The best collision ever

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

The best collision ever

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:58 pm

I've been watching replays of ET blasting into Gronk for 3 days now. It doesn't get old. ET blasting him full speed high with a perfect legal tackle. ET bounces off several yards and Gronk is stuffed in his tracks slowly tumbling backwards, something I don't know I remember seeing happen. I've seen him get injured being cut from the bottom but never blown up like that.

Both men have earned another level of respect from me. ET weighs 202 lbs and is 5'10" on his tiptoes. Gronk is 6'6" and 265 lbs. I don't know when I've last seen someone that small take on a moose like that up high. Its one of the more courageous plays I've seen in a long time.

Then to find out Gronk played the rest of the game extremely well on a partially collapsed lung. Max props I always respected his ability but that's a legend of the game type of day.Jeezus I need 2 lungs to climb the stairs.
Big time
Hawktawk
Legacy

Re: The best collision ever

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:52 am

Hawktawk wrote:I've been watching replays of ET blasting into Gronk for 3 days now. It doesn't get old. ET blasting him full speed high with a perfect legal tackle. ET bounces off several yards and Gronk is stuffed in his tracks slowly tumbling backwards, something I don't know I remember seeing happen. I've seen him get injured being cut from the bottom but never blown up like that.

Both men have earned another level of respect from me. ET weighs 202 lbs and is 5'10" on his tiptoes. Gronk is 6'6" and 265 lbs. I don't know when I've last seen someone that small take on a moose like that up high. Its one of the more courageous plays I've seen in a long time.

Then to find out Gronk played the rest of the game extremely well on a partially collapsed lung. Max props I always respected his ability but that's a legend of the game type of day.Jeezus I need 2 lungs to climb the stairs.
Big time

Agreed, epic play all the way around!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:18 pm

I can't say for sure because I have not reviewed the game, but I remember Gronk being tentative on his patterns later in the game, (probably due to the hit). Anyone else notice this?
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:23 pm

I read somewhere where he said he didn't feel right for the rest of the game. No wonder, and it seems he might have some type of chest injury although an early report of a punctured lung might not be correct.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:25 am

It is my understanding that Gronk has not practiced and will likely not play this weekend. They are being coy about the nature of the injury to his chest. It was a strike, that is for sure.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:49 am

Incredible play. Like Gronk said - ET came in like a missile. Given Gronk is out this week because of the hit, it's amazing he remained in the game. Hopefully he's back soon.

The Kuechly injury in last nights game was really hard to watch. The play seemed fairly routine, actually looked like he may have hurt his knee. Watching his reaction to what appears to be a concussion was surreal. I dont recall ever seen a player carted off, streaming tears because of a concussion. I wonder if he was aware of what was happening?
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:58 am

The Kuechly injury in last nights game was really hard to watch.

Man you're not kidding. I hadn't seen it until this morning (recorded the game but didn't watch last night).

Guy's a complete stud, and the hit looked completely innocuous, but he didn't look like he had any idea where he was.

Scary- hope he's OK.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:09 pm

I didn't see the hit on Kuechly, but I wonder if he has a history of concussions.
If so, he may retire earlier than expected, but I hope not. He's turned out to be one of the best MLBs in the league.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:01 pm

Hawkstar wrote: I wonder if he was aware of what was happening?

Speaking from experience (I've had six diagnosed concussions, three that required at least overnight admission, one of which put me in a coma for 4 days) my guess is that he not only had no awareness of anything beyond "now I don't get to play?!" but that he's got little or no memory of it now. Very scary to watch a grown man you know to be a total stud reduced to that blubbering mass. My heart really went out to him.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:18 pm

Wow, Bob............... scary stuff. I had a similar thought as commentators last night and pundits today described a man reduced to tears because of what this injury would mean for him. Having had concussions myself, I was a little surprised nobody stated the obvious....his bell was rung so hard he did not know what planet he was on. You do weird things after a concussion, like cry or freak the hell out because you don't know how you got to where you are. I do not think he was crying because of pain or because of what was become.

I guess the commentators last night (Michaels and Collinsworth) could have been operating under the premise that it was his knee/leg - so they get a pass, but the discussions I have heard today have not even mentioned the possibility that he was on concussion auto-pilot and likely doesn't even remember it.

North - he has had other concussions, one of which kept him out for a long time as he could not pass the concussion protocol. Like a month or more last year. And he has had multiple concussions. It really is a bummer and I hope he is ok and can lead a healthy life. He is one player I love to watch, but if he is prone to serious concussions...hmmmm. I'll cross my fingers for him.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:51 pm

North - he has had other concussions, one of which kept him out for a long time as he could not pass the concussion protocol. Like a month or more last year. And he has had multiple concussions. It really is a bummer and I hope he is ok and can lead a healthy life. He is one player I love to watch, but if he is prone to serious concussions...hmmmm. I'll cross my fingers for him.

Oh man- didn't know any of that. Couldn't agree more with the sentiment hoping he's OK not only for more football but in the long run as well. CTE injuries aren't pretty.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:19 am

The scariest thing for Luke is that this is only his second diagnosed concussion as I recall. The first one he was out a month.
And correct me if I'm wrong it just didn't look like he got hit in the head much at all. It had to be more the deceleration trauma and even at that it wasn't that violent, nothing like Gronk and ET.
I have to wonder if LK is possibly prone to concussions from the number of hits. Steve young got that way where simply being thrown to the ground would cause a concussion and it was why he retired.
I hope this kid can come back. Hes whats good about the game.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:40 pm

Nah, this is Kuechly's second *diagnosed* concussion, I promise he's had others. No way to play the way he does without them.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:49 pm

It's his third "diagnosed" concussion.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby SalmonBB » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:39 pm

THIS is the "best hit ever" (the hit captured at 1:42 of the following link):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSOPrwb-mQc

Also my own favorite play ever.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
SalmonBB
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:25 pm

SalmonBB wrote:THIS is the "best hit ever" (the hit captured at 1:42 of the following link):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSOPrwb-mQc

Also my own favorite play ever.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Yes! Definitely one of favorite Seahawk moments. The back story leading up to the Hit makes it even more awesome.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:30 pm

Yup- gets the payback hit, knocks the ball loose, AND recovers it? Most satisfying and symmetric bit of karma in the history of the NFL, I think, and with a sure-fire first-ballot Hall-of-Famer.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:54 pm

Wish I could have been old enough to appreciate Steve Largent! What a play and a hell of a guy.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:12 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:It's his third "diagnosed" concussion.

I apologize, I was going off what ESPN reported.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers coach Ron Rivera on Friday described the possibility that middle linebacker Luke Kuechly has suffered his second career concussion "concerning"
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum