"Supercuts"

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

"Supercuts"

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:14 pm

Mentioned this in another thread but I think it deserves it's own thread:

He's not "Thomas the Train" or even Sweet Lou anymore, the team calls Thomas Rawls "Supercuts"!

Check the 2:50 mark of the video in the link: http://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/onair/ ... -15370067/
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Re: "Supercuts"

Postby RiverDog » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:32 pm

Very appropriate nickname. Hopefully it applies to his future salary demands, too.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby monkey » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:26 pm

I'm just so happy to finally see a running back who can properly execute the offense. Watching Michael fail repeatedly was so tiresome, even more tiresome was hearing fans defend him like he was doing something great. Many of those people defending him were people who used to criticize Shaun Alexander for not running hard, which was just incredible to me.
Rawls is so much better than Michael that by contrast, it actually looks funny.
I honestly believe that if Rawls can just stay healthy, he's a top five running back. Easily.
monkey
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:02 am

monkey wrote:I'm just so happy to finally see a running back who can properly execute the offense. Watching Michael fail repeatedly was so tiresome, even more tiresome was hearing fans defend him like he was doing something great. Many of those people defending him were people who used to criticize Shaun Alexander for not running hard, which was just incredible to me.
I honestly believe that if Rawls can just stay healthy, he's a top five running back. Easily.

Good post, monkey. I agree with everything you said.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:11 pm

I agree too. #supercuts
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Jjones84 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:21 am

monkey wrote:I'm just so happy to finally see a running back who can properly execute the offense. Watching Michael fail repeatedly was so tiresome, even more tiresome was hearing fans defend him like he was doing something great. Many of those people defending him were people who used to criticize Shaun Alexander for not running hard, which was just incredible to me.

I posted this before, but kind of in wrong thread. I too, agree. I am not as concerned about rawls being injury prone. I know he has a violent running style, but his two injuries as a pro were broken bones. That means it took a hard, direct hit to cause. So probably more freak bad luck than injury prone. The same thing can be said about provide. Garvin, on the other hand, had a bunch of soft tissue injuries. Those are what scare me. If he had torn his acl twice, we may be in trouble.

So, with a little bit of thought into it, hopefully rawls will take hits a little bit better and hopefully not get hurt as much. I really can't picture a better back to replace beast mode. To me, it seems beast really rubbed off on rawls. I even saw the same exact wide base, jump cut beast mode used. I think he really paid attention to beast, and adapted some of his moves into his own. I really loved hearing collinsworth freaking out about how fast he cuts.

To me, Rawls is a very unique runner. I don't know that I have ever seen a guy that can hit the hole as fast as rawls. He has rare, one step to full speed acceleration. He hits the hole super fast, but also has great vision. His vision and patience will only improve with experience. To me, he is a mixture of a few running backs. His aggressiveness may even be more intense than beast modes. His vision could develop to rival Lev bells. And his natural movements remind me of ad ap. They don't necessarily look the same, but have that same ability to make people miss big in small spaces.

We really have a special rb chore. With Rawls, prosise and Pope, what potential. I would love to see them select another blue chip back next year too. If we added d'onte foreman, wow, we would have a backfield. The guy is big, fast and has that downhill bowling ball style. You all should check him out on YouTube, there is something about the guys style I think would really round out this rb room. There are several guys next year that would go well. I am a bsu fan, so Jeremy mcnichols is a guy I would like to see here as well.

I think recent success in the running game kind of proves that Michael was a problem for the Hawks. He made the o line look worse than they actually were. It's too bad, I have rooted for him since the beginning, and hoped he would work out this second time. But, people were right, he has some sort of mental thing he cannot get past. I hope he has success at GB, just not today.
Jjones84
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:52 am

Please..... I would have loved to see how many yards Dance....Dance....Dance...... then fall to the ground Alexander would have gotten behind this line or the lines Marshawn had to run behind most of his career.

I love Rawls running style - however it may be so much of an impact creating style that he will always spend a significant amount of his career injured?
savvyman
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum