS knew. They don't plan for the wort thing to happen. We will be ok.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:03 pm

Best case scenario from what I've read for Prosise is 8 weeks, Pope is somewhere in the 4-6 range with high ankle sprain.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:08 pm

Prosise is so talented, and I didn't realize how big he was (220), but even in the last games, some of the hits he took made me think he can't stay healthy taking punishment like that. Wonder who they'll bring in now.
I-5
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:15 pm

I-5 wrote:Prosise is so talented, and I didn't realize how big he was (220), but even in the last games, some of the hits he took made me think he can't stay healthy taking punishment like that. Wonder who they'll bring in now.

This is what I wonder about Rawls. While everyone loves his physical style - how long can he go without sustaining an injury from his physical pounding running style?
savvyman
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum