sherman's post-game comments — lmao!!!

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

sherman's post-game comments — lmao!!!

Postby rottweiler » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:56 pm

AWESOME!!!
rottweiler
Legacy

Re: sherman's post-game comments — lmao!!!

Postby Clem7 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:56 pm

SUPER AWESOME !
Clem7
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:00 pm

I think Erin Andrews was scared spitless!!!

Too bad he couldn't come after you and Aikman, Joe Buck!!!
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:05 pm

maybe he is on something... that energy level at the end of the game... wow.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:34 pm

Troy, who is usually very fair, I mean he doesn't hesitate to criticize his Cowboys sure changed his tune when our Seahawks kept stepping up to the challenge at the end of the 3rd. QTR and all during the 4th. Then, at the end of the game he couldn't say enough good things LOL.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:37 pm

Screw Troy, screw Aaron, screw all the Idiots who didn't give the Hawks a chance!

Super Bowl Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:12 pm

Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:41 pm

Can Fox please fire Joe Buck. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

I cringe whenever he's on.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:50 pm

Steady_Hawk wrote:Can Fox please fire Joe Buck. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

I cringe whenever he's on.

No kidding! OMG I can't stand that idiot! He's easily my least favorite. I hate listening to him SO much!

As for Sherman's post game comments, GOOD!!!
I'm glad they caught him before he had the chance to compose himself, and they caught a piece of who he is in game.
A bunch of people were firing comments at me about how much they hate him after hearing that, and all I can do is laugh...you guys just don't get it.
He was ticked because Kaepernick had the AUDACITY to try to make the biggest play of the game against him! He'd made Crabtree disappear all game long, then Kaepernick was stupid enough to try him at the end of the game?!? Sherman takes that personally, he takes it as a slight to his abilities. That's just how he plays the game, he takes every throw made his way as a challenge to his manhood.
And all I can say is, if that's what it takes for him to get fired up to play at the level he is playing at for us, then GOOD! And if people don't like it, TOO BAD!!!

I love me some Richard Sherman! Best corner in football, period.
monkey
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:48 pm

lol, under the (Super Bowl) circumstances, I understand Sherman here.

It is what it is.

The best CB in the NFL expressing it as only he can.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:54 pm

Personally, I wasn't that hot on it but that's just me. He certainly earned the right to say what he wanted to.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:32 am

First off, congrats. Happy that you guys get to watch a potential champ and I am sure you will enjoy the next two weeks of SB hype. That is the funnest part, as all eyes are on just two teams. Your twam showed a ton of heart and they are the NFC's best, so they deserve it.

On the topic of the thread, I think Sherman embarassed himself and your entire city in the process. In all honesty, he can have his millions, Sranford degree, and deserved top of his profession recognition. I feel much better being a middle class nobody with some level of integrity.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:48 am

My personal preference is for Sherm to tone it down....but not if it changes how he plays. Hell, I've been a Hawk fan since before Sherm was born, so maybe I'm a lil old school. So much has gone into this team being in this spot in THIS moment and Sherm's persona is a part of that. It's a part of the swagger of the guys who have a chip on their shoulder. It helps elevate their play... So I'm all for it, kinda.

If whiner fans on Facebook (or by text, twitter Blogs or whatever) wanna cry foul or suggest a little humility goes a long way, I'd point them to the nearest mirror. Did Kaep or did Kaep not just mock Cam Newton in his own stadium last weekend just a split second before he kissed his own arms. Jeeeeez. Get a grip and be real. Between whining about the officiating and Sherm, they seem to be forgetting the three takeaways in the 4th quarter. I'm not talking to you, future.... So don't start in on me putting words in your mouth.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:24 am

Futureite wrote:First off, congrats. Happy that you guys get to watch a potential champ and I am sure you will enjoy the next two weeks of SB hype. That is the funnest part, as all eyes are on just two teams. Your twam showed a ton of heart and they are the NFC's best, so they deserve it.

On the topic of the thread, I think Sherman embarassed himself and your entire city in the process. In all honesty, he can have his millions, Sranford degree, and deserved top of his profession recognition. I feel much better being a middle class nobody with some level of integrity.

Guess it was a mistake for Crab to call him a mediocre corner back last year. Sherman holds onto stuff like that, uses it as fuel. You can say it "embarrassed" us all you like, it doesn't, plenty of things that are far worse to be concerned about than whether a guy spouts off about another player to the media or via twitter...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:05 am

"On the topic of the thread, I think Sherman embarassed himself and your entire city in the process. In all honesty, he can have his millions, Sranford degree, and deserved top of his profession recognition. I feel much better being a middle class nobody with some level of integrity."

Future, I always thought you were a classy poster on the forum, but I have never thought this brand of 49ers a classy bunch, starting with the coach and QB. Boldin and Crab are not far behind in their commentary. So I think Sherman has a LOT of company.
I-5
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:13 am

You know, some great player - cannot remember who - said you say all sorts of things between the lines, but once the game is over you leave it there. I wasn't a fan of Kap showing up Newton, and I don't want to turn this into a debate between whose team's player's actions are more classless. I have just never heard a professional athlete go out of his way to taunt and humiliate players or people in general after the game is over. What he did to Brady, Skip.Bayless, Crabtree, Patrick Peterson? There is something wrong with this guy, seriously.

The reason I write about this is not to reign on your parade; it's more a sad statement on this society in general. I mean this is what people want, what they celebrate. You have a man screaming about himself - calling yet another outstanding player "garbage" - on national TV after possibly the biggest game in your team's 37 yr history. THAT is how you celebrate a great team accomplishment? People want this. They want to see a guy go out of his way to trash other people well outside the white lines, after the game is over. To take it to an entirely new level, like reality tv 24 hrs a day.

I could care less about the game. Like I've posted before for 3 yrs now with you all, it's fun to get wrapped up in it, but win or lose my life is the same come Monday morning. This fn game is not bigger than me or you, and neither are its players. There are some things in life that are more important than a game - namely, integrity. I am glad that I was taught to live with some standards, some level of respect for other human beings. You could not pay me enough money to be Richard Sherman.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:38 am

I've never been particularly fond of Richard Sherman's antics. I can give him somewhat of a pass in the post game interview last night because he was still as high as a kite from an extremely hard fought and very bitter contest. You just can't turn off that kind of emotion when the entire crowd of close to 70,000 is still in the stadium screaming their lungs out, especially when it's against their hated rival and especially considering that players like Boldin and Crabtree have been adding fuel to the fire and considering that there was a trip to the Super Bowl on the line. It's not what I'm used to during my playing days, but I've learned to accept it for what it is.

But if Sherman comes out today and says anything less than complimenting the Niners on a very well played game and a great season, then I'll pull out my poison darts as Futureite has chosen to do. There should be no shame on anyone's part. That was one hell of a game.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:59 am

Forty Niner forums have found their new whipping stick. Its now Sherman.

You hear that sound? Its the sound of thousands of Forty Niner fans heads exploding in front of their computer screens.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:01 am

Here's the difference Future. Sherman is who he is. He's not fake, you know what you're getting. Kaepernick Mocks Cam Newton in his own stadium a guy he never shares the field with (which by the way is the difference between a defender kissing his bicep, he's directly competing with Kaep which gives Kaep the opportunity to give it right back) then post game Kaep makes up some BS about it being a fraternity thing that he just happens to have never done until he was facing off against the Panthers.

Maybe it comes down to preference. And it's not like I'm big upping Sherman, because it came across as clumsy and unnecessary, but at least Sherm isn't fake. He owns what he says instead if trying to weasel out of it on the podium. And hey last time some one out a microphone in front if Crabs mouth and asked him about Sherman Crabs called him mediocre. While I'd prefer Sherm took the high road, you reap what you sow Crabtree. And all the Niners for that matter who to a man refuse to give credit to opponents when they lose. Any complaining from you guys is hollow and meaningless. As Steve Smith would say "Ice up son"'.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:05 am

Futureite wrote:You know, some great player - cannot remember who - said you say all sorts of things between the lines, but once the game is over you leave it there. I wasn't a fan of Kap showing up Newton, and I don't want to turn this into a debate between whose team's player's actions are more classless. I have just never heard a professional athlete go out of his way to taunt and humiliate players or people in general after the game is over. What he did to Brady, Skip.Bayless, Crabtree, Patrick Peterson? There is something wrong with this guy, seriously.

The reason I write about this is not to reign on your parade; it's more a sad statement on this society in general. I mean this is what people want, what they celebrate. You have a man screaming about himself - calling yet another outstanding player "garbage" - on national TV after possibly the biggest game in your team's 37 yr history. THAT is how you celebrate a great team accomplishment? People want this. They want to see a guy go out of his way to trash other people well outside the white lines, after the game is over. To take it to an entirely new level, like reality tv 24 hrs a day.

I could care less about the game. Like I've posted before for 3 yrs now with you all, it's fun to get wrapped up in it, but win or lose my life is the same come Monday morning. This fn game is not bigger than me or you, and neither are its players. There are some things in life that are more important than a game - namely, integrity. I am glad that I was taught to live with some standards, some level of respect for other human beings. You could not pay me enough money to be Richard Sherman.

In the heat of the moment and just coming off a dramatic win after Crabtree was jawing at him during the game as well, he said some stuff that he probably should not have said, maybe. No worse than Joey Porter calling JS a punk. No worse than Irwin calling Graham a punk, its football. This happens. I don't condone what he said, but I understand that this is part of the game. What Sherman said was not over the top stuff. Typical trash talking if you ask me. Let it go Future. Let it go. And yes you pay me 10 million for one year, I would love to be Richard Sherman.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby monkey » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:41 am

Futureite wrote:First off, congrats. Happy that you guys get to watch a potential champ and I am sure you will enjoy the next two weeks of SB hype. That is the funnest part, as all eyes are on just two teams. Your twam showed a ton of heart and they are the NFC's best, so they deserve it.

I'm not embarrassed, maybe Niners fan ought to tell there loudmouth players like Crabtree, to keep their YAPS SHUT about the best cornerback in football!!He called down the thunder, and got what was coming to him.
Crabtree = mediocre receiver
Sherma = Best cornerback in football
monkey
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:45 am

monkey wrote:

I'm not embarrassed, maybe Niners fan ought to tell there loudmouth players like Crabtree, to keep their YAPS SHUT about the best cornerback in football!!He called down the thunder, and got what was coming to him.
Crabtree = mediocre receiver
Sherma = Best cornerback in football

I also thought that Harbaugh's comment about Crabtree being the best pass catcher EVER was way, way, over the top. I understand that it's OK for a head coach to talk up his players, but best EVER? Come on, Jimmy, you've watched more football than that.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:52 am

Crabs isn't mediocre. He's very good, in that respect Sherman missed the target. More than that if Crabs is mediocre it's nothing to crow about when you stop him. That being said, crabs isn't as good at his position as Sherm is at his.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:56 am

I feel much better being a middle class nobody with some level of integrity.

Oh give it a freaking rest. You know good and well Sherman's only crime there was getting caught in the moment and saying it to the cameras. You know both of those players were saying that stuff to each other *all game long*.

Sherm's off button just doesn't get pressed as quickly as most. If you want to crucify him for that, that's your prerogative, but don't give me the Brady-U-Mad-Bro BS acting like Crab is the second coming of Largent (wrt to his mouth).

Crabs isn't mediocre. He's very good, in that respect Sherman missed the target. More than that if Crabs is mediocre it's nothing to crow about when you stop him. That being said, crabs isn't as good at his position as Sherm is at his.

I'll give all this a ++, too.

It's easy to be generous in victory, but regardless, I think Crabtree is a very good receiver- that catch he made earlier in the game was outstanding.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:07 am

rottweiler
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:32 am

It was definitely the heat of the moment.

I have always been a fan of Richard Sherman fan and will remain one - He is the greatest NFL cornerback and I have posted before that I think he is our most valuable defensive player - I have also spoken in his defense regarding his verbal style.

This all being said- Yesterday he crossed the line - I am also referring to his post game comments in the press conference well after the game when the adrenaline wore off - he should issue an apology.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:50 am

He definitely crossed the line ( at least in regards to how society sets that line) that said, he was gloating at the end ( by slapping Crabs on the butt telling him good game and offering his hand and slapped in the face) the emotions went over the top, personally I don't like it, but I do like letting him be himself. I would no more criticize Sherman for being emotional and hyped than I would Wilson for always being cool, calm and collected...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:15 am

HumanCockroach wrote:He definitely crossed the line ( at least in regards to how society sets that line) that said, he was gloating at the end ( by slapping Crabs on the butt telling him good game and offering his hand and slapped in the face) the emotions went over the top, personally I don't like it, but I do like letting him be himself. I would no more criticize Sherman for being emotional and hyped than I would Wilson for always being cool, calm and collected...

... or Axl Rose for picking a fight with concert security.

... or John Gotti for inciting the crowd outside a courtroom to overturn a police car.

... or Vladimir Putin for promoting his country's sovereignity in the faces of goody-goodys the world over who for some reason think they have some kind of divine right to tell him how to govern.

Richard Sherman is one of the few guys left who is making it okay still to be that anachronism known as a man.

Keep the comments coming, haters:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/richard-sherman-makes-great-play-then-loses-mind-030047047--nfl.html
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:26 am

His comments made be a bit uneasy but I understand the moment and his personality. I do think he should apologize to Erin Andrews who looked totally freaked out by his rant! She is tooo hot to do that to.
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:35 am

Well Well Well... Here's a new layer.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/sherm ... nd-and-cr/

"Sherman has been upset with Crabtree since last summer. Both attended Arizona star receiver Larry Fitzgerald’s charity event. While there, Sherman went to shake Crabtree’s hand, and Crabtree tried to start a fight, according to Sherman’s older brother, Branton."

Funny what you find when you start peeling back the onion.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:42 am

kalibane wrote:Well Well Well... Here's a new layer.

"Sherman has been upset with Crabtree since last summer. Both attended Arizona star receiver Larry Fitzgerald’s charity event. While there, Sherman went to shake Crabtree’s hand, and Crabtree tried to start a fight, according to Sherman’s older brother, Branton."

I was surprised by Sherm's vehemence in the moment and told my wife there had to be more to the story, that there was something personal there ...
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:46 am

Indeed Bob. I wasn't so much thinking that in the initial interview but in the post game press conference he didn't back down an inch from what he said. At that point there was clearly more to it than just Sherman wanting to spout off.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:51 am

Sherman's brother Branton? Not exactly an objective, unbiased viewpoint, is it? I wonder what Larry Fitzgerald had to say about it.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:12 am

Well if it's not true then I guess Crabtree can sue for liable since MMQB published an allusion to it in Sherman's column this week. It also fits why Sherman would make a big deal of attempting to shake his hand again right after that play.

And do you have any instances of Sherman lying or are you just being cynical for the sake of it?
kalibane
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:16 am

RiverDog wrote:

Sherman's brother Branton? Not exactly an objective, unbiased viewpoint, is it? I wonder what Larry Fitzgerald had to say about it.

Yeah.

Because a wide receiver who is adored by the sports media yet who has been owned by Sherman in almost (key word, that) every game of Sherman's career likely has a totally "objective, unbiased viewpoint".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd1-HM234DE
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:38 am

Well if Fitz was witness to it I do believe he'd be objective about it, except he's not the kind of guy who would even talk about it if he did see something.

But even that is beside the point... Sherman talks, we know this. But he has only gone after two individuals to talk them down. Skip Bayless and Michael Crabtree. Crabs ain't exactly in good company. The fact that he will not back off of calling Crabtree mediocre in the press conference you can see there is something really personal there that extends beyond the field.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby Seahawker » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:01 am

I have zero (O) problem with Sherm's post game comments. He was pumped, he was challenged and there is a back story leading up to yesterday. I don't want the media & the rest of the country to like us. I only want us to be the feel good story inside the fan base, no more bandwagoners, the rest just do not matter.

My question to futureite and 9er fans is why was Harbaugh so stupid to go after the leagues best cover corner for the game winner?
Seahawker
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:24 am

In a way you can't blame them for going with their best guy in a one on one matchup. If you don't have the confidence to do that you might not belong on the field. But the problem comes in what Kaep should have taken away from film study.

On an outside route where Sherman has that tight trailing position with the sideline as an ally you simply do not throw that ball. I don't think I've ever seen that pass completed on Sherman and more often than not he intercepts it like he did on Vernon Davis in week two. He picked off at least two passes on similar plays this year and now has two tips leading to interceptions for teammates (Thomas and now Smith) on two other similar plays.

It's not a bad idea to challenge Sherman... If you litterally refuse to challenge him (as good as he is) the Seahawks win because the rest of the defense doesn't have to worry about anything on that side of the field, but if you're going to throw it, the receiver better have him beat otherwise you just don't throw it on that route and that's on Kaep.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:35 am

Besides, challenging Kam and Max on the other side didn't work out so real well either.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:54 am

When you're right you're right Bob... that's what's so awesome. Granted he didn't do it starting for the full season but Maxwell actually has the 2nd lowest passer rating against for opposing QBs behind only Sherman.

Kam, the supposed wink link in the secondary (he used to get torched by TEs but he's shut them down this year with the help of Wright) has been a monster this year. This is probably the best secondary I've seen at least since 1994 San Fran team with Deion, Eric Davis, Merton Hanks and Tim McDonald, and even then I think Thomas and Kam are playing much better than Hanks and McDonald were and the nickel and dime backs are far better than what SF had that year.
kalibane
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum