Who are you Seahawk draft Favorites?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Who are you Seahawk draft Favorites?

Postby Largent80 » Wed May 03, 2017 8:44 am

For me it's Shaquill Griffin. I think he's going to be a star.

Also when I look at Chris Carsons highlites, he may shock some people.
Largent80
Legacy

Re: Who are you Seahawk draft Favorites?

Postby NorthHawk » Wed May 03, 2017 8:59 am

I'm not sure I have a favorite, but for me the most intriguing is McDowell.
His ceiling is so high and yet his floor could be very low. It depends on how he takes to coaching and veteran influence.
From the limited videos on the Internet, yes, Carson could find a starting role.
But I'm going to be watching the Offensive Linemen including the UFA's for progress this year. I just hope they settle on positions early and let the players get comfortable in a single role and working together.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Oly » Wed May 03, 2017 10:24 am

Good question. I'm not sure I have a favorite, largely because I didn't see any of these guys coming and so haven't been attached to any. I think my answer is pretty much this:

NorthHawk wrote:I'm not sure I have a favorite, but for me the most intriguing is McDowell.
His ceiling is so high and yet his floor could be very low. It depends on how he takes to coaching and veteran influence.

For me, the two biggest needs I've wanted to see the Hawks address are LT and pass rushing interior DT. Few players can impact a game as much as, say, an Aaron Donald or John Randle before him. The Hawks haven't had a player like that in ages, and I'm intrigued to see if McDowell can become that guy. I think he can, and it's not like me to have a lot of hope in rookies, but as someone whose job it is to work with 20 year old college students, I see McDowell's issues as ones that a little bit of maturity and strong veteran leadership can clear up pretty quickly. If his ceiling is Calais Campbell and his floor is unemployed in three years, I can say I'd be far more surprised to see his floor than his ceiling.
Oly
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:39 am

Largent80
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:01 pm

McDowell could be a big plus and a bigger headache, but if he works out, I see some potential in the "Red Bryant" hybrid DEnd in our #1 pick. I see him next to Nazir Jones, who will be holding down the middle; Wouldn't that be nice to hit on two big D-linemen in one draft

-- But neither are my favorite pick. I'll be rooting most for Darboh, as his back story of how he got to America and into football.. that's a person I want to support. And the kid looks like he can be a contributor, too.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Wed May 03, 2017 1:16 pm

Well... I love the idea of Malik being the good Malik up in Seattle....like a lot. Add his size and freakish athleticism to Avril, Bennett, & Clark and we might just have a tough band of brothers in 2017. I didn't mind this pick at all (though I was kinda hoping for Cam Robinson - I knew the front office would not draft him, so I was prepared to avoid O-line early). After the limited amount of sleuthing I did (Seahawks drafts always take some... who the hell is that guy?? was uttered more than once as I watched the draft unfold on my phone) - I have to say I like Darboh. He played in a pro-style offense, he's tough and has good size; I liked his highlight reel too. ADB is the only reliable receiver we have. What is the real deal with Tyler's injury?? Can P-Rich stay healthy? Which Kearse will we see in 2017?

I am not educated enough to really comment on this thread as I know so little about any of them, but after watching the highlights, I like what Darboh seems to have. We shall see.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:59 pm

After reading/hearing this I'm excited for Pocic.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/275763/ls ... -seahawks/
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:08 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:Well..- I have to say I like Darboh. He played in a pro-style offense, he's tough and has good size; I liked his highlight reel too. ADB is the only reliable receiver we have. What is the real deal with Tyler's injury?? Can P-Rich stay healthy? Which Kearse will we see in 2017?

I am not educated enough to really comment on this thread as I know so little about any of them, but after watching the highlights, I like what Darboh seems to have. We shall see.

He has so much upside. If he is to make an impact the Hawks may have to eat Kearses' cap hit and send him packing. In my opinion they really screwed up on this years salary for Kearse. It will cost 3 million plus to cut him, but I'm hoping he rebounds and Darboh beats out someone else.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:17 pm

OK, to explain. I play drums in a hard rock cover band and my friend kinda stole this Sherman from a pistacio display and snuck in while I was outside (at our HUGE party last Sat>) He put Sherm back behind my kit LOL.

Largent80
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum