Marcel Reece

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Marcel Reece

Postby Hawkstar » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:51 pm

Looks like he's going to be signed to replace Will Tufa...(sp) after suffering another concussion last night. The mention is at the end of the ET article.

I hope Reece has something left - I've always loved his game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1821 ... mas-season
Hawkstar
Legacy

Re: Marcel Reece

Postby Jjones84 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:22 pm

Fro what I have read, he wasn't released due to performance. It was money, ped suspension and the play of the young guy they have. He can run block, and pass block decently. This could be a big pickup. He is 31, but low wear on his body. He has only been in the league for six years. Before the suspension, he was well on his way to the hall of fame. I am excited about this one. My first thread on here was asking what people thought about picking him up. I can't believe they did. The best thing about this signing imo, is that he can play hb. Insurance policy if nothing else. Go Hawks.
Jjones84
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:01 pm

He made a number of Pro Bowls, so if he has something left, he could be a real asset with such a young OL.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby monkey » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:14 pm

Old but Slow wrote:Didn't Reece play WR at the UW? Might as well add another dog.
yes he did and because of that, he's got a lot of versatility, able to play FB, HB, TE, H back etc...
I love this signing! Reese is a very good football player, the kind of versatile football guy that Pete likes.
He's a good enough lead blocker that he can replace Tukuafu, but more importantly, he's got terrific hands, and can upgrade over Farmer as the third down back until Prosise comes back
This was a terrific and underrated signing with literally zero downside.
monkey
Legacy

Postby Jjones84 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:49 am

I agree 100 percent monkey. When does a team ever get a chance to sign a pro bowl/all pro player at any position this point in the year.
Jjones84
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:29 am

Love it
The hardest working FO in the game hits another one out of the park.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum