sherman's post-game comments — lmao!!!

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: sherman's post-game comments — lmao!!!

Postby rottweiler » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:12 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Well, that is how THUGS roll Rott, and it is obvious that she has no respect for herself or others, you can tell how much of a THUG she is, simply by looking at her, right? Um, it's obvious she is an embarrassment to society, um, she definitely is a gang member, LMFAO.

Plus a trillion, G.

Streeee-raight thuggin' it up in Hawkville, baby.

Thanks to tha haterz on tha frick'n tv, it's really tha only way we allowed ta be.

Let's take it and roll widdit: it's cash money. :twisted:
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby Clem7 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:35 pm

Clem7
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Well, yeah, but we all know how classless and thuggish Hank Aaron is right? Right? LMFAO. Same people trashing Sherman are the same individuals, that insult anyone and everything they get their hands on in the twitterverse, or the "classy" individuals that find it amusing to go on other teams boards, lie, and insult said team, their fans and organisation to get a rise.

Nothing says "class" like that, you know.....LOL
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Seahawker » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:36 pm

This whole Sherman thing is just blown-out-of-proportion-stupid.
Roger Goodell might want it to be a gentlemens game, but it's not. At least not yet.
NHL, NASCAR, boxing... yeah, but stick out your pinky finger when you drink from the NFL teacup. What a Joke.

Besides, what about the 1996 incident where a female trainer alleged Manning placed his naked butt (anus/testicles) in her face while she was trying to work on him? The lawsuit was later settled under confidential terms.

How about when Manning threw for 397/4TDs, 51-28 win over Tennessee this year in 20 degree weather? After the game PM addressed those who think he can't throw in the cold, "Whoever wrote that narrative can shove it where the sun don't shine."
he said that on national TV and the media barely noticed.

Then PM talking about his "Idiot kicker" and said he was "liquored up".

Remember Peyton throwing his o-line under the bus after a 2006 playoff game pinning the loss on them?
How about berating Jeff Saturday on the sidelines?

OMAHA!! OMAHA!!

Yeah Peyton, more like Mutual of Omaha. Remember the old jingle?
-Mutual of Omaha... it's people you can count on when the going's rough.
Better keep yelling it loud Peyton, it's a Wild Kingdom out there and the Seahawk defense is a jungle cat.

Manning should take a hint from his Commercial. "The Buick Verano, feels like the whole team's protecting me in here".
Maybe you'd better stay inside the buick Peyton, cuz there's some vicious wild animals just outside the door that you've never seen before.

OMAHA!!!
Seahawker
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:55 pm

Seahawker wrote:This whole Sherman thing is just blown-out-of-proportion-stupid.
Roger Goodell might want it to be a gentlemens game, but it's not. At least not yet.
NHL, NASCAR, boxing... yeah, but stick out your pinky finger when you drink from the NFL teacup. What a Joke.

Besides, what about the 1996 incident where a female trainer alleged Manning placed his naked butt (anus/testicles) in her face while she was trying to work on him? The lawsuit was later settled under confidential terms.

How about when Manning threw for 397/4TDs, 51-28 win over Tennessee this year in 20 degree weather? After the game PM addressed those who think he can't throw in the cold, "Whoever wrote that narrative can shove it where the sun don't shine."
he said that on national TV and the media barely noticed.

Then PM talking about his "Idiot kicker" and said he was "liquored up".

Remember Peyton throwing his o-line under the bus after a 2006 playoff game pinning the loss on them?
How about berating Jeff Saturday on the sidelines?

OMAHA!! OMAHA!!

Yeah Peyton, more like Mutual of Omaha. Remember the old jingle?
-Mutual of Omaha... it's people you can count on when the going's rough.
Better keep yelling it loud Peyton, it's a Wild Kingdom out there and the Seahawk defense is a jungle cat.

Manning should take a hint from his Commercial. "The Buick Verano, feels like the whole team's protecting me in here".
Maybe you'd better stay inside the buick Peyton, cuz there's some vicious wild animals just outside the door that you've never seen before.

OMAHA!!!

You forgot Hurry Hurry!, In a few weeks he'll be saying... the Defense is the Mike.....hike, then while laying on his back...he will say Omaha! I just don't see this Offense having the success that they have had against the sub par D's that they have played against this year! This is the Hawks year!
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:04 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:

Well, yeah, but we all know how classless and thuggish Hank Aaron is right? Right? LMFAO. Same people trashing Sherman are the same individuals, that insult anyone and everything they get their hands on in the twitterverse, or the "classy" individuals that find it amusing to go on other teams boards, lie, and insult said team, their fans and organisation to get a rise.

Example A of a man that can dish it by the shovel full but cannot take it. Just like I said: he lises, the refs caused it. He wins, he wants to pat you on the ass and shake hands during the game.

He calls degrades other people - yuk yuk it's funny or he's real. Other people call him a name, they're a racist.

Smart guy. Deflect all criticism away and turn this into a race issue. During SB week. Woops. It's . .
SB week. But let's chat about phony race issues.

Me? I share my opinion on a freaking blog board, and I have no class. Him? He calls out the entire universe and he's "real". If only I was 6'4 and could run a 4.5. Then I'd be real too ;)
Futureite
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:17 pm

No, your "classless" because you continue to IGNORE everything put in front of you, have shown or continue to show support for players that have done FAR worse than having an emotionally charged rant against a player who refused to shake his hand and attempted to start a fight with him OFF the field, at a CHARITY event. Your classless because YOU yourself have chastised people on this board for "taking it to seriously, it is just entertainment...." and then in this instance it's a class problem. You have LIED in this and other threads, refuse to acknowledge that it was CRABTREE not Sherman that fired the first shot, IN the PRESS earlier this week, and for you that is fine and dandy ( well you know because Crabs is such a fine upstanding individual, with numerous charitable work, a clean off the field record that has never had any type of questionable problems...cough, cough my mistake).

In a nutshell, not only are you a hypocrite, but you choose to do so on an opposing teams board. You claim a superior stance, and continue to fail to live up to the standards you conveniently demand ONLY from the Seahawks players. And THAT my little troll IS what MAKES you CLASSLESS ( amongst other things).
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:20 pm

Future when you call him a Monkey or a N******r, you are being racist and that's exactly what was happening all over social media. Stop trying to spin stuff. Even calling him a Thug is coded language. He's anything but a Thug, and it's hard for me to believe if he was white acting the same way that he'd be getting that label.

Call him classless, immature, etc. thats an opinion you an back up. When you start in with the thug nonsense you're just being an idiot trying to stereotype.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:21 pm

But let's chat about phony race issues.

Look, I'm the absolute *last* guy that tolerates the race card getting thrown around every time someone burns someone else's waffle (as is a daily occurrence now), but if you think this hasn't been turned into a racial issue, you haven't read the twitter feed.

If anyone doubts real racists still exist, go read the sh*t that was thrown Sherm's way for him being kind of a dick to Crabtree.

And for the record, I don't think Sherm's handshake offer was legitimate sportsmanship- I think he was being a smart@ss.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Seahawker » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:49 pm

Now, now HCR, that might have been going a little hard on futureite. You just can't expect a 9er troll to make personal improvements so rapidly, especially after a loss such as this. I did notice Jim Harbaugh finally learned how to lose like a man, future should follow his lead. Just some friendly advice futureite, class is really taste & judgement in the affirmative, it also has something to do with being humble. That's why I thought you should have a Largent avatar, because nobody has more class than our #80. Our #80, not yours. Anyway you still got all those Lombardi trophies, so cheer up!

Maybe you should just go to your favorite Niner forum and talk about this offseason. You know free agents, the draft, salary cap and try to get your team in order so you're not MEDIOCRE when we play you next season.

Stay classy San Francisco.
Seahawker
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:00 pm

Futureite wrote:
HumanCockroach wrote:

Example A of a man that can dish it by the shovel full but cannot take it. Just like I said: he lises, the refs caused it. He wins, he wants to pat you on the ass and shake hands during the game.

He calls degrades other people - yuk yuk it's funny or he's real. Other people call him a name, they're a racist.

Smart guy. Deflect all criticism away and turn this into a race issue. During SB week. Woops. It's . .
SB week. But let's chat about phony race issues.

Me? I share my opinion on a freaking blog board, and I have no class. Him? He calls out the entire universe and he's "real". If only I was 6'4 and could run a 4.5. Then I'd be real too ;)

That post has CP written all over it! The ability to ignore other posts that de-bunk your posts is truly a CP tactic. Future, you are quickly showing your true colors and if I thought you were a reasonable and honest guy I'd put up a hundo that you are the alter ego of CP!

You are starting to sound like a whiny B that doesn't have a leg to stand on and refuses to admit it. See ya next year and I hope your head coach finds it in him to not be such a ass clown on the side lines.
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:05 pm

Missed this, too:

Example A of a man that can dish it by the shovel full but cannot take it.

Au contraire- I think Sherm *can* take it. He hasn't typically had to to this point because, well, he's the best corner in the game and teams avoid him like the freaking plague, but you can watch him in game when someone gets the better of him (when it happens). He's the first to shake the guy's hand if memory serves.

And when you consider his background- extremely smart, well-educated, Comm major- it seems expected, not surprising, in retrospect.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:16 pm

LOL, can shovel it but not take it..... LMFAO..... re watch the play, Sherman called out in the media, disrespected at a charity event by Crabtree, makes the plays, pats him on the butt, extends his hand and says "good game", I have NO doubt in my mind that he was taunting him, but as you say future, shovel it out, but take it, ie Crabs response, hit him in the face.... LMFAO.. Crabs can shovel it, your only beef is Sherman returned it, and it hurt your "sensibilities" a guy who claims it is "just entertainment" LMFAO.....
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby MW40 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:10 pm

My only comment on Richard Sherman is: I wish he was on my team.
MW40
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:42 pm

Did anyone watched the mic'd up tonight on NFL network? It was Sherman and Crabtree. I'm curious because my Direct TV is out due to weather.

All I was able to see was the handshake at the end of the game (via nfl.com) which I was surprised to say actually seemed sincere on the part of Sherman. If anyone watched the entire thing I'd really like to hear some opinions because after seeing that brief clip I'm even more in the corner of Sherman now. There was no smart alec tone in is voice, just said "hell of a game" and extended his hand which was met by a hand to the helmet. Crabtree looked like the classless one.

If anyone watched the entire thing I'd really like to know if there was something I missed where Sherman was really being a jerk.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:01 pm

If anyone watched the entire thing I'd really like to know if there was something I missed where Sherman was really being a jerk.

Yeah, I've said (here? another thread?) I thought he was just being a smart@ss, that I doubt it was a sincere handshake, but I'll reserve the right to change my tune after hearing the mic'd up.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:04 pm

just google it and you can find the video of the actual handshake. I was just curious if there was more context in the broadcast tonight.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:40 pm

No more context. Sherman pats him on the butt, says "helluva game, helluva game" extends his hand, Crabs slaps him in the facemask. That is it.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby monkey » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:10 pm

Distant Relative wrote:I just don't see this Offense having the success that they have had against the sub par D's that they have played against this year! This is the Hawks year!

I don't either, the Broncos haven't seen a defense even close to the level of sheer violence we bring.

More than the strength on strength match up though, once again, just like I said about the Saints game, it's our offense against their defense where our match up advantage is.
Firstly, the Broncos secondary is weak, at best. Secondly, in order to cover up the defenses weaknesses against the run, they completely sell out to stop it.
That means that there will be moments where a big/deep pass play will be there, just for the taking.
More importantly, it doesn't matter how much they sell out to stop the run, we've run the ball effectively against FAR, FAR, FAR superior defenses, including the Niners just last game.
If the Niners with their awesome front 7 can't stop Lynch, how in the world are the Broncos, who aren't even in the same conversation defensively, going to do it?
They're not!
monkey
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:59 pm

Although I've warmed up to him a little lately, mostly due to learning a little more about his background, I've never been a fan of how Richard Sherman conducts himself. But the vitriol of which some of the fans and media are attacking him with is going way, way over the top. Thuggish? Aaron Hernandez is a thug. Pacman Jones is a thug. Richard Sherman may be a first class jerk, but he's not a thug. He hasn't broken any laws, hasn't caused anyone any real harm. The worst I can say about him is that he's very unsportsmanlike and a little too self centered for my tastes.

I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, but here's a morning after Richard Sherman, apologetic about how things went Sunday night.

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2438927/Shermans-Passion
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:25 am

A great deal of Sherman's attitude is schtick. It's part of the game he likes to play. Initially, yeah, he's actually fired up - some say too much - when talkin' to the camera with Erin Andrews beside him.

But, really, he just enjoys playing the villain. Personally, I think the guy sits at home and laughs - probably to the point of tears - at all the hoopla he creates. And you know what? Good for him.

It's all about what's trending in this country anymore. Right now, it's Richard Sherman. And I don't think he'd have it any other way.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:02 am

So nfl.com confirms that there were zero interactions during the game between Crabtree and Sherman. The first and only words to Crabtree from Sherman were "he'll of a game". Crabtree response, a hand to the face. Everything coming out backs Sherman's account. He didn't handle it the best way still but Crabtree is looking worse IMO.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:20 am

kalibane wrote:So nfl.com confirms that there were zero interactions during the game between Crabtree and Sherman. The first and only words to Crabtree from Sherman were "he'll of a game". Crabtree response, a hand to the face. Everything coming out backs Sherman's account. He didn't handle it the best way still but Crabtree is looking worse IMO.

I'm not going to go so far as to say that Crabtree is "looking worse". He didn't go on a WWE-like tirade like Sherman did. But it's becoming more and more apparent to me that Sherman's rant was not unprovoked.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:44 am

I would call trying to provoke an altercation at a charity event and physically refusing a show of sportsmanship as being worse than a verbal rebuke. The presence of a camera or lack thereof does not change the the severity of the transgression.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:50 am

kalibane wrote:I would call trying to provoke an altercation at a charity event and physically refusing a show of sportsmanship as being worse than a verbal rebuke. The presence of a camera or lack thereof does not change the the severity of the transgression.

I think it does. Sherman's behavior was there for millions of impressionable kids and young adults to see. Crabtree's verbal rebuke was witnessed by only a few, and almost certainly no kids.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:22 am

RiverDog wrote:
kalibane wrote:So nfl.com confirms that there were zero interactions during the game between Crabtree and Sherman. The first and only words to Crabtree from Sherman were "he'll of a game". Crabtree response, a hand to the face. Everything coming out backs Sherman's account. He didn't handle it the best way still but Crabtree is looking worse IMO.

I'm not going to go so far as to say that Crabtree is "looking worse". He didn't go on a WWE-like tirade like Sherman did. But it's becoming more and more apparent to me that Sherman's rant was not unprovoked.

Evidently words speak louder than actions to you then ... Poppycock!, what Crabtree did was far worse than what Sherman said.

You're just cringing at the embarrassment you personally feel because Sherm had the temerity to say it to the world and then reiterate it (again to the world) after the fact to make sure everyone knew he meant it.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:35 am

The same kids who watch WWE and don't understand it's fake? Um...
kalibane
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:51 am

c_hawkbob wrote:
RiverDog wrote:

Evidently words speak louder than actions to you then ... Poppycock!, what Crabtree did was far worse than what Sherman said.

You're just cringing at the embarrassment you personally feel because Sherm had the temerity to say it to the world and then reiterate it (again to the world) after the fact to make sure everyone knew he meant it.

You're "actions speak louder than words" analogy is completely irrelevant due to the apples and oranges difference in the audience. Under the circumstances, Sherman's words had far more impact than Crabtree's actions.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:09 am

Bullspit.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:29 am

MW40 wrote:My only comment on Richard Sherman is: I wish he was on my team.

Glad he's on mine!
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:02 am

Here's an article from a Canadian sports writer largely about Sherman.
For those who don't know PK Subban is a Hockey player for Montreal who is outspoken.
I think some of us might like it.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl/ri ... ical-fans/
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby monkey » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:46 am

burrrton wrote:
But let's chat about phony race issues.

Look, I'm the absolute *last* guy that tolerates the race card getting thrown around every time someone burns someone else's waffle (as is a daily occurrence now), but if you think this hasn't been turned into a racial issue, you haven't read the twitter feed.

If anyone doubts real racists still exist, go read the sh*t that was thrown Sherm's way for him being kind of a dick to Crabtree.

And for the record, I don't think Sherm's handshake offer was legitimate sportsmanship- I think he was being a smart@ss.

Exactly!
And yes, I agree he was being a smartasss...and you know what I say about that, (I'm sure you do as well)?
SO WHAT?!?

So Sherman is a trash talker, who likes to rub it in people's faces after THEY START s***, and then he shows them up on the field.
I say GOOD!!!
Sherm backed up what he said on the field of play, then let him know about it, and I couldn't possibly care less. In fact, I love it!
Crabtree is a twit, and if he's going to start s*** with Sherm, then that's what he gets! Don't like it? Then don't start it!
monkey
Legacy

Postby monkey » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:53 am

Is there anything more hypocritical than a Niners troll at a Seahawks fan site, lecturing people on "class"?
Seriously.
monkey
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:58 am

NorthHawk wrote:Here's an article from a Canadian sports writer largely about Sherman.
For those who don't know PK Subban is a Hockey player for Montreal who is outspoken.

Good article, and directed specifically to some on this thread.....
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby monkey » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:06 am

HumanCockroach wrote:LOL, can shovel it but not take it..... LMFAO..... re watch the play, Sherman called out in the media, disrespected at a charity event by Crabtree, makes the plays, pats him on the butt, extends his hand and says "good game", I have NO doubt in my mind that he was taunting him, but as you say future, shovel it out, but take it, ie Crabs response, hit him in the face.... LMFAO.. Crabs can shovel it, your only beef is Sherman returned it, and it hurt your "sensibilities" a guy who claims it is "just entertainment" LMFAO.....

THIS ^^^ X 1000

Sherman claps and laughs when he gets beat, and admits it, "you got me that time" can OFTEN be heard when someone does get by him.
Against the Vikings this year, a nobody receiver did a simple double move, and Sherm bit on it, got beat and gave up a touchdown, ALL ON HIM.
He was later heard on the sidelines (this is caught on video) talking and laughing with Lynch who had fumbled, about which of them made the biggest boner, and which would then make the biggest play to make up for it.

He takes it JUST FINE! But of course, my saying that will not change the troll's mind, because it's made up regardless of the evidence.
monkey
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:24 am

NorthHawk wrote:Here's an article from a Canadian sports writer largely about Sherman.

Good stuff, thanks for the link.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:14 pm

RiverDog wrote:

So your issue is with the media and society, not Sherman's rant? Sherman isn't the first, won't be the last, and there are a slew of beloved sports figures in this society that have done far worse than that 45 second rant,the difference isn't that he did it, that is old hat, the difference is instead of admiring his fire, or honesty, or emotion, we are a society of pussified people that insist being emotional, or honest is a "weakness" not a strength, and there are millions that can chime in on it.
Last edited by HumanCockroach on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:15 pm

c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:22 pm

Great article, and sums up my feelings on the matter pretty well. Society wants feuds, wants raw, wants real, and then becomes upset when they get what they want. It is a far stronger man to be true to who you are, than to pretend to be something you aren't, in my book Sherman is doing that, and I applaud him for it. It wasn't and isn't the way I handled myself, but that said, it was not who I was. Be yourself Sherman, don't change for the PC people that have zero problems throwing out racial slurs on twitter, or message boards.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:21 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:
RiverDog wrote:

So your issue is with the media and society, not Sherman's rant? Sherman isn't the first, won't be the last, and there are a slew of beloved sports figures in this society that have done far worse than that 45 second rant,the difference isn't that he did it, that is old hat, the difference is instead of admiring his fire, or honesty, or emotion, we are a society of pussified people that insist being emotional, or honest is a "weakness" not a strength, and there are millions that can chime in on it.

No, it's not. That's Futureite's beef, not mine. I've pretty much accepted the fact that my POV is a little behind the times, and I've come to live with it as one of those things that's not going to change anytime soon so I might as well accept it for what it is. Futureite obviously isn't there yet.

Outside of the fact that I consider both acts to be rude and unsportsmanlike and neither is something I'd want to bring my kids up thinking was acceptable, the rant, and the handshake refusal, in and of itself doesn't bother me that much. I'm not looking at the two actions per se. They are quite similar, neither involved a physical altercation, illegal activity, or anything more than a psychological attack. In other words, neither involved sticks and stones.

The difference I'm looking at is who witnessed the two events, and in my opinion, an unsportsmanlike act such as Sherman's rant in front of millions, including young, impressionable kids, trumps an unsportsmanlike act like Crabtree's handshake refusal in front of maybe a couple dozen adults and no cameras.

But I do agree with you that there have been far worse deeds done by contemporary sports figures, and I mentioned a couple of examples of such in Aaron Hernandez and Pacman Jones. IMO the entire episode is getting blown way out of proportion. It's a pissing contest between two high octane professional athletes that don't like each other and nothing more.
RiverDog
Legacy

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks Forum