Official Seahawks vs Packers POST Game Thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Official Seahawks vs Packers POST Game Thread

Postby savvyman » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:09 pm

No need to wait until the end to start this - because this game is over now. First and foremost, the blame goes on the Offense for this loss.
savvyman
Legacy

Re: Official Seahawks vs Packers POST Game Thread

Postby burrrton » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:15 pm

savvyman wrote:No need to wait until the end to start this - because this game is over now. First and foremost, the blame goes on the Offense for this loss.

Also the defense. Also special teams. There was literally no phase of the game that wasn't a joke today.

The entire team is being laughed at and mocked by every GB fan in the stadium today. Soak it in, boys.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:49 pm

Clearly the team was looking ahead to the very important "color rush" Thursday game.......
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:55 pm

I have no words or explanation for why this team played as dismally as they did in all phases of the game. No reasonable expectation would have had today's outcome. Pitiful, just pitiful.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:57 pm

burrrton wrote:Also the defense. Also special teams. There was literally no phase of the game that wasn't a joke today.

The entire team is being laughed at and mocked by every GB fan in the stadium today. Soak it in, boys.

No kidding. You can't spot too many teams 21 points in the first half and expect a team built like ours to compete. Our defensive line looked listless, like they all had some form of diabetes or something that sapped their energy. Rodgers was lame, couldn't move around like he normally does, and we still couldn't get decent pressure. We went at least 11 straight quarters before we got a sack, and that was in garbage time.

Someone said it in another thread, but this team has lost its competitive edge on the road. This season our offense has arguably put out 5 of the worst performances (LA, AZ, NO, TB, and GB) since Pete took over and all have come on the road. And this time, there's no excuses, no injured Russell, no injured Britt, no absence of our best running back, no stellar D to go up against. The Patriots game is rapidly looking like an anomaly, that the standard is that we play like s*** on the road like Holmgren coached teams used to play.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:53 pm

And this time, there's no excuses, no injured Russell, no injured Britt, no absence of our best running back, no stellar D to go up against. The Patriots game is rapidly looking like an anomaly, that the standard is that we play like s*** on the road like Holmgren coached teams used to play.

Yup- this is as discouraging a loss as I can remember. Comparing expectations, and claims of who we and they thought this team was, to what we saw today is disheartening.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby ACES 13 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:54 pm

RW needs to ease up on the cooze! Focus on your job Russell. The seperation is in ...... :!:
ACES 13
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:22 pm

ACES 13 wrote:RW needs to ease up on the cooze! Focus on your job Russell. The seperation is in ...... :!:

Not all of the picks were on Russell, but he was off target all day, both long and short. That was one of his worst games since he's been a Hawk, and I understand that it's the worst loss of his career, including college.

The team needs to forget about this game. There isn't anything they can take away from it anyway.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Lousy game in all four phases.... offense, defense, special teams and officiating. Team loss. RW was off, but not nearly as off as the stat line. That's the way it goes. 1st ass whupping in a long time. Hopefully we respond Thursday and the rest of the season. I sports hate A. Rodgers more than is is reasonable. Can't help it. What a douche.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:08 pm

Worst game of the Carroll era. Whole team looked terrible.

I'm glad it's a short week. Play angry Thursday, get this bad taste out of our mouths.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:24 pm

Well if we win out then the Hawks can more than likely reclaim the #2 spot from Detroit who have a very difficult final 3 game schedule that includes Dallas & the Giants on the road.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2016/REG/LIONS
savvyman
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:30 pm

I try to keep in mind that I had this one penciled in as a potential loss- what makes that harder to internalize is that I *didn't* have it penciled in as one in which they got laughed out of the stadium.

Maybe it's just that it's been so long since they were being mocked by the opposition's fans, but wow- I hope this one hurts and they come out with a renewed sense of purpose (or whatever was missing) on a short week.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:57 pm

burrrton wrote:I try to keep in mind that I had this one penciled in as a potential loss- what makes that harder to internalize is that I *didn't* have it penciled in as one in which they got laughed out of the stadium.

Maybe it's just that it's been so long since they were being mocked by the opposition's fans, but wow- I hope this one hurts and they come out with a renewed sense of purpose (or whatever was missing) on a short week.

Yep - Humancockroach says the same on the other thread - I know from experience that a good slap in the face - either figuratively or actual - is always effective in getting me to sharpen my focus again on the task at hand.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:26 am

Meh
It isn't the worst loss of Carroll's career here. People forget his teams in 2010 either won or got sandblasted. It is definitely the most alarming loss in the 5 seasons of the golden era of Hawks ball.I wouldn't feel really good having that Packers team at Centurylink in a few weeks.

I look at it as a complete abnormality. Rodgers and his grabby line were sharp as could be, Russ was awful in the first half and his receivers including Doug friggin Baldwin were in the second.The defense was overmatched and flat footed.
Refs couldn't find a flag on a couple of critical plays. It was an all around ass whipping. Flush it and move on.3-0 probably nets the 2 seed anyway. 1-2 nets the division and a home playoff game.
I'm not on the ledge yet but that was disgusting to watch. We've been spoiled.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:49 am

Those 2010 teams were not SB contenders. taken in context, this is easily the worst loss of the Carroll era.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:21 am

c_hawkbob wrote:Those 2010 teams were not SB contenders. taken in context, this is easily the worst loss of the Carroll era.

And I might add CB, the worst game RW has ever had.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:16 am

c_hawkbob wrote:Those 2010 teams were not SB contenders. taken in context, this is easily the worst loss of the Carroll era.

If you read what I wrote I kind of agree Bob. 2010 was a combination of Holmgren,Mora and Carroll.
You are correct that Aaron Rodgers passer rating of 150 was the highest ever surrendered in the Pete Carroll era to an opposing QB.
Not having ET hurt mightily but good lord you give Rodgers that kind of time I don't care who is on the back end.
We ran into a buzzsaw peaking at exactly the right time . If they make the tourney they will be formidable.
Seattle brought their D- game everywhere but run game and run defense which they won. It wasn't nearly as lopsided as the score and its one game only.

I expect a very focused and humbled Hawks team to return home and level the Rams on Thursday and put the division to bed.
If they can't even do that after laying a turd like this one they will be dead meat in the postseason in an increasingly dangerous and competitive conference.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:22 am

Without a doubt. As obi said, it's also the biggest loss of Russell Wilson's career, he set a personal record for the most interceptions he's thrown in his career, it ended our streak of games of not having lost a game by more than 10 points, and it came against a team that did not have a winning record. Anyone that believes that this wasn't the worst loss since the Pete Carroll took over is rationalizing or trying to find excuses.

We were expected to lose those games back in 2010. People forget how empty the cupboard really was. How many players did he purge from the roster that year?

It's probably a good thing that we're playing on a short week. That performance was a total embarrassment. You don't want to have to go into a bye, which is essentially what's going to happen after TNF, with images of balls bouncing off receivers hands or our cock fighting DL's running through their minds. That's not how this team plays football.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:43 am

PC said among other things that the loss of earl had "no impact " since Terrell had no plays in his area. Really PC had no excuses at all. Said he can't wait for Thursday night. Me neither .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:32 pm

Hawktawk wrote:PC said among other things that the loss of earl had "no impact " since Terrell had no plays in his area. Really PC had no excuses at all. Said he can't wait for Thursday night. Me neither .

Even if it was blatantly obvious, Pete wouldn't say that the loss of Earl affected our team's performance as it would imply that Terrell did a poor job, which he did not. But nevertheless, it's almost impossible to deny that none of those 38 points can be attributed to Earl's absence, either that or Earl's contributions have been grossly overstated.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:16 pm

I could have seen earl maybe getting into a few of those one on one matchups on the top end. Run support was great though.
McCarthy did a great job of getting the matchups he wanted and Rogers has seldom looked sharper.

In a month the Pack has gone from "in decline" to hot as hell. Rodgers now leads the league in passing TDs at 32 and Jordy Nelson in TD catches with 12.
I hope this team misses the postseason like the 1986 Hawks because they are one of the hottest teams in the league right now.

The story of the game was clearly the turnovers and flat out drops which doesn't freak me out as bad as if Seattle had gotten stuffed.
They got stuffed in Tampa, vs AZ, the Rams. Yesterday they had more total yards and almost twice as many rushing yards and receivers running wide open that they could not connect with.

Reboot.Flush it. One of those days X100.

I'm not going to freak. If they lose Thursday I'm going to start freaking.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:40 pm

It seemed to me like one of those games where the entire team had a bad game.
Defense wasn't up to par, Wilson was off target, WRs flat out missed catches, Ryan had a bad day punting...
It's rare that so many facets have trouble at once, but maybe it's a one game thing and we won't see anything like it again this year.

Edit:
And the Packers played well.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:46 pm

NorthHawk wrote:It seemed to me like one of those games where the entire team had a bad game.
Defense wasn't up to par, Wilson was off target, WRs flat out missed catches, Ryan had a bad day punting...
It's rare that so many facets have trouble at once, but maybe it's a one game thing and we won't see anything like it again this year.

Edit:

You forgot to mention our defensive line. We came into the game not having recorded a sack for 2 straight games, and we didn't get one yesterday until garbage time. And to make matters worse, Rodgers was very lame, couldn't even walk without a limp. That seems to be the dirty little secret no one is talking about.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:00 pm

NorthHawk wrote:It seemed to me like one of those games where the entire team had a bad game.

Edit:

Pack played well for sure but not 38-10 well. Not one of the picks was a special play by a defender. Russ threw it right to them or our receivers flubbed it or the PI on the one. Wide open receivers all game.They couldn't cover us, we covered ourselves. Their offense played extremely well and made Seattle pay for every singe mistake to the tune of 24 points off turnovers alone but that included numerous short fields.Except the 2 picks we threw in field goal range.
Seattle rushed for around 130 yards and a very high ypc and won total yardage. Ryan had the worst day i've ever seen him have.
Their offense was special, their defense was there for the picking as Russ said it was.He took the blame and he can keep most of it this time. His first half funks are getting old and you cant afford that vs a team like this. I cant blame Bevell for that.

Did the boys stay up too late celebrating the sounders win? Something happened.

I dunno, it was like the Tom Flores Hawks all of a sudden, going through the motions.Weird weird game.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:06 pm

You forgot to mention our defensive line.

That's one of the weirdest developments to me- we went from utter domination by that unit to not only getting gashed a bit by running backs (at least giving up big runs seemingly too often), but to be *completely* ineffective pressuring the QB.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:08 pm

RiverDog wrote:
You forgot to mention our defensive line. We came into the game not having recorded a sack for 2 straight games, and we didn't get one yesterday until garbage time. And to make matters worse, Rodgers was very lame, couldn't even walk without a limp. That seems to be the dirty little secret no one is talking about.

Bennett complained that the Pack hold "all the time". I agree, every lineman does but they were slick about it, knowing exactly when to hold an extra millisecond or let go.

The rush looked very basic.The last two weeks we faced extremely big strong QBs who shook off sack attempts on several occasions but there was at least pressure in the backfield.
Bennet does not look very good coming back. I know Rodgers feasts on blitzes but but I think when hes picking you silly anyway maybe pick your poison and send a blitz now and again.
The time he had and the field position all day its remarkable he didnt hang a 50 burger on us.

And as you say on a bum hamstring and a calf injured during the game on the first TD throw.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum