Tyler Lockett

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Tyler Lockett

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:35 am

Lockett didn't just suffer a fractured bone, he snapped it, a compound fracture if my medical terminology is correct. Russell Wilson was quoted as saying that "there was blood all over the place." ESPN reports that it will require surgery.

Players don't often come back from an injury like that. This one reminded me of Tim Krumrie and Joe Theisman's injuries.

I fear the worst for Lockett. By all accounts, he's a great guy to have in the locker room. In the short time he's been with us, he is perhaps the best return man we've ever had. My Christmas wishes go out to him in the hope that I'm wrong about the repercussions of this injury.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Tyler Lockett

Postby EmeraldBullet » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:31 am

He'll be in my prayers. He isn't gonna come back from that. I feel sick inside.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:39 am

Lane had a similar injury and returned . He doesn't seem as quick though. It's a terrible injury . I wish the league would quit replaying it. It's got to absolutely suck for that kid on Christmas Day getting hurt and the team didn't get him a game ball either. Prayers and wishes for a miraculous recovery kid.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:35 pm

If his injury was what you're describing Dog he'd require surgery, he does not. In 6 months he'll be good as new.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:57 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:If his injury was what you're describing Dog he'd require surgery, he does not. In 6 months he'll be good as new.

He's scheduled for surgery today, my friend.

Seahawks wide receiver Tyler Lockett suffered a broken right leg during Saturday's 34-31 loss to the Arizona Cardinals and is set to have surgery Sunday morning, a source told ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1834 ... y-td-catch

Must be pretty bad if they're operating on Christmas day, wouldn't you say?

Speaking of which, Merry Christmas, Cbob!
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Agent 86 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:18 pm

I don't recall feeling like this except for the game when Earl got injured and you knew he was done for the year. As they mounted that comeback last night, I was thinking the whole time even if they win it, it will be clouded by Lockett's injury. It's almost as if I didn't even care about the win anymore, I just felt so bad for the kid.

I am not usually like that, it is ALWAYS about the win. Maybe I'm getting old, maybe it's the Super Bowl win, but I seem to genuinely care more for these guys I don't even know more so than before. I guess I really appreciate what they do, how hard they work, how they lay their bodies on the line, and a lot of it is so we can be entertained. Just sad to see a season cut short.

Feel bad for Derek Carr as well, and for Raiders fans everywhere who finally got a long awaited playoff berth.

Big loss for the Hawks though, especially on special teams. He was a game breaker for sure who can't be replaced by anyone currently on the team on the same level.

Hoping for full recoveries for everyone (Mariota as well)!
Agent 86
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:13 pm

Agent 86 wrote:I don't recall feeling like this except for the game when Earl got injured and you knew he was done for the year. As they mounted that comeback last night, I was thinking the whole time even if they win it, it will be clouded by Lockett's injury. It's almost as if I didn't even care about the win anymore, I just felt so bad for the kid.

I am not usually like that, it is ALWAYS about the win. Maybe I'm getting old, maybe it's the Super Bowl win, but I seem to genuinely care more for these guys I don't even know more so than before. I guess I really appreciate what they do, how hard they work, how they lay their bodies on the line, and a lot of it is so we can be entertained. Just sad to see a season cut short.

Feel bad for Derek Carr as well, and for Raiders fans everywhere who finally got a long awaited playoff berth.

Big loss for the Hawks though, especially on special teams. He was a game breaker for sure who can't be replaced by anyone currently on the team on the same level.

Hoping for full recoveries for everyone (Mariota as well)!

Speaking only on a personal level and without regard to my own team's destiny, I just hope these injuries don't have a permanent effect on the rest of their lives. For someone like Earl or #1 draft picks like Carr and Mariota, I'm not all that broke up about their careers ending prematurely if that's what happens. They've already made millions, and unless they are extremely stupid with that money, they'll be set for the rest of their lives. They know the risks. They're ahead of the game if they can come away with their good health, something that players like Kenny Easley were unable to do.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:19 pm

RiverDog wrote:
He's scheduled for surgery today, my friend.

Seahawks wide receiver Tyler Lockett suffered a broken right leg during Saturday's 34-31 loss to the Arizona Cardinals and is set to have surgery Sunday morning, a source told ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1834 ... y-td-catch

Must be pretty bad if they're operating on Christmas day, wouldn't you say?

Speaking of which, Merry Christmas, Cbob!

Sorry about that, somehow I wound up in the wrong thread ... I was talking about Earl. As for Tyler, I'll be surprised if he comes back at all, that was a Joe Theisman level break.

And Merry Christmas yourself! As well as everyone that reads this!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:04 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:As for Tyler, I'll be surprised if he comes back at all, that was a Joe Theisman level break.

I remember watching the Giants-Redskins game, it must have bee a SNF or MNF game, when Theisman broke his leg and hearing Lawrence Taylor describe later how he could hear the bone snap, which he reacted to by frantically waiving the medical staff to come onto the field.

I just hope that the surgery goes well and that he's able to walk normally on it.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:13 pm

Bones are getting thinner as players go to hybrid eco grovvy vegan diets. Too bad for you guys huh!
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:20 pm

hybrid eco grovvy vegan diets

Totally not even a thing. Speak english man.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:14 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Totally not even a thing. Speak english man.

Even our old friend Normey can form better sentences than this guy can.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:33 pm

Having to prep for 3 parties in 24 hours left me unable to watch the game. I did happen to catch the Lockett play and it was so disturbing. After is saw his foot flopping about, I was just sick. I looked over and said that's a tib-fib break and it could be career ending. & that's before I knew it was a compound fracture as well.

Here's hoping he is ok and can lead a normal life. Football is so secondary.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:35 pm

According to Pete, Lockett's surgery ended at 4am Sunday and he should be able to start rehab in about 4-6 weeks.

It doesn't look like he will be available at all next year if the healing process is as long as it sounds like it will be.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:55 pm

In this Story Pete expects him back by training camp.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-coach-pete-carroll-says-tyler-lockett-should-be-ready-for-training-camp-doesnt-expect-thomas-rawls-to-miss-game-against-49ers/

I am sure Pete is being optimistic and would not expect public comments to be anything else. If hard work is all that is required for Tyler to return then we can probably count on him to be back with the team next season.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:32 pm

No ligament or nerve damage thank god. Apparently the greatest risk is infection. They inserted a rod in the leg to stabilize it.

I wonder if that is permanent. I had one in my forearm after a head on collision but I was lifting weights and it flexed different than my bones. I had it removed a couple of years later .

Either way I'd say training camp is optimistic but I didn't expect graham back maybe ever so it shows what I know.
Get well quick rocket.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:22 pm

I honestly don't know if he'll ever be the same. Horrible injury, one of the worst I've ever witnessed. Hope the kid comes back and never looks back, but truthfully, I think the mental side of it is sometimes the most difficult hurdle....
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:29 pm

As a technician who works the major orthopedic conventions in Las Vegas, I can say that there are procedures & techniques that blow away the practices of those employed even 5 years ago.The knowledge & skill of modern orthopedic medicine is far & away more progressive than it was in the days of Theisman. Don't give up on Tyler. I think he'll be back.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:36 pm

Thanks for the optimistic viewpoint, Vegas.
It's a real bummer not having him healthy and some relatively good news is welcome even if it only means he can live a normal life as I think HC is right about the mental aspect.
Let's hope for the best with Tyler.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:13 pm

Players named Lockett don't seem to fare to well on the team lately. Hope for the best its his attitude more than the physical healing.
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:44 am

It looks like he is on track to somehow be ready for opening day. If he makes it back it would be pretty impressive. If he makes it back and is the same type of player he was before that would be an extraordinary recovery. Keep up the good work #16!

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/3/18/149 ... e-receiver
mykc14
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:27 pm

Unreal, great faith and piece of work!!
obiken
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:11 pm

This is hard to believe, but I like it. I wonder if it will cost him a step in his speed or if he will be the same player he was before. Either way, the encouraging report is nice to see.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:35 am

Old but Slow wrote:That is amazing. We can only hope that he has not lost his explosive speed and quickness.

Yep, that's the key. But he's already made a liar out of me. I didn't think it possible that he would get on the field at all until well into the regular season and feared it could be a career ending injury.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum