Colin Kaepernick

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Colin Kaepernick

Postby 12thHawkDawg » Fri May 26, 2017 10:53 am

Good morning Hawks Fans!

I want to rant about Colin Kaepernick...

I am an American vet, 12th Man and proud to stand with my right hand over my heart and sing the national anthem at Hawks games, or any event for that matter. If you are from some other country, I would respect your right not to acknowledge our national anthem. Colin Kaepernick is not from a foreign country, he was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and is an American citizen. I do not respect his actions on the field.

Last season Colin decided not to stand during the playing of the Star-Spangled Banner. We all know his reasons, in particular the serious issue about the Black Lives Matter movement. Sure there are problems in America for people of color -- that is true. But I believe the NFL playing field is not the forum to hash-out such problems. As an NFL quarterback, Colin can get a TV, newspaper or social media interview at the drop of a quarter where he can truly express his opinions for all to hear.

NFL fans watch football for many different reasons. I personally think NFL fans don't watch football to hear about players personal or political views. Most of the NFL fans I know watch the game to help escape those issues. As a 12th Man, I love everything about the game -- the players, the coaching staff, the roar of the crowd, the cheerleaders, the action on the field. For 3.5 hours I forget about the drama of the outside world and have the time of my life yelling at the top of my lungs while the Hawks beat the 49ers!

What Colin Kaepernick did last season hurt the game and damaged his career. There is a time and a place for all things. I am sure Colin has learned that lesson and hope the Hawks front-office turns him away. Whether or not you are a Hawks fan, I believe there is no better place to be a NFL fan or watch a game than in Seattle. Please don't ruin that by bringing Colin Kaepernick to Seattle.

Thank you for listening to me rant, but I have one more thing to say that does not have anything to do with Colin Kaepernick. As Americans, we have the right to burn the flag and we have the right not to stand and sing during the playing of the National Anthem, but should we? Many mistake (associate) the bad things that happen in our government, military and law enforcement as being America -- that is wrong. This country we live in, the wonderful dirt we are standing on is America. The flag that waves over her is America. The lives and hard work of all those men and women who built this country is America. When you spit on our flag, you spit on everything that is good about America. That does not stand well with me and hope all true Americans feel the same way.

Peace out!

12thHawkDawg
12thHawkDawg
Legacy

Re: Colin Kaepernick

Postby Hawk Sista » Fri May 26, 2017 11:13 am

Welcome aboard! I sincerely hope you stay and offer insights throughout the season (& off-season too). & I thank you for your service.

I do, however, respectfully disagree w/ your take. I think one of the things that makes America great is the ability to do what Kap did. Like it or love it, you didn't fight for the flag, you fought for the freedoms it represents. Uniformity of thought feels a lot more North Korean than American to me. There, you can get one of a very few hair cuts. They have like 4 to choose from. Here, you have almost as many styles as you have people.

Again, I mean no disrespect. I wanted to welcome you, but wanted to do so w/ authenticity.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby 12thHawkDawg » Fri May 26, 2017 11:42 am

Good morning Hawk Sista!

Thank you for taking the time to consider this post. I have traveled the world and find it fantastic that you and I can respectfully express ourselves without the "man" coming down on us. This is just not the case elsewhere.

I hope we can keep all the negativity in the world off the NFL playing field and concentrate on having a great game to experience. The NFL is good at bringing people together. The color of your skin or your political views do not matter to the NFL. On the field in Seattle, everyone is equal and works toward one goal: beating the 49ers... ha!

Have fun!

12thHawkDawg
12thHawkDawg
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Fri May 26, 2017 12:08 pm

I respect YOUR right to speak up for and DEFEND Old Glory that you fought for! I can understand the "concept" that burning our flag is an "expression" of speech and therefore protected speech, , I just cannot think that any true patriot would even consider actually burning Old Glory. Just because it may be legal to do something doesn't mean that one should do it!

edit; In other words, I myself can think of no good reason to disrespect the flag, I would hope that one would find another way to raise attention to their cause.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Fri May 26, 2017 12:24 pm

12thHawkDawg wrote:Good morning Hawk Sista!

Thank you for taking the time to consider this post. I have traveled the world and find it fantastic that you and I can respectfully express ourselves without the "man" coming down on us. This is just not the case elsewhere.

I hope we can keep all the negativity in the world off the NFL playing field and concentrate on having a great game to experience. The NFL is good at bringing people together. The color of your skin or your political views do not matter to the NFL. On the field in Seattle, everyone is equal and works toward one goal: beating the 49ers... ha!

Have fun!

12thHawkDawg

Thank you. And I agree - beat the NINERS! Man, I hate those guys.

I have also traveled outside the USA a lot and have found a lot to like about the world. I think you are right that we enjoy freedoms here that not every country has, but ours is not the only country where citizens can agree to disagree w/o fear of retribution from the state. I wouldn't live anywhere else & I do count myself fortunate to be American.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri May 26, 2017 1:46 pm

Be careful about putting limits on how you define patriotism. Your version may be different from others.
Some think a true patriot is one who sees a wrong within their society or country and is willing to sacrifice himself (in some manner) to better it.
Others see true patriots as only those willing to die when their country calls them to duty a la Pat Tillman in a foreign land.
And there are other viewpoints, too.
Both noted examples are correct and both should be celebrated as the intent is to better the world we all live in.
CK chose the former to try to make his mark.
That it bothers so many might just mean he hit a nerve with some.

Granted, nobody likes sports and politics to be mixed, and it's not my first choice, but how much bigger a venue to choose than in the most popular sport in the country?
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri May 26, 2017 2:32 pm

NorthHawk wrote:Be careful about putting limits on how you define patriotism. Your version may be different from others.
Some think a true patriot is one who sees a wrong within their society or country and is willing to sacrifice himself (in some manner) to better it.
Others see true patriots as only those willing to die when their country calls them to duty a la Pat Tillman in a foreign land.
And there are other viewpoints, too.
Both noted examples are correct and both should be celebrated as the intent is to better the world we all live in.
CK chose the former to try to make his mark.
That it bothers so many might just mean he hit a nerve with some.

Granted, nobody likes sports and politics to be mixed, and it's not my first choice, but how much bigger a venue to choose than in the most popular sport in the country?

So how does wearing piggy socks make the world we live in better and how does wearing a pro Castro tee shirt equate to patriotism?

You seem to have forgotten that Kaepernick's "mark" went further than simply kneeling during the anthem.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat May 27, 2017 6:33 am

People trying to make a point often go too far.
Even he has said the socks were a mistake, so he is aware of it.
I don't know about the shirt or if he acknowledged it.
We all look back at what we've done and thought we would have done things differently if we were to do it all over again.

If being a patriot means a person has to be a saint, then there would be none.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby 12thHawkDawg » Sat May 27, 2017 8:50 am

Seahawks4Ever wrote:I respect YOUR right to speak up for and DEFEND Old Glory that you fought for! I can understand the "concept" that burning our flag is an "expression" of speech and therefore protected speech, , I just cannot think that any true patriot would even consider actually burning Old Glory. Just because it may be legal to do something doesn't mean that one should do it!

edit; In other words, I myself can think of no good reason to disrespect the flag, I would hope that one would find another way to raise attention to their cause.

As the Aussie's like to say "Good on ya' Mate!"

- 12thHawkDawg
12thHawkDawg
Legacy

Postby yoder » Sat May 27, 2017 10:46 am

As somebody once said on this forum, Sunday Football used to be my sanctuary from politics. Can't remember who, but it was a damn good quote!
yoder
Site Admin

Postby monkey » Sat May 27, 2017 11:21 am

yoder wrote:As somebody once said on this forum, Sunday Football used to be my sanctuary from politics. Can't remember who, but it was a damn good quote!

Yes, it once was, but the players themselves, who were told by activists that they had to use their platform, to speak out, (the way the activists wanted them to, of course), or else they were immoral, (a lie!) brought in the politics.

Now, there is no escape.
monkey
Legacy

Postby vahawker » Sun May 28, 2017 5:02 am

I think if he had "only" knelt during the anthem things would be different, but his socks, the idiot shirt, and kneeling during Military Day before the Chargers game(although given his stance he really had no choice) took things beyond what many people could accept. Let's not forget that he is not on an NFL roster because HE chose not to be when he opted out of his contract. Quite possible, likely even, that the 49ers would have cut him, but we will never know. Now he says he will no longer kneel, to the cynic, that smacks of hypocrisy and further diminishes his stature in people's eyes. I applaud what he has done in the community(rarely mentioned in stories abut him) and for putting his time and money where his mouth is. My father fought his way across the Pacific Islands to give him the freedom of that protest. He also fought to give the owners the right to protest his protest by refusing to sign him to play for them.
vahawker
Legacy

Postby Oly » Sun May 28, 2017 5:35 am

monkey wrote:Yes, it once was, but the players themselves, who were told by activists that they had to use their platform, to speak out, (the way the activists wanted them to, of course), or else they were immoral, (a lie!) brought in the politics.

Now, there is no escape.

I blame us, the sports fan public. Remember the backlash when Charles Barkley said "I'm no role model"? We (I mean that broadly, not us on this board) told Barkley and others that:

"Celebrities like Barkley may decline the honor, but their high visibility obliges them to behave with at least an awareness that they are being watched by millions. Like it or not, they have a power of influence on worshipful young fans multiplied by the huge factor of television-perhaps even more so among the minority poor, who have few other avatars of success to excite their hopes." -- http://www.newsweek.com/im-not-role-model-193808

In other words, be a public figure. But celebrities (rightly, IMO) bristled at this. They were told to be public figures, role models, charity organizers...anything but themselves. In other words, we wanted them to be like Russell Wilson. Hide your personality behind feel-good, role-modely platitudes. I can see why Barkley--and now Sherman and Kaepernick and Gronk and Cam and loads of others--said f*ck that. They are still people, after all, and are lucky enough to live in a country of free speech. So they took that pressure to be a public figure and tweaked it to be role models for the things they actually cared about or, like Barkley, to not be role models at all. We're free, of course, to use our free speech to push back and encourage the ownership of our team to not sign a guy because of his activism, and I'm fine with that.

My point, though, is that I don't think activists and agents are to blame. We are lying in the bed that we made.
Oly
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon May 29, 2017 7:30 am

vahawker wrote:I think if he had "only" knelt during the anthem things would be different, but his socks, the idiot shirt, and kneeling during Military Day before the Chargers game(although given his stance he really had no choice) took things beyond what many people could accept. Let's not forget that he is not on an NFL roster because HE chose not to be when he opted out of his contract. Quite possible, likely even, that the 49ers would have cut him, but we will never know. Now he says he will no longer kneel, to the cynic, that smacks of hypocrisy and further diminishes his stature in people's eyes. I applaud what he has done in the community(rarely mentioned in stories abut him) and for putting his time and money where his mouth is. My father fought his way across the Pacific Islands to give him the freedom of that protest. He also fought to give the owners the right to protest his protest by refusing to sign him to play for them.

Another thing that diminishes Kaepernick's credibility is that he admitted that he didn't even vote in the last presidential election. A man who says he's out to change what's wrong in this country that doesn't even bother to vote? What kind of message does that send?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby monkey » Mon May 29, 2017 9:29 am

Oly, that really was a terrific and well written response, much of which I agree with; but you're underestimating the activists influence, you underestimate just how much time and money they spend trying to get celebrities to echo their talking point$.
monkey
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Tue May 30, 2017 12:09 pm

The Kaepernick thing has been instructive. The way people react to it almost without fail tells us way more about the person reacting to him than it does about Kaepernick himself.

Some of the things he's done are cool (the actual charity work); some of the things he's done exhibit questionable education (the Castro shirt, not voting); some of the things he's done are blown completely out of proportion and turned into rank propaganda (the pig socks, I know more people who don't like cops than do regardless of race, age, gender or political affiliation); and most of it boils down to the fact that he wasn't really seeking the attention. He made a personal choice that a reporter noticed and then turned it into a big story.

Now you have a country full of people ready to claw each other's eyes out over something that wasn't even a universal practice in the NFL until 2009 when the Dept. of Defense started paying for these pre-game ceremonies to be staged. That is not to say that players didn't stand prior to 2009 but it wasn't a "requirement" and no one was scanning the field or checking the locker room for people who didn't line up with their hand over their heart.

This whole thing is a clusterF@*# of epidemic proportion and more indicative of our highly polarized political climate that it is saying anything about how good or bad a person or role model Colin Kaepernick is.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue May 30, 2017 2:48 pm

kalibane wrote:The Kaepernick thing has been instructive. The way people react to it almost without fail tells us way more about the person reacting to him than it does about Kaepernick himself.

Some of the things he's done are cool (the actual charity work); some of the things he's done exhibit questionable education (the Castro shirt, not voting); some of the things he's done are blown completely out of proportion and turned into rank propaganda (the pig socks, I know more people who don't like cops than do regardless of race, age, gender or political affiliation); and most of it boils down to the fact that he wasn't really seeking the attention. He made a personal choice that a reporter noticed and then turned it into a big story.

Now you have a country full of people ready to claw each other's eyes out over something that wasn't even a universal practice in the NFL until 2009 when the Dept. of Defense started paying for these pre-game ceremonies to be staged. That is not to say that players didn't stand prior to 2009 but it wasn't a "requirement" and no one was scanning the field or checking the locker room for people who didn't line up with their hand over their heart.

This whole thing is a clusterF@*# of epidemic proportion and more indicative of our highly polarized political climate that it is saying anything about how good or bad a person or role model Colin Kaepernick is.

I agree with most of what you said, but I don't agree that most people don't like cops, at least not to the point of calling them pigs. You'd have to produce some type of evidence in order to get me to buy off on that one.

I agree with you regarding the NFL's choreographed ceremonies and accepting defense department money to stage the beginning of the games along with live images of players facing the flag. I don't really care for it. Heck, the cameramen ought to be facing the flag and paying their respects to the nation just as much as fans and players. The whole thing has become too commercialized IMO. But it is what it is.

I also agree with your last statement. The reaction to Kapernick's protests is indicative of our very polarized, political/social climate. That's why I disagreed with it, because I felt he was doing more to divide us than he was to unite us. I much prefer something like Doug Baldwin's organized demonstration during the Seahawks season opener last year, one that recognizes our differences yet bonds us together.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Oly » Tue May 30, 2017 6:32 pm

monkey wrote:Oly, that really was a terrific and well written response, much of which I agree with; but you're underestimating the activists influence, you underestimate just how much time and money they spend trying to get celebrities to echo their talking point$.

I think those activists thrive in the climate we created. I guess I'm not underestimating the activists' influence so much as I am looking back to the ultimate cause, which is the situation that gives them this kind of influence. But in the day-to-day run of things, yeah, I'd agree that they have a huge influence.
Oly
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Wed May 31, 2017 4:26 am

Kaepernick didn't divide us Riv. We were already divided. Kaepernick's actions just shined a light on those divisions. Getting mad at him for "dividing" us. Is like getting mad at some random person who lifted up a rug and exposed that your floor was dirty and accusing them for tracking dirt in the house. And true not everyone calls Cops pigs but I've heard them called pigs by many people and even more that simply just do not like them. Those socks were in poor taste but they are socks. You don't have one actual recorded instance of him espousing violence against police or getting into an altercation with an Officer himself (verbal or otherwise) and IMO it's blowing things out of proportion to use socks to dismiss someone entirely out of hand. If those socks, something you'd find at Spencer's Gifts, are what you are holding on to to make Kaepernick the villain and dismiss the issues he's talking about there is something wrong. You can disagree with the issues he's talking about but not because of socks. It just means you'd rather get mad at an article of clothing than to try and understand what his pov is.

Keep in mind too (although this is well trod territory and people will continue to deny it). Black people have more distrust built around cops and the government than other parts of the population and it's earned. The Supreme Court just unanimously struck down gerrymandered districts in North Carolina because they were drawn to disenfranchise the black voters. Voting Laws have been struck down in Wisconsin, NC, Texas, Alabama and more because they were racially discriminatory. There consent decrees in dozens of cities because police have been found on a systematic level to have targeted and unfairly treated black citizens. The Justice Department is actively trying to roll back civil rights protections. This didn't happen 40-50 years ago. It's happening today. But instead looking at the big picture and seeing why Kaepernick might be seeing these things and being upset, not reacting to them perfectly but understanding that he might have valid feelings of resentment... forget all that because... socks. He's mad at what he perceives as systematic violence against people who look like him. You're mad at socks.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed May 31, 2017 6:18 am

kalibane wrote:Kaepernick didn't divide us Riv. We were already divided.

A matter of opinion as to whether or not his actions divided us or simply exposed a divide. But one thing's for sure: He did nothing to unite us.

You don't have one actual recorded instance of him espousing violence against police or getting into an altercation with an Officer himself (verbal or otherwise) and IMO it's blowing things out of proportion to use socks to dismiss someone entirely out of hand. If those socks, something you'd find at Spencer's Gifts, are what you are holding on to to make Kaepernick the villain and dismiss the issues he's talking about there is something wrong.

I never said he was a villain, even went out of my way to say that I didn't "hate" him, only that I had little to no respect for him. He's not a criminal, and I'll defend his right to voice his opinion.

Black people have more distrust built around cops and the government than other parts of the population and it's earned. The Supreme Court just unanimously struck down gerrymandered districts in North Carolina because they were drawn to disenfranchise the black voters. Voting Laws have been struck down in Wisconsin, NC, Texas, Alabama and more because they were racially discriminatory. There consent decrees in dozens of cities because police have been found on a systematic level to have targeted and unfairly treated black citizens. The Justice Department is actively trying to roll back civil rights protections. This didn't happen 40-50 years ago. It's happening today. But instead looking at the big picture and seeing why Kaepernick might be seeing these things and being upset, not reacting to them perfectly but understanding that he might have valid feelings of resentment... forget all that because... socks. He's mad at what he perceives as systematic violence against people who look like him. You're mad at socks.

I don't deny that. But Kaepernick's protests were way too general and aimed at everyone, including other people of color, particularly those who died defending the flag. He might as well stuck his middle finger out at us. He's painting everyone with the same brush stroke.

And although I'll admit that blacks and minorities have good cause to not trust the police and that there is a racial component at work, the problem with bad cops goes further than just race. There was a black officer in Baltimore that participated in the "rough ride" given to the suspect that did nothing to stop it and resulted in the death of the suspect. And did you see that black female cop, the first responder that was standing by the fallen body of the black guy in North Carolina that was shot in the back while running away from a cop? Did she attempt any basic first aid like even I've been trained to do? Hell, no! She stood over him like a hunter having shot a deer, just talking on her radio. She didn't give two hoots in hell about that man's life. Now you tell me: Who's not looking at the bigger picture?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Wed May 31, 2017 7:14 am

Let me stress that I am not accusing you of being mad or painting kaep a villian. When I say "you" in these discussions I mean people in general not you specifically. When I say "we" I mean people on each side of this whole kaepernick debacle, not you and I. All my characterizations are about the debate in general and not specific people who are involve. My point is people have drawn lines and aren't interested in even trying to understand. Perspective.

Did Kaepernick make some poor choices? Perhaps. But we're almost a year later and people are still harping on socks. Socks that he apologized for mind you. And people still won't let it go. What kind of perspective is that? Is that uniting anyone?

No ... and that's my point. People are grabbing onto excuses to remain divided. You don't think he had the right approach lead by example instead of preaching. Right now his critics are guilty of the same thing they say invalidates Kaepernick's efforts. They aren't even making an effort to understand. They are using socks as a straw man to claim his grievances aren't legitimate. If you know better, enough to lecture Kaepernick about what he should have done but lack the grace to do it yourself, what does that say about you?
kalibane
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed May 31, 2017 7:44 am

I think in today's world anything that is even remotely political in nature is divisive.
The extremes on both sides seem to drive the agendas and that creates contempt and closes minds of each side.
The result is the compassionate and understanding members (not necessarily moderates, but those who are rational
enough to see the other opinion) on each side are being marginalized in this world dominated by sound bites and "Breaking News".
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed May 31, 2017 10:45 pm

NorthHawk wrote:I think in today's world anything that is even remotely political in nature is divisive.
The extremes on both sides seem to drive the agendas and that creates contempt and closes minds of each side.
The result is the compassionate and understanding members (not necessarily moderates, but those who are rational
enough to see the other opinion) on each side are being marginalized in this world dominated by sound bites and "Breaking News".

I can agree with a lot of that, but I'll add to your comments that a lot of our divisiveness is driven by the media.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed May 31, 2017 11:22 pm

RiverDog wrote:I can agree with a lot of that, but I'll add to your comments that a lot of our divisiveness is driven by the media.

And by those on both sides for seemingly lacking the ability to *ever* view anyone on "their side" as indefensible, nor anyone on the "other side" as having any redeemable qualities.

It's how we end up with people apologizing for someone wearing 'cops are pigs' socks at an NFL camp and for idiots saying our POTUS wasn't born in America and that he wants to intentionally destroy the USA,

The country's lost its fcking mind.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:11 am

I'm probably not alone, but I yearn for a party that is pragmatic.
Both the left and right have good ideas. We need someone or political party who takes those good ideas and puts them together into a single platform for voter approval.
Unfortunately, ideologues seem to be running the shows these days with little room for consideration of outside ideas. It's a problem not for American politics alone as the
divides are becoming more apparent everywhere in western democracies. At least that's how I see it.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby monkey » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:19 pm

NorthHawk wrote:I'm probably not alone, but I yearn for a party that is pragmatic.
Both the left and right have good ideas. We need someone or political party who takes those good ideas and puts them together into a single platform for voter approval.
Unfortunately, ideologues seem to be running the shows these days with little room for consideration of outside ideas. It's a problem not for American politics alone as the
divides are becoming more apparent everywhere in western democracies. At least that's how I see it.

The irony is, pragmatism is EXACTLY what got the current president, who you and so may others hate so much, elected!
A whole bunch of people who are sick and tired of the political fights and tantrums decided to throw their weight behind a guy who said that he would put our interests ahead of other countries and even ahead of politics. Middle America, fly over country, got tired of their pragmatism and common sense being ignored by both parties, and elected someone who least resembles a typical politician.

In not saying that's good or bad, just that it happened.
monkey
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:15 pm

I think he CLAIMED to be pragmatic, but his actions seem more in keeping with the ideology of his political handlers like Bannon.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:13 am

monkey wrote:The irony is, pragmatism is EXACTLY what got the current president, who you and so may others hate so much, elected!
A whole bunch of people who are sick and tired of the political fights and tantrums decided to throw their weight behind a guy who said that he would put our interests ahead of other countries and even ahead of politics. Middle America, fly over country, got tired of their pragmatism and common sense being ignored by both parties, and elected someone who least resembles a typical politician.

In not saying that's good or bad, just that it happened.

There's a lot of truth to that. I have a very good friend that's a Muslim from Iraq that was obviously upset with the election of Trump. I tried to console him by pointing out that the fact that people voted for him for a variety of reasons, one of which was that he was an unconventional candidate not tied to the old guard.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:09 am

No doubt. A lottery ticket, you never win but you were hoping, or the reset button on politics, or he is not Hillabeast, etc etc!
obiken
Legacy

Postby monkey » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:42 pm

NorthHawk wrote:I think he CLAIMED to be pragmatic, but his actions seem more in keeping with the ideology of his political handlers like Bannon.

I wasn't a Trump supporter, I'm a Ted Cruz guy myself, but you're right that so far, his actions have been much better than I was expecting. I figured he'd drift back to being the New York lib he's been most of his life, but his cabinet appointments, his actions towards Israel, and now, thankfully his pulling out of that horrible Paris accord, have all been much better than I could have ever expected.
So far, he's been mostly terrific. All the stupid reports of chaps even etc..., I just ignore that nonsense, it's lies driven by a media that hates him passionately.
He's going too be re elected easily in the next election because his policies are already having a positive effect on our economy.
I haven't been this happy with a president since Reagan.
monkey
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:00 pm

Getting off the subject of Trump and ON to the subject of Kaep...

I liked Pete's comments today about CK. Called him a starter in this league (which I mildly agree with) and was respectful of him and his ability. Like.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:06 pm

and as long as he's not a starter for us, I'm good with that. Lets move on to real football.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:57 am

jshawaii22 wrote:and as long as he's not a starter for us, I'm good with that. Lets move on to real football.

10-4. Let's bury all three of these Kaepernick threads. We've beaten this dead horse into submission.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:00 am

Yeah, every team needs a one read starter... :roll:

He really isn't even a reliable backup either.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:42 am

I wasn't a Trump supporter, I'm a Ted Cruz guy myself, but you're right that so far, his actions have been much better than I was expecting. I figured he'd drift back to being the New York lib he's been most of his life, but his cabinet appointments, his actions towards Israel, and now, thankfully his pulling out of that horrible Paris accord, have all been much better than I could have ever expected.
So far, he's been mostly terrific. All the stupid reports of chaps even etc..., I just ignore that nonsense, it's lies driven by a media that hates him passionately.
He's going too be re elected easily in the next election because his policies are already having a positive effect on our economy.
I haven't been this happy with a president since Reagan.

Oh brother, your part of 38%!! He will impeached for obstruction of justice, and violating the espionage act of 1917, which ironically was set up to keep American Socialist-Commies, like John Reed, from communing with the Soviets. He doesn't have any policies enacted yet, he getting a free ride off the Obama economy that has been steadily improving since 09. He has falsely accused his predecessor who was elected in a real landslide, of putting him under surveillance. We are just waiting for him to demand an investigation of a 22 foot Bunny Rabbits on the South Lawn! He is an embarrassment, disgrace, and delusional.
obiken
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:21 am

Oh brother, your part of 38%!!

Didn't you vote for Hillary, obi? ;)
burrrton
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:50 am

Yes, but only after he acted like such an infant at the AL Smith dinner. Had he not done that, I would've voted independent.
obiken
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:16 pm

Yes

Then I'm not sure you have any room to judge. Just one man's opinion, though.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:55 pm

Obi, you do realize that there is not one shred of evidence of collusion (which is not against the law btw, otherwise MSNBC who leaked the infamous crotch grabbing video, in order to collude against Trump, and Obama, who blatantly interfered with Israel's election would be in big trouble!), Right?
If he had told Comey not to continue his investigation then Comey lied under oath and broke the law by not reporting it!

What's he going to be impeached for? He's broken no laws he's only done exactly what he ran on.

Obama's administration on the other hand...I think there will be a lot of them pleading the fifth and turning on each other very soon. Hillary and her illegal server are just the tip of the iceberg.
What Obama's administration did is far worse than any scandal in US history using the FBI CIA and, NSA to spy on Americans, including Trump ​and Trump's transition team, is going to forever tarnish the US.
What Obama, and Hillary were doing along with Susan Rice and many many others is so much worse than anything Nixon did, even the blatantly left wing media won't be able to cover it up forever.
Oh sure they won't talk about it, and they'll try to distract (like they are already doing) and make up more phony allegations about Trump, but eventually the truth will come out.

The only laws that were broken were the ones broken by the leftists who are leaking classified materials.
Expect some long jail sentences.
monkey
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:16 pm

Then I'm not sure you have any room to judge. Just one man's opinion, though.

Why? You are I think, defined in life on how you treat people. Little Marco, Lying Ted Cruz, crooked Hillary, Penguin Walker, Pocahontas, making fun of a paraplegic, inciting the crowd against Curic, attacking a Muslim American decorated Combat Vet, self inflicted wounds. Saying a judge of Hispanic origin can't do his job unbiased, etc etc. I don't Judge Trump on how he was born with Millions, nor on what ran on, but how treats people, and treats them like crap. Sorry, I have the right.
obiken
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum