Kaepernick to Seahawks?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Kaepernick to Seahawks?

Postby monkey » Mon May 29, 2017 9:04 pm

North, you know what's great about free speech?
He can say what he wants, and I can call him a moron for saying it!
Of course I agree that he can say what he wants, I don't think his right to speak was ever in question, (I certainly don't have the power to take away a right granted to him by the Creator!), I really have no idea why you even bring it up. Neither of us can take away his GOD given right to speak freely... Why even bring it up? No one is trying to tell him he cannot say what he is saying, some of us are trying to tell him that what he's saying is ignorant!

Free speech works both ways, if he says stupid crap, and he did, if his disrespectful protests against the country I fought for and love make me think he's a person of low character and I do, then I can say that.

BTW, "learn how to be tolerant"? What does that even mean? That's a statement that is completely meaningless.
If I weren't "tolerant" of him, I would try to force him to shut up. If I weren't tolerant of his protests, I would physically try to bring them to an end.

Clearly I am tolerating someone/something that I find repulsive, (and not because of his skin color but because of the lack of quality of his character).
I tolerate all kinds of people lecturing me about needing to be tolerant, despite the fact that I have come to hate that buzz word, because of the way that word has been weaponized to silence any dissenting opinions.

Personally, I believe that most calls for tolerance are nothing more than a way to try to force people into acceptance of things they ought to be intolerant of.
We are already, quite possibly the single most tolerant society this world has ever seen; more tolerance is not something this country needs, more discernment, more courage to speak truth is! More people telling us what to think and say, more people using political correctness to control speech isn't what this world needs, it needs more freedom!
monkey
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue May 30, 2017 12:46 am

Monk, in 1988, I counted 20 C/O's that called black inmates the N-word, out of 200. That is over 10%, so I think racism is not as widespread as a lot of Black Americans would like to think, but its much deeper than most whites would like to hope. We have a race problem in America, period, and Law Enforcement its much worse than mainline America; the reasons are to deep to go into here. So I support the protest, whether its Megan Rapino, or Kapper. However, the torch bearer should not have been a Multi millionaire. It looked like a fat kid going into a candy store coming out crying that he had a belly ache. I don't want Kapper on our team for football reasons, I think its a bad move.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue May 30, 2017 2:49 am

obiken wrote:River, you and I have been at this a long time.

Yes, we have, Obi. I started frequenting the old PI forum in the fall of 2005, our first SB year, and you're one of the first posters I encountered, so we're coming up on 12 years.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue May 30, 2017 5:37 am

Yes, we have, Obi. I started frequenting the old PI forum in the fall of 2005, our first SB year, and you're one of the first posters I encountered, so we're coming up on 12 years.

18 for me bubba, I started there in 99, when Holmy took over, Hell of a run!!
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue May 30, 2017 5:56 am

obiken wrote:River, you and I have been at this a long time. Your smarter and less volatile than I am, but you and I know one thing, you have to have a franchise QB that is accurate and doesn't turn over the ball. We have that but a bad Offensive line. What we do not need is a pseudo QB who's mechanics are shot but who can make a couple of plays with his legs coming in here. It would be like throwing dynamite on a barbecue. You do not need to give Sherm and his group a guy to rally behind.

Bingo
Don't give Sherman any more ammo. There is absolutely no upside for the team at large and as I've been saying ad nauseum FOR THE FAN BASE.
If that Ahole Krap jogs out of the tunnel in the Hawks uni there will be a cascade of boos every time and the one or 2 games I attend annually Ill be one of them for the first time ever as a fan.
I respect greatly the people, the friends I've never met on this forum and their diverse opinions but I'm guessing our little forum is a microcosm of the 12s in general.
Likely 50% or more of the 12s hate the guy for his protests against the people we spent the weekend celebrating and will never accept him as a Seahawk. We will feel our team bailed him out of a situation of his own making.
The owner of the Giants said recently it would be a mistake to sign him due to the objections of the fan base.

As for my "disintegrate" comments Skip Bayless echoed them in a recent article saying there are 3 to 4 teams every year that drastically underperform and Seattle is ripe for an "implosion" with all the locker room tension and this possible roster move. Granted its Bayless which means we probably win the SB :-)

I have some of the same concerns though. Were our division not so dreadful on paper Id feel even more concerned. No more social engineering. Just play ball.

And Im in my 18th season here, Holmgren's second year. Its a great therapeutic retreat and sounding board.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue May 30, 2017 8:32 am

Hawktawk wrote:Bingo
Don't give Sherman any more ammo. There is absolutely no upside for the team at large and as I've been saying ad nauseum FOR THE FAN BASE.
If that Ahole Krap jogs out of the tunnel in the Hawks uni there will be a cascade of boos every time and the one or 2 games I attend annually Ill be one of them for the first time ever as a fan.
I respect greatly the people, the friends I've never met on this forum and their diverse opinions but I'm guessing our little forum is a microcosm of the 12s in general.
Likely 50% or more of the 12s hate the guy for his protests against the people we spent the weekend celebrating and will never accept him as a Seahawk. We will feel our team bailed him out of a situation of his own making.
The owner of the Giants said recently it would be a mistake to sign him due to the objections of the fan base.

As for my "disintegrate" comments Skip Bayless echoed them in a recent article saying there are 3 to 4 teams every year that drastically underperform and Seattle is ripe for an "implosion" with all the locker room tension and this possible roster move. Granted its Bayless which means we probably win the SB :-)

I have some of the same concerns though. Were our division not so dreadful on paper Id feel even more concerned. No more social engineering. Just play ball.

And Im in my 18th season here, Holmgren's second year. Its a great therapeutic retreat and sounding board.

Speaking only for myself, I don't hate Kaepernick. I have little to no respect for him, but hate is a word I reserve for truly evil people, ie Hitler, Ted Bundy, Osama bin Laden, et al, the type of people that would have caused me no hesitation whatsoever to take their lives had I been given the opportunity to do so.

If we were going to bring him in, you would have thought that we would have signed him before now as OTA's are scheduled to start today. And keep in mind that he didn't work out for us, we simply met with him, ie no test drive, just kicking the tires. I'm beginning to think that this is Kaepernick business is all a bunch of noise, that we aren't really serious about Kaepernick or any of the several other veteran quarterbacks that remain available. Perhaps Pete feels that we needed a distraction from all the other distractions we've had this offseason.

It's beginning to look like that the three threads we have running about Kaepernick are about to become moot points.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue May 30, 2017 6:12 pm

It's looking less and less likely that we'll sign Kaepernick. Pete's buddy Pat Kirwan is saying it's a no-go.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/287284/pa ... aepernick/
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed May 31, 2017 2:31 am

Old but Slow wrote:They have talked with him, and if they sign him I will welcome him, but only if the contract is extremely team friendly. Throw in a bunch of incentives, and make them attractive to him, because if Russell goes down it would be good if CK is motivated to do well.

Players need to get pretty drastic before I will react to political gestures. These are very young men with a narrow view, mostly, of what the world is doing, so the statements and views are, realistically, from very unlikely commenters. Would you change your vote because Russell Wilson had a position? Hopefully, not.

It seems unlikely to me that CK will sign, and his value would be minimal, but it could give the team some room to move.

Kaepernick is 29 years old. How old do you have to be before you no longer get a pass for having a narrow view?
RiverDog
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum