What we really should be happy to see

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

What we really should be happy to see

Postby Anthony » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:38 pm

Anthony
Legacy

Re: What we really should be happy to see

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:59 pm

Motivational videos are swell, but I'd be much happier to see news about our team improving itself along the offensive line.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:52 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Motivational videos are swell, but I'd be much happier to see news about our team improving itself along the offensive line.

Dont disagree, but given on another thread we have supposed fans complaint about him supposedly not working out, and taking pictures with his wife, changing et. I figured this proves them wrong
Anthony
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:33 pm

Anthony wrote:Dont disagree, but given on another thread we have supposed fans complaint about him supposedly not working out, and taking pictures with his wife, changing et. I figured this proves them wrong

The video doesn't prove anything, nor does any of the pictures with his wife. As the saying goes, the proof will be in the pudding.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:53 pm

The video doesn't prove anything, nor does any of the pictures with his wife. As the saying goes, the proof will be in the pudding.[/quote]

It proves he is working hard to get ready for next year, something some did not think he was doing
Anthony
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:10 pm

Anthony wrote:http://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/07/seattle-seahawks-wilson-shares-danger-train-tease/

enough said

Its a promotional video promoting his affiliated production company, trainer etc.

Great athletes train without the need to showcase it and use their training as an opportunity to plug different commercial entities. Just shut up Russell, turn off the cameras and Grind for your teammates and their success....
savvyman
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:13 pm

Anthony wrote:The video doesn't prove anything, nor does any of the pictures with his wife. As the saying goes, the proof will be in the pudding.

It proves he is working hard to get ready for next year, something some did not think he was doing[/quote]

He f@cking better be working hard - he is being paid over $20 million and he his salary demands from his last contract are the primary reasons why we can't afford a decent Offensive Lineman - I don't need to be appreciative for him working out in the offseason - its my #$$@@%@ Expectation.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:42 pm

savvyman wrote:

Its a promotional video promoting his affiliated production company, trainer etc.

Great athletes train without the need to showcase it and use their training as an opportunity to plug different commercial entities. Just shut up Russell, turn off the cameras and Grind for your teammates and their success....

LOL of course the fact it clearly says he is actually doing all this does matter. The fact he tweeted time to get to work and his eyes ar eon the next SB means nothing to you. LOL Ahh its hard not to laugh at such blind hate
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:44 pm

savvyman wrote:
It proves he is working hard to get ready for next year, something some did not think he was doing

He f@cking better be working hard - he is being paid over $20 million and he his salary demands from his last contract are the primary reasons why we can't afford a decent Offensive Lineman - I don't need to be appreciative for him working out in the offseason - its my #$$@@%@ Expectation.[/quote]

LOL well first as usually you wrong about him being the primary reason, I mean lets forget the 4 years when we could have or the fact we had over 25 mil this year. Please don't let facts get in the way of your hatred. LOL hate is so funny
Anthony
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:01 pm

savvyman wrote:he is being paid over $20 million and he his salary demands from his last contract are the primary reasons why we can't afford a decent Offensive Lineman.

This can be said for anybody the Hawks have ever signed. Their attempt to get paid is keeping the Hawks from being able to spend money elsewhere. Your continued assertion that RW has somehow screwed the team over with this contract is laughable. Do you have any idea where his cap hit ranks amongst QBs this season? That would be 14th, right in the middle of the pack. Since he negotiated this completely handcuffing contract his cap hit has been the 19th, 10th, and now 14th ranked QB cap hit in the league, hardly breaking the bank. So why should RW have to take less? Sherm, Wags, Thomas, Chancellor, and Lynch were all among the highest paid players at their position when they signed their contracts. I don't hear you whining about how they are or have in the past been keeping the Hawks from signing better players, why is that? Also, I have noticed you never reply to my posts to you, why is that?
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:48 pm

I'm down the middle on this one. First off I defended Russes right to a fair payday and still do.

I remember making a prediction at that time though that Russ "will never change, never be an embarrassment or in the tabloids, never lose the work ethic" He will be in the hall of fame someday".
I have to hedge a bit on those predictions after the Ciara thing, the late night tweets from the blackjack table 36 hours before a devastating home loss to AZ that cost the 2 seed and a second round home game.The bizarre photos and videos, the gum snapping motivational facebook post where...I dunno the words were the same as before but the delivery was weird quite honestly.

I wasn't impressed with his somewhat flippant and blame shifting exit interview after the horrible loss to Atlanta where he missed wide open receivers that could have changed the game dramatically.
He didn't sound angry or frustrated enough for a guy whose season had come to an abrupt end and the Sodo reference at the end of the press conference showed where his head was at immediately after a devastating loss.

Im hopeful the guy rediscovers his intensity and work ethic or that he already has.Seattle needs Russ to be Dangeruss more than ever as the legion of bust implodes with injuries and age. Hes our only hope to stay elite unless you're ready for Boykin or some retread god forbid.

As it is hes a top 10 guy in the league at worst and I am glad we have him. I just liked the pre voodoo queen version a lot better....
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:38 pm

When the time comes and Seattle lets RW explore free agency(which could be 2020), methinks it's LA........
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:30 am

Anthony wrote:It proves he is working hard to get ready for next year, something some did not think he was doing

It proves no such thing. So what if he works hard for a few minutes on a choreographed video? You'd have to post daily videos of hours long activities if you wanted to prove that he's working out hard.

Look, I'm not hyperventilating over Russell's off field activities as some are, so there's no need for you to defend his behavior with me. Although I'm a bit concerned about his lifestyle changes, at least as of now I'm of the opinion that they won't affect his play. We'll see when September rolls around.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:40 pm

RiverDog wrote:.
It proves no such thing. So what if he works hard for a few minutes on a choreographed video? You'd have to post daily videos of hours long activities if you wanted to prove that he's working out hard.

Look, I'm not hyperventilating over Russell's off field activities as some are, so there's no need for you to defend his behavior with me. Although I'm a bit concerned about his lifestyle changes, at least as of now I'm of the opinion that they won't affect his play. We'll see when September rolls around.

LOL
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:08 pm

For those few....doubters

"He was hurt,” Baldwin said. “To be completely honest with you, he was hurt, and I’ve got to give him a lot of credit because for him to play through the injuries that he had it was miraculous. It was unbelievable. To give him even more credit—he would be mad at me for saying this—but I keep tabs on him during the offseason to check in with the guys that are around him to see what he’s doing, to see how he’s doing, and what I’ve heard just recently is he’s being an animal right now. He’s grinding his butt off, and I couldn’t be more excited about it because when Russell Wilson goes, our whole team goes. So for him to be where he’s at now after all the injuries he endured this past season, I’m really excited about our chances for this year. "

Enough said

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/03/15 ... pn-seattle
Anthony
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:13 am

Anthony wrote:For those few....doubters

"He was hurt,” Baldwin said. “To be completely honest with you, he was hurt, and I’ve got to give him a lot of credit because for him to play through the injuries that he had it was miraculous. It was unbelievable. To give him even more credit—he would be mad at me for saying this—but I keep tabs on him during the offseason to check in with the guys that are around him to see what he’s doing, to see how he’s doing, and what I’ve heard just recently is he’s being an animal right now. He’s grinding his butt off, and I couldn’t be more excited about it because when Russell Wilson goes, our whole team goes. So for him to be where he’s at now after all the injuries he endured this past season, I’m really excited about our chances for this year. "

Enough said

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/03/15 ... pn-seattle

Anthony, you post opinions and offer them up as some sort of undeniable proof. They are opinions, and nothing more. Doug Baldwin has been Russell's teammate and receiving duo for 5 years, so what do you think he would say, that Russell was faking his injuries, that he's simply performing for his videos, and that he's actually spending the offseason eating potato chips and drinking beer?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:04 am

Isn't that exactly what you just did in the other thread?
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:33 am

RiverDog wrote:10-espn-seattle

Anthony, you post opinions and offer them up as some sort of undeniable proof. They are opinions, and nothing more. Doug Baldwin has been Russell's teammate and receiving duo for 5 years, so what do you think he would say, that Russell was faking his injuries, that he's simply performing for his videos, and that he's actually spending the offseason eating potato chips and drinking beer?[/quote]

Really it is amazing to me that when you post a player saying something that is is fact but when someone else does it and you don't like it is means nothing. You know full well Doug does not just say stuff like this. Also this is not being said in a vacuum when you combine it with Wilson's own tweets, the videos and Doug this becomes a fact not an opinion. Well to those of us that are not biased and jaded anyway. I will say this though I really feel sorry for you, it must really suck to live in a world so jaded.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:12 pm

I gotta side with Anthony here and this statement is very encouraging to me as one who wants Wilson back on a championship trajectory.I hope Baldwin is right.

Baldwins a truth teller, at least as he perceives it. Hes had no problems criticizing the offense when warranted.
I remember 2014 when the team was 3-3 he was very vocal that things "were not alright with the team". And he was obviously P.Od when he said it.Harvin was gone within a week.
He didn't get the nickname ADB for nothing. And hes got a great point on the injuries thing.
Despite the punishment Russell has taken and especially last year I believe the guy still hasn't missed a PRACTICE in his career . Most guys would have missed significant time and 10-5-1 playing almost every snap isn't bad.
My concerns are there about how Russ finished last year but Ill say it again, When Wilson is criticized for being human or merely average it shows how high a bar he has set.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:13 pm

Anthony wrote:Really it is amazing to me that when you post a player saying something that is is fact but when someone else does it and you don't like it is means nothing. You know full well Doug does not just say stuff like this. Also this is not being said in a vacuum when you combine it with Wilson's own tweets, the videos and Doug this becomes a fact not an opinion. Well to those of us that are not biased and jaded anyway. I will say this though I really feel sorry for you, it must really suck to live in a world so jaded.

I didn't say anything about not liking what ADB said, what the videos showed, the various tweets, etc. What I said was that they don't prove anything...unless you can show that ADB is Russell's workout partner or something. I do feel that ADB is truthful and that he's giving us an honest opinion, but it is just that: An opinion. And I don't think any worthy teammate would disclose the slightest doubt he might have about one of his fellow teammates. Everyone associated with the Seahawks, players, coaches, the FO, everyone right down to the groundskeeper can be counted on to tow the company line, and I'd be disappointed if they didn't.

I do notice a change in Russell's attitude and behavior. It's unmistakable. But I'm neutral on how that may or may not affect his play on the field, which is why you don't see me offering an opinion on the matter the way Savvy and a few others have.

The only proof will be when RW straps on his helmet next season. Until then, all the videos and tweets in the world don't amount to anything more than a bunch of window dressing.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:59 pm

I was very concerned about Russ's antics last year. He spent way too much time seemingly partying and living a Hollywood lifestyle. He was frequently out late instead of the gym/film room where he used to live. Let's hope Pete sends a message to him and Sherm over the offseason that these leaders better get their hunger back.

Of course I could be overreacting, something just seemed different about Russ after losses last year. Cough cough Yoko Ciara.
Go Hawks
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:12 pm

Stream Hawk wrote:I was very concerned about Russ's antics last year. He spent way too much time seemingly partying and living a Hollywood lifestyle. He was frequently out late instead of the gym/film room where he used to live. Let's hope Pete sends a message to him and Sherm over the offseason that these leaders better get their hunger back.

Of course I could be overreacting, something just seemed different about Russ after losses last year. Cough cough Yoko Ciara.
Go Hawks

Right and all the videos of him and most of team working out together, and him and A Brown, and him and Graham etc etc I guess don't count.I don't recall seeing any videos of him out late, drinking causing trouble or anything like that, any more than other top Qb does. So not sure were you get that.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:23 am

savvyman wrote:
He f@cking better be working hard - he is being paid over $20 million and he his salary demands from his last contract are the primary reasons why we can't afford a decent Offensive Lineman - I don't need to be appreciative for him working out in the offseason - its my #$$@@%@ Expectation.

To the Peanuts out there who are to whipped or weak - like mykc - to see reality when superior men such as myself take the generous effort of my time to illustrate it to them - - this is how a true unselfish team first athlete let's the world know how they are progressing in their off-season workouts:

https://twitter.com/Earl_Thomas/status/841713144225550336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
savvyman
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:34 pm

savvyman wrote:$20 million and he his salary demands from his last contract are the primary reasons why we can't afford a decent Offensive Lineman - I don't need to be appreciative for him working out in the offseason - its my #$$@@%@ Expectation.

To the Peanuts out there who are to whipped or weak - like mykc - to see reality when superior men such as myself take the generous effort of my time to illustrate it to them - - this is how a true unselfish team first athlete let's the world know how they are progressing in their off-season workouts:

lol superior man LOL wow what arrogance, what stupidity, what a warped sense of reality you have. Great ET posted something, I like Et my second favorite Hawk. I like his tweet but that take nothing away from Wilsons tweets he is working just as hard, to help his team as his first tweet said. Your only issue is you hate Wilson and really think you are better than everyone else. Pathetic, I feel sorry for you, because you are to blind to know you just another guy, and your hate of Wilson blinds you to everything. including your own stupidity.

This is one of several inspirational tweets from Wilson all through out this off season. To bad your to blind to know what we have.

https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/sta ... 8675894274
Last edited by Anthony on Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:15 pm

To the Peanuts out there who are to whipped or weak - like mykc - to see reality when superior men such as myself take the generous effort of my time to illustrate it to them

Jeezus Anthony did you really just write that? ... Condescend much?

The only things any of us knows about any others among us are our opinions (or what some of us may represent as their opinions in order to poke the bear or stir the pot), none of us knows enough about another of us to declare themselves a superior human being. That's just arrogant.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:18 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:
Jeezus Anthony did you really just write that? ... Condescend much?

The only things any of us knows about any others among us are our opinions (or what some of us may represent as their opinions in order to poke the bear or stir the pot), none of us knows enough about another of us to declare themselves a superior human being. That's just arrogant.

No look again at the post before that was not me that was savyman, I jus responded and it did not quote right
Anthony
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:18 pm

Anthony wrote:
No look again at the post before that was not me that was savyman, I jus responded and it did not quote right

I see ... makes sense, I didn't think that sounded like you. Savvy saying it is believable.

You know posts are editable, you can fix that quote.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:41 pm

savvyman wrote:To the Peanuts out there who are to whipped or weak - like mykc - to see reality when superior men such as myself take the generous effort of my time to illustrate it to them - - this is how a true unselfish team first athlete let's the world know how they are progressing in their off-season workouts:

LOL! I have no issue with anybody calling me out but at least have the decency to respond to ONE of my posts before talking smack, or don't I guess it's up to you. Usually when I am involved in a discussion and 1 person is using facts and the other is resorting to name calling the one using facts is making some pretty good points and the name caller is struggling to keep up... just saying
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:36 pm

mykc14 wrote:

LOL! I have no issue with anybody calling me out but at least have the decency to respond to ONE of my posts before talking smack, or don't I guess it's up to you. Usually when I am involved in a discussion and 1 person is using facts and the other is resorting to name calling the one using facts is making some pretty good points and the name caller is struggling to keep up... just saying

Well the thing is the person as you can see thinks he is better than everyone, and as such we should just bow down to him and say he is right, even when he is obviously wrong. His hatred of Wilson is always showing. No matter what you post about him he will find a negative spin he almost never provides any facts or stats just his opinion which since he thinks he is better than everyone to him it is enough. To me he is a sad, pathetic little man, suffering from a Napolean complex, but he is also very funny. You can always count on 2 things, no proof, and name calling.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:31 pm

I don't know how to respond to this. I honestly agree with whoever posted this idea before me, that seeing a video of them working out in the offseason doesn't excite me. I expect them to take their job seriously and put in the necessary effort to be successful.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:34 am

EmeraldBullet wrote:I don't know how to respond to this. I honestly agree with whoever posted this idea before me, that seeing a video of them working out in the offseason doesn't excite me. I expect them to take their job seriously and put in the necessary effort to be successful.

I am glad you expect it, so do I, but it is still very nice to see it, hear about it from a reliable source. FYI The person who said that was only saying it about Wilson, has he hates Wilson, as soon as he found a tweet or whatever about someone else he was all over it. All that said you can assume it, me I like to see it, hear it from reliable sources.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:40 am

EmeraldBullet wrote:I don't know how to respond to this. I honestly agree with whoever posted this idea before me, that seeing a video of them working out in the offseason doesn't excite me. I expect them to take their job seriously and put in the necessary effort to be successful.

And it doesn't excite anyone else, either, except perhaps Anthony, who has become so defensive of the new look Russell that he'd post a video of RW eating dinner and claim it as some sort of proof that he hasn't lost his competitive edge.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:53 am

Here we have 2 posters who are at opposite ends of the spectrum regarding their perception of Russell Wilson.
Savvy for some reason has a hate for him and Anthony for some reason thinks Wilson can do no wrong.
The truth lies somewhere in the middle.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:33 am

NorthHawk wrote:Here we have 2 posters who are at opposite ends of the spectrum regarding their perception of Russell Wilson.
Savvy for some reason has a hate for him and Anthony for some reason thinks Wilson can do no wrong.

Actually, I have said when Wilson has messed up, made mistakes etc. so that characterization of me is not correct. For Savy you are spot on, though
Anthony
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:24 pm

NorthHawk wrote:Here we have 2 posters who are at opposite ends of the spectrum regarding their perception of Russell Wilson.

You noticed that, too? Brilliant minds think alike.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:01 pm

[url]Savvy for some reason has a hate for him[/url] and Anthony for some reason thinks Wilson can do no wrong.

Look you F@@kin Idiot - where did I say I hate Russell Wilson you dumb Sh@T? Prove it. Tired off you idiots peanuts spinning BS or saying I am saying this or that when I have said nothing of the sort- So again - Prove it you F@##kin Idiot.

Why do you think Humancockroach doesn't post here anymore? Dumb peanuts claiming he said this and that when he said nothing of the sort - and he felt he always had to defend himself from the stupid accusation statements continuously made by dumbsh@ts like you and anthony. Finally by the looks of its he got tired of dealing with you stupid peanuts and he no longer posts.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:53 pm

Just a view from the sidelines on this one.
Seems like I hit a nerve.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:32 pm

NorthHawk wrote:Just a view from the sidelines on this one.
Seems like I hit a nerve.

Be careful remember he is better than us. he said so LOL
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:34 pm

RiverDog wrote:
And it doesn't excite anyone else, either, except perhaps Anthony, who has become so defensive of the new look Russell that he'd post a video of RW eating dinner and claim it as some sort of proof that he hasn't lost his competitive edge.

Hmm lie much? Oh wait you do, but thanks for proving it.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:30 am

savvyman wrote:Look you F@@kin Idiot - where did I say I hate Russell Wilson you dumb Sh@T? Prove it. Tired off you idiots peanuts spinning BS or saying I am saying this or that when I have said nothing of the sort- So again - Prove it you F@##kin Idiot.

Why do you think Humancockroach doesn't post here anymore? Dumb peanuts claiming he said this and that when he said nothing of the sort - and he felt he always had to defend himself from the stupid accusation statements continuously made by dumbsh@ts like you and anthony. Finally by the looks of its he got tired of dealing with you stupid peanuts and he no longer posts.

Aw, come on, Savvy. North Hawk is without a doubt the most non offensive poster on the board. He takes one tiny little cheap shot, which every one of us have done from time to time, and you go ballistic. The point he was making, ie hate/do no wrong extremes of RW, although the characterizations are extreme, are correct in that they represent two opposite ends of the spectrum between you and Anthony. You are very critical whereas Anthony is very complimentary.

As far as Roach not posting here anymore, neither North Hawk or Anthony had anything to do with it as I'm afraid I'm to blame for that one, as I was constantly mocking his "vastly improved offensive line" statement. He said he was taking a break.
RiverDog
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum