This is our year SB here we come

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

This is our year SB here we come

Postby politicalfootball » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:37 am

We are once again in the top five of teams to win the SB next year in 2018 . My prediction is Seahawks go 13-3 and due to parity have Home Field Advantage in the playoffs.
Ok what are your predictions for us this year ?
politicalfootball
Legacy

Re: This is our year SB here we come

Postby Largent80 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:16 am

I have to see what our O-Line does before saying we are SB bound.

If we can get our running game going I would say we have a chance.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:33 am

Have fun at the Super Bowl, u need to look early to score a seat in Minny and watch the Rams vs Raiders
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:23 pm

Rambo2014 wrote:Have fun at the Super Bowl, u need to look early to score a seat in Minny and watch the Rams vs Raiders

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rams will more than likely be in last place in the NFC West. The doc says......Turn your head and Goff.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:38 pm

politicalfootball wrote:We are once again in the top five of teams to win the SB next year in 2018 . My prediction is Seahawks go 13-3 and due to parity have Home Field Advantage in the playoffs.

Good to see you posting again, PF.

I don't like engaging in predictions this time of year because I'm usually way, way off. We still have a good core of players but these last two seasons have been uninspiring. Get back with me in mid October.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:02 pm

Just remember that as late as 6 years ago, what we did last year would of been considered a 'great year' -- I'd rather be 10-6 and in the playoffs then watching other teams play in January.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:31 am

You're right, ObS.
Players that can run like a Safety but have the size of a LB to cover the athletic TE's are coming into vogue. Now teams like NE are using double TE's which makes it harder to cover both. It also makes the explosion for jump balls more important, too. Maybe the days of the 5'10" CB as the standard are gone, at least for this cycle. There will be exceptions of course for elite players but the norm may be changing to taller DB's.
It's an interesting evolution.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Feez » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:20 pm

politicalfootball wrote:We are once again in the top five of teams to win the SB next year in 2018 . My prediction is Seahawks go 13-3 and due to parity have Home Field Advantage in the playoffs.

Poli my friend I will say one of the things I missed most about this forum is your positive take on things. it's nice to see another 12 who isn't dooming and glooming the upcoming season based on the moves made or not made. I personally think Lacy will give just enough of the missing edge we once had to move the chains and pull out a few more Ws. our schedule looked as friendly as it has in years only 1 10 am start back east. I will say we finish between 11-5 and 12-4. I think every year is our year (for the most part) so this year will be no different
Feez
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:11 pm

I'm more curious than anything. I don't have a feel for this upcoming season. In 2013 I expected greatness after the arrival of RW and the furious comeback that fell just short vs Atlanta at seasons end 2012. I felt the same way starting 2005 after the previous season ended with a furious Hasselbeck beating his fists against the turf following engrams drop ending the season vs the Rams the season before. This team I just don't have a feel for yet.

Like RD says talk to me in mid october. Is Russ still hungry? Does Sherman have gas left in the tank? Will injuries bite again and how about the guys trying to come back like Lockett and ET? Which Eddie Lacy will show up? And maybe most important what about the O line? I expect playoffs for sure but will wait and see how the draft and training camp progress before putting it on the line with a prediction.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:02 am

Hey guys, lots of changes so far already. Main one IMHO is getting Jokel , we improved the OL a lot with that move.

So I am interested in who we draft at #26. I am certain that , Cam Robinson and Garrett Bolles and Ryan Ramczyk one of those will fall to us. Of the three I choose Garrett Bolles. Talk about a dream come true for the Seahawks.

We need some help at LT to say the least. Now we can go BPA and that.may not be a LT. So I am waiting for the draft just like everyone else.

As far as the prediction of 13 - 3. I am happy with a prediction of. 12-4. Because I am also pretty sure we have more parity in the league this season.

Seattle Seahawks are magic so far already. I like PC'S attitude this season. It reminds me of when he first came into the NFL.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:17 am

There are a few other problems besides OL. One of them being CB. Lane will move to Sheads spot, which means a slot CB is needed, unless you are counting on practice squad players.

We could possibly draft a fantastic athlete in Adoree Jackson to make an instant impact in the secondary. He is shorter than the Hawks desired length but he has the athleticism to make up for it. PLUS he is a holy terror on kick returns and can even play offense.

He is going to be special.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:04 am

Largent80 wrote:There are a few other problems besides OL. One of them being CB. Lane will move to Sheads spot, which means a slot CB is needed, unless you are counting on practice squad players.

We could possibly draft a fantastic athlete in Adoree Jackson to make an instant impact in the secondary. He is shorter than the Hawks desired length but he has the athleticism to make up for it. PLUS he is a holy terror on kick returns and can even play offense.

He is going to be special.

He's a potential game changer, for sure and he has good instincts and make up speed when the ball is in the air.
Who knows where he will land, though. I've seen him mocked from top 20 to mid 2nd round with such a large pool of talent.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:20 am

PF, I think we finally get back toe the SB in 2 years but no way, not this year, not with this OL. EVEN IF they get a real good OLineman in this years draft, (and that is a huge IF) it will be well into next year before he can have an impact. 13-3 come on, Dallas, Atlanta, NY, and GB are all losses. Then your "assuming we will beat Luck, the Cards, and the Rams, we havent been doing it.
10-6 again, and one PO game at home, sorry. Again, hope I am wrong.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:56 am

You do realize that Dallas lost 2 of their vaunted OL right?

I don't see us losing in GB again either or at home to Atlanta. To me Tenn. and Jax are young and upcoming teams and will be tougher than the games you listed as losses.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:45 am

There still is one massive roadblock in the way of another SB win!

Darrell Bevell
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:39 am

Largent80 wrote:You do realize that Dallas lost 2 of their vaunted OL right?

I don't see us losing in GB again either or at home to Atlanta. To me Tenn. and Jax are young and upcoming teams and will be tougher than the games you listed as losses.

One of their OL - I think Doug Free will be replaced by La'El Collins who only played 3 games last year because of a toe injury so they really only lost 1 spot on their OL.
Still, it might make a difference.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:51 pm

Our offense will NEVER be as good as it can be as long as Darrell Bevell is calling the plays.

Richard Sherman did his best to speak out about the Bevell problem only to be rewarded by being shopped around the league.

Does Pete have any idea he is messing with team chemistry by dissing on the LOB? I mean, both Kam AND Sherm. aren't happy and Pete seems dumb founded.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Tue May 16, 2017 11:21 am

Ok folks , yes I am an optimist but I just read where the Seahawks are underdogs in only two games this season. Forgot where I read it but you can look it up.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby GHAWK206 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:09 pm

I think finding that star RB is more important then the OLINE situation. Yeah we need a better OLINE but we need that star RB in the backfield who can be a hammer and wear down down defenses on a week to week basis.Great RB's don't need big holes as they only need small cracks to get through in the NFL. Marshawn was the engine of our offense/team and his nasty, physical style of play bled into how our defense and special teams played. We've lost our identity without Lynch especially on offense. I don't think we're set up to win with Wilson airing it out 35+times a game and that's not the brand of football Carroll wants to play anyways. Once we have a decent line and find that strong foundational RB who can stay healthy I think the Hawks will find there way back into the SB. Hawks are a complimentary team meaning a "team of one" so we have to be physically dominant in all 3 phases of the game to beat up teams on a week to week basis.. We're still considered the NFC WEST BULLIES and teams/fans around the nation still fear us.They will never admit it but they do.
GHAWK206
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Sat May 20, 2017 4:46 pm

Bevfool's departure is long overdue. Cable's shtick is worn to the point that it's thinner than a rock star's model girlfriend. Seattle's time of possession slipped dramatically in 2016. Maybe playoffs, but Super Bowl? Probably not.......
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:41 pm

I think the Seahawks have the magic in them for this season Pete Carroll is running around like in his first year with the Seahawks. We had a good draft especially for our defense. There's still a lot of FA left and I believe that is where we can get a good LT. I think this will be the Seahawks year and I believe we are going to have a SB win.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:21 am

politicalfootball wrote:I think the Seahawks have the magic in them for this season Pete Carroll is running around like in his first year with the Seahawks. We had a good draft especially for our defense. There's still a lot of FA left and I believe that is where we can get a good LT. I think this will be the Seahawks year and I believe we are going to have a SB win.

Fant is going to be the LT. And good LT's aren't usually available in F.A.

Joekel will more than likely play LG (if he recovers from his injuries) Britt at center, Glowinski moves back to his college position at RG and the same with Ifedi going to RT.

Hopefully this group gels really fast, like in mini camp fast.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:16 pm

GB first week in the humidity will be interesting. Both teams usually start slow. Lacy may want to prove something but Bevell will probably screw it up somehow
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:21 pm

Largent80 wrote:Fant is going to be the LT. And good LT's aren't usually available in F.A.

Joekel will more than likely play LG (if he recovers from his injuries) Britt at center, Glowinski moves back to his college position at RG and the same with Ifedi going to RT.

Hopefully this group gels really fast, like in mini camp fast.

If that plays out, then 3 of the 5 starters will be playing in new positions, plus one of those starters didn't start until the middle of the season. Last season it was 4 out of 5, so a true optimist would say that's progress.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:46 pm

New positions but familiar positions. Couple that with a years worth of reps and improvement is more than likely going to happen
Largent80
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:56 am

One of the best reasons why I think the Seahawks are going back to the SB is that we have improved on defense. It really does take great defense to win a SB. Plus I have a good feeling about the Seahawks this year, we have improved on defense and the OL and we have another great linebacker to start with Wagner and Write. Plus Pete Carroll is running around like in his first year with the Seahawks. Remember it's the playoffs that is where the season starts. I think this year that the best teams will be, Oakland, Green bay, and maybe Dallas. We can beat those guys I know it. So look out SB here we come.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum