Willson and Shead get one year deals

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Willson and Shead get one year deals

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:24 am

c_hawkbob
Legacy

Re: Willson and Shead get one year deals

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:50 am

That's good.
I heard Shead's agent suggested he might be ready for the start of the season, but it was pointed out it might have been said in an effort to get more action in the FA market.
I hope he is ready, but I seriously doubt it as his injury is significant. Maybe part way through the year in a spot duty role at first would be good for him in his healing process.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Agent 86 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:18 pm

Fully did not expect either one back in Seattle, so a pleasant surprise. Hope Shead can recover from his injury, I think he has performed pretty well for the most part in his time here. Willson has been steady as well, has decent hands and can block. Nice for RW3 to have that continuity at TE.
Agent 86
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:20 pm

The way I read this is that by bringing back Willson, the Hawks are keeping their options open with Graham, who's contract is up next season. Both are receiving tight ends with marginal in line blocking skills.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:15 pm

This is sooooooo awesome. Like is one of my favorites. Please check out his announcement.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... nouncement
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:18 pm

RiverDog wrote:The way I read this is that by bringing back Willson, the Hawks are keeping their options open with Graham, who's contract is up next season. Both are receiving tight ends with marginal in line blocking skills.

While I think there's truth in what you say, the Raiders signing cook made Wilson the next best option. And outside of taking a weapon from drama king A-Rodgers, I like Willson better as he's a Hawk!
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:23 am

Hawk Sista wrote:While I think there's truth in what you say, the Raiders signing cook made Wilson the next best option. And outside of taking a weapon from drama king A-Rodgers, I like Willson better as he's a Hawk!

We do have Vanett and the draft is supposedly stacked with TE's so we could have let Willson go, but retaining him, especially considering that both Willson and Graham are receiving tight ends, takes us out of the market for a tight end while sending a signal that we're prepared to move away from Graham if the price isn't right.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Tusc2000 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:19 am

I'll take an established TE with good hands over a rookie any day. Luke is not the best blocker, but he's made some clutch catches. Very happy they are bringing him back.

I don't know about Shead though. Good to have depth,hope he works through rehab by September, but the 2nd corner slot needs an upgrade.
Tusc2000
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:23 am

I like both signings. Shead has been solid and will be a good back up option once healthy. We can't have too many corners. I also really liked the Niko Thorpe re-sign.

Welcome aboard, Tusc2000!
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:41 pm

Tusc2000 wrote:I'll take an established TE with good hands over a rookie any day. Luke is not the best blocker, but he's made some clutch catches. Very happy they are bringing him back.

I don't know about Shead though. Good to have depth,hope he works through rehab by September, but the 2nd corner slot needs an upgrade.

Hey, a new poster! Welcome aboard!
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum