What we really should be happy to see

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: What we really should be happy to see

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:10 am

Yah, I was taking it to the extreme just to make a point. It wasn't intended to be offensive.

I actually have a part of me that agrees with Savvy. It's just not a big part.
People change over the course of their lives and big events such as getting married, having kids, finding religion, etc. occasionally change their focus sometimes for the better and sometimes for worse.
It remains to be seen whether this will happen with Russell or not.
What we do know is he doesn't have to study the playbook as much as he used to and I'm sure that over the years his film work has become more efficient as he now understands what opposing Defenses are trying to do and what our Offense can do to
exploit their weaknesses and counter their schemes. What's left is the physical part and working with teammates, so his football life preparations might not take quite as much effort as it did in his first 2 or 3 years.
I guess we will see how it turns out.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:59 pm

Its sad what happens on this forum and I suppose many others. This is my one and only Hawks forum and my experience is there is too much personal animosity and ad hominem attacks back and forth. We are all fans first, fans of the same team no less. There are few if any "stupid" people here when Ramblo isn't lurking around. Smart people can disagree about any number of things.

Its just an opinion,Jesus. Cant we all just get along? I'm here to talk Hawks. One can disagree without arguing and hurling insults.If we were all sitting around a big table at a bar talking the conversation wouldnt go nearly like it does with the six degrees of separation provided by the internet. Particularly with Wilson it seems there is a bit more controversy than is truly warranted at this point in the mans career, especially looking around the league at the positive clusterF**k that is the QB position on many teams.

Standards are higher now with the Seahawks, expectations as well but even as one who will criticize Wilson if I feel it is warranted I will still readily admits he is hardly a major concern relative to many other issues surrounding other positions on this team and coaching staff.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby yoder » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:05 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Its sad what happens on this forum and I suppose many others. This is my one and only Hawks forum and my experience is there is too much personal animosity and ad hominem attacks back and forth. We are all fans first, fans of the same team no less. There are few if any "stupid" people here when Ramblo isn't lurking around. Smart people can disagree about any number of things.

Two thumbs up!
yoder
Site Admin

Postby Agent 86 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:28 pm

I put Anthony on ignore long time ago....I could only take so much of someone trying to ram their opinion down other's throat as fact, and hurling insults when not agreed upon....and then others would insult back, it just got tiresome....and it wasn't even me he was ever arguing with.

Well said Hawktalk....and I don't know if you were referring to Anthony or not, I haven't bothered to read through this thread once it went off the rails a bit on the 1st page....
Agent 86
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:33 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Cant we all just get along?

Do you realize that you just plagiarized a statement made on national TV by the immortal Rodney King? But seriously, those were well thought out remarks, Hawktalk.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:48 pm

Agent 86 wrote:I put Anthony on ignore long time ago....I could only take so much of someone trying to ram their opinion down other's throat as fact, and hurling insults when not agreed upon....and then others would insult back, it just got tiresome....and it wasn't even me he was ever arguing with.

Well said Hawktalk....and I don't know if you were referring to Anthony or not, I haven't bothered to read through this thread once it went off the rails a bit on the 1st page....

LOL pot kettle and I had you on too till I decided to see if you grew up, You didn't so back you go
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:39 pm

Really? how thin skinned are we people? Lets all talk Hawks with a little bit of personality sprinkled in. It's a flipping game for chrissakes.I've never put anyone on ignore in my 18 years on the PI and now the awesome Hawk Shack offspring.Most people are set in their views but long term many people are right and then later they are wrong, especially when it comes to any athlete or sport. Its the nature of the beast.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:46 pm

RiverDog wrote:
Do you realize that you just plagiarized a statement made on national TV by the immortal Rodney King? But seriously, those were well thought out remarks, Hawktalk.

I absolutely knew I referenced it RD and its a hell of a template for what could fix the food fights going on in social media. The guy who got batted around for the cycle(as a result of his own idiocy) was the one person in america to try to calm the furor.
There's too much anger in America in general. And anger is a poison you take and wait for someone else to die....Its a loser mentality.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:15 pm

Well said, Hawktawk.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:29 am

If you are going to call out someone in a public forum and attribute comments or viewpoints that they never said then be prepared for an appropriate response.

As far a mykc14 - on more than one occasion this peanut has taken shots and claimed i held a viewpoint that I never did - I passed up responding to this peanut for two reasons. 1. i don't need to do the work to defend myself - thats up to the lazy peanut if they want to i initiate an attack. And #2 - Yeah right - Like the champion Boxer is going to entertain combat with every single punk that calls him out - you have to earn the right to spar with a champ - You peanut have not.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:10 am

savvyman wrote:If you are going to call out someone in a public forum and attribute comments or viewpoints that they never said then be prepared for an appropriate response.

As far a mykc14 - on more than one occasion this peanut has taken shots and claimed i held a viewpoint that I never did - I passed up responding to this peanut for two reasons. 1. i don't need to do the work to defend myself - thats up to the lazy peanut if they want to i initiate an attack. And #2 - Yeah right - Like the champion Boxer is going to entertain combat with every single punk that calls him out - you have to earn the right to spar with a champ - You peanut have not.

1) I didn't know questioning someone's view was initiating an attack. To me that's making a counter point or asking a legitimate question. It's easy to think you are right all the time if you never defend yourself or respond to questions from other people.

2) LOL... that is pretty funny. I mean there is no way that I believe, even for a second, that you actually hold yourself in this high of a regard. This is your schtick and although it's not exactly my cup of tea, I have to admit that it does make me laugh every once in awhile...
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:52 pm

LOL You fellas are becoming the failing seahaks, pointing the accusing finger will lead you to ruin faster than you would have gone otherwise.

RAMS 2017
Rambo2014
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum