Cam Robinson our new OT

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Cam Robinson our new OT

Postby politicalfootball » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:04 pm

Cam is on the website I saw as the number 28 best player listed. He was also the 4th best OT listed. So we need the teams above us to not pick an OT. I am hoping that this happens and we get him. I am interested in your favorite OT in the draft.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Re: Cam Robinson our new OT

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:07 pm

Is he a mauler?
I believe they will look for a RT if they don't get one in FA.
Someone like Taylor Moton in the 3rd, maybe?

If you look at what they try to do on the OL, they like a big, tough guy with a nasty streak at RT. Breno was that type, and I think they thought Webb was too, but he didn't seem to be interested. Sowell and Gilliam didn't seem to curry favor with the coaches as they seemed uncertain about who to play. Therefore a need at RT looks to exist. Maybe Odhiambo will be tried there, but we still need competition at LT and since they didn't try him at RT and only discussed him at LT, I think they feel they have two young guys and depth at LT.

Just out of curiosity, where does everyone think Fant would be drafted if he was put into this years draft after seeing last years play? I would say considering his improvement after only 8 games and the lack of LT potential in the draft, he would go pretty early, like late 1st or early 2nd. Given that, I don't think they go LT in this draft.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:25 pm

Okay fair enough I like Cam Robinson though I'm going to go out and say he would have no trouble with playing RT . I am sure we can't stay pat on our OL and need to draft there. What we need is to have lots of bodies and depth at our OL .
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:01 am

We certainly need better quality depth along the OL. Injuries happen, so good backups are essential.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:01 pm

We need at least one better quality starter at Tackle, as well as depth.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby obiken » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:23 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:We need at least one better quality starter at Tackle, as well as depth.

Okung was kicked out of Denver today, can we afford him??
obiken
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:59 pm

Beats me, I don't think he can expect the kind of money Denver declined to pay him ... so what it would take to sign him is kind of an unknown.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:10 am

Jets cut Breno Giaccamani yesterday to free up cap space. He was coming off an injury but reported to be ready for training camp. Talk about a plug and play at the worst position on the line !
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:27 am

Breno will be cheap, too because of his back injury.
A veteran presence can't really be quantified within a young group.
I doubt that we pull any triggers until the 2nd wave of FA, though.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:51 pm

We need both Geno and Okung it would solve a big need on the OL. Then we can discuss other needs at other positions.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:08 am

Old but Slow wrote:It is difficult to know what kind of shape Breno is in. He has already had a back surgery and may need another. Is it worth the risk? He was never a great lineman, but he had a great aggressive attitude that infected the team, so in that sense he was very valuable. But, is that what we are looking for?

That's my worry, too. He may just not be physically able to play at a high enough level at this point in his career. There's a reason the Jets cut him loose, so his play must have dropped off or they think his back injury will not improve enough to play.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum