Bradley McDougald

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Bradley McDougald

Postby Feez » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:46 am

I am surprised there is no thread on this yet (unless I missed it). this is another great move although I wish they had tried to get a longer contract. I think he will work out well for us adding quality depth to our secondary we needed badly. I read he has played Safety, Strong safety and cornerback too so he could be moved around if need be. Losing both Kam and Earl the last few seasons showed our depth wasn't were it needed to be and I think he is a perfect fit to help fix that to some degree
Feez
Legacy

Re: Bradley McDougald

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:34 am

I don't know too much about him, but from reading others comments he could be a solid find for us if one of either Kam or ET gets hurt again. Even if they just get dinged up which left one of them to slightly under perform, he might be able to step in and give us a game or 2 for the starter to recover without a lot of fall off in production.
Like you said, this might turn out to be a great move.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:15 pm

I like the signing, but this may also be a draft upcoming that sees us try to find a couple of rooks to groom to eventually replace Thomas and Kam.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:06 am

Ive heard they are even considering him as the starting corner across from Sherm. He sounds very versatile.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:17 am

If true (playing both corner and safety), this signing really blurs the lines of what Pete said he wants in the draft.
With it so deep in Defense this year, we can get a couple of real good players with starting potential.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:27 pm

Zorn76 wrote:I like the signing, but this may also be a draft upcoming that sees us try to find a couple of rooks to groom to eventually replace Thomas and Kam.

Right but it shows me they see a storm ahead in signing KC.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Feez » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:29 pm

I think they saw his potential as a very solid back up and they could get him at a cap friendly price so they made their move. one thing I think Schneider does best is he sees a value in a player on a realistic level. there is no keeping a guy around because you like him or paying more than you should because they are a fan favorite. the first dose of that was when they let Tate walk. he isn't afraid to stick with his guns which makes him so good in my opinion. no reactionary moves, all made with a bigger plan in mind and they don't often deviate from it
Feez
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum