Cowboys choke another one

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Cowboys choke another one

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:24 pm

I don't "hate" any one person/player or any team, but there's some that I despise, and in football, there isn't a team I despise more than the Dallas Cowboys, so I was treated to a bonus in the afternoon game after my Seahawks crushed the Giants.

What in the heck were the Cowboys and Romo doing throwing the football and tickling the dragon's tail when they had a two touchdown lead in the 4th quarter? Romo got away with one near interception by having it overturned on review, so you'd think that would be a reminder of what could happen if the ball bounces the wrong way, but no, he audibles out of a running play and throws a hurried pass that was picked off.

And what's up with Dez Bryant, walking off the field with 1.5 minutes left, abandoning his teammates and leaving them to do what he wasn't man enough to do, ie swallow their pride and force out a smile and a "good game" to their opponents after a tough loss? I have absolutely no use for that man.

It was a pretty embarrassing performance in more ways than one. Too bad CP Returns isn't here to enjoy it with us.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Cowboys choke another one

Postby Hawkstar » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:38 pm

The only thing better (IMHO) than watching Dallas choke a game away, is watching the entire NFC East gag on all their press. Can you imagine the media if the (L)East and the W (B)est had opposite records? The entire world of press would be calling for the West to be banned from the playoffs and perhaps the league.

Back to the topic - Romo is terrible, but Jones is the real problem with that team. Jones may see it differently considering he's making huge bank as the owner, but in terms of winning, he's a shyt show. No tears here for the Cowboys losing ways.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:08 pm

Hawkstar wrote:The only thing better (IMHO) than watching Dallas choke a game away, is watching the entire NFC East gag on all their press. Can you imagine the media if the (L)East and the W (B)est had opposite records? The entire world of press would be calling for the West to be banned from the playoffs and perhaps the league.

Back to the topic - Romo is terrible, but Jones is the real problem with that team. Jones may see it differently considering he's making huge bank as the owner, but in terms of winning, he's a shyt show. No tears here for the Cowboys losing ways.

Yea, I remember the outrage when we got the #4 seed in the NFC with a losing record. Everybody in the media wanted to change the seeding process. Shoe's on the other foot this season, although barring a tie in their last game, neither Philly or Dallas can win the east with a losing record.

I don't care for Tony Romo. He cries if he doesn't get every single call or if his receivers drop a pass or don't run the right route, then lets them have it on the sidelines with the cameras rolling. It's as if he wants the TV audience to understand that the frick up wasn't his fault. That's something you don't see Russell Wilson doing, ie embarrassing his teammates. That entire Dallas franchise is a zoo, from the owner right on down to their obnoxious fans.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:16 pm

Couldn't happen to a nicer set of jackasses... :lol:
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Clem7 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:59 pm

Choke another one is right. Is that all they do?? Seems like it, year in and year out. I think another head coach is on their horizon. Not that that is the total answer, we know what that is.
Clem7
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:02 am

Normally, I can't bring myself to discuss a team as over hyped and irrelevant as the Cowboys, but today was just too classic to pass on.
A historical new low in blowing a 23 pt lead - to a Matt Flynn lead team no less. Wow. No relief in sight, either, as long as Jerry is running the show.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:10 am

One of the interesting things I heard mentioned during the telecast was that this was the 3rd straight game where the Cowboys have gone up against a backup quarterback, yet they still have the worst defense in the league. Indeed, they will be going up against 5 straight teams using backup quarterbacks (Raiders, Bears, Packers, Redskins, and Eagles) to end the regular season.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:35 am

RiverDog wrote:Too bad CP Returns isn't here to enjoy it with us.

I don't usually miss the guy, but I have to admit trolling him this am would have been epic.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:05 am

My best friend is a Dallas fan and I mean he is a LONG TIME fan and a general NFC fan as well, so I go easy on him. But yeah, he indicated to me that never in his decades of supporting the Cboys has observed a defense so poor. NEVER.
I blame Jerry Jones for getting rid of Ryan who actually did a decent job on the defensive side as well as keeping Garrett(who should have been fired a year after getting the job from Wade).

As long as Jones wants a bunch of yes men around him, and refuses to keep his nose out of football decisions, the Cowboys will NEVER go long in the playoffs. Could you imagine Allen getting involved in decisions of the Seahawks? Never. That's the difference.
Jerry is the modern day Al Davis. IMO.

Dez tweeted that he was emotional, he f'd up for sure, so I give him a pass, because I like a guy that apologizes immediately. (This means that I don't have to lean into him to teach him that he was a mental midget for 2 minutes).

RD you hate the boys? I have at least 3 more teams that I hate more than the Cboys. :D
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:28 pm

NFL Network should reword their Title too "NFC East News Network" Whether we suck or win.. we will document it all for you!

Gotta love the amount of attention given to a division that completely failed.

Starting with yours truly the Dallas Cowboys. I mean it took effort for them to actually lose that game, real work.... real consistent hard work to lose that game.

NY Giants, pretty much the no brain er loss here.

Eagles Lose to a deplete Street Squad Driven Vikings team.

Redskins almost saved the NFC East, as much as the Cowboy's could have...

So you have NFC East going 0-4... oh wait News isn't worth a damn if win... I mean
Seahawks Won
49ers Won
Rams Won(big game too)
Cardinals Won
NFC West went 4-0... and it's just a footnote to the rest of the media!
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:41 pm

I don't mind the Cowboys. They are pretty harmless after all and they are always good for a laugh.
I hate their fans. You know the types who strut about like they are cock of the walk when they have a winning record.
Oh, wait. When was that again? Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:54 pm

RD you hate the boys? I have at least 3 more teams that I hate more than the Cboys. :D

I don't "hate" any team, and few are the people that I would assign those types of feelings towards. I don't use that term lightly.

The Cowboys were one of my favorite teams back in the mid to late 60's. I loved guys like Dandy Don, Bullet Bob Hays, Bob Lilly, Dan Reeves, Don Perkins, Jethro Pugh, Walt Garrison, Coach Landry, etc. I thought they were revolutionaries for the way they went about scouting. But sometime in the early 70's, about the time they moved out of the Cotton Bowl, I started liking the Dolphins more, and they were my team...up until 1976.

The Cowboys always represented the 'good' in football. There wasn't a coach less controversial than Tom Landry. Roger Staubach was the polar opposite of Joe Namath. The name "America's Team", although I didn't care for the term, was appropriate.

My disliking of the Cowboys started when Jerry Jones bought the team. The first thing he did was to fire Tom Landry, the only coach the team had ever known, and Jones didn't even have the respect to call Landry himself and tell him personally. He threw him away like he was yesterday's newspaper and replaced him with his college buddy Jimmy Johnson. Since then, there's been plenty of Cowboy players that I didn't like, from Michael Irvin to Deion Sanders to Tony Romo to Dez Bryant. Then there's the Cowboy fans, arrogant and obnoxious, like Yankee fans.

Unless we would benefit directly from a Cowboys win, I'll always root for them to lose.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum