Frank Clark

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Frank Clark

Postby HawkDawg » Thu May 11, 2017 5:33 pm

Surprised there's not a topic on this yet. We know there was some serious baggage when we drafted him, now this? What the hell is going on with this guy? I'm all for Pete and friends giving second chances because they "see something" in a player, turn him around, etc. Yet these negative headlines just keep on stacking up.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-meet-with-frank-clark-express-extreme-disappointment-with-his-judgement-on-twitter/
HawkDawg
Legacy

Re: Frank Clark

Postby NorthHawk » Thu May 11, 2017 11:35 pm

I was trying to ignore this issue.
At least it was only a dumb post on twitter and not an act like Reed has been accused of.
I'm hoping it's just another lesson in how to handle his public persona.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby ACES 13 » Fri May 12, 2017 12:06 pm

Not a fan of social media in general and twitter seems to be the place where you go to make comments you'll come to regret. SMH
ACES 13
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri May 12, 2017 12:27 pm

Sounds like he's taking his tips from Richard Sherman. I understand that the NFL has their own version of the paparazzi, but they have to realize that they've chosen to engage in a field that places them in a fish bowl and subjects them to intense personal criticism. It's part of the payback for raking in multi million dollar paychecks for playing a game.

This all falls back on Pete. It's his chickens coming home to roost. He has made a living off of letting the inmates run the asylum and was a big reason why he left USC on two years probation and got out of Dodge to come coach our team in the first place. His Achilles heal is that he's not a strong disciplinarian and explains why you see Seahawk players putting themselves in the headlines for crapola like this with more frequency than other NFL teams.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri May 12, 2017 2:12 pm

Ill play devils advocate. It wasn't fair or accurate for this reporter to address Clarks situation in the same context as Greg Hardy. Frank Clark was bitten on the end of the nose by a woman who he subsequently violently shoved away from him causing some marks.I don't blame him. If that happened to me Id have punched a woman for the first time in my life. Clark has been a model teammate as well by all accounts.

Hardy beat a woman within an inch of her life including tossing her on a bed covered with assault rifles. Hardy is a roid raging cancer in every locker room hes been in which is why hes likely to stay unemployed despite being possibly the best pass rusher alive.
The media could stand to STFU sometimes you know?
I don't blame Frank for being angry lumped in with a POS like Hardy. He has since apologized and its time to move on.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Fri May 12, 2017 8:52 pm

It all falls back on Pete.... REALLY? I thought you managed people. When the POTUS shows less tweeting judgement on a daily basis re national security than a 22 year old athlete over an old issue drug out again, it's tough to hang it on the coach, IMHO. If it becomes habit, I'll weigh in again. At present, I'm more concerned that the country is governed via twitter.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat May 13, 2017 9:08 am

Hawk Sista wrote:It all falls back on Pete.... REALLY? I thought you managed people. When the POTUS shows less tweeting judgement on a daily basis re national security than a 22 year old athlete over an old issue drug out again, it's tough to hang it on the coach, IMHO. If it becomes habit, I'll weigh in again. At present, I'm more concerned that the country is governed via twitter.

Oh, come on, sis. Where was it that I gave the impression that I was more concerned about players' behavior around the press and the POTUS's tweeting habits? Defend Pete if you must, but let's leave our views on politics out of it.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun May 14, 2017 12:21 am

Hawk Sista wrote:It all falls back on Pete.... REALLY? I thought you managed people. When the POTUS shows less tweeting judgement on a daily basis re national security than a 22 year old athlete over an old issue drug out again, it's tough to hang it on the coach, IMHO. If it becomes habit, I'll weigh in again. At present, I'm more concerned that the country is governed via twitter.

No question Sis, you called this one as soon as they drafted him.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon May 15, 2017 5:06 am

To expand on the point made so well sis I'm far more concerned that our country has as a president an incompetent raving lunatic who uses twitter very inexpertly all the time than anything about Frank Clark.

Way to keep us grounded Sis!!!!
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby ACES 13 » Mon May 15, 2017 6:43 am

To expand on the point made so well sis I'm far more concerned that our country has as a president an incompetent raving lunatic who uses twitter very inexpertly all the time than anything about Frank Clark.

Way to keep us grounded Sis!!!!

The bolded applies to many many many self important souls who share their thoughts on a daily basis that I will continue to ignore, POTUS being a prime example!

SMH
ACES 13
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon May 15, 2017 7:02 am

Oh, come on, sis. Where was it that I gave the impression that I was more concerned about players' behavior around the press and the POTUS's tweeting habits? Defend Pete if you must, but let's leave our views on politics out of it.

RD..... POTUS is bringing politics into social media discussions, not me. The need to have a running feed of one's every thought is certainly "a thing" now. Frank showed poor judgement and had a twitchy finger reaction. PC swooped in, coached him up on it, Clark deleted it and then apologized. A move POTUS is incapable of making. He's made it relevant to raise his name during ANY Twitter discussion.

And I'll shut up about him when he quits jeopardizing everything important with stupid a$$ Tweets - like say national security, our very democracy and the heath of the planet. One would hope that national security isn't political, it's effin essential - particularly with the cast of characters on the global stage.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Feez » Mon May 15, 2017 12:47 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Ill play devils advocate. It wasn't fair or accurate for this reporter to address Clarks situation in the same context as Greg Hardy. Frank Clark was bitten on the end of the nose by a woman who he subsequently violently shoved away from him causing some marks.I don't blame him. If that happened to me Id have punched a woman for the first time in my life. Clark has been a model teammate as well by all accounts.

Hardy beat a woman within an inch of her life including tossing her on a bed covered with assault rifles. Hardy is a roid raging cancer in every locker room hes been in which is why hes likely to stay unemployed despite being possibly the best pass rusher alive.
The media could stand to STFU sometimes you know?
I don't blame Frank for being angry lumped in with a POS like Hardy. He has since apologized and its time to move on.

Exactly my take on it. he reacted poorly but I can't say I wouldn't react emotionally as well if someone brought up something I had moved past and shown no signs at all of repeating. dumb reaction to a article intended to garner a reaction. unless the author intended that sort of response it was a dumb move on her part too. Clark owned up, apologized and deleted his tweet. nothing to see here as far as I am concerned
Feez
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue May 16, 2017 4:33 am

Hawk Sista wrote:RD..... POTUS is bringing politics into social media discussions, not me. The need to have a running feed of one's every thought is certainly "a thing" now. Frank showed poor judgement and had a twitchy finger reaction. PC swooped in, coached him up on it, Clark deleted it and then apologized. A move POTUS is incapable of making. He's made it relevant to raise his name during ANY Twitter discussion.

And I'll shut up about him when he quits jeopardizing everything important with stupid a$$ Tweets - like say national security, our very democracy and the heath of the planet. One would hope that national security isn't political, it's effin essential - particularly with the cast of characters on the global stage.

Why don't you join us in the OT forum. This is clearly not related to Seahawk football.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue May 16, 2017 8:02 am

RD... my original point was related. I maintain that. A kid who was unfairly dragged through Greg Hardy's mud responded stupidly via Twitter. He was coached up, amended his comments & apologized. This day & age, we should expect more instances of stupid social media posts from young players, not fewer. POTUS, IMHO, makes himself a target by Tweeting the most reckless crap ever because of his role.

How can we judge kids so harshly for their social media posts when it's the MO of the president? It's related to the topic, IMHO, and a very unfortunate reality.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum